Viewing 39 reply threads

• Author

• NinjaBuc

Participant

I thought he made some crafty runs and didn’t risk injury by sliding…I liked the ownership of his mistakes... all 20 of them He made a couple nice passes and made good use of ASJHe kept battling till the end-ishThat's about it... anyone else?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought he made some crafty runs and didn't risk injury by sliding...I liked the ownership of his mistakes... all 20 of them He made a couple nice passes and made good use of ASJHe kept battling till the end-ishThat's about it... anyone else?

Man, you are really reaching with that crap. The throws to ASJ weren't even on the money. One was a failed INT tip and another ASJ had to stop his stride and reach backwards to grab it and overall Winston's accuracy was downright pathetic. You cannot survive in this league being inaccurate. Look at the top QB's in this league and what do they all have in common? ACCURACY!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How well spoken he was at the PC    lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How well spoken he was at the PC    lol

And he slides well. We've got a future hall of fame slider on our hands people. YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw!

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I thought he made some crafty runs and didn't risk injury by sliding...I liked the ownership of his mistakes... all 20 of them He made a couple nice passes and made good use of ASJHe kept battling till the end-ishThat's about it... anyone else?

Man, you are really reaching with that crap. The throws to ASJ weren't even on the money. One was a failed INT tip and another ASJ had to stop his stride and reach backwards to grab it and overall Winston's accuracy was downright pathetic. You cannot survive in this league being inaccurate. Look at the top QB's in this league and what do they all have in common? ACCURACY!

1 Philip Rivers 83.3% - LOST2 Marcus Mariota 81.3% - WON3 Tony Romo 80.0% - WON4 Aaron Rodgers 78.3% - WON5 Tom Brady 78.1% - WON6 Russell Wilson 78.0% - LOST7 Matt McGloin 74.2% - LOST8 Tyrod Taylor 73.7% - WON9 Andy Dalton 73.5% - WON10 Ben Roethlisberger 68.4% - LOSTEven with high accuracy 4 out of the top 10 lost. Obviously you need more then that.

Please wait…

• bucbear79

Participant

Yeah you're probably right... just trying to find something or anything to not make me wanna stop watching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.I'm also a huge Mariota homer and live in Oregon so don't confuse me with some Winston apologist

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 Philip Rivers 83.3% - LOST2 Marcus Mariota 81.3% - WON3 Tony Romo 80.0% - WON4 Aaron Rodgers 78.3% - WON5 Tom Brady 78.1% - WON6 Russell Wilson 78.0% - LOST7 Matt McGloin 74.2% - LOST8 Tyrod Taylor 73.7% - WON9 Andy Dalton 73.5% - WON10 Ben Roethlisberger 68.4% - LOSTEven with high accuracy 4 out of the top 10 lost. Obviously you need more then that.

Get out of here with that crap. And 6 of those won. If you have those numbers every week chances are you are going to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uh.. Rivers beat the Lions 33-28. So that means that 70% of the most accurate guys won and all of the top five did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

….and there’s a difference in losing by a field goal in OT and putting up a display for the ages where the outcome is beyond doubt by the end of the 1st qtr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A baseline level of accuracy has to be there. We haven't seen anything like that yet tho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half full… I liked how he didn’t get injured.  I like how he has plenty of learning opportunities.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not going to act like Jameis lost the game for us, we still gave up 42 points and it could have been worse had the Titans not been on cruise control. It was a complete breakdown by everyone. He didn’t do good by any stretch of the imagination, but going against a Dick Lebeau coached defense it could have been considerably worse.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Get out of here with that crap. And 6 of those won. If you have those numbers every week chances are you are going to win.

Crap indeed. You spew it as if your life depended on it. I'm sorry I poked a hole in your trolls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rivers won dude.  Spitting out stats to back up your argument is great.  Unless of course you get your own stats wrong.  Ouch.Try harder

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FYI, JW was LAST in the NFL in completion %.  Pretty sad

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Not much, he seems heavy in the pocket he doesn’t move around well idk. Maybe he needs to lose weight. He just looks awkward in the pocket, running and throwing.

