Viewing 407 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Mike can be great! He’s a sponge.  Never saw him without his playbook.  All he thinks about is getting better.”Sounds like a player you want to bet against.  Weird.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is ma boi. Some people do it with god given talent, some do it by out preparing the other guy. The Peyton Mannings do it with both and are truly special. We’ll see where Glennon falls on that spectrum over the next few years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Mike can be great! He's a sponge.  Never saw him without his playbook.  All he thinks about is getting better."Sounds like a player you want to bet against.  Weird.

Thomas Edison or NiKola Tesla were both smart too but I wouldn't want them on my football team. It all comes down to what can he do on the field. Once he establishes that then he can follow in Peyton's foot steps on the off field work ethics.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“It all comes down to what can he do on the field. Once he establishes that then he can follow in Peyton’s foot steps on the off field work ethics.”Seriously? He should be successful first and then start studying? That is some moronic nonsense right there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s shown he has the basic talent to play in the league (See last year’s Seattle game). Hard work will only improve him in his second year in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's shown he has the basic talent to play in the league (See last year's Seattle game). Hard work will only improve him in his second year in the league.

Maybe he can improve maybe he can't but field vs off field are separate things. Plenty of people are book smart but fail miserably when it comes to real world application of the knowledge. Only time will tell which way Glennon goes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"It all comes down to what can he do on the field. Once he establishes that then he can follow in Peyton's foot steps on the off field work ethics."Seriously? He should be successful first and then start studying? That is some moronic nonsense right there.

Who said anything about success? Application of theory to the real world is all that was said. Basic reading comprehension is lacking seriously here. You created your own moronic nonsense right there 2nd stringer. Brilliant!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"It all comes down to what can he do on the field. Once he establishes that then he can follow in Peyton's foot steps on the off field work ethics."Seriously? He should be successful first and then start studying? That is some moronic nonsense right there.

Who said anything about success? Application of theory to the real world is all that was said. Basic reading comprehension is lacking seriously here. You created your own moronic nonsense right there 2nd stringer. Brilliant!

No, man.  You stepped in it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald McCoy is getting sick of the Josh Freeman bashingAs the Buccaneers prepare for what could be a make-or-break season for quarterback Josh Freeman, defensive tackle Gerald McCoy would like to see folks take a break from bashing the 2009 first-round pick.“I think the reason I’m so sensitive about [the Freeman bashing] is because I got it for two years,” McCoy told reporters on Tuesday, via JoeBucsFan.com.  “They talked bad about me for two years.  So, it’s like, I don’t take to well to it when they talk about my teammates.“He had a real good year.  People give him so much scrutiny.  I’m like, ‘Man, you all got to relax.  Like, calm down, man.’  They just, I think he gets treated unfairly a lot.  Like I said, to me, it’s a sensitive area because, you know, I got it for two years.  Actually still get it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/20/gerald-mccoy-is-getting-sick-of-the-josh-freeman-bashing/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t expect McCoy to say anything else, but I hope he is right

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My boots are knee high on these forums. You need that as a minimum to post here. Everyone is stepping in it. That's just the basic entry fee to post here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald McCoy is getting sick of the Josh Freeman bashingAs the Buccaneers prepare for what could be a make-or-break season for quarterback Josh Freeman, defensive tackle Gerald McCoy would like to see folks take a break from bashing the 2009 first-round pick.“I think the reason I’m so sensitive about [the Freeman bashing] is because I got it for two years,” McCoy told reporters on Tuesday, via JoeBucsFan.com.  “They talked bad about me for two years.  So, it’s like, I don’t take to well to it when they talk about my teammates.“He had a real good year.  People give him so much scrutiny.  I’m like, ‘Man, you all got to relax.  Like, calm down, man.’  They just, I think he gets treated unfairly a lot.  Like I said, to me, it’s a sensitive area because, you know, I got it for two years.  Actually still get it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/20/gerald-mccoy-is-getting-sick-of-the-josh-freeman-bashing/

Same thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I firmly believe the hardest thing for a QB to do and also the most important thing is to be able to stand in the pocket, calmly read your progressions and throw an accurate ball. All of this while choas is ensuing around you. It is that ability that the greats have and it is that baseline ability that is needed for all other talents to come to fruition. The ability to run simply makes up for the lack of the previous skills.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Mike can be great! He's a sponge.  Never saw him without his playbook.  All he thinks about is getting better."Sounds like a player you want to bet against.  Weird.

Sounds a lot like Gradkowski

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thomas Edison or NiKola Tesla were both smart too but I wouldn't want them on my football team.

ding, ding, ding!!And 'can be great' is very open ended. Hell, i can be great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

dammit.....i mis-spoke. NOW....we have a winner!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tesla and Edison weren’t studying football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds a lot like Gradkowski

Agreed, and I could see Glennon having a similar 8+ year career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tesla and Edison weren't studying football.

Really that's the best you got? They said the same thing about Gradkowski. Lots of players are book smart but that doesn't always translate to the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really that's the best you got? They said the same thing about Gradkowski. Lots of players are book smart but that doesn't always translate to the field.

It's a total non-sequitur to say Tesla and Edison wouldn't be good football players... and sad that studying a playbook can somehow be spun to be a negative thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

. It all comes down to what can he do on the field. Once he establishes that then he can follow in Peyton's foot steps on the off field work ethics.

i think most would agree that off the field work ethics need to be developed first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I firmly believe the hardest thing for a QB to do and also the most important thing is to be able to stand in the pocket, calmly read your progressions and throw an accurate ball. All of this while choas is ensuing around you. It is that ability that the greats have and it is that baseline ability that is needed for all other talents to come to fruition. The ability to run simply makes up for the lack of the previous skills.

or enhances the previous skills.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Mayhem: "Who said anything about success?"Let us review. These are your very words:Mayhem: "Once he establishes that then he can follow in Peyton's foot steps"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And 'can be great' is very open ended. Hell, i can be great.

with all due respect, i dont believe you have the arm strength to be a great NFL QB.  but i do believe you can be great at other things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

. It all comes down to what can he do on the field. Once he establishes that then he can follow in Peyton's foot steps on the off field work ethics.

i think most would agree that off the field work ethics need to be developed first.

I can think off a number of QB who might disagree, but the point isn't the timing, the point is it cannot be a bad thing that Glennon apparently has a strong work ethic and is smart. He still has to put it together on the field, but its a good sign.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's a total non-sequitur to say Tesla and Edison wouldn't be good football players... and sad that studying a playbook can somehow be spun to be a negative thing.

