Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 71 reply threads

• Author

• GameTime

Participant

UF is Back!im still expecting a 8-4ish season, but dadgumit the excitement is back.  not real happy about VH3 playing so much, but it looks like they want him out there as much as possible.im hoping that the NMS QB had the game of his life, or is just pretty good.  he got away from pressure a few times and made great throws.  NMS receievers definitely didnt help him out.the OL will be a work in progress all season.  UF was changing players, positions, lineups all first half it appeared.  will be interesting to see how they do against a toptier rush.  i thought they certainly did okay, just not great.grier appeared head and shoulders above treon, but treon was certainly capable.  grier just got the ball out so quick, so accurate.  plus showed some good wheels.  RBs looked solid.  i saw a stat that grier-harris-driskel-brisset combined this past weekend for 60-75 for 1000 yards 10 TDs and no picks.  sure, against patsies, but much different than the past.  i think its fair to say muschamp is a QB killer.  i think UF used 14 different recievers.i think the mindset will be 100x different, similar to the Bucs having winston.  just a different vibe, a confidence in being able to score and win.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glad someone started this thread. Hopefully there’ll be a lot of good things to talk about this season.Very excited and looking forward to seeing Gator offense the way it should be played. Grier was really sharp. Sure it was lowly NMS but what the hell, at least this team has some offense again. My kid called to tell me how electric the atmosphere was on Saturday. She was pumped. So was I, I’m not spending all that money for her to go to a school that plays boring football. :-) I want my money’s worth too, damn it! :-)

• Anonymous

Inactive

McElwain’s opening statement"That was embarrassing. Our lack of playing with discipline and understanding how you play the game crept up. It was embarrassing. Penalties inside the red area. We’ve got a long ways to go. It starts with understanding selfish acts hurt the team, and it will be dealt with. It’s not how it’s going to be around here anymore.  Over the last 10 years, the most penalized team in the league- in the country. It’s not gonna happen. We’ve got to learn.It was embarrassing. It was embarrassing to our administration, our university. It almost came back to bite us in the end.There were some decent things that went on, but there were a heck of a lot worse bad things than there were good things. So there’s not a lot of positives to talk about other than the fact that we figured out a way to win a ball game. It’s not the brand or style of ball we’re going to play.We were inconsistent offensively. Defensively, obviously after the first one, not getting off to a fast start, they settled into the game, played pretty decent. Lost special teams."

Sheesh. I'd say that sums it up pretty well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

McElwain goes off on Taylor after the throat slashing gesture. Wow.:30 sec.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuPnBdYK3Q

• Anonymous

Inactive

McElwain goes off on Taylor after the throat slashing gesture. Wow.:30 sec.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuPnBdYK3Q

yikes, thats what you call blowing someones hair back.

• Anonymous

Inactive

yikes, thats what you call blowing someones hair back.

He looks very similar to Muschamp in the way he loses it on the sidelines..  Hey if it works? Of course such behavior can backfire and suddenly you have lost respect from the players.I was a bit surprised at his behavior last night.  He seemed far less vitriolic and easy going from his interviews that I had seen before the bullets started flying. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course such behavior can backfire and suddenly you have lost respect from the players.

rest easy ,KT tweeted today that he has nothing but respect for Mac and loves him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course such behavior can backfire and suddenly you have lost respect from the players.

rest easy ,KT tweeted today that he has nothing but respect for Mac and loves him.

Obviously, going apoplectic is working for the new UF coach compared to Muschamp.  Not my cup of tea but if gator fans find it an admirable quality in a head coach they are certainly entitled to accepting that type of behavior.  8)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously, going apoplectic is working for the new UF coach compared to Muschamp.  Not my cup of tea but if gator fans find it an admirable quality in a head coach they are certainly entitled to accepting that type of behavior.  8)

i think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, but i get it.was certainly not the game UF fans wanted after NMS, but it was a win.  hopefully it can be a learning tool.  i know that Mac was putting out quotes all week about poor preparation.running game looked eerily similar to the last few seasons...no creativity, same runs over and over.  grier appeared to make a bunch of good reads, but was very innaccurate with this throws.  treon seems like he just waits for a receiver to come open.  much rather he get the backup job.defense was disappointing.  would have liked to see much better passrush considering the Qb threw almost 60 times.  after anzalone went down, our pass defense went to crap.  missing VH3 was a bummer.hopefully this game was a wakeup call.

