Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs’ George Warhop Talks Offensive Line Overhaul By Jenna Laine      Bucs Insider June 24    2014     When Lovie Smith was brought in as the new head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he brought immediate changes to the offensive line. The team parted ways with Davin Joseph, Jeremy Zuttah and Donald Penn. They then signed Evan Dietrich-Smith and Anthony Collins, while drafting Kevin Pamphile and Kadeem Edwards. In other words – it’s been a complete overhaul for the Bucs offensive line, and a LOT of attention is going to be centered on that unit come training camp. I spoke to offensive line coach George Warhop recently about how the group is progressing, particularly the rookies, and who figures to become the starter at right guard. He shared some insight on Jeff Tedford’s offense and his own personal coaching philosophies. As far as the health of left guard Carl Nicks, Warhop opted to defer that question tohead coach Lovie Smithhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnQdS4IvRPglink

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Speed in space on the O’line. Something new for da Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did she find a way to sneak into that interview that the Bucs screwed over Freeman?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really wished she would speak like a human being and not with that weird/awful cadence she currently employs. Cant get thru any of her vids.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Finally  we have a quality OL coach like Bill Muir Pete Mangurian Pat Morris Bob Bostad George Warhop!  I trust Bill Muir Pete Mangurian Pat Morris Bob Bostad George Warhop to finally get our OL turned around!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Finally  we have a quality OL coach like Bill Muir Pete Mangurian Pat Morris Bob Bostad George Warhop!  I trust Bill Muir Pete Mangurian Pat Morris Bob Bostad George Warhop to finally get our OL turned around!

LOL It's a new mindset!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Muir was money. Warhop is going to a great coach for us. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

nice.  But ya gotta have faith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bradetonian, you made me come to my senses. No more Oline cheerleading for me. Win it in the trenches or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL It's a new mindset!

792535.jpgmaking fun of fans on a fan website . . . . . smh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You win.. that's an awesome post. Thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was hilarious. In general I am a complete pessimist but when it comes to my team I am an indefatigable optimist. I hope beyond hope that he’s the guy to get our line figured out finally.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IIRC – Warhop is the only one of the five  that has the luxury of rebuilding the line by his own preference.That alone gives him an edge in my opinion.  It's not just him that is going to make or break this Oline.I have hope for this line.  Not great expectations year one - just good enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While it has been comical how much faith posters on here have in whoever the Bucs offensive line coach, probably more so than any other position coach, at least we finally got someone who has decided to try some new players and not just keep playing the same players year after year hoping for different results.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is amazing how many O’line coaches we have had who attained much better results when NOT coaching the Bucs. I think FRG nailed this one…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Critiquing o-line play …  They haven’t always sucked as much as some want you to believe.Here's a site that uses a combination of rushing ypg, qb bad play (sacks and ints), and 3rd down conversions to rank the line play.2009 #30 link2010 #2  link2011 #16  link2012 #13  link2013 #30  link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Critiquing o-line play ...  They haven't always sucked as much as some want you to believe.Here's a site that uses a combination of rushing ypg, qb bad play (sacks and ints), and 3rd down conversions to rank the line play.2009 #30 link2010 #2  link2011 #16  link2012 #13  link2013 #30  link

Interesting take.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Critiquing o-line play ...  They haven't always sucked as much as some want you to believe.Here's a site that uses a combination of rushing ypg, qb bad play (sacks and ints), and 3rd down conversions to rank the line play.2009 #30 link2010 #2  link2011 #16  link2012 #13  link2013 #30  link

In truth they're not as good as some people thought and they're not as bad as some people thought. They've generally always been bad at run blocking, but in 2010 and 2012 had A LOT of help from Blount and Martin leading the league in yards after contact. They've generally been average to above average in pass protection, but in 2013 got slaughtered when they had to block for a statue with no pocket presence for 13 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In truth they're not as good as some people thought and they're not as bad as some people thought. They've generally always been bad at run blocking, but in 2010 and 2012 had A LOT of help from Blount and Martin leading the league in yards after contact. They've generally been average to above average in pass protection, but in 2013 got slaughtered when they had to block for a statue with no pocket presence for 13 games.

They sucked out loud in the first 3 games of 2013, too.  They couldn't even get lined up right.  When Blount and Martin were bouncing off of tackles, they were in the secondary.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea they were awful in the beginning of last season. They got better but not much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea they were awful in the beginning of last season. They got better but not much.

They certainly weren't good but it's possible to be much worse. NFL.com keeps track of QB hits, and they credited the Bucs with giving up 75 hits last season to go along with the 47 sacks. That sounds bad, but Cleveland gave up 49 sacks and 121 hits. By contrast Denver gave up 20 sacks and 54 hits. So the Bucs were really right in the middle. It's just that when Glennon got hit, he went down easier than other QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way to polish a turd… 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course not… you flush them out to Baltimore, St. Louis, and Oakland.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would middle-of-the-pack be ok?http://footballsavages.com/2014/06/28/ranking-all-32-offensive-line/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  This guy knows his stuff.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

we need to extend this guy Warhop.  he's so good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Olson backstabbing Mangurian out of a job was hindsight a really really really bad thing for us.Mangurian had a line full of UDFAs and publix employees running an offense with a QB having a 4:1 TD/INT ratio and a 1,000 yard back averaging 5 yards a carry.Good thing we fired him.

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.