It's not a negative thing but it' also not a positive thing by default. You are trying to turn something that's UNKNOWN into something by ASSumption. It should be a good sign but if he can't apply it on the field it's worthless. Only time will tell that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mayhem: "Who said anything about success?"Let us review. These are your very words:Mayhem: "Once he establishes that then he can follow in Peyton's foot steps"

Let's review. That refers to proving he can apply the book knowledge to the field. Thanks for playing and come back anytime! You sure do try to cherry pick and twist stuff but you're never going to get away with that from me. Valiant effort though!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not a negative thing but it' also not a positive thing by default. You are trying to to turn something that's UNKNOWN into something by ASSumption. BAD MOVE!

Studying the playbook IS a positive thing... by default.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not a negative thing but it' also not a positive thing by default. You are trying to to turn something that's UNKNOWN into something by ASSumption. BAD MOVE!

In your opinion I'm sure it is. Keep preaching that opinion brother. Don't mind no one is listening. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccoy is supporting his teammate. Nothing wrong with that.And glennon can be a starter in the nfl, but with the way he played last season, he would never crack the top ten offense within the league.Second half has got to be corrected, or he's as good as gone

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In your opinion I'm sure it is. Keep preaching that opinion brother. Don't mind no one is listening. :)

Well, if they want a QB that has no idea what he's doing on the field... they can't be helped.  Sorta like you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gruden is up at 3:17 studying....and i don't want him under center either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccoy is supporting his teammate. Nothing wrong with that.And glennon can be a starter in the nfl, but with the way he played last season, he would never crack the top ten offense within the league.Second half has got to be corrected, or he's as good as gone

First year, system and talent.  He will improve or he will be gone.  I read nothing but positives from that quote.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gruden is up at 3:17 studying....and i don't want him under center either.

I can't remember the last time Gruden was Glennon, tho'...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s great that he’s studying the playbook. While he’s at it, I hope he’s working on his decision making, working on his issues with “phantom pressure”, bulking up a little bit, etc.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Let’s review. That refers to proving he can apply the book knowledge to the field.”Ah, I see. Pray tell, wouldn't the demonstration of book knowledge on the field necessitate having some book knowledge to begin with? Yet, according to you, the player should first demonstrate the ability to transfer knowledge they don't have and then go back and gain that knowledge. That's quite the system. Have you ever thought about a career in coaching?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Let's review. That refers to proving he can apply the book knowledge to the field."Ah, I see. Pray tell, wouldn't the demonstration of book knowledge on the field necessitate having some book knowledge to begin with? Yet, according to you, the player should first demonstrate the ability to transfer knowledge they don't have and then go back and gain that knowledge. That's quite the system. Have you ever thought about a career in coaching?

Let me guess this is his first time in his life ever getting book knowledge so he's stupid as a rock? He has to posses a degree of that to make it to the pro's. Applying it is another story. The old chicken or the egg discussion. I'm sure you'll win it so keep going. Yeahaw! You and DJ need to get a room. :p

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Mayhem:  "My uncle is a crackhead and my grandpa is a drunkard"So who told you that learning was a bad thing, the drunkard or the crackhead?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mayhem:  "My uncle is a crackhead and my grandpa is a drunkard"So who told you that learning was a bad thing, the drunkard or the crackhead?

Awwww you couldn't debate the merits so you want to try to attack me another way? I haven't seen or talked to either in over 40 years. We moved over 2,000 miles to get away from them. Good try though! Keep trying it amusing the **CENSORED** out of me. *good doggie*

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Lol. There are no merits to your position to discuss. Your position is idiotic. It basically consists of “I don’t like Glennon, so I don’t want to see him learning and getting better, even if that hurts the team.” Said position is devoid of merit, and only suitable for adoption by an ignorant buttnugget.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

on McCoy:PewterReport.com ?@PewterReport  · 39m  Frazier said working with McCoy in practice has been impressive. Sets a great example for the other players.on Glennon, sort of:PewterReport.com ?@PewterReport  · 20m  Tedford said very impressed with McCown and the overall accuracy of all the QBs. Upwards of 80% completion rate in these practices

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. There are no merits to your position to discuss. Your position is idiotic. It basically consists of "I don't like Glennon, so I don't want to see him learning and getting better, even if that hurts the team." Said position is devoid of merit, and only suitable for adoption by an ignorant buttnugget.

Poor guy I feel the butthurt. Let it flow my friend. Giggggittttyyy!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

on McCoy:PewterReport.com ?@PewterReport  · 39m  Frazier said working with McCoy in practice has been impressive. Sets a great example for the other players.on Glennon, sort of:PewterReport.com ?@PewterReport  · 20m  Tedford said very impressed with McCown and the overall accuracy of all the QBs. Upwards of 80% completion rate in these practices

Sounds more and more like this is McCown's job to lose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Awesome. We already know glennon has a good work ethic and studies the game. Now let’s see him crack the starting lineup and show he can do something with that knowledge.  Lots of guys are dedicated to the game and become nothing. Glennons dedication must translate to the field. So far his play has been spotty at best.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Awesome. We already know glennon has a good work ethic and studies the game. Now let's see him crack the starting lineup and show he can do something with that knowledge.  Lots of guys are dedicated to the game and become nothing. Glennons dedication must translate to the field. So far his play has been spotty at best.

+1

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Now that I would not disagree with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds more and more like this is McCown's job to lose.

sure does, let best man win

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now that I would not disagree with.

Sure you would. You must just not see an easy way to derive any sick pleasure out of people by doing that.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Get ya some butthurt ointment, son, and stop saying idiotic things like its bad for our QB to learn.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get ya some butthurt ointment, son, and stop saying idiotic things like its bad for our QB to learn.

Please quote where I said that. I'll wait again.......Damn I love kicking your ass. I'm riding that thing like white on rice today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please quote where I said that. I'll wait again.......Damn I love kicking your ass. I'm riding that thing like white on rice today.

You think rolling around in what you stepped in... is kicking ass?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First year, system and talent.  He will improve or he will be gone.  I read nothing but positives from that quote.

That's it with you Glennon haters. You can't see the gray. What Glennon did last year with a bad team, a bad coach, no mentor and as a rookie with an aging VJax and converted TE was simply amazing. That being said, him playing the same way this year isn't going to cut it. What he did last year earned him another shot. What he does this year will be what earns him the right to continue to play QB for the Bucs. No one is talking pro bowl or HOF or crowning him anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You think rolling around in what you stepped in... is kicking ass?

I'm sorry did I step into your domain? I'll back off.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Studying is bad!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Studying is bad!

I'm still waiting.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Studying is bad!

I'm still waiting rolling....

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Is ‘bated breath too much to ask?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Studying is bad!

I'm still waiting rolling....

Whatever works for you as long as you entertain me like you are. Good boy you get a treat! Yay Rover!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is 'bated breath too much to ask?

You can ask for anything you want once you post a quote that actually says what you think it does. Don't mind me using you like a yo-yo for my amusement while I wait.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I wonder if anyone’s ever moved two thousand miles to get away from a pot smoker?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if anyone's ever moved two thousand miles to get away from a pot smoker?