• Anonymous

Inactive

New Mexico State is a joke.  Worst team in DI-A.  Georgia State had 600 yards of offense @ NMSU last saturday..  ECU was using their back up QB.  I'm looking at 6-6 or 7-5 at best.  Gonna be another rough year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, but i get it.

It continues to be a topic on ESPN and it would appear the majority opinion is the behaviorwas unacceptable for a head coach. There is a place and time for everything.  JMO but MC's behavior was a complete embarrassment to UF.    If UF never gets a penalty for such behavior in the future, MC gets a complete pass.  I just doubt it will stop such player behavior.  Going so apoplectic on the sideline is not a good thing.  JMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

1It continues to be a topic on ESPN and it would appear the majority opinion is the behaviorwas unacceptable for a head coach. 2There is a place and time for everything.  JMO but MC's behavior was a complete embarrassment to UF.    If UF never gets a penalty for such behavior in the future, MC gets a complete pass.  3I just doubt it will stop such player behavior.  Going so apoplectic on the sideline is not a good thing.  JMO

1 should i remind you what used to be a continued topic on ESPN about majority opinion and behavior of a QB?  seems you pick and choose when you want to use ESPN as a moral compass, or a guage of integrity.2 i think Macs tirade was overboard, but far from a complete embarassment.  i do believe that we will never see another throat slash from a UF player, so it appears Mac gets a complete pass.3 i certainly think it will stop the throatslash. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

1It continues to be a topic on ESPN and it would appear the majority opinion is the behaviorwas unacceptable for a head coach. 2There is a place and time for everything.  JMO but MC's behavior was a complete embarrassment to UF.    If UF never gets a penalty for such behavior in the future, MC gets a complete pass.  3I just doubt it will stop such player behavior.  Going so apoplectic on the sideline is not a good thing.  JMO

1 should i remind you what used to be a continued topic on ESPN about majority opinion and behavior of a QB?  seems you pick and choose when you want to use ESPN as a moral compass, or a guage of integrity.Are you comparing a kid getting some Crab legs with an adult coach's sideline behavior?2 i think Macs tirade was overboard, but far from a complete embarassment.  i do believe that we will never see another throat slash from a UF player, so it appears Mac gets a complete pass.Could be right but many have opined that it was extremely embarrassing and have not been complimentary towards the new head coach of Florida.3 i certainly think it will stop the throatslash.

Perhaps.    We shall see.  JMO but I have seen little from UF's in house discipline having that great effect on future player behavior.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i thought we were talking about what ESPN is showing and speaking about?  you talking about stealing crablegs again?  jeez, i wish folks could just let the past die.  HE DID HIS TIME! HE PAID THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF RETRIBUTION POSSIBLE!  HE WAS NEVER ARRESTED!  let it go.who are these opiners who you appear to be putting much stock into?how would Macs in house disclipline already have a future effect?  are you going off his CSU data? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Electric finish over Tennessee!

• Anonymous

Inactive

The armchair QB in me was cursing McElwain for calling the timeout before the first wide right at the end. That second wide right was too close for comfort. Sweating bullets.. Go Gators!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Helluva’ game!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

The armchair QB in me was cursing McElwain for calling the timeout before the first wide right at the end. That second wide right was too close for comfort. Sweating bullets.. Go Gators!

agree.  kick looked good from where i was sitting, place went crazy once the ref signaled no good.  both teams were trying to give it away.fun to win a close one again!

• Anonymous

Inactive

agree.  kick looked good from where i was sitting, place went crazy once the ref signaled no good.  both teams were trying to give it away.fun to win a close one again!

