Viewing 43 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

New HC, new uniforms, and a new franchise QBDont be surprised to see the Bucs draft a QB in the first round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They haven’t meddled in the QB position enough?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They haven't meddled in the QB position enough?

I'm reminded of a game we all played as a pre-schooler.....which of these items doesn't fit:Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Mike Glennon.....you think the Glazers aren't embarrassed by that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st round QB?  You’ll have to ask Lovie.  He’s been handed both the keys to One Buc Palace and the salary cap cash register.  It’s all up to Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm reminded of a game we all played as a pre-schooler.....which of these items doesn't fit:Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Mike Glennon.....you think the Glazers aren't embarrassed by that?

Agree...doesnt mean there is a QB this year who is less embarrassing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New HC, new uniforms, and a new franchise QBDont be surprised to see the Bucs draft a QB in the first round.

I wouldn’t be surprised, but are you implying that the glazers will pick the guy? Or force lovie to use a 1st?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of our first three picks will be used to get a QB.  Almost as certain as the sun coming up.I can't see the Glazers specifically saying "get a QB in the first".    That makes no sense.    Smith/Tedford/Arroyo have a plan. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm still digesting their last message.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,684831.0.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’re bald headed with scruffy facial hair.  Embarrassed?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which one broke the record for consecutive games with passing TDs as a rookie?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed and if we're going to do it we need to do it in the first round. We aren't likely to find a guy that can compete with the other NFCS QBs in the later rounds. Either go for it in round 1 or wait a year and let McCown/Glennon duke it out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is about as lame as Carnell's shoes in the HOF for getting a lot a carries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is about as lame as Carnell's shoes in the HOF for getting a lot a carries.

and you think theyre embarrassed to have a QB who put up good numbers for a rookie, but replacing him with another rookie will solve that? They Glazers were embarrassed by the team not their rookie QB.By the way man, you never got back to me on it. How was Phillip Rivers last season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which one of them didn't suck when they first started out?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and you think theyre embarrassed to have a QB who put up good numbers for a rookie, but replacing him with another rookie will solve that? They Glazers were embarrassed by the team not their rookie QB.By the way man, you never got back to me on it. How was Phillip Rivers last season?

They replaced him with a guy that our leadership trusts. That guy will keep the seat warm for the guy that Lovie wants to hitch his wagon to. All signs tell this observer that that guy is not Mike Glennon.Rivers played well....far beyond expectations. Is there a prize involved with that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which one of them didn't suck when they first started out?

Is this a trick question? Neither one of them impressed me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rules are designed for franchise QBs. Gotta have one. I like Glennon but we need something betterMANZIEL-MONEY.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They replaced him with a guy that our leadership trusts. That guy will keep the seat warm for the guy that Lovie wants to hitch his wagon to. All signs tell this observer that that guy is not Mike Glennon.Rivers played well....far beyond expectations. Is there a prize involved with that?

What does that have to do with the Glazers being embarrassed by Glennon. I dont blame the new coaching staff to keep searching for a QB but to say Glennon was an embarrassment considering he was a rookie and considering the team and situation he was in is a stupid thing to say.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…oh and Johnny…  Do you think the commissioner has his digits?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does that have to do with the Glazers being embarrassed by Glennon. I dont blame the new coaching staff to keep searching for a QB but to say Glennon was an embarrassment considering he was a rookie and considering the team and situation he was in is a stupid thing to say.

I didn't say they were embarrassed by Glennon. I think they're embarrassed by the fact that after almost 20 years of ownership, we still don't have a guy worthy of calling a franchise QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't say they were embarrassed by Glennon. I think they're embarrassed by the fact that after almost 20 years of ownership, we still don't have a guy worthy of calling a franchise QB.

Who needs a franchise QB when you have Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Mike Alstott, etc. on the roster. We just don't have any face for the franchise right now. They need to draft someone to fill that void. It could be any position. Us fans wish it was Lavonte David but no one knows him still.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Once again, proof you hate the guy.  It's actually pretty impressive given the defenses he played against. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t get this owner embarrasment thing…sterling-clippers.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New coach new ownership  new unis new offense. I don’t get why some find it so hard that there will be a new qb drafted as well. Writing is on the wall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't get this owner embarrasment thing...sterling-clippers.jpg

I don't get that either. If anything the Glazers are upset there is no face of the franchise. When a typical person thinks about the Buc's no current player comes to mind right now. They need that position filled to help make the Buc's revivant again plus aid in ticket sales. The 2014 draft is where they are targeting that player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfortunately, I think the message the Glazers will send is more to the embarrased fans of their futbol team, not football team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New coach new ownership  new unis new offense. I don't get why some find it so hard that there will be a new qb drafted as well. Writing is on the wall.

