Viewing 103 reply threads

• Author

• JoshMcCrownUs

Participant

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2010540-br-nfl-1000-top-50-defensive-tackles/page/51I know I know these type of accolades go beyond meaningless. Still it feels good to have one of the elite, if not the best, DT in the NFL once again. For those of us that grew up while Sapp was topping those same lists, this brings back a little of the nostalgia from the old days  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had seen this yesterday.Love that the guy is getting the attention he deserves and has earned.  The way this guys career started, he could have easily fallen away into bustville.  But he didn't let all the negativity break him mentally and he believed in himself and his ability.  He figured out what was playing a big role in the injuries that he sustained (back to back seasons) and he fixed it.Now? He's being talked about as the best DT, or at the very least top two to three, in the game today.  He also did it with little to no help from anyone else on the line.  I cannot wait to see what havoc he brings upon his opponents when he has some help on the line with him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those freak bicep injuries…just the oddest thing ever.Was that a result of his weak upper body when he first started out? (The guy is built on a foundation of a castle though...huge legs)  Who knows.  But I was about to write his azz off.  Would like to see him make it through 16 more to shed that injury bug curse he has had.I am glad to have eaten crow on this matter.  The guy, when upright and booted, is a stud.  My bad.  But I have apologized enough over this matter.  Beast!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those freak bicep injuries...just the oddest thing ever.Was that a result of his weak upper body when he first started out? (The guy is built on a foundation of a castle though...huge legs)  Who knows.  But I was about to write his azz off.  Would like to see him make it through 16 more to shed that injury bug curse he has had.I am glad to have eaten crow on this matter.  The guy, when upright and booted, is a stud.  My bad.  But I have apologized enough over this matter.  Beast!

He was born with a genetic defect in which his biceps weren't attached as well as with a normal person. It had nothing to do with conditioning.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Good for McCoy. Played like a beast this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t wait for Lovie to turn him loose! Stop the run on the way to the QB, just like the old days.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GMC baby! I would’ve drafted Suh if he was there but McCoy is a stud. Expecting big things from him this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those freak bicep injuries...just the oddest thing ever.Was that a result of his weak upper body when he first started out? (The guy is built on a foundation of a castle though...huge legs)  Who knows.  But I was about to write his azz off.  Would like to see him make it through 16 more to shed that injury bug curse he has had.I am glad to have eaten crow on this matter.  The guy, when upright and booted, is a stud.  My bad.  But I have apologized enough over this matter.  Beast!

He was born with a genetic defect in which his biceps weren't attached as well as with a normal person. It had nothing to do with conditioning.

Really?I never heard that.However, a long time ago I said some guys are predisposed to getting injured as a result of "faulty" genetics.  I got laughed at that for saying that as well.  Boid wins. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't wait for Lovie to turn him loose! Stop the run on the way to the QB, just like the old days.

Hell yeah!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are the signature plays of his career?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the ONLY guy that I can recall on the PR that was pushing for Geraldini was Bradentonian.Props to Brads.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did i miss Wilfork?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WOOT WOOT! GMC in the house!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did i miss Wilfork?

Noticed that too. Either they forgot him or left him out due to being injured most of the year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for confirming to us that you don't watch football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or does so with incredible bias for/against certain players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for confirming my point. You can't rattle them off like you could the plays of greats like Brooks, Sapp, Rice, Lynch, Barber. So instead you attempt to attack my football acumen. Geraldini is a fitting name because he disappears on 3rd down and in the 4th qtr with the lead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s pretty remarkable that you can still hate on McCoy at this point.  Seriously, it’s ok to miss on players from time to time.  Absolutely noone gets every evaluation perfect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for confirming my point. You can't rattle them off like you could the plays of greats like Brooks, Sapp, Rice, Lynch, Barber. So instead you attempt to attack my football acumen. Geraldini is a fitting name because he disappears on 3rd down and in the 4th qtr with the lead.