How's the fishing? You keep baiting the hook but no one bites. I guess this is how you become a master baiter? I think I seen you on Top Hooker. If that wasn't you then you need to apply. They'd love to have you on that show.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's it with you Glennon haters. You can't see the gray. What Glennon did last year with a bad team, a bad coach, no mentor and as a rookie with an aging VJax and converted TE was simply amazing. That being said, him playing the same way this year isn't going to cut it. What he did last year earned him another shot. What he does this year will be what earns him the right to continue to play QB for the Bucs. No one is talking pro bowl or HOF or crowning him anything.

Funny coming from a guy who was all "doom and gloom" a month ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no idea what Glennon can or can’t be. I do know that I can’t judge his talent until I see him play in a real NFL system with real coaching and quality playcalling

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no idea what Glennon can or can't be. I do know that I can't judge his talent until I see him play in a real NFL system with real coaching and quality playcalling

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no idea what Glennon can or can't be. I do know that I can't judge his talent until I see him play in a real NFL system with real coaching and quality playcalling

Then I guess we should re-sign Josh Johnson too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was simply amazed the Bucs didn't have the #33 offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

man Glennon has part of  ONE season in the NFL, spent on a pitiful team with a fired coach, Schiano,  . ..  and that compares to Johnson with, what, 6 season in the NFL ? With, what, 5 or 6 different NFL coaching staffs, 5 or 6 different NFL systems?I mean at some point the Glennon stuff is over the top, isn't it?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

He mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

harbaugh and (jay) gruden have both cut him since then

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean at some point the Glennon stuff is over the top, isn't it?

some of us have seen enough to form an opinion while others keep tossing out qualifiers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of us cry about the team never developing a QB, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon becomes the guy we Buc fans have longed for, i'll be the first to eat crow. I don't see it happening though. And the fact that he was demoted without even being given a shot at the starting gig kinda validates my opinion of him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon becomes the guy we Buc fans have longed for, i'll be the first to eat crow. I don't see it happening though. And the fact that he was demoted without even being given a shot at the starting gig kinda validates my opinion of him.

Let me ask you... Have you ever said that it takes at least 3 years to judge a draft pick?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean at some point the Glennon stuff is over the top, isn't it?

some of us have seen enough to form an opinion while others keep tossing out qualifiers

I meant the argument made to support those views, like comparing the available data on Glennon to the available data on JJ. I guess that is the other side of the Glennon coin to ignoring that McCown is clearly the starter. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me ask you... Have you ever said that it takes at least 3 years to judge a draft pick?

I've heard that, and in most cases would agree. However, there are times when something is so blatantly obvious that time is not needed. Gaines Adams would be another example. #RIP

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can answer obviously but just from reading the posts I think the one compelling argument made by those against Glennon relates to things that would not change, such as lack of mobility etc. In other words, for some (I think Hate is included?)  Glennon has unchangeable traits that make him not their type of QB? Not sure, but that's what comes through to me

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can answer obviously but just from reading the posts I think the one compelling argument made by those against Glennon relates to things that would not change, such as lack of mobility etc. In other words, for some (I think Hate is included?)  Glennon has unchangeable traits that make him not their type of QB? Not sure, but that's what comes through to me

You would be correct in that assessment. When you're a statue, you have to be a quick thinker and deadly accurate. I believe that Glennon lacks in both departments.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedfod thinks Glennon has the functional mobility to get out of the pocket and change the launch point of his throws.Red Board says different.  Hmmm...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedfod thinks Glennon has the functional mobility to get out of the pocket and change the launch point of his throws.Red Board says different.  Hmmm...

but I guess Tedford thinks that functional mobility is not enough to put him in front of a mcCown, right? I dont think the Red Board thinks different (the RB doesnt think anything unanimously, lol), I just think some see the "functional" qualifier as .  . well . .  a qualifier.I think the truth on Glennon is in between the two poles

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's the offseason. Every player can do everything. Tedford can blow as much sunshine as he wants when Glennon isn't on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedford thinks Glennon has the functional mobility to get out of the pocket and change the launch point of his throws.Red Board says different.  Hmmm...

It's the offseason. Every player can do everything. Tedford can blow as much sunshine as he wants when Glennon isn't on the field.

Funny, because that was what he said after his first look at last season's film... back in January.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedford thinks Glennon has the functional mobility to get out of the pocket and change the launch point of his throws.Red Board says different.  Hmmm...

Funny, because that was what he said after his first look at last season's film... back in January.

Glennon isn't in a wheelchair. He has a baseline level of the athletic ability to run most offenses. But when compared to most good NFL QBs, he has less than ideal mobility and clearly takes a lot of sacks because of that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon isn't in a wheelchair. He has a baseline level of the athletic ability to run most offenses. But when compared to most good NFL QBs, he has less than ideal mobility and clearly takes a lot of sacks because of that.

Would agree with all but the last part.  A lot of mobile QBs take sacks.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Just watch the highlight video . Glennon was constantly moving around in the pocket to complete passes because his protection sucked. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYK7vapUM4QFilm don't lie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. Who wouldve thought that by not drafting Manziel, Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, Manziel, Manziel, Manziel, that there would be this much lashing out at ANYTHING positive that is said about Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

man Glennon has part of  ONE season in the NFL, spent on a pitiful team with a fired coach, Schiano,  . ..  and that compares to Johnson with, what, 6 season in the NFL ? With, what, 5 or 6 different NFL coaching staffs, 5 or 6 different NFL systems?I mean at some point the Glennon stuff is over the top, isn't it?

Johnson started 4 games here for a coach that got fired for being inept.  I'm not sure how moving on from him is any different from moving on from Glennon.  Both showed enough to warrant an upgrade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol, wow .. okay

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

lol, wow .. okay

The blind hatred is amazing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just watch the highlight video . Glennon was constantly moving around in the pocket to complete passes because his protection sucked. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYK7vapUM4QFilm don't lie.

So true.  Anyone that thinks he's a statue, can't think quickly or has no mobility either hasn't seen him play or has some odd form of hatred related to something else.  Weird.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sacks taken by Bucs QBs2013: 47 (514 pass attempts)2012: 26 (566 pass attempts)2011: 32 (588 pass attempts)2010: 30 (494 pass attempts)2009: 33 (525 pass attempts)2008: 32 (562 pass attempts)2007: 36 (490 pass attempts)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sacks taken by Bucs QBs2013: 47 (514 pass attempts)2012: 26 (566 pass attempts)2011: 32 (588 pass attempts)2010: 30 (494 pass attempts)2009: 33 (525 pass attempts)2008: 32 (562 pass attempts)2007: 36 (490 pass attempts)

Olè!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cause?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cause?

A QB that struggles to read defenses pre-snap and is reluctant to throw downfield to guys that don't have significant separation

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Rob Johnson back?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The hate for Glennon is real.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Rob Johnson back?

