Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• BadabingBucs

Participant

poor guy just has been ruled out for season. I’d say his career is finished and he should try to get on a sports talk show.

Gruden/Raiders is likely your last shot as a washed up veteran and he certainly didn’t leave gracefully for Bruce/Tampa to have any sympathy for a 2022 back-up spot if not evident by this off-season.

He lacked the attitude that Suh brings but a shame he has fallen off so quickly after he left Tampa.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Not all that surprising to me really.

Kind of ironic that he was always compared to Suh and we now have Suh still playing at a very high level for us.

Also interesting to note that BOTH Suh and McCoy were selected higher than JPP in the 2010 draft and he is ALSO still contributing at a very high level for our current Bucs.

• BucsSavant

Participant

I’m sure he’s a good person, but honestly as a player…..was never a fan. Way too soft to be elite. What somewhat irked me about him honestly, was his constant desire to proclaim “this is my team” or “I’m the leader of this team”, something no one ever has to say if it’s true, or they are the least bit effective in that role. I would really hate wasting on a roster spot on someone like that over sentimentality, when truly they deserve none.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Never liked his fake personality and the fact that he’s arguably the most overrated and most overpaid athlete in the history of Tampa professional sports.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Never rooting for an injury. He did love the sport and he did cheer for his former teammates when we won it all.

But he was always soft and made of glass…

Dude contributed over and over to our losing culture. He had terrible gap integrity. He was too nice to opposing teams.

He had one helluva snap anticipation but that was also his weakness…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Knocks Big Ben down in a legal hit.

“Sorry Ben”, is what Gerald said to him.

I was like WTF was that?

He was not what this team needed. Vastly overrated as a player, seemed line a good dude. Just was never a big fan. He was mostly invisible in the big games.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Sucks for McCoy. We all know we wanted more out of him and the teams we had with him. Still feel like the guy gave his all for the team and was typically one of our better players. Just never really led us anywhere. Not totally on him but also yea wish could have been better for sure. Wish him luck and wish he could have been one of those guys who got a ring too at least from a standpoint that he gave his all for the bucs and was is a good guy.

Sometimes it also matters who you got around you too and a shame he couldn’t be on more special buccaneers teams during his time here. Whether or not he was part of that reason is debatable and one that isn’t 100 percent fair because it is a team game but you could also argue he just didn’t have that leadership dog mentality we probably needed on those teams but he wasn’t able to provide. We depended on him to be that but maybe should have done a better job having more of those players too.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by BucBalla85.

• BucBalla85

Participant

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by BucBalla85.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Knocks Big Ben down in a legal hit.

“Sorry Ben”, is what Gerald said to him.

I was like WTF was that?

He was not what this team needed. Vastly overrated as a player, seemed line a good dude. Just was never a big fan. He was mostly invisible in the big games.

Yea that was bad. I’m not gonna argue that for him other than he’s a good dude but we needed a dog then and he was opposite.

• Donkey

Participant

Yeah I really feel bad for a guy that gets to retire in his early 30s with $100 mil in the bank.

• aquilus

Participant

Yeah when he had heat with Warren Sapp because Warren said he needed to man up and get nasty

That’s when I jumped off the McCoy bandwagon

Plus his trips to IR were way too frequent

He will retire after this year I am sure

• Donkey

Participant

He lost me when he said his favorite movie was the Little Mermaid.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He’s the reason Lovontae David isn’t more recognized. Gerald, because he liked to jump in front of any open mic and drive ice cream trucks in Batman uniforms, was the media focus and face of this team for the years he was here, all while David outplayed him every season.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Lovontae ?

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Got to love iPhone spell check. Sorry professor

• Bucsfan714

Participant

Gerald is more Mr. GLASS then Batman…. Js

• Ramonb

Participant

What annoyed me about McCoy wasnt even his attitude, it was how people only saw his lightning get off and suggested that-that in and of itself- made him elite…I always saw a guy whose lightning get off failed to actually get results matching the hype.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

The writing was on the wall when he signed with the Faiders. It’s where veteran NFL careers go to die.

• GermCanBuc

Participant

I lost any and all respect for him when he apologized to Big Ben on Monday night a few years ago mid hit, and then proceeded to sign with Carolina because he had sand in his vag about us giving Suh “his” number. Enjoy your retirement big guy, and stay far away from Tampa. Don’t need his soft ass anywhere near our team.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.