Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 97 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Lets see what he can do with the 8 remaining games.Thus far he has8 TDs, 3 Ints, 1,165 yards, comp% 60.3, ypa 5.7His YPA attempt is climbing closer to a respectable 6 ypa and his TD/INT ratio is greater than 2:1.  He is on pace for a 4,000 passing yard season or close to it.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eh, he’s still average IMO.We'll see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

0-5

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

0-5

One more and he's JJ.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon keeps improving at this pace it will translate to a few wins within the next eight games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon keeps improving at this pace it will translate to a few wins within the next eight games.

Probably not as long as Schiano is here.Glennon's stats may look really good, but he's being asked to throw a lot and gets a lot of his yardage on checkdowns and basic patterns. He doesn't really make big plays. The problem is, we don't know if he can't do it, or if Schiano isn't letting him throw it deep because he's too conservative.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eh, he's still average IMO.We'll see.

His numbers are actually above average and if he keeps improving the conversation at the end of the year becomes interesting.  A lot can happen with 8 games to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets see what he can do with the 8 remaining games.Thus far he has8 TDs, 3 Ints, 1,165 yards, comp% 60.3, ypa 5.7His YPA attempt is climbing closer to a respectable 6 ypa and his TD/INT ratio is greater than 2:1.  He is on pace for a 4,000 passing yard season or close to it.

How the hell do you figure he is on pace a 4000 yard season? He has 1165 yards after five games with only 8 games left. He will be lucky to get over 3000 yards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How the hell do you figure he is on pace a 4000 yard season? He has 1165 yards after five games with only 8 games left. He will be lucky to get over 3000 yards.

Going to flip the switch and start having some 400 yard passing games lol…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His YPA is still worst in the league

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(1165÷5)×16=3728

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(1165÷5)×16=3728

The NFL doesn't accept hypothetical stats :PP

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(1165÷5)×16=3728

He isn't going to start 16 games, unless you see us making the playoffs. "On pace" is the wrong term. Should have said "his stats average out to", or something along those lines.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His numbers are actually above average and if he keeps improving the conversation at the end of the year becomes interesting.  A lot can happen with 8 games to go.

I understand that, and hope that continues. I welcome competition. However, I still don't believe he's worth completely turning our backs on a top qb. That would be nuts. At least you would have a stable of qb's, and have some trading options later down the road if need be. Passing on a qb would be bonkers without convincing wins.We also have to understand that schiano will probably be gone. That being said, glennon has to pass the eye test by whatever coach comes in. Judging by his current record, would you tie your career to the guy? I wouldn't.I'll give him credit though, the kid played well against a tough defense today. The running game opened up, and some lucky bounces went our way, but he handled it well and capitalized.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not be be mean but shattering Buccaneers offensive record means diddly. We’ve been mostly pitiful on offense for so long it is hard to fathom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon hasn’t shown me that he’s anything more than a smart kid that can throw a decent short ball. I think he can have a nice career in the NFL…but his game is 15 yards and in. Once you get past 15 yards…he’s very inaccurate and they hardly throw the ball down field. They are protecting him. Granted, he manages the games well, but he hasn’t shown me anything that would prevent me from taking a QB in round 1. He’s got 8 more games. He’s got to start going down the field more and making some bigger plays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably not as long as Schiano is here.Glennon's stats may look really good, but he's being asked to throw a lot and gets a lot of his yardage on checkdowns and basic patterns. He doesn't really make big plays. The problem is, we don't know if he can't do it, or if Schiano isn't letting him throw it deep because he's too conservative.

Brad Johnson says hello. That guy would've had trouble throwing a football through a wet paper towel, but did it matter?We have a rookie QB who is clearly playing it safe, there's nothing more to it than that. If you expected a rookie to go out there and do much more than what he's doing then that's your mistake. What you're doing, and what many others are doing, is creating unrealistic expectations for a rookie because you'll be damned if you're going to attach anything positive to Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can shatter every rookie record out there. He’s still got ZERO count that ZERO wins. To be fair that’s not his fault but he’s the captain of the ship on the field so sink or swim he gets the credit. If we could only jettison Schiano and company the team might get some wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can shatter every rookie record out there. He's still got ZERO count that ZERO wins. To be fair that's not his fault but he's the captain of the ship on the field so sink or swim he gets the credit. If we could only jettison Schiano and company the team might get some wins.