I was with you guys.  Come to find out there were 12 men on the field, and that's why Mac called the timeout.  He wasn't trying to ice the kicker - thank God.

• Anonymous

Inactive

All the gators I know, maybe 26 to 20, were not too excited about the season. I could name for UF starters. Saying they're back and the next line being 8-4ish really gave me a chuckle. Laughed for a good 26 to 20 seconds. Ah well. I hope they do great, it's way more fun to be around Gator fan when their football team doesn't stink out loud. Gotta get that offense in gear this week!  Maybe score, 26 - 20 points.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was with you guys.  Come to find out there were 12 men on the field, and that's why Mac called the timeout.  He wasn't trying to ice the kicker - thank God.

Hadn't realized that. Nice heads up by the Biggs-n-ator.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i thought UF might win, but never anything like this.  D came to play, and grier showed his potential.  even better was how simple UF made converting 3rd downs.  keep the train rollling against mizzou - could lead to a huge showdown vs lsu.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great game plan from from Mac & Nuss. Grier hit his back foot and delivered accurate footballs. If he can continue to do that, this team will win a lot of football games.

• Anonymous

Inactive

was very impressed with the D.  i dont think theyve been playing to their potential but they came to play.  morrison will always be limited but he looked to be moving much better.  that goalline stand?  wow.ivey played a lot of LG.  i figured sharpe would slide over but as long as we are getting our best guys on the field, and getting many guys experience its great.  was happy to see cronkite back in there.ball bounced our way a lot last night, feels good to be able to say that.  i do believe that a team can make a lot of its luck.i dont usually put too much stock into biased refs, but dadgumit if there werent a few calls that were bad.  OleMiss got away with a PI early where the defender didnt even attempt to play the ball.one thing ive really liked is downfield blocking.  powells block against UT, this week kelvin had a really good one on calloways score.its amazing how much of a difference coaching and identity and mindset can do for a team.the future is BRIGHT.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They looked damn good. Their schedule is absolutely brutal, but last night shows we can play with anyone on it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

11th in the AP

• Anonymous

Inactive

11th in the AP

Night and day from last season. Gotta love it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

11th in the AP

Night and day from last season. Gotta love it.

They look the part. And, it's definitely nice to have an offense again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think that schedule is all that brutal. USC? They’ll be luck to be bowl eligible. UGA with a QB that couldn’t earn the top stop at UVA.  Mauk-less Mizzu.    FSU, we’ll have to see how they look when that game get’s closer. I’m not sure what’s up with Cook right now but if he’s out that would be huge. … Look, win the East, that's is well within reason. CG, They already beat, laid waste to, the team you could end up playing. That's got SEC champ written all over it. The only reason Gator fan isn't running all kinds of smack is their scared because of the past few seasons. They had no confidence going into this year. I say, run the smack already!  SEC Champs!

• Anonymous

Inactive

yeah, i think the potential of the schedule was much more difficult than how its actually come about.  tenn and UK have not lived up to the hype, uga is uga, spurrier is done, and fsu has the post winston blues.  olemiss and lsu?  pretty legit.  and while uga is uga, they still have chubb.i think there is just a lot of parity in CFB.  the midmajors are much better than in the past.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gators are 8th in the AP heading into Death Valley vs. #6 LSU.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And the starting QB is gone for the year. Man, all my FSU and UF friends were just starting to run some smack too. That calmed it right back down. faq it. you can still run and play D that's enough.

• Anonymous

Inactive

this one stings.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stunned, hit me out of left field. We’ll see how it impacts the team moving forward.  Gators are a 9.5 underdog this week.