Because Lovie wants to win now. I dont get why some find it so hard to believe that they will roll  with the QB's they have.  The media knows nothing.  Are you really going to let a bunch of bloggers/hack from Bleacher Report tell you who we are drafting?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was just thinking of something along these lines the other day.The glazers, although they don't often meddle in the affairs of their hc, could have that one stipulation in mind when they signed lovie. And lets be honest, drafting a guy like manziel would stop them from having to buy up remaining seats to avoid blackouts.Idk if that's actually the case, but just saying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think it’s so far-fetched considering the ultimatum they supposedly gave Gruden

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think it's so far-fetched considering the ultimatum they supposedly gave Gruden

How'd that work out for them?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New coach new ownership  new unis new offense. I don't get why some find it so hard that there will be a new qb drafted as well. Writing is on the wall.

Because Lovie wants to win now. I dont get why some find it so hard to believe that they will roll  with the QB's they have McCown. The media knows nothing.  Are you really going to let a bunch of bloggers/hack from Bleacher Report tell you who we are drafting?

Fixed that for ya' buddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie and Licht are smart enough to understand that if they select a QB in the 1st round, their careers will be forever married to the success or failure of that individual. (ask Dom & Rah how that goes). It must be someone whom they are so smitten with that they are willing to put their futures on the line for. Is there a QB in this draft class whom they dream about nightly as they lay their heads down in their pillows each night? We’ll find out in less than 2 weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We could definitley wait a year on finding a QB if we wanted.  Jameis Winston, Mariota, Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty. Those are 4 guys we already know of that are just as good or better than the guys this year and the college season hasnt started. There could easily be 4 more guys that could become real solid QB prospects. Someone like  Sean Mannion maybe who threw for 36TDs only 14ints last year while completing 66% of his passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who needs a franchise QB when you have Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Mike Alstott, etc. on the roster.

You're kidding, right? Not having a QB worth a damn cost those guys a shot at multiple championships.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who needs a franchise QB when you have Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Mike Alstott, etc. on the roster.

You're kidding, right? Not having a QB worth a damn cost those guys a shot at multiple championships.

Amen!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We could definitley wait a year on finding a QB if we wanted.  Jameis Winston, Mariota, Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty.

I doubt Lovie plans on being within reach of landing one of those guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We could definitley wait a year on finding a QB if we wanted.  Jameis Winston, Mariota, Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty.

I doubt Lovie plans on being within reach of landing one of those guys.

By drafting a player who takes Myron Lewis' place on the sidelines?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis Winston, Mariota, Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty. Those are 4 guys we already know of that are just as good or better than the guys this year and the college season hasnt started. There could easily be 4 more guys that could become real solid QB prospects. Someone like  Sean Mannion maybe who threw for 36TDs only 14ints last year while completing 66% of his passes.

Or those guys could all suck next year, or they could all blow out their knees, or we could be picking too late to be in range for them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So then maybe mccown is lovie’s guy and manziel is the glazers guy, and they’re just going to see who pans out?Tough to say anything at this point, because lovie himself interviewed him, went and watched his proday, and has stated he like what he brings. And of course they're all going to say, "that's the guy we wanted" after they draft anyone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think what SP is saying is that if you have to have one over the other, it's better to have D.  More fun to watch and just better football.  Oh yeah, and it also wins championships.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis Winston, Mariota, Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty. Those are 4 guys we already know of that are just as good or better than the guys this year and the college season hasnt started. There could easily be 4 more guys that could become real solid QB prospects. Someone like  Sean Mannion maybe who threw for 36TDs only 14ints last year while completing 66% of his passes.

Or those guys could all suck next year, or they could all blow out their knees, or we could be picking too late to be in range for them.

Exactly. Assuming one of those guys will be there when we select is asinine imo. Furthermore, I believe Bridgewater was a can't miss #1 prospect a prior to this past season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How could they not say “FIX the OFFENSE” prior to hiring these guys?    A QB (developmental or otherwise) of THEIR choosing  is how a coaching staff does it – right?Lovie and Tedford HAD to have a plan before they ever got hired...  almost certain to be the case.So, in a sense, yes - the Glazers did send a message and that (obviously) included GETTING an offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just so you know, it doesn't look like we will be in range for JFF.

Please wait…

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.