Here's his 2012 highlight video, including the batted pass against Brees for an interception, his sack-fumble on Romo, standing up AP at the line of scrimmage, and his fumble recovery against the Falcons that won the game. I guess you missed all of those games?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NXpZJlfoI0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL im sure there were many other idiot contrarians such as yourself saying the same thing back in the 90s when it was obvious the likes of Sapp and Brooks were special, they just hadnt had the opportunity yet to be in a situation (playoffs) where they could make those 'signature' plays. Now cue you gettting all worked up again, this time suggesting that McCoy is somehow at fault for this (no playoffs). I'm sure you'll be smiling and thinking youve poked some sort of hole in 'the other side's argument', which to the rest of us will be utterly hilarious because it only makes u look even sillier. Aaahh full-time contrarians can be so funny sometimes...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IIRC, McCoy, at some time after the second injury, was saying something about tight shoulder/back muscles that played a big role in the injuries.  He started getting massages regularly and working out/stretching those target areas.Something like that...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy’s “signature” plays will be more memorable when this team actually starts winning games and playing in memorable games.  He’s dominated the last 2 seasons but done so on a crappy team with a crappy coach.No one remembers any of Derrick Brooks' "signature" plays when the team was bad.  Just the ones in big wins or big games.  That's how it works.Hard to have a "signature" play in blowout losses or losses against bad teams.  No one remembers those.  For good reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BUC’s GONNA HUNT……THE  " D "  IS GOING TO BE SICK.......LOVED THE VIDEO.THE  " O "  has to be better, think we finished last, right?  Didn't deserve caps ,,,,,,Back to the day's of Physical top ten defense : Plus a new hopefully more up tempo Offense ???I've been ready for this over TEN YEARS.HAPPY HAPPY BUC's FAN HERE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're alone on that one man. You're most likely one of the people from the beginning of this season saying that McCoy was getting too much pressure and it was hurting the team.Give it a rest. You just sound bitter and ignorant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had seen this yesterday.Love that the guy is getting the attention he deserves and has earned.  The way this guys career started, he could have easily fallen away into bustville.  But he didn't let all the negativity break him mentally and he believed in himself and his ability.  He figured out what was playing a big role in the injuries that he sustained (back to back seasons) and he fixed it.Now? He's being talked about as the best DT, or at the very least top two to three, in the game today.  He also did it with little to no help from anyone else on the line.  I cannot wait to see what havoc he brings upon his opponents when he has some help on the line with him.

Absolutely praying we can say the same things about Bowers soonish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep...even MD's good picks were broken.  I'll never think MD was anything more than the definition of suckage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So because McCoy doesn’t have as many big plays in his fourth year as 4 players, two HOFs and two who played long careers, he is garbage? Also the teams he played on are a lot different then the ones you listed did. This just confirms JC is a delusional twit who still thinks Freeman is a really good QB and puts blame on everyone but Freeman to say why he sucks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m more than happy we have him in tampa.Hard worker, good character, and can play the game at a solid level.This was dom's best pick. Looking back, I was so ready for them to trade down, but I'm now very happy he "wasted a 3rd overall on a dt."I literally told dom, in person, that mccoy was done for after the injuries. Even chatted with him before pick saying, "don't do it." Burn on me I guess.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Imagine next year when McCoy and Donald are ranked #1 and #2!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be surprised to see it happen, but that would be such a scary tandem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be surprised to see it happen, but that would be such a scary tandem.

It would b totes cray cray.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy's "signature" plays will be more memorable when this team actually starts winning games and playing in memorable games.  He's dominated the last 2 seasons but done so on a crappy team with a crappy coach.No one remembers any of Derrick Brooks' "signature" plays when the team was bad.  Just the ones in big wins or big games.  That's how it works.Hard to have a "signature" play in blowout losses or losses against bad teams.  No one remembers those.  For good reason.

2012 and 2013 the Bucs had a lead or were tied in the 4th qtr 19 games. Many loses would have been wins if McCoy had made a clutch sack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy's "signature" plays will be more memorable when this team actually starts winning games and playing in memorable games.  He's dominated the last 2 seasons but done so on a crappy team with a crappy coach.No one remembers any of Derrick Brooks' "signature" plays when the team was bad.  Just the ones in big wins or big games.  That's how it works.Hard to have a "signature" play in blowout losses or losses against bad teams.  No one remembers those.  For good reason.

2012 and 2013 the Bucs had a lead or were tied in the 4th qtr 19 games. Many loses would have been wins if McCoy had made a clutch sack.

So McCoy is the culprit now... HahahaNot that sorry ass, pill popping, partying, lose weight to get slower, I only play good for 3 series a game if that, no accuracy having ass QB we had?And the coaching sucked.. But we already know that

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just when you thought JC5100 couldn’t get any more delusional…..Just, "wow".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So does that mean he is or isnt worth the $15M a year you expect him to get?  Also, and if those loses had been turned into wins we might still be saddled with a pill popping junkie loser of a QB and a napoleon complex, in over his head coach. Good riddance to both.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sacks the last two seasons: Gerald McCoy: 14.5 sacksJason Hatcher: 15 sacksJurrell Casey: 13.5 sacksKyle Williams: 15.5 sacksMarcell Dareus: 13 sacksGeno Atkins: 18.5 sacksNick Fairley: 11.5 sacksNdamukong Suh: 13.5 sacksMcCoy is on pace with every DT but one. Complaining about him not getting more sacks is unrealistic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sacks the last two seasons: Gerald McCoy: 14.5 sacksJason Hatcher: 15 sacksJurrell Casey: 13.5 sacksKyle Williams: 15.5 sacksMarcell Dareus: 13 sacksGeno Atkins: 18.5 sacksNick Fairley: 11.5 sacksNdamukong Suh: 13.5 sacksMcCoy is on pace with every DT but one. Complaining about him not getting more sacks is unrealistic.