I understand this is mostly a joke but no one is as bad as Rob Johnson. Glennon's one sack every 10.4 pass attempts is very reminiscent of Luke McCown's one per 9.6 pass attempts. It's pretty remarkable to look at the 2007 numbers and with the same offensive linemen, Garcia got sacked once every 17.2 pass attempts and McCown once every 9.3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The hate for Glennon is really stupid.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The hate for Glennon is really stupid.

+1

It is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was simply voicing a legitimate concern about what the new regime was doing. All you jock sniffers loved every move that was made, truth is those decisions remain to be seen if they were good ones. Smith could do no wrong to some people. He's earning some cushion from me as he made a big move to restore the offense he depleted with an all offensive draft.I wasn't doom and gloom before, I was and am concerned that many FA signings don't work out well. Look at our history in the last few years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Rob Johnson back?

I understand this is mostly a joke but no one is as bad as Rob Johnson. Glennon's one sack every 10.4 pass attempts is very reminiscent of Luke McCown's one per 9.6 pass attempts. It's pretty remarkable to look at the 2007 numbers and with the same offensive linemen, Garcia got sacked once every 17.2 pass attempts and McCown once every 9.3.

You're right no one is as bad as Robosack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think one of the most amazing things about looking at past Bucs sack numbers is just how good Byron Leftwich was. For his career he was sacked once every 17.4 pass attempts and in 2009 with the Bucs he was sacked a total of two times in 107 pass attempts. Some players with poor mobility are still able to avoid being sacked a bunch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think one of the most amazing things about looking at past Bucs sack numbers is just how good Byron Leftwich was. For his career he was sacked once every 17.4 pass attempts and in 2009 with the Bucs he was sacked a total of two times in 107 pass attempts. Some players with poor mobility are still able to avoid being sacked a bunch.

...and QB mobility isn't directly tied to sack count...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True, but combined with his extremely slow release, you'd think the number would be much higher. That's an interesting stat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually think I read an article once showing an inverse correlation, that the most mobile qbs tended to take the most sacks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cause?

A QB that struggles to read defenses pre-snap and is reluctant to throw downfield to guys that don't have significant separation

Is the reluctance by design? What about offense? Line play? Lack of mobility?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cause?

Outside of mobility I would say most of those things didn't change from 12 to 13, and yet sacks almost doubled

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cause?

Outside of mobility I would say most of those things didn't change from 12 to 13, and yet sacks almost doubled

Yet, the offensive linemen are mostly playing for other teams this year... well, maybe they were last year, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have a new coaching staff and a new OC for a reason. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cause?

Yet, the offensive linemen are mostly playing for other teams this year... well, maybe they were last year, too.

Most of the offensive linemen from the earlier years had similar exits. John Wade started 16 games in 2007 and 4 the rest of his career. He was so bad they gave Jeff Faine a $40 million contract. Faine started 51 games between 2008-2012 and 7 after that. Jeremy Trueblood started 71 games between 2007-2012, got benched twice, and is generally regarded as one of the worst offensive linemen in the NFL. Derek Hardman started 4 games in 2010 and hasn't played since. Keydrick Vincent started 5 games in 2010 and never played again. James Lee started 10 games between 2010-2011 and hasn't been in the NFL since. Jamon Meredith started 12 games in 2012. Ted Larsen started 27 games between 2010-2012. The Bucs offensive linemen have sucked for years and a few of us posters have been saying so all along and now people only start to realize once Glennon comes in. bucs-panthers.giforiginal.gifThis kind of stuff has been happening for years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cause?

Most of the offensive linemen from the earlier years had similar exits. John Wade started 16 games in 2007 and 4 the rest of his career. He was so bad they gave Jeff Faine a $40 million contract. Faine started 51 games between 2008-2012 and 7 after that. Jeremy Trueblood started 71 games between 2007-2012, got benched twice, and is generally regarded as one of the worst offensive linemen in the NFL. Derek Hardman started 4 games in 2010 and hasn't played since. Keydrick Vincent started 5 games in 2010 and never played again. James Lee started 10 games between 2010-2011 and hasn't been in the NFL since. Jamon Meredith started 12 games in 2012. Ted Larsen started 27 games between 2010-2012. The Bucs offensive linemen have sucked for years and a few of us posters have been saying so all along and now people only start to realize once Glennon comes in. bucs-panthers.giforiginal.gifThis kind of stuff has been happening for years.

+1.The line has been a makeshift for years now. 2012 was the only time I saw a half decent line.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FRG… How many times have 4 of the 5 starting o-line changed from one year to he next?The offense was supposed to be run first.  They couldn't run the ball.  They scored 6 rushing TDs.  That gets you a 4-12 record.  That's why those o-line starters are gone.  That's why they used a draft pick on a RB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FRG... How many times have 4 of the 5 starting o-line changed from one year to he next?The offense was supposed to be run first.  They couldn't run the ball.  They scored 6 rushing TDs.  That gets you a 4-12 record.  That's why those o-line starters are gone.  That's why they used a draft pick on a RB.

Yeah, this is the first time the offensive line has disappointed us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

News flash! A rookie QB wasn’t ready for an nfl pass rush with nfl blitzes and nfl schemes. On top of it, the rookie QB had questionable schemes to combat it.  So he struggled at times. Moreso in the second half when nfl d coordinators adjusted. All the above does not mean a 2nd year QB will not be better equipped to deal with the speed and schemes, and as a 3rd year guy...no, he will never be rg3, but that's not really the standard either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last year’s o-line was pretty on par for what we’ve had up there the past 5 or so years. Hell, probably even longer than that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FRG... How many times have 4 of the 5 starting o-line changed from one year to he next?The offense was supposed to be run first.  They couldn't run the ball.  They scored 6 rushing TDs.  That gets you a 4-12 record.  That's why those o-line starters are gone.  That's why they used a draft pick on a RB.

Yeah, this is the first time the offensive line has disappointed us.

Leading the league in offensive penalties didn't help, either....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

News flash! A rookie QB wasn't ready for an nfl pass rush with nfl blitzes and nfl schemes. On top of it, the rookie QB had questionable schemes to combat it.  So he struggled at times. Moreso in the second half when nfl d coordinators adjusted.

Maybe he'll get better. But there's a reason Glennon was a 3rd round pick, and it wasn't because he was too short and it wasn't because he didn't have a big enough arm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he'll get better. But there's a reason Glennon was a 3rd round pick, and it wasn't because he was too short and it wasn't because he didn't have a big enough arm.

what was the reason? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what was the reason?