• Anonymous

Inactive

huge spread.  ive read from those that pay attention that the spread isnt directly correlated to grier/harris…just that big money keeps flowing in on lsu.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tough loss last night, but it was a great game. To take a team like LSU, on the road, with your backup QB, down to the wire like that; it showed that Mcelwain had them ready to play. The loss shouldn't drop us very far and the East is still ours for the taking. Fair chance we have a rematch as a 1 loss team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tough loss last night, but it was a great game. To take a team like LSU, on the road, with your backup QB, down to the wire like that; it showed that Mcelwain had them ready to play. The loss shouldn't drop us very far and the East is still ours for the taking. Fair chance we have a rematch as a 1 loss team.

All good points. Harris played pretty well until he went stone cold at the end. Despite Florida counter punching with regularity I never had the feeling that they had the horses to take the game over, even when tied in the second half. Fournette is a total man beast. Like you said, tough team, tough environment and nothing to hang their head about. Mac has done a fine job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dropped to 13th in the AP.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dropped to 13th in the AP.

That's about where I expected.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Moved up a couple spots after Utah got spanked and FSU’s choke job. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Moved up a couple spots after Utah got spanked and FSU's choke job.

Yeah. Sucks that FSU choked it up Saturday. I wanted them next month undefeated, as we would need it to help our playoff chances. They're probably going to get dogwalked worse by Clemson than they did by Oregon last year. I'm hoping not.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wanted them next month undefeated, as we would need it to help our playoff chances.

the SEC champ is getting into the playoff.  i dont necessarily believe its gonna be UF, but i dont think the SEC champ needs help.although i guess it could be very interesting.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wanted them next month undefeated, as we would need it to help our playoff chances.

the SEC champ is getting into the playoff.  i dont necessarily believe its gonna be UF, but i dont think the SEC champ needs help.although i guess it could be very interesting.

I'm not saying we will win the SEC. But, I think it's definitely possible to see a rematch with LSU and us coming into it as a one loss team. We shall see.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They sure did it the Hardin way today… sloppy offense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i cant imagine Mac sending hardin in there for a long FG.  atrocious offense today, but everything this season is gravy.  watching lsu/bama - man, i dont want none of bama this year!  really hope nuss/mac spread it out - which i dont know is possible!  3 qtrs and fournettte has 10 yards?  thats ridiculous.

• Anonymous

Inactive

10 wins… doesn’t seem real.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Painful to watch. Despite an OL in need of improvement, Harris is just awful.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mac pulled a rabbit out of his hat year one.  he could only tape it together for so long.  im guessing del rio is taking snaps next season.future is still bright.  real bright.

• Anonymous

Inactive

future is still bright.  real bright.

I agree w/ that. However, the near future, as in next week, things could go from painful to downright brutal. I hate to sound like a broken record but I've seen enough of Harris to last me a lifetime.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The clock struck 12 on the remarkable Smoke and Mirrors season with Saturdays game.Just curious before I look it up, but when was the last time UF lost to the same opponent 3 successive years at BHG?I will be amazed if UF doesn't suffer another beat down against Bama and depending on their bowl game opponent could also end up being a loss.FSU was a very one dimensional team on offense this season and their OL was filled with first year players.  UF is rebuilding and it will take time.  This season reminded me of UF in 2012 when the defense carried the team as well.  I do think the offense was a bit better though.Yes the future is bright looking at next years schedule Of course USC, GA, Vandy, Kentucky, and Missouri remain easy wins.UMass,North Texas, and Presbyterian out of conference!8 wins guaranteed.Only Tennessee looks to be improved in the East. UF plays Arkansas,LSU and FSU.  I only see the possibility of 4 losses at the worst next season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

future is still bright.  real bright.