But are they "clutch sacks"?  LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But... But... But...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All those players but Atkins play on bad to mediocre teams, so I guess none of them are clutch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t worry, I’m going to send a very strongly worded letter to Gerald. I will inform him that if he doesn’t start getting more clutch sacks, everyone on the Red Board will be very disappointed in him!.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will said communiqué be in the form of a sonnet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not very good with poetry, sadly. Would you like to give it a go instead?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The newest rankings came out this morning for the cornerbacks, and Alterraun Verner was 17th, which seemed way too low. Revis was second.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The newest rankings came out this morning for the cornerbacks, and Alterraun Verner was 17th, which seemed way too low. Revis was second.

That's not too hard to understand. He's only been in the league four years, wasn't a 1st round pick, and only broke out in the last year or two. A lot of people barely know who he is. Additionally, he's a zone corner and they are always underrated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All those players but Atkins play on bad to mediocre teams, so I guess none of them are clutch.

What a dumb stat.  Not sure I understand how the Lions D has been so bad with Fairly and Suh playing together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s funny that anyone cares about Bleacher Report rankings.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think that anyone really does.  We’re just using it as an excuse to rehash old arguments.  That’s what this board is all about, isn’t it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2012 there were 147 opponent drop backs when we had a 4th qtr lead. McCoy had 1 sack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL well now that you’ve brought up that amazing stat, we should obviously go ahead and cut him.How many pressures, batted passes, QB hits and Tackles for Loss did he have on those drop backs? How many blockers did he eat up so that other players had the chance to make a play?How many of those same stats did other players at his position generate during that same timeframe?Cherry picking a stat doesn't paint a whole picture.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2012 there were 147 opponent drop backs when we had a 4th qtr lead. McCoy had 1 sack.

Well this ranking was specifically for 2013.....not 2012. So maybe that confusion is what is making you sound so stupid?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t wait to watch Johnson, Donald, McCoy, and Clayborn destroy offense’s hopes and dreams this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't wait to watch Johnson, Donald, McCoy, and Clayborn destroy offense's hopes and dreams this season.

I really liked his interview today. Donald is going to be good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL well now that you've brought up that amazing stat, we should obviously go ahead and cut him.How many pressures, batted passes, QB hits and Tackles for Loss did he have on those drop backs? How many blockers did he eat up so that other players had the chance to make a play?How many of those same stats did other players at his position generate during that same timeframe?Cherry picking a stat doesn't paint a whole picture.

Not more than the amount of 4th qtr leads the defense has blown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha well that just proves it right there. What a wonderful response, thanks for posting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude must not think games start until the 4th quarter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sacks are such a rare event that I’d never judge a player by it. Pressures and QB harassment are the meat of what you should go with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with JC5100 . Quite frankly, I am tired of how everyone has crowned McCoy the king of everything when, honestly, he has not done anything noteworthy. In the 4 years before his drafting, our defense ranked an average of 14th. Since he has been here we have averaged 22nd defensively. He has consistently been one of the highest paid players in the league though. In big games, he does not show up. Last year, his best year to date, the vast majority of his sacks came against losing teams in games that did not matter. His only multi-sack game came against a devastated o-line in the Falcons late in the season when both teams had no hope for post season births. He did not fare well against the good teams like the Seahwaks, 49ers, Patriots, Saints, etc. Watching the all-22 McCoy gets pushed out of the play way too much for my liking and does not have that hustle I see in great players. He cannot bullrush and usually depends on the opponents to make a mistake. He is rarely in on tackles and seems to be out of position quite a bit. It confuses the hell out of me how PFF has him ranked in the top 5 players in the league. That is way over rated.And he does not get double teamed as much as people like to think. Neither does he get quarterback pressures like everyone claims. The excuses that people make for him are endless. From the double teams to the stunts to the lack of help on the edge to his injuries. When is enough enough and we not crown the guy until he actually does something? Can we stop depending on analysts and the media to tell us who is good and look for ourselves? Watch the all-22 and you will change your opinion of him being a dominant and disruptive force, I guarantee it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, he does get the pressures.  No, he isn’t routinely out of position.  This is like bagging on Joe Thomas for Cleveland’s offensive woes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with JC5100 .

I stopped reading here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, he does get the pressures.  No, he isn't routinely out of position.  This is like bagging on Joe Thomas for Cleveland's offensive woes.