WEAKNESSES His average foot quickness will cause him issues trying to avoid defenders in a collapsing pocket. Tends to retreat instead of stepping up to deliver in the face of pressure -- though his arm gives him a chance to get the ball out of bounds or find an open target while still backpedalling. And while he has the arm and tight spiral to threaten defenses with the deep ball, his inconsistent accuracy and reading of coverages keep him from being efficient in the vertical game.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/mike-glennon?id=2539275

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about if we reverse the process? There seems to be a lot of evidence that Glennon is a good, but limited QB.  What is the BEST evidence that he could be a GREAT QB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about if we reverse the process? There seems to be a lot of evidence that Glennon is a good, but limited QB.  What is the BEST evidence that he could be a GREAT QB?

I don't see any way he could be a GREAT QB. IMO his ceiling is Matt Schaub, who would still be the best QB in franchise history, but if you're not 100% of Matt Schaub and instead 85-90% of Matt Schaub, you're Kyle Orton, and a substandard starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty accurate report. I think if the game can slow down a bit for him (which most players acknowledge) then he could be a valuable QB, a great backup at the least.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was simply voicing a legitimate concern about what the new regime was doing. All you jock sniffers loved every move that was made, truth is those decisions remain to be seen if they were good ones. Smith could do no wrong to some people. He's earning some cushion from me as he made a big move to restore the offense he depleted with an all offensive draft.I wasn't doom and gloom before, I was and am concerned that many FA signings don't work out well. Look at our history in the last few years.

Thank God.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

News flash! A rookie QB wasn't ready for an nfl pass rush with nfl blitzes and nfl schemes. On top of it, the rookie QB had questionable schemes to combat it.  So he struggled at times. Moreso in the second half when nfl d coordinators adjusted. All the above does not mean a 2nd year QB will not be better equipped to deal with the speed and schemes, and as a 3rd year guy...no, he will never be rg3, but that's not really the standard either.

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GREAT isn't a requirement for me.  A lot of GREAT QBs have no bling, or very little of it.I just want to see how he does with a full compliment of weapons and an offensive system that isn't broke to begin with.

In my opinion, the right system should consist of a philosophy that features a dominant downhill running game complemented by a vertical passing attack. From a personnel standpoint, it will be important for the team that acquires Glennon to have a workhorse running back in place to facilitate an effective play-action passing game. If I had to point to a blueprint for success, I'd focus on the Atlanta Falcons' development of Matt Ryan. Thomas Dimitroff provided his franchise quarterback with multiple threats in the passing game and surrounded him with a solid offensive line. If a franchise is willing to do the same for Glennon, he could also emerge as a franchise quarterback capable of leading a team into the postseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon doesn’t have potential to be great then isn’t he exactly where he should be, competing for the starting job, but likely a backup to an experienced veteran who appears to be a better fit for the offense?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon doesn't have potential to be great then isn't he exactly where he should be, competing for the starting job, but likely a backup to an experienced veteran who appears to be a better fit for the offense?

These clowns can't even accept that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon doesn't have potential to be great then isn't he exactly where he should be, competing for the starting job, but likely a backup to an experienced veteran who appears to be a better fit for the offense?

Great is a term that isn't very definitive to me.  Therefore, potential to be great == meh...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These clowns can't even accept that.

lol, well that doesn't seem to make much sense.  The reason teams struggle through growing pains with a QB is because they believe the QB can be the "franchise" QB at some point in the future. If they don't believe that, or have doubts, then they develop the guy as a back-up, right? Everyone gets a chance to compete, but all thing being equally the young guy gives way to experience unless he has the potential to be great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great is a term that isn't very definitive to me.  Therefore, potential to be great == meh...

well, how about "franchise QB" . . . you know, "the man"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like how Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre for three years? (When #4 wasn't really all that "great")

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh yeah one more note on the sack thing I posted in another thread. NFL.com started keeping track of QB hits a few years ago. They credited the Bucs with giving up 75 QB hits, 13th fewest in the NFL. As we know, Bucs’ QBs were sacked 47 times, 7th most in the NFL, with Glennon taking 40 of them. That shows that when you get your hands on Glennon, he's going down. He can't make people miss nor break tackles at any discernible rate. The Bucs only had 28 QB hits that didn't result in sacks. Cleveland gave up the most QB hits with 121, but "only" 49 sacks. That means their QBs got hit 72 times without getting sacked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like how Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre for three years? (When #4 wasn't really all that "great")

your example involves a LEGEND . . .right? Essentially, the FACE of the Packers?  The norm, even more so today than in the past, is to take a hopeful "franchise QB" and put him out there, right? The only exception being when there is a LEGENDARY player in front (i.e., Brady, Manning,etc.).  So, if you think you have a potential franchise QB, you play him right? You take the growing pains because of what the future holds, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh yeah one more note on the sack thing I posted in another thread. NFL.com started keeping track of QB hits a few years ago. They credited the Bucs with giving up 75 QB hits, 13th fewest in the NFL. As we know, Bucs' QBs were sacked 47 times, 7th most in the NFL, with Glennon taking 40 of them. That shows that when you get your hands on Glennon, he's going down. He can't make people miss nor break tackles at any discernible rate. The Bucs only had 28 QB hits that didn't result in sacks. Cleveland gave up the most QB hits with 121, but "only" 49 sacks. That means their QBs got hit 72 times without getting sacked.

So what are you saying? Glennon doesn't break tackles while running for his life in a crappy scheme behind a terrible line while waiting for his one real receiving threat to get open? That bastard... even though he still managed to throw 19 TDs and 9 INTs he should be beaten and flogged in the street for not being a breaking tackles machine. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

your example involves a LEGEND . . .right? Essentially, the FACE of the Packers?  The norm, even more so today than in the past, is to take a hopeful "franchise QB" and put him out there, right? The only exception being when there is a LEGENDARY player in front (i.e., Brady, Manning,etc.).  So, if you think you have a potential franchise QB, you play him right? You take the growing pains because of what the future holds, right?

The LEGEND was throwing more picks than he was TDs while Rodgers sat for his first two years.  They went 4-12 and 8-8.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh yeah one more note on the sack thing I posted in another thread. NFL.com started keeping track of QB hits a few years ago. They credited the Bucs with giving up 75 QB hits, 13th fewest in the NFL. As we know, Bucs' QBs were sacked 47 times, 7th most in the NFL, with Glennon taking 40 of them. That shows that when you get your hands on Glennon, he's going down. He can't make people miss nor break tackles at any discernible rate. The Bucs only had 28 QB hits that didn't result in sacks. Cleveland gave up the most QB hits with 121, but "only" 49 sacks. That means their QBs got hit 72 times without getting sacked.

So what are you saying? Glennon doesn't break tackles while running for his life in a crappy scheme behind a terrible line while waiting for his one real receiving threat to get open? That bastard... even though he still managed to throw 19 TDs and 9 INTs he should be beaten and flogged in the street for not being a breaking tackles machine.

