Viewing 41 reply threads

• Author

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Who would like if we signed JPP instead of resigning Will? Imagine if we got both…

Please wait…

• BucsWin31

Participant

Both

/thread

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought he re-signed? Or is that something I heard?

Please wait…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Can’t have both… practically the same player..

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Can’t have both… practically the same player..

Huh? JPP is a very good if not great pass rusher but actually great vs the run as well. Gholston is elite at the run but pretty much average at best when it comes to edge rush.

On the 3rd down who do you want off the edge, Gholston or JPP? JPP by a mile, so how are they the same?

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I thought he re-signed? Or is that something I heard?

This past off season he only got a 1 year deal so he’s gonna hit free agency if Giants dont give him a long term deal.

Please wait…

• Swillyboy15

Participant

I’d like both but I read an article that said JPP has told people he has “proven” himself again. He will not take a 1 year deal (which is fine) and he’s looking for the kind of money the Giants gave him BEFORE his accident. I didn’t take the time to look up the numbers but I remember that deal was for a lot of money.

We’ll see what happens. It sounds like JPP is looking for a long term deal to play out, make tons of money, then retire.

The only way I could see the team being able to afford him is a 3 or 4 year deal thats heavily front loaded… we have too many core pieces that are gonna need BIG pay days here soon. Cant afford to loose them to rent a guy for a few years.

He is a South Florida guy so that may entice him some to come to Tampa…

And Gholston and JPP are not at all the same type of player. If they were, our pass rush would have looked much better last year. Not saying Gholston isn’t good (I hope Licht gives him a long term deal) but even with 7.5 fingers JPP is a near elite pass rusher while still bringing solid run support.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m hearing he isn’t going anywhere. We will see. I would love to see him in a Bucs uniform. Defense would have a shot to be top 5.

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

Both. But if I had to chose give me JPP.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Given a choice, yeah. Go JP-P.

But both makes a coaches job a hell

of a lot easier.

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

I think JPP will be much much more expensive.

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

On third and long, I’d love to have JPP on one side and Spence on the other

Please wait…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

JPP is a one man wrecking crew. Adding him to a line with McCoy, Spence, and Ayers would be a nightmare for opposing QBs.

I like Gholston a lot, but I would choose JPP over him.

Please wait…

• Naismith

Participant

JPP and Gholston would be an amazing offseason and would definitely give more draft flexibility.

Please wait…

• Garv

Participant

I’d rather have a guy with all of his fingers and a desire to play for the Buccaneers. Throwing huge CAP dollars at JPP is not a good idea IMO. Money could be better spent starting with our own. That might include getting Mike Evans done early? We’ll see.

Please wait…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I’d rather have a guy with all of his fingers and a desire to play for the Buccaneers. Throwing huge CAP dollars at JPP is not a good idea IMO. Money could be better spent starting with our own. That might include getting Mike Evans done early? We’ll see.

Did you watch JPP this year? He’s better with the 3 fingers on one hand than most DEs are with all five.

Please wait…

• acacius

Participant

I’d still love to hear how Gholston and JPP are even vaguely-sorta-kinda the same player, but JPP is going to get cuckoo-for-coco-puffs money.  If the choice is between Gholston at 5mil/year versus JPP at 15mil/per year, I’ll take the former.

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I dont think JPP would mail it in if he got a big contract here. Him coming back to Tampa and all…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does JPP want to play for Tampa? Probably not…

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

If he gets the contract he’s looking for then duh. why not?

Please wait…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

and you know this based on……

Please wait…

• BruceBucko

Participant

Nah, i’d go with Gholston.  He’s coming along nicely. he’s important.

Please wait…

• GoldsonAges

Participant

JPP played in 12 games. He was held without a sack in 8 of those games. 7 total sacks on the year including 3 vs Cleveland and 2.5 vs Chicago.

Take away the two games against sub-par competition and he is not looking too great.

Give me a young player in his prime that is a top notch LDE. Give me Gholston all day every day.

JPP has never been the same since the incident when he lost his finger. No thanks to JPP

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland has a decent offensive line. They have crappy skill position players.

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

JPP played in 12 games. He was held without a sack in 8 of those games. 7 total sacks on the year including 3 vs Cleveland and 2.5 vs Chicago. Take away the two games against sub-par competition and he is not looking too great. Give me a young player in his prime that is a top notch LDE. Give me Gholston all day every day. JPP has never been the same since the incident when he lost his finger. No thanks to JPP

Paul missed 4 games yet still ended up 14th in the league in defensive hurries, Khalil Mack was #13… Gholston didn’t even crack the top 200.

JPP was also 2nd in the league in batted passes with eight and lead all defensive linemen in snaps at the time of his injury.

Gholston is a good powerful DE but its pretty clear that JPP is the superior player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No more Goldson.

Please wait…

• Twelfth White

Participant

JPP is someone I would throw decent amounts of money at because he would be the missing outside piece with McCoy in the middle and the Spence rotation on the other side.

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Should have just fucking signed him last year as a FA like myself and others suggested…Instead Licht sat on his fucking hands a year and watched the inevitable 22 sack season roll by only to toss a freebie high 3rd to the Giants this year.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Oh, so he was worth two 1st round picks?

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Garv
      Jan 11, 17 at 11:01 am #984413

I’d rather have a guy with all of his fingers and a desire to play for the Buccaneers.

How’d that work out? I’d rather have the better player.

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

How was he worth 2 first round picks????? If I’m mistaken fine but where are you getting this from

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Wasn’t he tagged prior to the 2017 season?

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Yeah I def missed it, he was tagged I don’t even remember that happening, I just know he wasn’t gonna sign another 1 year deal, but they extended him after the tag. I just hate trading away picks, shit grinds my gears.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

Lesson learned from the Gholston deal. If they play DE and never shown anything in terms of rushing the passer, then you absolutely let them walk.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

J.A.S.H.E.R.
      Mar 22, 18 at 11:11 am #1070997
      Yeah I def missed it, he was tagged I don’t even remember that happening, I just know he wasn’t gonna sign another 1 year deal, but they extended him after the tag. I just hate trading away picks, shit grinds my gears</blockquote>

gotta open your mind. Draft picks are used to obtain players. players who have zero NFL experience and over half of which end up busts or lower than average starters. Trading a pick gets you an already established good player. The only down side to this is the shelf life but the trade off is so much better than retaining a 3rd round pick on an unexperienced prospect. Not to mention we dont even know what position they could have drafted in the third, Licht has thrown away a 2nd on a kicker, a 1st on a nickel corner, and a 3rd on a RB who cant run in-between the tackles.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Yeah, I have no problem trading draft picks for known quantities.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

why not both?

Please wait…

• Mic

Participant

Gholston definitely too stiff he’s a role player getting paid starter money

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Gholston’s contract is guaranteed, so unless you can find a trade partner he’ll be on the roster.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

He’s also a menace against the run which seems to be a theme.

Please wait…

• BucD

Participant

Watch Gholston absolutely thrive under Buckner and take his game to the next level under his tutelage.

We could all be proven to be dead ass wrong when it’s all said and done, but I get the feeling that Buckner will be the difference maker with this team next year. He’s got a lot of talent and potential to work with now and I cannot wait to see what he does with it.

Please wait…

• Charlie

Participant

I think the same could be said for the rest of the D Line really BucD. Buckner seems like the real deal.

Please wait…

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.