2013 Game 1 vs Jets8:24 in the 1st. Mccoy gets thrown to the side by LG. runner runs in the gap where McCoy was lined up.4:00 in the 1st. Beautiful play by David to push the center out of the way. McCoy has a straight line to Smith. McCoy has 10 feet to build speed and clobber Smith. But he gets held up BY A RB!14:47 in the 2nd. McCoy gets his ass spun around and pushed to the ground.6:18 in the 2nd. McCoy gets pushed out of the way two separate times by two separate blockers!5:52 in the 2nd. Mccoy gets put on the ground. By one blocker.2:33 in the 2nd. McCoy falls down on his own.14:35 in the 3rd. McCoy watches the play unfold and stands there. the same exact play happens 10:24 in the 4th but Landri, instead of standing there like McCoy does in this play, runs and slams into the pile causing the runner to fumble the ball recovered by the Bucs.11:03 in the 3rd. Mccoy falls down on his own again.5:04 in the 3rd. mcCoy pushed out of position by one blocker4:29 in the 3rd. McCoy pushed out of position, by one blocker, and smith runs right up the middle where McCoy was supposed to be for a gain of 12 yards.3:51 in the 3rd. McCoy pushed out of position by one blocker11:20 in the 4th. McCoy pushed out of position9:03 in the 4th. McCoy pushed into pile by Jet3:25 in the 4th. McCoy misses runner who runs right past him.2:30 in the 4th. McCoy gets juked out by Smith and falls downThat is some analysis showing him out of position, being pushed around, and missing tackles. I counted 6 good plays by McCoy in this game and 15 bad plays. The rest were what I label ineffective, meaning they were neutral and had no bearing on the play. I have this analysis for every game. Would you like to learn more?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, he does get the pressures.  No, he isn't routinely out of position.  This is like bagging on Joe Thomas for Cleveland's offensive woes.

2013 Game 1 vs Jets8:24 in the 1st. Mccoy gets thrown to the side by LG. runner runs in the gap where McCoy was lined up.4:00 in the 1st. Beautiful play by David to push the center out of the way. McCoy has a straight line to Smith. McCoy has 10 feet to build speed and clobber Smith. But he gets held up BY A RB!14:47 in the 2nd. McCoy gets his ass spun around and pushed to the ground.6:18 in the 2nd. McCoy gets pushed out of the way two separate times by two separate blockers!5:52 in the 2nd. Mccoy gets put on the ground. By one blocker.2:33 in the 2nd. McCoy falls down on his own.14:35 in the 3rd. McCoy watches the play unfold and stands there. the same exact play happens 10:24 in the 4th but Landri, instead of standing there like McCoy does in this play, runs and slams into the pile causing the runner to fumble the ball recovered by the Bucs.11:03 in the 3rd. Mccoy falls down on his own again.5:04 in the 3rd. mcCoy pushed out of position by one blocker4:29 in the 3rd. McCoy pushed out of position, by one blocker, and smith runs right up the middle where McCoy was supposed to be for a gain of 12 yards.3:51 in the 3rd. McCoy pushed out of position by one blocker11:20 in the 4th. McCoy pushed out of position9:03 in the 4th. McCoy pushed into pile by Jet3:25 in the 4th. McCoy misses runner who runs right past him.2:30 in the 4th. McCoy gets juked out by Smith and falls downThat is some analysis showing him out of position, being pushed around, and missing tackles. I counted 6 good plays by McCoy in this game and 15 bad plays. The rest were what I label ineffective, meaning they were neutral and had no bearing on the play. I have this analysis for every game. Would you like to learn more?

December 28th, 2013 @ about 715pm - McCoy gets officially named to the Pro-Bowl.  Would you like to learn more?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

December 28th, 2013 @ about 715pm - McCoy gets officially named to the Pro-Bowl.  Would you like to learn more?

When being officially named to the Pro-Bowl helps the Buccaneers win games then I will give a shit about that. Next.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is that confirmed, or you suspect it?After the second injury, I was pretty sure it was that. The family, genetically, probably would've never shown the condition because they never had such strain as he has on his body.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When being officially named to the Pro-Bowl helps the Buccaneers win games then I will give a **CENSORED** about that. Next.

If you were right about your McCoy evaluation, he wouldn't have made the probowl 2 years running.  Keep trying sparky.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When being officially named to the Pro-Bowl helps the Buccaneers win games then I will give a **CENSORED** about that. Next.

lol I dont even have the time of day for someone who wants to keep arguing McCoy's worth. If at this point you don't get it, I'm pretty sure no amount of additional evidence or arguing will ever help you get it. So have fun hollering at the walls about McCoy being overrated, they make for great listeners and rarely if ever interrupt a rant no matter how nonsensical it may be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you were right about your McCoy evaluation, he wouldn't have made the probowl 2 years running.  Keep trying sparky.

