Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question – Is there a QB in the league that wouldn’t benefit from the likes of Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, Rastafarian Jenkins and Charles Sims?  I keep reading really foolish reports that we are trying to replicate what McCown had in Chicago because he had such success there with tall receivers and the like.  Like McCown is unique in being able to benefit from tall receiving type weapons with really good hands.  Point being, outside of system type players (Chip Kelly comes to mind), what QB would be worse off with what we have now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question for the “Hate Glennon” crowd… Are you part of the annual “Tank for Teddy”-style movement?  Do you think it’s a catastrophic outcome if Glennon steps foot on the playing field this year?If so, wouldn't it somehow make sense to start the "Lose the quota for Mariota" to get that "franchise qb"... since Glennon is the future?

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

Like McCown is unique in being able to benefit from tall receiving type weapons with really good hands.

How is McCown any different from ANY other QB in that they ALL 'benefit from tall receiving type weapons with really good hands'...?

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

Question for the "Hate Glennon" crowd... Are you part of the annual "Tank for Teddy"-style movement?  Do you think it's a catastrophic outcome if Glennon steps foot on the playing field this year?If so, wouldn't it somehow make sense to start the "Lose the quota for Mariota" to get that "franchise qb"... since Glennon is the future?

Not me.  No way.  No how.  I can see Glennon's upside.  QB of the future...?  Not positive, but not out of the question IMO.McCown holds the reins for a year (or even two), and Glennon WILL get his chances. (Less than half the QBs make it through the season unscathed)  He either flashes signs of brilliance, and the affirmation that he IS worthy of the Bucs retaining him, or - you draft the next franchise QB next year./My2 cents

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like McCown is unique in being able to benefit from tall receiving type weapons with really good hands.

How is McCown any different from ANY other QB in that they ALL 'benefit from tall receiving type weapons with really good hands'...?

Yes.  Any QB ever would be better with what we have in theory.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agreed.  you look at the situation mccown had last year, with two 6'4+ WR's with good hands - and the success he had with that setupthen you look at the situation we're pluggin mccown into this year - and the brain wants to say "they're trying to replicate the success by giving him similar pieces"but the bottom line truth is exactly what you've highlighted - not a single QB in this league wouldn't benefit from "from tall receiving type weapons with really good hands".  point blank. its just easy espn story fodder, that's all.  so I 100% agreewould be interested to see, say two years down the road, what kind of success glennon could have with this situation too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well it’s not like teams are trying to avoid putting weapons that benefit any qb out there. If it were that easy every team would do it. Look at our offense last year. We had maybe two weapons on offense that could make plays on a somewhat consistent basis. Problem was we had other holes too and couldn’t get them all filled at one time. We needed to fill in the cb position because we were awful against the pass the year before. We were better last year. But only because we made effort trying to fill those holes. We made an extreme effort trying to fill the holes on offense and without any games played it looks like we’ve done a solid job but we still have to see it for ourselves.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

agreed.  you look at the situation mccown had last year, with two 6'4+ WR's with good hands - and the success he had with that setupthen you look at the situation we're pluggin mccown into this year - and the brain wants to say "they're trying to replicate the success by giving him similar pieces"but the bottom line truth is exactly what you've highlighted - not a single QB in this league wouldn't benefit from "from tall receiving type weapons with really good hands".  point blank. its just easy espn story fodder, that's all.  so I 100% agreewould be interested to see, say two years down the road, what kind of success glennon could have with this situation too

Agreed.  I think the more appropriate tag line is the Bucs Build Offense for a Solid Future.  No matter who our QB is in the future, these guys should be a huge aid in his success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think ANY QB would love to have receivers with good hands. Why would they want otherwise?     My su**CENSORED**ion is a QB who runs around more, that is, has more potential launching points for a pass, is better able to take advantage of smaller receivers who are on the move. The QB's movement destroys the DB's ability to cut off angles to smaller WRs, as the DB doesn't know where the pass will be launched from. McCown and Glennon are both basically pocket passers, although they can both roll out by design. A bigger target, I would think, would make a more consistantly open target, as he can go OVER most any DB. The trick is to find big, tall WRs who have good hands. We were lucky to get one, then add a TE with great hands too. Smaller WRs overall tend to have better hands...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really hope ASJ is as good as advertised.  I know Evan’s will be the real deal, at least I have no reason to think otherwise and we know what we have with Vjax.  Can’t wait for the pre-season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I look at ASJ as a bonus; we can bring him along as slowly as needed, mindful of his foot injury. Wright & Myers should make a good duo in their own right… If he keeps his weight down, given time, he has All-Pro potential written all over him…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I look at ASJ as a bonus; we can bring him along as slowly as needed, mindful of his foot injury. Wright & Myers should make a good duo in their own right... If he keeps his weight down, given time, he has All-Pro potential written all over him...

ya I'm actually really excited for wright this year - I'd love to see some sets with wright in the slot and ASJ playing the typical TE spot - a lot of potential for running and screens out of that set too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m more excited about Wright than i am about ASJ

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I look at ASJ as a bonus; we can bring him along as slowly as needed, mindful of his foot injury. Wright & Myers should make a good duo in their own right... If he keeps his weight down, given time, he has All-Pro potential written all over him...

ya I'm actually really excited for wright this year - I'd love to see some sets with wright in the slot and ASJ playing the typical TE spot - a lot of potential for running and screens out of that set too

Picture our 21 personnel with ASJ in-line, Timmy as the move TE, Martin or Sims in the backfield and Vjax/Evans on the outside. Sick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Timmy Wright is a chain moving machine. Baller.Really we didn't even need a TE , so whatever ASJ can give us is gravy.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

Picture our 21 personnel with ASJ in-line, Timmy as the move TE, Martin or Sims in the backfield and Vjax/Evans on the outside. Sick.

On paper...  (That's bigger than "a big IF")  I really believe we're going to field an offense that will wreak havoc on opposing defenses.  I don't mean "improved".  I mean improved exponentially!!!That's why I'm putting my money on us winning the NFCS.  THIS year...!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think some of the media talk about us building a Bears-like offense is warranted though. Lovie has gone as far as to say that Luke was in his ear a ton before the draft process about the types of players we should be targeting. (ie – big WRs  vs. smaller WRs)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think some of the media talk about us building a Bears-like offense is warranted though. Lovie has gone as far as to say that Luke was in his ear a ton before the draft process about the types of players we should be targeting. (ie - big WRs  vs. smaller WRs)

No offense, but if Lovie and Licht are listening to Josh, I think we have a real problem on our hands.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think some of the media talk about us building a Bears-like offense is warranted though. Lovie has gone as far as to say that Luke was in his ear a ton before the draft process about the types of players we should be targeting. (ie - big WRs  vs. smaller WRs)

Whatever Luke wants... I guess.  :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can you imagine Wright, Vjax, ASJ, Evans, Herron, Sims, Martin, Demps plus the second wave of backs, receivers and tight ends. Shot gun formation and 1.5 to 2.0 seconds to get the ball distributed, Yowsa

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.