Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• Buccluck

Participant

Am I the only one who is fine with not landing Michael Bennett and Aqib Talib. I realize they didn’t cost their new teams much but I don’t think either is going to have that great of year. Both are getting up in age and coming off injuries. And I don’t think our locker room could have handled them. I think we dodged a couple of bullets. No talib gun pun intended there.

Please wait…

• Buccluck

Participant

To be clear. I am still ticked we didn’t get Quinn at 27 years old.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

If we somehow pull off getting Chubb, all is good.

Please wait…

• idliketoproposeatoast

Participant

i don’t necessarily think we dodged a bullet by missing out on these two but i get what you’re saying, and like you, the one i am upset about missing out on is quinn, that’s a deal licht should’ve been able to get done, especially when it’s such a down year for edge rushers not only in FA but also in the draft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bennet miss is only an ‘issue’ because they missed on Quinn. Clearly Quinn was the better get of the two. But by getting nothing, and very little help being available via free agency we are looking more and more likely to have a horrible pass rush again in 2018. For all the Chubb lovefest I just don’t see us getting him and even if we do, he alone is not enough to turn around our pass rush.

Please wait…

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

Interesting! I look at the list of Free Agents and there are roughly 10-12 that would help this team and with their total sacks from last year each would lead our previous crop of DE’s!!!!………

Trust the Process!~

We had 22 last year …. Add three players that had 6 each 6 x 3 = 18 + 22 = 40…….Simple math

And that doesn’t include adding anyone with any kind of ability in the Draft and a somewhat full season of Spence!….50-52 sacks easily!

Please wait…

• SaskBucs

Participant

Hahaha 50 sacks easily! Wouldn’t that be something. Chubb falling to 7 is very unlikely. I thought last years QB run with the wild tradeups was insane and it would have to be even crazier this year to have a chance. Right now we are praying for Buckner to work magic and with any luck we get a DT and DE from the draft early who can contribute. To this thread though, yeah not the worst misses but Quinn does seem to hurt.

Colts have to trade back for Chubb to fall and not to Denver or NYJ. 4 QBs have to go and I am not sure what the Giants do if Barkley goes #1. If they are smart they try to fleece Licht.

Barkley
      QB
      Nelson
      QB
      QB
      QB…. the dream

Please wait…

• T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Participant

Yeah I don’t really get the outrage at missing out on Bennett or Talib. They’ll still have good years especially considering both of their destinations but I would rather have the picks than 1-2 years tops of post-prime play from players that our locker room might not be capable of having. And yes I know, a 5th rounder is more likely to turn into garbage than a productive player, but I’d rather take that risk or at the very least have potential ammunition for a trade up or down.

Feel free to toss me in the ‘sad about Quinn’ boat though.

Please wait…

• BucfanNC12

Participant

The older I get the more I think sports make people stupid. In any company there are difficult people that others have to tolerate and the organization remains functional. In sports, they are called a cancer and people believe they can disrupt the organization. SHM

Please wait…

• BucfanNC12

Participant

@T.I. McCrown: King of the South

This is a the same group of fans that said Blount was no good and wanted him gone.

Please wait…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

when players in free agency go somewhere else, and they are better than the players we have here, I fail to see how this is ever a good thing?

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

Am I fine with it? Yes and No.

Individually I wasnt super hyped on them (besides Quinn), but to see all 3 be available and actively shopped, and we express minimal interest by not beating out the peanuts that they were traded for.. its kinda disappointing. All three of those guys were traded for nothing. We at least should have tried harder on one of those DEs. bringing Talib back would have been nice but there are plenty of corners in FA, including Grimes so that wasnt too tough of a miss.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are we content with another 1 sack per game season?

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.