And your only argument is that he made it to the probowl so therefore he must be awesome? You must be great at debates there, sparkles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol I dont even have the time of day for someone who wants to keep arguing McCoy's worth. If at this point you don't get it, I'm pretty sure no amount of additional evidence or arguing will ever help you get it. So have fun hollering at the walls about McCoy being overrated, they make for great listeners and rarely if ever interrupt a rant no matter how nonsensical it may be.

No, it is not time of day that you lack to support your argument but evidence. Because all you have is what other people have told you to say. By repeating that "I do not get it" are you saying that I am not easily manipulated by the media? Because I would agree with that. I do not blindly listen to all of the analysts, speculators, and talking heads who flap their gums non-stop on television. I rarely participate on these forums because they are bastions of ignorance. This is a perfect case in point: I bring credible evidence and arguments and in retort I am called names and told I am nonsensical. No counter evidence presented as expected. It is like children stamping their feet when they hear something they do not like. So I will go "hollering at walls" and you can continue to stamp your feet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This. He could sack-fumble a QB and return it for a touchdown in the Super Bowl and JC and stickinthemud would be complaining that he only had one signature play now. Brooks and Sapp had waaay more signature plays blah blah blah.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And your only argument is that he made it to the probowl so therefore he must be awesome? You must be great at debates there, sparkles.

Pro bowl bids are meaningless and no one gives a shiit about them except when someone gets snubbed, and thats pretty much solely thx to the media because 99% of the time they are desperate for anything to talk about.Ergo pro bowls have no bearing in this (non)discussion. Any other proxy arguments regarding McCoys worth that you would also like dismissed? I know I said I didn't have time anymore for McCoy detractors, but it just so happens I'm bored atm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This. He could sack-fumble a QB and return it for a touchdown in the Super Bowl and JC and stickinthemud would be complaining that he only had one signature play now. Brooks and Sapp had waaay more signature plays blah blah blah.

It is cowardice, ignorance, and name calling such as this that makes these forums such a disgrace. Dissenting opinions are treated with disrespect and gross abuse. Since Mr I LikeAlstottsNutsinmyGuts wants to pile on with his speculation as to what I would do if McCoy produced a sack-fumble on a Qb and returned it for a TD, I will respond with you have no fucking ideal what I would do because McCoy has never done it. So you have actually strengthened my argument. Good of you to point out how many fumble-sack-recoveries for touchdowns that McCoy has.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you want evidence go to one of the number of sites that have McCoy listed that high and read why. Then email the writers your thoughts and bring back what you find. Then go find out who all the AP All-Pro voters were and email them too. Your "evidence" consists of a subjective one game breakdown where you have no idea what plays are being called or what responsibilities McCoy had. I don't condone these types of sites generally, but these guys have watched all the games too and watched McCoy specifically and determined he was the 4th best player in the NFL. (Yeah that's without any signature plays...)https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/15/the-pff-101-no-4-gerald-mccoy/Since you're most likely stuck in your views about McCoy, I'll copy and paste this stat they highlighted that is not terribly subjective: Key Stat: His 80 total pressures was bettered by just four other players; three edge rushers and Watt. So yeah, "you don't get it".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, it is not time of day that you lack to support your argument but evidence. Because all you have is what other people have told you to say. By repeating that "I do not get it" are you saying that I am not easily manipulated by the media? Because I would agree with that. I do not blindly listen to all of the analysts, speculators, and talking heads who flap their gums non-stop on television. I rarely participate on these forums because they are bastions of ignorance. This is a perfect case in point: I bring credible evidence and arguments and in retort I am called names and told I am nonsensical. No counter evidence presented as expected. It is like children stamping their feet when they hear something they do not like. So I will go "hollering at walls" and you can continue to stamp your feet.

lol good job not getting "manipulated by the media". Too bad you manipulated yourself into a corner that is not even remotely based on reality. This board has rehashed a million times over the reasons why McCoy is a complete stud so feel free to reference those if at some point you feel like getting your facts straight. Fortunately for me thats not my job, its yours.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a good, if not great player who is on the Bucs. Let's spend a few hours trying to prove he sucks!No in-depth analysis of guys like Clayborn, Bowers, Ghoulston, Casillas, Banks, no I'm gonna spend a whole bunch of time finding the holes in our All-Pro player's games. Gotta love the Red Board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have pundits, coaches, front office personnel, and his peers that agree with me. You have JC. Youre more than welcome to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.  If you want to nit pick about why we lose games maybe you shouldn’t start with the all pro guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you want evidence go to one of the number of sites that have McCoy listed that high and read why. Then email the writers your thoughts and bring back what you find. Then go find out who all the AP All-Pro voters were and email them too. Your "evidence" consists of a subjective one game breakdown where you have no idea what plays are being called or what responsibilities McCoy had. I don't condone these types of sites generally, but these guys have watched all the games too and watched McCoy specifically and determined he was the 4th best player in the NFL. (Yeah that's without any signature plays...)https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/15/the-pff-101-no-4-gerald-mccoy/Since you're most likely stuck in your views about McCoy, I'll copy and paste this stat they highlighted that is not terribly subjective: Key Stat: His 80 total pressures was bettered by just four other players; three edge rushers and Watt. So yeah, "you don't get it".