I don't like saying it, but at this point in the season it has come down to draft picks to best improve the team currently. Bringing in a new HC and/or coordinators right now would succeed in allowing the team time to get adjusted sure, but then end up lacking that #1 overall pick that is needed more.Simply put, we kinda need to lose out the rest of the games to jettison this coaching staff and get that #1, whether that be to trade down to collect more picks or pick up "the franchise" when the time comes, while still remaining competitive throughout our losses. I THINK we showed we can stick with the best of them as a team with this loss to Seattle, but we aren't trying to win. There was no reason to change playcalling, both offensively and defensively, so drastically in the 2nd half yet we did anyways. Why? Maybe to stop scoring points and let Seattle come back? Maybe we truly are tanking the season like the Colts did. I think once we see JAX get a win (somewhere) you'll see the Bucs come out and spank a team with cutthroat football all game through. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm overthinking it. I also dont get to watch all the games in very good quality and streams are very choppy over here so I basically miss 1/3 of the games from stuttering but hey... who knows?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next year he will.     I am starting to think our biggest need in the upcoming draft is a stud WR. Our receiving corps was built around Josh Freeman's skill set, i.e., the ability to go get jump balls. Glennon is a REAL NFL QB who can make ALL the throws, and CAN hit a receiver in stride. Our only receiver who can regularily get separation is Vincent Jackson, and he's already 30... Maybe guys like Underwood or Dawson or Owusu or Page will develop in time, but I don't see them as #1's. Certainly not Mike Williams either. We need to start facing the fact Jackson will soon start regressing to the level of a #2 receiver, but still well ahead of Williams, who I think is at his ceiling already... Glennon with a Julio Jones type and Vincent Jackson would seriously impact our ability to win games...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can shatter every rookie record out there. He's still got ZERO count that ZERO wins. To be fair that's not his fault but he's the captain of the ship on the field so sink or swim he gets the credit. If we could only jettison Schiano and company the team might get some wins.

I don't like saying it, but at this point in the season it has come down to draft picks to best improve the team currently. Bringing in a new HC and/or coordinators right now would succeed in allowing the team time to get adjusted sure, but then end up lacking that #1 overall pick that is needed more.Simply put, we kinda need to lose out the rest of the games to jettison this coaching staff and get that #1, whether that be to trade down to collect more picks or pick up "the franchise" when the time comes, while still remaining competitive throughout our losses. I THINK we showed we can stick with the best of them as a team with this loss to Seattle, but we aren't trying to win. There was no reason to change playcalling, both offensively and defensively, so drastically in the 2nd half yet we did anyways. Why? Maybe to stop scoring points and let Seattle come back? Maybe we truly are tanking the season like the Colts did. I think once we see JAX get a win (somewhere) you'll see the Bucs come out and spank a team with cutthroat football all game through. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm overthinking it. I also dont get to watch all the games in very good quality and streams are very choppy over here so I basically miss 1/3 of the games from stuttering but hey... who knows?

You should have gotten the Madden Anniversary edition. It came with free NFL Sunday Ticket!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is a REAL NFL QB who can make ALL the throws, and CAN hit a receiver in stride.

...as long as it's not over 30 yards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is absolutely at a run rate for a nice 16 game season of close to 4000 yards and 25 or so TDs.  The throw he made to Underwood was impressive, showing he can make some plays.  He is a smart kid and he is improving as that game manager, less athletic Alex Smith type.  Minus the wins.  However, the bar isn't Bruce G in terms of rookie performance,  The NFL has really changed and the young back up QB is now expected to bring some thunder to the field.  Like the Houston QB, Foles last year as a rookie..  It's more the exception that the back up, rookie or otherwise, plays poorly. Glennon isn't the teams biggest problem, but he isn't the source of a bright future, either. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You should have gotten the Madden Anniversary edition. It came with free NFL Sunday Ticket!

That's not the problem, bro. I'm stuck deployed in a shitty country that doesn't have very good internets!  :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's not the problem, bro. I'm stuck deployed in a **CENSORED**ty country that doesn't have very good internets!  :(

Bummer! I have a few buddies over seas as well who use HughesNet and it sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is a REAL NFL QB who can make ALL the throws, and CAN hit a receiver in stride.

...as long as it's not over 30 yards.

He can EASILY make that throw. The bigger Q is WHO on the Bucs can get open 30 yards downfield BEFORE Glennon gets sacked? Our receivers can get open short on good technique, but the faster CBs can easily close the gap by the time they’ve run 30 yards…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From the 18 yard line to the back of the end zone :GlennonTD.gifApprox. a 28 yard throw ( on the run ) .....for those keeping score....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From the 18 yard line to the back of the end zone :GlennonTD.gifApprox. a 28 yard throw ( on the run ) .....for those keeping score....

I'm going with 27 yards by my count. thrown from 18 + 9.. and the previous poster DID say as long as it's not OVER 30 yards he can make the throw. :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

..and that was a great but play but doing it once in awhile is different from doing it consistently. I think the issue is that all too often he is throwing shorter passes. Unlike some I think he is obviously more than capable of working intermediate ranges effectively. He just needs to show he is willing to go there on a more consistent basis.  QBing is so much about consistency. When Brees is in 3rd and 12 are you confident he won’t make it if we are on defense…no because that is a throw he makes all the time. With Glennon how do you feel?  Now, I’m not asking him to be Drew Brees but just working into that range more frequently will improve his effectiveness greatly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm going with 24 yards by my count. thrown from 18 + 6.. and the previous poster DID say as long as it's not OVER 30 yards he can make the throw. :D

Well and the is a difference between something like that that is more on a line and a real deep pass that will arc more. He seems to have arc issues more than rope issues. I think he can, but doesn't, throw more ropes. I don't think he throws good arc shots at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not be be mean but shattering Buccaneers offensive record means diddly. We've been mostly pitiful on offense for so long it is hard to fathom.