I agree w/ that. However, the near future, as in next week, things could go from painful to downright brutal. I hate to sound like a broken record but I've seen enough of Harris to last me a lifetime.

agree, i assume we’ll only see him 2 more times at QB.  as poorly as this season will end, 10 wins and a trip to ATL this season was amazing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The clock struck 12 on the remarkable Smoke and Mirrors season with Saturdays game.Just curious before I look it up, but when was the last time UF lost to the same opponent 3 successive years at BHG?UF is rebuilding and it will take time.  This season reminded me of UF in 2012 when the defense carried the team as well.  I do think the offense was a bit better though.Yes the future is bright looking at next years schedule Of course USC, GA, Vandy, Kentucky, and Missouri remain easy wins.UMass,North Texas, and Presbyterian out of conference!8 wins guaranteed.Only Tennessee looks to be improved in the East. UF plays Arkansas,LSU and FSU.  I only see the possibility of 4 losses at the worst next season.

this season was definitely smoke and mirrors – but only because this season was supposed to be bad.  Mac and UF definitely exceeded expectations.i have no idea about 3 straight losses.  its a dumb stat imo, but hang your hat on it.  UF beat fsu 3 straight in tally 04-08 so its not like it doesnt happen.what will take time?  UF won 10 games this year, going to a championship game.  that the exact opposite of things taking time.i wont be upset if UF finally has an easier schedule than fsu.  heck, even when the SEC East is down south carolina beats north carolina (arent they in the ACC championship game?) UGA beats GT.  so ill take it, its not chattanooga or charleson southern or texas st, but it'll do.

• Anonymous

Inactive

ACC 7-1 in SEC rivalry games the last 2 years.  Hmmm? all are SEC East teams…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ACC 7-1 in SEC rivalry games the last 2 years.  Hmmm? all are SEC East teams...

wonder why all those SEC east teams have changed coaches in the last 2 seasons?  (i figure UK is still in limbo)

• Anonymous

Inactive

i wont be upset if UF finally has an easier schedule than fsu.

You won't have anything to worry about for awhile.I love hearing FSU homers bark about the strength of schedule.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You won't have anything to worry about for awhile.I love hearing FSU homers bark about the strength of schedule.

SOS has to be the most difficult metric to figure.  There are just too many teams and too small of a sample to make any valid conclusion.  This season the SEC is pretty much Alabama and the 13 dwarfs, and that doesn't mean Alabama is the greatest team in CFB.  Hey they may win the playoff this season but they certainly haven't looked like world beaters.I honestly thought the SEC would be far stronger and balanced this season. I was wrong!Please tell me what team other than UF is remotely even above average team in the SEC LEAST...  Which SEC LEAST team has a winning record over UF over the last 30 years?Now how about the records of Miami and FSU against UF over the last 30 years?

• Anonymous

Inactive

SOS has to be the most difficult metric to figure.

Maybe in Tallahassee, but statisticians all over the country seem to figure it out every year.I'm guessing if there was one year in the last decade-plus where FSU had a tougher SOS, it wouldn't be so difficult to figure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe in Tallahassee, but statisticians all over the country seem to figure it out every year.I'm guessing if there was one year in the last decade-plus where FSU had a tougher SOS, it wouldn't be so difficult to figure.

Really?  Than why is there so much variance between one SOS and another?SOS is an opinion  27-2 is not...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really?  Than why is there so much variance between one SOS and another?

Links to the "so much variance", please.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would the word different metrics used for the determination?The problem is SOS is all based on an opinion of a teams strength.  You start with an original ranking of teams all 125 and go from there. Sheet in Sheet out.  Sagarin is probably recognized as the best but he over inflates the Pac 12 and SEC. MSU beats Michigan on a fluke play does that mean Michigan is automatically a weaker team?GT beats FSU on a fluke play does that mean GT is a strong team?Proof that SOS is inaccurate is taking a look at those initial rankings.  At the beginning of the season their were 7 SEC teams ranked in the top 25 now there is only 2 of those remaining 7 present with  1 new one being placed at #19  UF with 3 losses.So with sagarin all those 6 teams now out of the top 25 why is Alabama's SOS considered to be 4th in the country is SOS?  ::)  By the same token why is Stanford considered #14 with only Oregon and USC occupying 15th and 25th rankings in the polls?Clemson at the top is given a SOS of 42 even though they hold victories of 3 currently top 10 teams?  Makes no logical sense.  SOS by Sagarin pretty much exposes one certainty If you reside in the PAC 12 or SEC you play 10 or so of the strongest teams in America no matter what their final won/loss records are...  Same verse every year...  Funny thing is both FSU and Clemson played more top 25 and 50 defenses than any other teams. I just don't see anything but a weak opinion supporting any SOS or ranking.  Too many teams too few teams playing each other.Is Ole Miss a great team?  that UF beat the crap out of and Memphis or are they the great team that beat Alabama and LSU ( that was ready to fire their coach)... ::)What SEC LEAST Team should be considered Great?SOS is even worse by the NCAA standard where every loss and win are treated equally!  ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