Again, stop parroting other people. I do not care about what profootballfocus says. I do not care what rotoworld says. I do not care what the Saints fans say. I do not care what NFL AM says. Stats are meaningless without context. Sure Gerald McCoy might have had the most qb pressures (which is a completely subjective stat, btw. Of course your confirmation bias will not allow you to believe my subjective stats because you disagree with them but they will allow you to believe PFF's subjective stats because you agree with them) but in what games against what opponents? 15 qb pressures against Matt Ryan in week 15 is a completely useless number if both teams are out of the playoff hunt, playing second stringers, etc. Stop parroting what you are being told to say and go watch the tape yourself. Make up your own mind. You might be surprised what you find if you look for yourself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have pundits, coaches, front office personnel, and his peers that agree with me. You have JC. Youre more than welcome to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.  If you want to nit pick about why we lose games maybe you shouldn't start with the all pro guys.

I know the answer to this question but I am going to give you a chance to be honest here: have you ever watched the all-22 on McCoy? You have the opinions (and mostly likely opinions with an agenda) of other people but you should really make up your mind for yourself. It is how I turn religious people into atheists. All I have to do is get them to read the bible. You would be amazed at how many christians would burn you at the stake for being a heretic yet they have never cracked open the bible and read it. I feel like the same thing is happening with the buccaneers. It is like a religious ferver around McCoy (it might be even due to the fact that he is an evangelical crhistian with close ties to the 700 Club) where anyone that does not pray to him is burned as a heretic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, stop parroting other people. I do not care about what profootballfocus says. I do not care what rotoworld says. I do not care what the Saints fans say. I do not care what NFL AM says. Stats are meaningless without context. Sure Gerald McCoy might have had the most qb pressures (which is a completely subjective stat, btw. Of course your confirmation bias will not allow you to believe my subjective stats because you disagree with them but they will allow you to believe PFF's subjective stats because you agree with them) but in what games against what opponents? 15 qb pressures against Matt Ryan in week 15 is a completely useless number if both teams are out of the playoff hunt, playing second stringers, etc. Stop parroting what you are being told to say and go watch the tape yourself. Make up your own mind. You might be surprised what you find if you look for yourself.

There are dissenting opinions and then there are those that tell you the sky isn't blue; the latter of which are rightfully classified as bat-sh!t crazy. But, I'll endulge you.  If McCoy is overrated, then so is every single DT in this league, period. And if you keep making yourself believe that he is overrated, then expect to justifiably receive feedback, probably along the lines of you being insane or something of the sort.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn good, he is.  All I care about.  He is not an issue.  The lack of a coverage safety, a bonafide grop of defensive ends, and Mason Foster at MLB are all issues.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey found this pic, thought it was a spitting image of our brand new resident free-thinker!lalalala-listening.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are dissenting opinions and then there are those that tell you the sky isn't blue; the latter of which are rightfully classified as bat-sh!t crazy. But, I'll endulge you.  If McCoy is overrated, then so is every single DT in this league, period. And if you keep making yourself believe that he is overrated, then expect to justifiably receive feedback, probably along the lines of you being insane or something of the sort.

I believe you are more correct than you know. There is a dearth of good DTs in the league. And that is kind of a point I would like to address. McCoy, even if he is the best in the league at DT, is not anywhere near worth what he is being paid. If he is the best, it is only because everyone else sucks. Top of the bottom type thing. But everyone acts like Mccoy is the black jesus and without him our defense would fall apart. I would argue that we could plug any DT in the league in his place and we would not be much worse off. McCoy does not win us games. but he is the highest paid player on the team and he is on all of the shows as a representative. He is being crowned far and wide as the king. I would prefer that he earn that title. Win us some games that matter. Take us to the playoffs. At $10+ million a year he should be doing all of those things but he is not.It burns me to think that David is only getting paid 1/10th of what McCoy gets. Vjax, who is an absolute beast and is damn near our whole offensive production, earns about 1/3 of what McCoy makes. So Mccoy is making the big bucks, getting crowned as the best, going to the pro-bowl, but what has he done? Nothing from what I can see. Definitely nothing worth the accolades and praise he has gotten.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe you are more correct than you know. There is a dearth of good DTs in the league. And that is kind of a point I would like to address. McCoy, even if he is the best in the league at DT, is not anywhere near worth what he is being paid. If he is the best, it is only because everyone else sucks. Top of the bottom type thing. But everyone acts like Mccoy is the black jesus and without him our defense would fall apart. I would argue that we could plug any DT in the league in his place and we would not be much worse off. McCoy does not win us games. but he is the highest paid player on the team and he is on all of the shows as a representative. He is being crowned far and wide as the king. I would prefer that he earn that title. Win us some games that matter. Take us to the playoffs. At $10+ million a year he should be doing all of those things but he is not.It burns me to think that David is only getting paid 1/10th of what McCoy gets. Vjax, who is an absolute beast and is damn near our whole offensive production, earns about 1/3 of what McCoy makes. So Mccoy is making the big bucks, getting crowned as the best, going to the pro-bowl, but what has he done? Nothing from what I can see. Definitely nothing worth the accolades and praise he has gotten.