Well these numbers would show the line wasn't "terrible". But the bottom line is you can't be a good team if you need the other 10 players on offense to be perfect on every play. It's impossible. Your QB has to be able to make plays when things don't go right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hyperbole much?Taking too many sacks is a legit criticism on Glennon, as much you want to turn a blind eye to it.  I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing.  He needs to get better at getting rid of the ball and shedding arm tackles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well these numbers would show the line wasn't "terrible". But the bottom line is you can't be a good team if you need the other 10 players on offense to be perfect on every play. It's impossible. Your QB has to be able to make plays when things don't go right.

True but how about when after two unsurprising runs in to your center's ass the 4 of the 5 guys in front of you couldn't block a group of new born kittens? And your best TE is learning a new position? And your 2 thru whatever WRs suck?What then? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The LEGEND was throwing more picks than he was TDs while Rodgers sat for his first two years.  They went 4-12 and 8-8.

CJ, c'mon now . .  my point is not that Favre was good or bad, its that the example you picked is an obvious outlier . . . . teams ride LEGENDS past the end . . often long past, but that doesn't change the fact that TODAY the norm is to run with the young guy, if you think he is "the future."  Aaron Rodgers situation doesn't change that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True but how about when after two unsurprising runs in to your center's ass the 4 of the 5 guys in front of you couldn't block a group of new born kittens? And your best TE is learning a new position? And your 2 thru whatever WRs suck?What then?

The good QBs rise above.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The good QBs rise above.

I agree but... which rookie ones did it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The good QBs rise above.

That's what coaches get paid for. To decide which players who previously failed get to keep trying and which ones don't. The track records of QBs from the #2 offense isn't good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The good QBs rise above.

That's what coaches get paid for. To decide which players who previously failed get to keep trying and which ones don't. The track records of QBs from the #2 offense isn't good.

Ohhh it's the coaches now. I thought the good ones rise above. Which rookie good ones rose above?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The good QBs rise above.

Ohhh it's the coaches now. I thought the good ones rise above. Which rookie good ones rose above?

Well the coaches are the ones who immediately signed a new QB and paid him five times what Glennon is making and that QB is outperforming him in camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CJ, c'mon now . .  my point is not that Favre was good or bad, its that the example you picked is an obvious outlier . . . . teams ride LEGENDS past the end . . often long past, but that doesn't change the fact that TODAY the norm is to run with the young guy, if you think he is "the future."  Aaron Rodgers situation doesn't change that.

That's your assertion.  I think coaches tend to do what they think helps them win games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which rookie QBs rose above?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the QB we drafted in the 3rd round to be a development QB actually needs developing?  Mind blowing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the QB we drafted in the 3rd round to be a development QB actually needs developing?  Mind blowing.

Can't let that happen!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These clowns don't even want him to do that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ryan, Newton, RGIII, Luck, Wilson would be obvious examples. But don't take my point that all good QBs are good as rookies. Eli Manning was terrible. But he was terrible because he himself was terrible. Not because his coaches and teammates dragged him down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s already set all the rookie records that he can set… it’s over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think I've made any statements about Glennon not being able to be developed. I said he "could" one day be as good as Matt Schaub. I'm merely describing how he played in 2013, and despite how others want to characterize it, it wasn't good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ryan, Newton, RGIII, Luck, Wilson would be obvious examples. But don't take my point that all good QBs are good as rookies. Eli Manning was terrible. But he was terrible because he himself was terrible. Not because his coaches and teammates dragged him down.

Ryan went to a good situation in atlanta. Cam had a good offensive unit around him. RGIII had a stacked offensive unit too. Luck is Luck and still had good coaching with a cupcake schedule and Wilson went to a stacked team. Glennon had... Greg Schiano

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly we don't even know if he can be developed. Maybe he can but not by the Bucs like Steve Young. We just don't know anything except he didn't win the job last year when he was given the keys to the kingdom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ryan went to a good situation in atlanta. Cam had a good offensive unit around him. RGIII had a stacked offensive unit too. Luck is Luck and still had good coaching with a cupcake schedule and Wilson went to a stacked team. Glennon had... Greg Schiano

It's easy to say that now, but Ryan went to a team that went 3-13 the year before, gave up 47 sacks, and many observers thought it would take "years" to overcome the Mike Vick fiasco. Cam went to a 2-14 team. RGIII's team won 15 games the previous three seasons combined and has Bruce Allen as their GM. Luck is of course Luck. And Wilson's team is only stacked on defense, not offense. He's really good in his own right. It's not a knock on Glennon. There are roughly 80 or so QBs in the NFL and only 15-16 of them are any good. It's really really really hard to be a good QB. Lots try, few succeed. But maybe there's a reason Glennon didn't go to a "better" situation. The good coaches didn't want him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, our coaches call him their future…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, our coaches call him their future...

What specifically did they say he would become in the future? How far from now did they say this is exactly? They tossed out a touchy feel good comment which binds them to nothing. If they were offered a 1st round pick for Glennon tomorrow he'd be gone. In that example he was the future until he wasn't the future. People read too much into stuff that really means nothing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was saying McCown gets the first reps the same as naming him “starter”?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was saying McCown gets the first reps the same as naming him "starter"?

While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly we don't even know if he can be developed. Maybe he can but not by the Bucs like Steve Young. We just don't know anything except he didn't win the job last year when he was given the keys to the kingdom.

we don’t know if rg3 can be developed or if hes washed out already. We don’t know much about the future.we do know he took the job from a 5 year vet last year. We also know the new coach brought in a new coordinator and statistically the best QB of 2013.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's your assertion.  I think coaches tend to do what they think helps them win games.

lol okay

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't let that happen!

how is that not happening? did we cut the guy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not a huge fan of either qb, but I will be if they surprise.The absolute best outcome would be if glennon goes beastmode, but I'll still be happy if we do well for a couple of seasons with mccown at qb.I don't like how mccown only excelled for a short while at the bears (even if it was fantastic), and there are correctable issues with glennon that need to be shored up.But the guys out there catching the ball should make the biggest difference here. Huge bodies, good rbs, matchup nightmare abound, and for once..we have a bit of speed too.We were 32nd on offense..we have nowhere to go, but up. Good days ahead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't let that happen!

how is that not happening? did we cut the guy?

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thinking about that kind of stuff makes my head hurt. It's just easier to say "Glennon sucks" and move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thinking about that kind of stuff makes my head hurt. It's just easier to say "Glennon sucks" and move on.

What's wrong with beating around the bush?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gil Arcia on Twitter posted a few good things about Glennon, showing pictures of Glennon with a shorter release which is something Tedford is huge on…maybe after OTA’s the team saw Glennon can adapt to the QB they want to run this offense in the future, I am not completely sold on Glennon but I will admit the kid was thrown into a complete joke of an offense last year. They passed up on multiple qb’s so that does say something on how the organization feels.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The good QBs rise above.

Nice try!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i prefer dislike

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i prefer dislike

I prefer, "wanting better".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i prefer dislike

I prefer, "let the guy develop"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i prefer dislike

Me too, from the bench.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i prefer dislike

Me too, from the bench.