Please wait…

• bucbear79

Participant

I’d say he looked more panicked than awkward… he never set, even when he had time…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy fuck man you're SO right!Our rookie qb playing his first regular season game NEEDS to display perfect downfield accuracy! I mean Mariota showed how he could throw it downfield on his ONE attempt of over 15 yards!! Our rookie Qb should have NONE of the problems other rookie QBs have because he was labeled "pro ready"!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board is full of the most unrealistic, overreacting fans. No fucking wonder everyone talks shit on pewter report. Good for offseason content, TERRIBLE for football analysis. The reddit board is better than this shit and that’s saying a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy (censored) man you're SO right!Our rookie qb playing his first regular season game NEEDS to display perfect downfield accuracy! I mean Mariota showed how he could throw it downfield on his ONE attempt of over 15 yards!! Our rookie Qb should have NONE of the problems other rookie QBs have because he was labeled "pro ready"!!!!

You guys blew that smoke all offseason. Why are you not expecting that now? You must have forgot the size of that pile that was shoveled a mile high this offseason.His accuracy sucks thus far. Face it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board is full of the most unrealistic, overreacting fans. No (censored)ing wonder everyone talks (censored) on pewter report. Good for offseason content, TERRIBLE for football analysis. The reddit board is better than this (censored) and that's saying a lot.

The offseason is for the distribution of the fluff. The season is reality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and our team was last in the league in winswhy is everyone expecting a great turnaround immediately? its not like QB was the only thing missingthe team was dogshit yesterday. I don't expect our rookie to be amazing when hes surrounded by shit and coached by shit

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and our team was last in the league in winswhy is everyone expecting a great turnaround immediately? its not like QB was the only thing missingthe team was dog(censored) yesterday. I don't expect our rookie to be amazing when hes surrounded by (censored) and coached by (censored)

You expected him to have a 48% completion rate?By the way a lot of folks talked about him...my bar is a little higher.  I could've swore he was the most pro ready QB in 20 years and he could've played in the NFL at 18.Come on...now everyone is going to throw down the "rookie" card?  I heard playoffs blah blah blah

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and our team was last in the league in winswhy is everyone expecting a great turnaround immediately? its not like QB was the only thing missingthe team was dog(censored) yesterday. I don't expect our rookie to be amazing when hes surrounded by (censored) and coached by (censored)

You expected him to have a 48% completion rate?By the way a lot of folks talked about him...my bar is a little higher.  I could've swore he was the most pro ready QB in 20 years and he could've played in the NFL at 18.Come on...now everyone is going to throw down the "rookie" card?  I heard playoffs blah blah blah

I didn't expect that but I also didn't expect him to light the world on fireunlike most around here I have realistic expectations from a rookie. I expect struggles under good circumstances and I expect major struggles under the circumstances involving our teamanyone talking about playoffs was drunk. this was a 7 win team AT BEST and more likely a 4-5 win teamI expect about 2 because I have zero faith in our coaches after that crapfest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rivers won dude.  Spitting out stats to back up your argument is great.  Unless of course you get your own stats wrong.  Ouch.Try harder

Damn, called out by Anom ... are you getting the popcorn?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The glass has been broken and shattered into a million pieces.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really, really liked when the game ended. That was my favorite part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah you're probably right... just trying to find something or anything to not make me wanna stop watching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.I'm also a huge Mariota homer and live in Oregon so don't confuse me with some Winston apologist

A Bucs fan living in Oregon? Lol. Damn.  Yesterday sucked for us all, but was like a perfect sh1t storm for you..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this won’t be half full and more half empty but……I honestly expected the results that happened on Sunday. After the high hit on the first drive and the penalty called, you could see it was going to be deja vu of an extended drive and a TD. Then when you saw the attempt by Winston and his eyes locked the whole time on his receiver you knew a INT was coming. We saw the same Winston we saw in the Rose Bowl, a guy who looked flustered and made bad decisions. He looked slow in the pocket and had happy feet. He was more prone to running and making terrible attempts at sliding. Another thing he lacked all game was accuracy, when he missed he missed long or short, which usually results in takeaways. When Mariota missed he missed with in inches of his receivers. It was his first real NFL game but he has a lot of work to do, he can talk the talk but so far he can't walk the walk of an NFL quarterback. We might have the reverse of Luck/RG3 on our hands.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy (censored) man you're SO right!Our rookie qb playing his first regular season game NEEDS to display perfect downfield accuracy! I mean Mariota showed how he could throw it downfield on his ONE attempt of over 15 yards!! Our rookie Qb should have NONE of the problems other rookie QBs have because he was labeled "pro ready"!!!!