so much fail in this post lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so much fail in this post lol

Excellent excellent argument. I especially like how you used the common internet jargon to really drive you valid points home. Good analysis and debate. I bet you are the forgettable kid who stands behind the bully and taunts the victim at school.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vincent Jackson makes $11 million per season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey found this pic, thought it was a spitting image of our brand new resident free-thinker!lalalala-listening.jpg

Really breaking out the big guns on this one, eh? good use of brain power there, sparkles.Look! I can do that too...a39feab52c0ea3247454ddb67dfd0afd.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vincent Jackson makes $11 million per season.

True. I was looking at last years salary. But I still stand by my point  that he is much more valuable than McCoy and that Mccoy is over paid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But everyone acts like Mccoy is the black jesus and without him our defense would fall apart. I would argue that we could plug any DT in the league in his place and we would not be much worse off.

Ummmm, did you watch the 2011 season? McCoy played the first 6 games and we were 4-2 and our defense was playing pretty solid. After he went down, the defense went to shambles and we didn't win a game the rest of the season. And that was back when McCoy wasn't as good as he is now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And your only argument is that he made it to the probowl so therefore he must be awesome?

The 1st team All Pro selection is what makes him awesome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol people like mud are so funny. No need for the big guns or even the small guns for that matter because when your position on a subject is so far from reality, it really just suffices to simply roll your eyes and save the oxygen. You watched some all-22 on McCoy and came away with an opinion. Congrats. Forgive me if I put more stock into what I’ve seen with my own eyes as well as what knowledgeable people have to say about the subject. Now cue another comment about how we still haven't refuted your premise and how us sheeple lack the basic intelect/motivation to form our own opinion and are just repeating what the echo chamber says. Must be fun too always win in your head like that. And now back to reality...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good job, you did all that work on your own but came to the wrong conclusion. I watched every game (and btw the camera is usually on the line so you don't have to watch the All-22 film and you don't sound cool saying that you do) and know how often Gerald was around the ball without going to PFF or Rotoworld (which I said I don't condone, but wanted to bring up a stat that they highlighted).But, since you're giving everyone homework, here's some for you: Watch the film (the All-22 film if you'd like) of the best DTs in the game now and in the past and make a chart like you did for Gerald's game against the Jets. I'm guessing you never played football and haven't really ever watched film ("until NFL gave me All-22 that I watch all the time btw, have you??"), but do you expect him to make a play on every down? Did Warren Sapp make a signature play every snap?  But alas, you "don't care what profootballfocus says or what rotoworld says or what the Saints fans say or what NFL AM says" so you just obviously won't listen to anyone so I'll just let you watch this season with a foot in your mouth knowing that "Mr I LikeAlstottsNutsinmyGuts" was right and that your own All-22 eyes led you astray.AAAND I won't even address your comments on GMac's salary or that you could plug any DT into our lineup and it'd be the same because I would just embarrass you to the point that you quit the internet and I don't want to make you go through middle school without using a computer.BUT if you can get ahold of Lavonte, who you "can't believe only makes 1/10 of what Gerald makes boo", ask him what he thinks about Gerald. Ask him if he thinks he could make ALL those plays that you notice while you're watching your All-22 film without Gerald in front of him.Your homework is due tomorrow, first thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good job, you did all that work on your own but came to the wrong conclusion. I watched every game (and btw the camera is usually on the line so you don't have to watch the All-22 film and you don't sound cool saying that you do) and know how often Gerald was around the ball without going to PFF or Rotoworld (which I said I don't condone, but wanted to bring up a stat that they highlighted).But, since you're giving everyone homework, here's some for you: Watch the film (the All-22 film if you'd like) of the best DTs in the game now and in the past and make a chart like you did for Gerald's game against the Jets. I'm guessing you never played football and haven't really ever watched film ("until NFL gave me All-22 that I watch all the time btw, have you??"), but do you expect him to make a play on every down? Did Warren Sapp make a signature play every snap?  But alas, you "don't care what profootballfocus says or what rotoworld says or what the Saints fans say or what NFL AM says" so you just obviously won't listen to anyone so I'll just let you watch this season with a foot in your mouth knowing that "Mr I LikeAlstottsNutsinmyGuts" was right and that your own All-22 eyes led you astray.AAAND I won't even address your comments on GMac's salary or that you could plug any DT into our lineup and it'd be the same because I would just embarrass you to the point that you quit the internet and I don't want to make you go through middle school without using a computer.BUT if you can get ahold of Lavonte, who you "can't believe only makes 1/10 of what Gerald makes boo", ask him what he thinks about Gerald. Ask him if he thinks he could make ALL those plays that you notice while you're watching your All-22 film without Gerald in front of him.Your homework is due tomorrow, first thing.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have pundits, coaches, front office personnel, and his peers that agree with me. You have JC. Youre more than welcome to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.  If you want to nit pick about why we lose games maybe you shouldn't start with the all pro guys.