No problem there. That's the situation we have now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

Wonder if you'd be quoting PR if they said some good things about Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He would never do that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk if I would listen to PR about talent.Sure, general info is good, best around(respect), but their take on who shines and who doesn't, seems picked out of a hat sometimes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennonites are mad tonight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For me, when watching Glennon, I feel like he lacks that killer instinct that guys like Kap and Wilson have. He just doesn’t feel like a dude who goes for the jugular.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For me, when watching Glennon, I feel like he lacks that killer instinct that guys like Kap and Wilson have. He just doesn't feel like a dude who goes for the jugular.

not even close

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I only care about reality. If PR said good things about Glennon that were based in reality, I wouldn't argue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon can move a pocket in a designed play, but his escapeability if you can even call it that, is virtually not there. He hasn’t handled late game pressure well. His deep ball in the nfl so far leaves a lot to be desired. He also didn’t go through reads well as the season went on. That said, he does have good short to intermediate accuracy. He’s a project and it’s hard saying if he will turn out to be good. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility because he has a good work ethic. I’m also not going to say its likely he corrects everything. He’ll have his chances but don’t get all butt hurt when people don’t see him as a franchise qb because he’s got a ways to go. Those thing aren’t entirely on poor coaching or scheme.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I only care about reality. If PR said good things about Glennon that were based in reality, I wouldn't argue.

PR IS saying good things about Glennon , so why are you arguing ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For me, when watching Glennon, I feel like he lacks that killer instinct that guys like Kap and Wilson have. He just doesn't feel like a dude who goes for the jugular.

not even close

Hate positions Glennon as some robotic idiot incapable of learning anything new.  He's tall enough to play QB in the NFL - so that's not the issue.  His arm is strong enough to play QB in the NFL - so that's not the issue.  He's shown that he is accurate enough to play in the NFL - so that's not the issue. He's intelligent and works super hard to improve - so that's not the issue.    If last year was his third of fourth year in the league I would have concerns but to think he's reached his ceiling and can't learn different styles of play is really small minded and speaks to something other than "I dont like his game".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even close

Hate positions Glennon as some robotic idiot incapable of learning anything new.  He's tall enough to play QB in the NFL - so that's not the issue.  His arm is strong enough to play QB in the NFL - so that's not the issue.  He's shown that he is accurate enough to play in the NFL - so that's not the issue. He's intelligent and works super hard to improve - so that's not the issue.    If last year was his third of fourth year in the league I would have concerns but to think he's reached his ceiling and can't learn different styles of play is really small minded and speaks to something other than "I dont like his game".

trying to understand your point. Glennon is on the team and getting his shot, so are you saying he should be the starter?  I mean, if you are right about him he will be, right? Its a sport, he gets to prove himself on the field, so what difference does it make if some other posters don't believe in the guy right now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even close

trying to understand your point. Glennon is on the team and getting his shot, so are you saying he should be the starter?  I mean, if you are right about him he will be, right? Its a sport, he gets to prove himself on the field, so what difference does it make if some other posters don't believe in the guy right now?

It makes for a d-bag fanbase.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I think it goes beyond simply not believing in him. They are unwilling to even give him a chance , and go out of their way to ridicule him.This is what bugs the more reasonable posters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it goes beyond simply not believing in him. They are unwilling to even give him a SECOND chance , and go out of their way to ridicule him.This is what bugs the more reasonable posters.

I fixed it for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it goes beyond simply not believing in him. They are unwilling to even give him a SECOND chance , and go out of their way to ridicule him.This is what bugs the more reasonable posters.

I fixed it for you.

Exactly. Glennon is getting a second chance. It's just that a career backup journeyman is smoking him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pre-season will answer who is smoking who. I’m hearing that Glennon is taking a slight edge in the coaching discussions. We’ll see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pre-season will answer who is smoking who. I'm hearing that Glennon is taking a slight edge in the coaching discussions. We'll see.

I'm sure he'll make a fine coach one day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon can move a pocket in a designed play, but his escapeability if you can even call it that, is virtually not there. He hasn't handled late game pressure well. His deep ball in the nfl so far leaves a lot to be desired. He also didn't go through reads well as the season went on. That said, he does have good short to intermediate accuracy. He's a project and it's hard saying if he will turn out to be good. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility because he has a good work ethic. I'm also not going to say its likely he corrects everything. He'll have his chances but don't get all butt hurt when people don't see him as a franchise qb because he's got a ways to go. Those thing aren't entirely on poor coaching or scheme.

In no way is this a comparison between the two, but did Favre do everything correctly? Green Bay, until Favre played for MN, loved the guy, but everyone knows that he was a gambler and lost just as many contests as he won with his throw a bullet into coverage and hope he sticks it into his receiver, but whoops another int just happened.  Would we have loved to have "GB era Favre" in TB over the likes of Simms, Griese, Rattay, Gradkowski, Garcia, Freeman?All I'm saying here is, no qb is great at everything, but if Glennon improves in some areas, we might just have a top 15 qb, and I'd take him, or any top 15 qb, and some of his perceived bad things over struggling with another 15 years + of King/Simms/Grad/Griese/Freeman while looking for the next P Manning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I fixed it for you.

Exactly. Glennon is getting a second chance. It's just that a career backup journeyman is smoking him.

You mean Lovie Smith's comfort zone, instead of handing a set of keys over to a 2nd year qb, and gambling his job on that 2nd year qb. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Lovie wants to see what Glennon has, but is making damn sure that his backside is protected by bringing in a guy he knows personally. Lovie is smart to do this, that way he can see if Glennon has the tools, or if they need to bring in McCown's replacement in a year or two who isn't named Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I fixed it for you.

You mean Lovie Smith's comfort zone, instead of handing a set of keys over to a 2nd year qb, and gambling his job on that 2nd year qb. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Lovie wants to see what Glennon has, but is making damn sure that his backside is protected by bringing in a guy he knows personally. Lovie is smart to do this, that way he can see if Glennon has the tools, or if they need to bring in McCown's replacement in a year or two who isn't named Glennon.

Not to mention Glennon is cheap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I fixed it for you.

Yes, Lovie was not comfortable with Glennon so he brought in someone who was better than him last year and is better than him right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie wasn’t comfortable with Glennon, I think there would have been a draft pick of a qb or a better free agent then a camp arm named KafkaLovie had no hesitation with jettisoning players he didn't want or didn't fit what he wants to do. The fact that Glennon is still here speaks volumes. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie wasn't comfortable with Glennon, I think there would have been a draft pick of a qb or a better free agent then a camp arm named KafkaLovie had no hesitation with jettisoning players he didn't want or didn't fit what he wants to do. The fact that Glennon is still here speaks volumes.