All of that long-winded lunacy, but I didn’t see the links to “so much variance between one SOS and another” like you said?  FYI, you personally disagreeing with the rankings doesn’t qualify for variance.  You’re clearly a fanatical lunatic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

All of that long-winded lunacy, but I didn't see the links to "so much variance between one SOS and another" like you said?  FYI, you personally disagreeing with the rankings doesn't qualify for variance.  You're clearly a fanatical lunatic.

Fanatical lunatic?  How about someone that questions the validity of any strength of schedule determiner or those that believe rankings that change every week are reliable?I go by actual results on the field like 27-2.  That is a fact not an opinion.Kind of like stating at the beginning of the year Atlanta is a far better team than the Bucs..  Except they lost both games to the BUCS this year!  ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

All of that long-winded lunacy, but I didn't see the links to "so much variance between one SOS and another" like you said?  FYI, you personally disagreeing with the rankings doesn't qualify for variance.  You're clearly a fanatical lunatic.

Fanatical lunatic?  How about someone that questions the validity of any strength of schedule determiner or those that believe rankings that change every week are reliable?I go by actual results on the field like 27-2.  That is a fact not an opinion.Kind of like stating at the beginning of the year Atlanta is a far better team than the Bucs..  Except they lost both games to the BUCS this year!  ::)

Still no link about "so much variance between one SOS and another"?  Color me stunned.FSU SOS - 58UF SOS - 29Please, tell me more about about easy UF's schedule is loon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still no link about "so much variance between one SOS and another"?  Color me stunned.FSU SOS - 58UF SOS - 29Please, tell me more about about easy UF's schedule is loon.

Except for FSU, who did they play that should be considered a Top 10 team in the regular season?    Alabama doesn't count.If Miami played UF who would be favored? UF has dominated the SEC East for over 20 years.  Name one  SEC EAST team that has been better than UF over that period?  Yes there have been years when UF sucked but that wasn't due to the SEC East being anything special.  When was the last time an SEC EAST team won a conference championship game? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except for FSU, who did they play that should be considered a Top 10 team in the regular season?    Alabama doesn't count.If Miami played UF who would be favored? UF has dominated the SEC East for over 20 years.  Name one  SEC EAST team that has been better than UF over that period?  Yes there have been years when UF sucked but that wasn't due to the SEC East being anything special.  When was the last time an SEC EAST team won a conference championship game?

Fanatical loon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another interesting fact as an interlude to your silly infantile name calling:

• Anonymous

Inactive

So fsu used will muschamp to even it out over the last 20 years?  That’s what I’m seeing.  Will be interesting going forward with 2 offensive coaches rather than what UF fans endured the last few years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So fsu used will muschamp to even it out over the last 20 years?  That's what I'm seeing.  Will be interesting going forward with 2 offensive coaches rather than what UF fans endured the last few years.

look again...

• dennisduq

Participant

New here.  When does a 2016 thread get started/pinned?  Seems like this board is overun by a couple advertising bots with all the UFC threads.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, college board kinda died with the spam.  Start one up, there’s a few guys here that like to talk college as well.Hopefully PR can un sticky the old ones and clean up the board some.

• Anonymous

Inactive

For Gators baseball fans. Good looking series against Texas A&M starts on Friday. Saturday and Sunday games scheduled to be broadcast on ESPNU.

• Silverback

Participant

Roll Tide!!

Viewing 71 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Gators 2015’ is closed to new replies.