I know the answer to this question but I am going to give you a chance to be honest here: have you ever watched the all-22 on McCoy? You have the opinions (and mostly likely opinions with an agenda) of other people but you should really make up your mind for yourself. It is how I turn religious people into atheists. All I have to do is get them to read the bible. You would be amazed at how many christians would burn you at the stake for being a heretic yet they have never cracked open the bible and read it. I feel like the same thing is happening with the buccaneers. It is like a religious ferver around McCoy (it might be even due to the fact that he is an evangelical crhistian with close ties to the 700 Club) where anyone that does not pray to him is burned as a heretic.

And this pretty much sums up the type of person we're dealing with here. omg mud please stop, you're completely shattering my faith in McCoy and destroying my whole worldview along with it! lol at this guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow.. complete ownage..But yeah. Pressures are how I judge pass rushing linemen and McCoy is just a 3 steps away from elite

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And this pretty much sums up the type of person we're dealing with here. omg mud please stop, you're completely shattering my faith in McCoy and destroying my whole worldview along with it! lol at this guy.

Lol wow.. He said really said that.That dude is sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC writes for Bleacher Report?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will be honest, I have not watched him on the all-22 and not even sure if I have that ability.  You are more than welcome to your opinion even though I just happen to disagree.  I will say that I did play at a small college, was a grad assistant at same small school where my job was to cut up video, and then did a fair bit of high school coaching (with 1 NFL player under my belt, Justin Houston) before joining the corporate world.  I wont say my video skills are the best, but I am also of the opinion that more often than not the last two years, I saw McCoy disrupting play after play.  Did he get a ton of sacks, no.  It was very easy for the play/qb to bounce/roll outside once he penetrated up the middle since there was no outside presence.You are free to have your own opinion, but  I have my own with what I feel is ample experience to be able to at least agree that he is deserving of a top DT spot in the NFL even if you dont think he is #1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

mud, I’m curious what your endgame is. McCoy is overpaid, according to you, so our FO should demand he take a paycut? We should trade him away? Release him? What would make you happy?Let's get past your contention that he is overpaid and get to the real meat of your feelings. What solution do you propose?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obvious troll is obvious.  It just wants attention.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol wow.. He said really said that.That dude is sad.

Maybe if Gerald McCoy was an outspoken atheist, then this mud fellow would start a fan club. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he plays like he did last year he is the best player on our team. I did my fair share of bashing McCoy and it was well deserved but if you deny the beasting that went on last year you are a fool and not a real fan imo. I’m a jew and i hope jesus gives him strength to play like he did last year.lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure I understand how the Lions D has been so bad with Fairly and Suh playing together.

Because you believe in an outdated philosophy that DTs actually mean something in today's NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure I understand how the Lions D has been so bad with Fairly and Suh playing together.

Because you believe in an outdated philosophy that DTs actually mean something in today's NFL.

When you stop slurping Freeman, your opinion might carry some weight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

odd that the panthers seem to believe the same philosophy.  The rams have also invested multiple 1sts in DTs . Weird.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

odd that the panthers seem to believe the same philosophy.  The rams have also invested multiple 1sts in DTs . Weird.

Two teams with immense recent post-season success... not. Both teams were wrong. Panthers should have taken Hopkins or Patterson last year instead of Lotolelei and Rams are just going around in circles with their drafts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two teams with immense recent post-season success... not. Both teams were wrong. Panthers should have taken Hopkins or Patterson last year instead of Lotolelei and Rams are just going around in circles with their drafts.

Gold Jerry...pure gold.

Please wait…

Viewing 103 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.