Yes, Akeem Spence is still here, too, but we're probably not going to be seeing much of him. The plan is for McCown to play 3-4 years. There's no reason to spend another draft pick on a backup QB when we just used one on Glennon. We didn't draft a new backup nose tackle, either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie wasn't comfortable with Glennon, I think there would have been a draft pick of a qb or a better free agent then a camp arm named KafkaLovie had no hesitation with jettisoning players he didn't want or didn't fit what he wants to do. The fact that Glennon is still here speaks volumes.

Yes, Akeem Spence is still here, too, but we're probably not going to be seeing much of him. The plan is for McCown to play 3-4 years. There's no reason to spend another draft pick on a backup QB when we just used one on Glennon. We didn't draft a new backup nose tackle, either.

No - the plan is to trade Glennon and use the 7th pick in the 2014 draft  on the QB of the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No - the plan is to trade Glennon and use the 7th pick in the 2014 draft  on the QB of the future.

Obviously that plan upset a lot of experts on the board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even close

That's great logic there. Hand the keys to someone who hasn't earned it yet, or else....

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Common sense , but FRG mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but with Glennon, Lovie has a very cheap and solid backup QB if McCown goes down or completely sh*ts the bed. He won't lose you many games, but he won't win you many either.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Yeah, but with Glennon, Lovie has a very cheap and solid backup QB if McCown goes down or completely sh*ts the bed. He won't lose you many games, but he won't win you many either.

That remains to be seen . Give a rook a chance. He did better than most when thrown to the wolves. He holds a couple rookie TD records to prove it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That remains to be seen . Give a rook a chance. He did better than most when thrown to the wolves. He holds a couple rookie TD records to prove it.

He's not a rook and he's been given a chance. He's been given a second chance by being put in the position to beat out McCown (who supposedly looks like the superior QB at this point after OTA's). I hope he succeeds. I hope he proves everyone wrong. I'm just not betting on it. It's the Glennonites (specifically Mike's 2 little sisters, Calico and Bass) who think he should be handed the starting job. Why? Go out and earn it. You beat out McCown, then the keys to the kingdom are all yours. And hopefully the franchise will be all the better for it.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I take a different view of it . I want McCown to start this year . I think holding a clipboard and hitting the weight room/film room hard for another year will do wonders for Mike.I think Lovie and Tedford agree with me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I take a different view of it . I want McCown to start this year . I think holding a clipboard and hitting the weight room/film room hard for another year will do wonders for Mike.I think Lovie and Tedford agree with me.

Definitely. He looks skinnier this year. My 9-year-old could arm tackle him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude is looking a tad anorexic. Hope he didn’t catch freemanitus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude took a beating last season and held up just fine. What's the deal with him being skinny and hating him for it? This is why a lot of folks think that the haters on this board hold his looks against him. Truth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude took a beating last season and held up just fine. What's the deal with him being skinny and hating him for it? This is why a lot of folks think that the haters on this board hold his looks against him. Truth.

So, let me get this straight. Because I think he looks like he's lost weight, I'm a hater? Got it.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even close

to not be all gung ho about the back up QB? LOL....you're kidding right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fact that Glennon is still here speaks volumes.

yup.....either they like him or really didn't like the other options, but definitely one of the two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even close

Don't need to be gung ho about the QB of the Future... but "fans" should be supportive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even close

Don't need to be gung ho about the QB of the Future... but "fans" should be supportive.

i support the Bucs with my money, 20 + years running.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even close

I've heard from several fans that they quit doing that because of the d-bag fans...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol, if you dont support Glennon you’re a d-bag fan who drives away fans? huh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've heard from several fans that they quit doing that because of the d-bag fans...

most likely a fair-weathered bunch that thought it was the 'in' thing to do in the first place

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol, if you dont support Glennon you're a d-bag fan who drives away fans? huh

Fans have been d-bags long before Glennon arrived... Blackouts, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well then, I guess according to you not supporting Glennon adds you to the existing d-bag fanbase ... lol ... wow

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well then, I guess according to you not supporting Glennon adds you to the existing d-bag fanbase ... lol ... wow

Support your Bucs or don't... simple, really.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yep, and you're  the judge ... simple, really

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you do know its possible to support the team without agreeing with every move they make.....riiiiight??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you do know its possible to support the team without agreeing with every move they make.....riiiiight??

not possible - that makes you a d-bag

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also possible to disagree without constantly trashing them for it...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow! So this is what we’ve come to? Don’t support Glennon and you’re not a Buc’s fan and a dbag.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow! So this is what we've come to? Don't support Glennon and you're not a Buc's fan and a dbag.

I do enjoy the comedy during the off-season

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just remember the same d-bag isht going on back when Doug Williams caught way too much because of how he looked.  When he broke his jaw, he was soft… Then, he won a Super Bowl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow! So this is what we've come to? Don't support Glennon and you're not a Buc's fan and a dbag.

I do enjoy the comedy during the off-season

Pathetic if you ask me...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont get personality-driven fandom when its a team sport.  Some here are so focused on a player that you’d swear they would want the Bucs to lose rather than be wrong about their boy.  Weird

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn’t it, tho’…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont get personality-driven fandom when its a team sport.  Some here are so focused on a player that you'd swear they would want the Bucs to lose rather than be wrong about their boy.  Weird

Shh...Glennon's little sisters are still up!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@PewterReport:Veteran #Bucs player told me last week that QB @JoshMcCown12 came in and owned the offense from Day 1. Players responding to his leadership.Having confidence in your leader does wonders and THIS is why we'll win more games this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@PewterReport:Veteran #Bucs player told me last week that QB @JoshMcCown12 came in and owned the offense from Day 1. Players responding to his leadership.Having confidence in your leader does wonders and THIS is why we'll win more games this year.

You're a dbag.  :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even close

Can we reserve the childish "D-bag" fan base banter for groups that pelt players, sometimes their own, with batteries, dog bones or snowballs packed with rocks?  Or groups that taunt men over their dying son, or cheer for injuries? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we reserve the childish "D-bag" fan base banter for groups that pelt players, sometimes their own, with batteries, dog bones or snowballs packed with rocks?  Or groups that taunt men over their dying son, or cheer for injuries?

give him his moment......let him have his fun

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really, really hope you're right. We haven't had a true leader at the QB position since Garcia.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, let me get this straight. Because I think he looks like he's lost weight, I'm a hater? Got it.  ::)

We all know that's not what you said, nor was that your intent based on your claim that you're child could tackle him. His physique is just another in a long list of shortsighted opinions on his value as a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really, really hope you're right. We haven't had a true leader at the QB position since Garcia.

Hope you're right as well. Just wondering how quickly that confidence will fade if he doesn't have a hot start. Pretty stout defenses to start the year.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Because I think he looks like he’s lost weight, I’m a hater?”No, but saying idiotic crap like "my nine year old could arm tackle him" certainly indicates that your position is heavily biased by petty emotion.

Please wait…