Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

per Adam Schefter

• RayJayinTBay

Participant

Love it! Great hands a decent blocker.

Can address other needs in the draft now too.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Personally recruited by arians & brady

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

According to NFL Network Brady and Arians personally recruited him. Interesting the Bucs didn’t go after James White though.

• Detrimental

Participant

Gio is a great receiver love the move

• Boid Fink

Participant

Good hands, good depth, limited tread left, upgrade over Shady for sure.

• Boid Fink

Participant

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

According to NFL Network Brady and Arians personally recruited him. Interesting the Bucs didn’t go after James White though.

This guy is an upgrade over James White. Perfect back for passing downs. Great pickup.

• Pennywise

Participant

Warren Sharp
      @SharpFootball
      Tom Brady’s RB target rate on early downs by year:

2017: 29% (#3)
      2018: 33% (#1)
      2019: 27% (#5)
      2020: 15% (#31)

and efficiency ranks of those targets:

2017: #12
      2018: #10
      2019: #5
      2020: #29

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

The offense is evolving to be Brady’s offense more and more. Gotta love it! Reduces the “No risk it, no biscuit” push from Arians to “Take what the defense gives you.” If you cover deep, then Brady will dink-and-dunk. If you cover tight, then Brady will go over the top. Pretty simple than going deep all the time and throwing INTs like giving out candy on Halloween.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

This is a nice surprise.

Bucs draft strategy will now shift focus towards building depth with trenches and special teams.

Build the trenches!

• Runole

Participant

Similar to Kamara great pickup

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Huge pickup Gio is a very good pass catching back Bucs hit big again.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yeah I don’t think most realize how big of a pick up this is for the offense. Gio isn’t just an ordinary pass catching back as he is a weapon.

Build the trenches!

• buccnation

Participant

Great pick up. Now hopefully those wanting a RB in the 1st will change their mind.

Also, hopefully RoJo sees the majority of work on 1st and 2nd down and Bernard on 3rd down. Use Fournette in the McCoy role.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Yeah I don’t think most realize how big of a pick up this is for the offense. Gio isn’t just an ordinary pass catching back as he is a weapon.

I agree !! This is a BIG addition. He wasn’t a workhorse and if you watch him from last year he has pretty good burst n quicks compared to Fournette. He looks smooth in catching the ball as well. He can run it too!
      Don’t forget that even while it seemed to be a bit of a struggle both Rojo and Fournette had big plays out of the backfield. Factor in all those lost plays on drops and man this is now TRUSTED, legit weapon in our arsenal.
      I think when you consider what it enables us to do in the draft( he went 37th?) the fact the Chiefs recruited him heavily, and both our QB n HC wanted him bad and….we did it with no cap money? This is a great move!!! Especially when our WRs, love them, but they get hurt n banged up constantly. Force us to use a more RB/TE passing attack you’ll see the reward in this move.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Slam dunk move. Now we can stop talking about a RB in the 1st

• Roy

Participant

I don’t know the terms of the contract, but I’d bet that its mostly guaranteed, and I don’t think they will spend a draft pick on a RB except possibly a Day 3 special teamer. If they recruited this guy hard, I don’t think they would then turn around and draft a guy who would make him expendable.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Wow big surprise. Another weapon, I like the move.

• JC5100

Participant

He’s ok but the bigger issue is did we just waste the #76 overall pick last draft on a player that won’t make the team a year later.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

It was a waste to begin with if Vaughn wasn’t starting. Instead of developing an iOL like a Hennessy or Cushenberry to become starters, Licht wanted a shiny thing again.

Brady masks so many deficiencies.

• buc_boi

Participant

These the same imaginary deficiencies that prevented us from reaching the playoffs under Winston all these years?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

He’s ok but the bigger issue is did we just waste the #76 overall pick last draft on a player that won’t make the team a year later.

Yeah I think Vaughn will make the team but likely inactive most weeks

Agreed that he may be out of the league in a few years tho

• RHBucsFan

Participant

JC5100, win now.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

He’ll make the team. Bernard is basically taking over for Shady.

• Swash

Participant

Bucs are getting a much needed receiving back at a value price. Wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up touching the ball as much as the other two. Giovanni is a longtime friend of mine and thrilled I actually get to root for him in pewter. LFG

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Great pick up. Now hopefully those wanting a RB in the 1st will change their mind.

Also, hopefully RoJo sees the majority of work on 1st and 2nd down and Bernard on 3rd down. Use Fournette in the McCoy role.

i think it’s more likely the Bucs play the hot hand between Fournette and Rojo on 1st and second down, run situations with Gio being the 3rd down back on passing downs.

The McCoy role? what was his role lol?

• buccnation

Participant

McCoy’s role was very small to non existent at the end. I think RoJo is by far the better 1st and 2nd down back than Fournette and Bernard is by far the better 3rd down back than Fournette so I’d only use him sparingly.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I agree with this.

RoJo/Lenny form a nice 1-2 punch on early downs with Gio on passing downs. Having a pass catching weapon on third downs while teams worry about Evans, Godwin Gronk, Howard, etc is going to be ace.

Build the trenches!

• Boid Fink

Participant

I used to have Gio on my fantasy team. He was a decent RB back in the Nam. Glad he replaced McCoy who was completely gassed out. McCoy had nothing left. Game 1 he was dropping passes and after that he didn’t play much.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I LOVE this signing. I was hoping for Jamaal Williams, Gio is older but certainly cheaper. Some will look at his YPC last year of 3.4 and think he’s done, but the Bengals Oline was atrocious and Burrow missed half the year.

He’s a fantastic pass blocker and he’s a great receiver. Our running back situation is already MUCH better then last season, and last season we were looking pretty good. McCoy’s pass blocking was actually terrible, which is why he didn’t see more work on third down last year.. Lenny was just okay in that department. Gio should get plenty of looks in 2021, and make sure Brady stays upright.

With a healthy OJ and Gronk, plus Gio on third downs.. maybe we won’t have to play the swing tackle as much as we did last year to protect Brady and give opposing defenses even more fits trying to cover all the weapons.

This signing all but guarantees we pass on an RB early in the draft which I’m very happy about… I’m hoping for DT/EDGE/CB/S in the first. Someone who can get on the field and make some plays.

• Detrimental

Participant

With a 17th game, having 4 solid backs is smart. Gio is the best third down back on the roster and will be key part of the pass game.

• m_j

Participant

this is real surprise. we are more and more loaded!
      this also probably means no RB in draft

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

These the same imaginary deficiencies that prevented us from reaching the playoffs under Winston all these years?

Do you even know what you’re saying? Win a Super Bowl and all logic goes away. hahahhahahah

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Even with the Gio signing, I still think the FO will take a back within the first 3 rounds.

• Diehart fisherman

Participant

I think the Bucs could still draft RB Najee Harris at 32. If he is still on the board.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.