Actually, based on the play-by-play there were five pass attempts over 15 yards through the air. Though I'll grant one didn't count as a play due to offsetting penalties. But, you know, spin it how you want I s'pose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing I saw that Winston did well with was feeling the rush. He glides out of harms way very well, but unless he has an immediate opening to run upfield or a receiver comes open and Winston spots him, any rusher in the NFL can catch up to him running laterally…      When a QB is declared by the "experts" to be "the next Andrew Luck", most fans would expect him to complete well over 50% of his passes against a 2-14 team...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Had this been Glennon…90% of theese posts would have been how horrible a QB glennon was/is… where is the objectivity? glennon is light years ahead of where Winston is. Glennon has neverlooked as inept asthis despite never havingthe advantage taking starterreps and playing with half the talent Winston has with coaching andtalent.  McCown part deaux!

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

This board is full of the most unrealistic, overreacting fans. No (censored)ing wonder everyone talks (censored) on pewter report. Good for offseason content, TERRIBLE for football analysis. The reddit board is better than this (censored) and that's saying a lot.

Everyone knows that but they also know that's why we're here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So what? He completed those 15 yard passes or less too.Dont act like, "oh, if mariota was made to throw farther, blah blah, blah..."Yeah, cause you watched mariota in college, right? They both did what they did in college, and the funny thing is, mariota translated better on day one.All the things wrong with winston are going to be hard to correct. Mariota is diving right in, accurate an confident.Dont be jealous of the guy you couldve picked, but didnt give him the time of day to watch his actual play on the field. I dont think a winston fan can question anyones qb at this point, and i dont think they know what they are talking about anymore. None of you winston fans should be allowed to give your two cents about qbs. You'll run around screaming, "but the leadership, hes actually a nice guy, players like him, blah, blah, blah" but never actually watch tape of the guy balling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So what? He completed those 15 yard passes or less too.Dont act like, "oh, if mariota was made to throw farther, blah blah, blah..."Yeah, cause you watched mariota in college, right? They both did what they did in college, and the funny thing is, mariota translated better on day one.All the things wrong with winston are going to be hard to correct. Mariota is diving right in, accurate an confident.Dont be jealous of the guy you couldve picked, but didnt give him the time of day to watch his actual play on the field. I dont think a winston fan can question anyones qb at this point, and i dont think they know what they are talking about anymore. None of you winston fans should be allowed to give your two cents about qbs. You'll run around screaming, "but the leadership, hes actually a nice guy, players like him, blah, blah, blah" but never actually watch tape of the guy balling.

This

Please wait…

• bucbear79

Participant

I fully expect Winston to bounce back next week. I don’t think he plays this bad all season but I expect close to half of the games to look like this…That's why you don't just run out rookie qbs week one and declare them the starter before the first preseason game. Glennon should be starting until week 6 or 7 because Winston... wait for it... ISN'T READY.Mariota is hilariously more pro ready than Winston and you all but guarantee Mariota will have a couple crappy games in the near future (crappy by his standard at least.)So in those regards, I don't really blame Winston... it's this whole "well every other team is starting their first round rookie qb week one, so we must as well." Instead of looking at each case individually... how ready is he REALLY?The preseason showed us that Winston isn't ready but the brass wants there big shiny trophy pick out there week one for ticket sales and merchandise and this is the sht show we get.What else is to be expected?Winston will bounce back against a mostly average defense and keep us somewhat competitive in that game.Something like 17-30, 240 yards 2 td and 1 int in a 10 point loss

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont expect winston, or this defense to do much fighting with anyone.They cant stop the titans from running them the hell over, so what makes anyone think they're going to fair ok against other teams that they dont have months to prepare for, and are BETTER/smarter/faster?Riiiight...Marcus and co pretty much gave the nfl the diagram on how to beat the living hell out of the bucs, game ONE.Some of you are too positive for your own good. Love ya for it, much respect, but lets be reasonable. A good team doesn't do what we just witnessed. A good team would change if they were playing bad the year before. A good team wouldve drafted the better qb, not the best bff for lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uh.. Rivers beat the Lions 33-28. So that means that 70% of the most accurate guys won and all of the top five did.

Also notice, #10 played #5... who won that game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also notice, #10 played #5... who won that game?

Good looking out. I didn't even notice the San Diego error. Winston fans will do anything to prove their point, even lie. lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL You guys are reaching, "what did we like"  Its that time again "yucs"New slogan "Don the Bag" gamerbagCCX_11302014_1483_CIN_v_TBB-820x547.jpg

Please wait…

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.