Haha true but his numbers are pretty decent for a rookie. Lets see what he can do with 8 games to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brad Johnson says hello. That guy would've had trouble throwing a football through a wet paper towel, but did it matter?We have a rookie QB who is clearly playing it safe, there's nothing more to it than that. If you expected a rookie to go out there and do much more than what he's doing then that's your mistake. What you're doing, and what many others are doing, is creating unrealistic expectations for a rookie because you'll be damned if you're going to attach anything positive to Schiano.

That's my quarterback....terrell_owens_crying.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The deep balls he threw Sunday were decent and drew interference calls. He seems to be  improving in that area as his rapport with his wr’s improves . He has thrown lots of nice intermediate balls , so that part of the criticism is bogus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon can throw line drive, frozen ropes 15-30 yards down field with ease.  His arc on bombs down field need work though but he is improving.  I think from my view is that he will improve on the bombs downfield given enough time but he still needs to work on ball placement and anticipation on the out routes.I know with this dreadful season even hardcore Bucs fans want to pack it in but there is a lot of football left to be played still.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn’t this what people wanted from Freeman? hit the short and intermediate routes, game manage, control the clock, don’t turn the ball over???Is the hatred for Schiano blinded people to the fact that we have a young qb, who has 8 tds to 3 picks in 5 games, shows poise and command, and is throwing to guys named Underwood, Wright and Skylar Dawson (or what ever his name is). It could very well be simply that schiano is trying to hold leads instead of going for the kill (which is funny since he wants to be a mini Bellicheck, and Bellicheck doesn't take the foot off the throat).If Glennon continues to improve, (and that is the key, continued development), I'll hope the kid stays and is the guy, people may chastise me and say Glennon doesn't have it in crunch time, but think of this. The whole Buccaneer world is imploding around him, Coach is on the hot seat, rb1 is down, wr2 is down, wr1 looks uninterested, and Glennon doesn't seemed to be phased by it, and goes out and leads his team to a 21-7 (still think there were two blatant blocking from behind non calls on tate's return) halftime lead in the 2nd loudest stadium, against the 3rd best defense. Schiano and Sully's conservative play calling in the 2nd half is what lost us this game along with broken containment. Not a rookie qb who  outside of the 1 take the delay of game to gain some yardage for the punt, sure didn't show signs of distress with the crowd noise.Get behind this kid and root for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is the hatred for Schiano blinded people to the fact that we have a young qb, who has 8 tds to 3 picks in 5 games, shows poise and command, and is throwing to guys named Underwood, Wright and Skylar Dawson (or what ever his name is). Get behind this kid and root for him.

You hit the nail on the head . It's a shame , but there is definitely a segment of our fans that want Glennon to fail because they associate him with the Schiano regime.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, Glennon could be a very good QB on a good team. But, the Bucs might opt to try to draft a QB who can carry the team instead of building around him. We’ll see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im still in this belief. I think he's a little below average at this point but i did see a few more throws this last game that were encouraging. He's still throwing a lot of crackdown and really short passes but i did see a little improvement last game. I would still draft a qb high at this point. Glennon needs to show a lot more imo before you decide to write off drafting a qb in the 1st.I also think his pocket presence need to get better in key situations. When there's little pressure and early in games he does pretty good. As the pressure mounts, he seems to sense the pressure too early. Not sure he's going to be a "clutch" type of qb that will get you that late score to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn't this what people wanted from Freeman? hit the short and intermediate routes, game manage, control the clock, don't turn the ball over???Is the hatred for Schiano blinded people to the fact that we have a young qb, who has 8 tds to 3 picks in 5 games, shows poise and command, and is throwing to guys named Underwood, Wright and Skylar Dawson (or what ever his name is). It could very well be simply that schiano is trying to hold leads instead of going for the kill (which is funny since he wants to be a mini Bellicheck, and Bellicheck doesn't take the foot off the throat).If Glennon continues to improve, (and that is the key, continued development), I'll hope the kid stays and is the guy, people may chastise me and say Glennon doesn't have it in crunch time, but think of this. The whole Buccaneer world is imploding around him, Coach is on the hot seat, rb1 is down, wr2 is down, wr1 looks uninterested, and Glennon doesn't seemed to be phased by it, and goes out and leads his team to a 21-7 (still think there were two blatant blocking from behind non calls on tate's return) halftime lead in the 2nd loudest stadium, against the 3rd best defense. Schiano and Sully's conservative play calling in the 2nd half is what lost us this game along with broken containment. Not a rookie qb who  outside of the 1 take the delay of game to gain some yardage for the punt, sure didn't show signs of distress with the crowd noise.Get behind this kid and root for him.

People keep saying he is only a game manager but he shows glimpses of much more.  The ineptitude surrounding him with the coaching staff and injuries on offense are hard to overcome but he has put in an even better performance against a top ranked defense than last week.If Glennon starts to put it together in the 4th quarter of a game, which has been his Achilles heel thus far, he will be surprising a lot of people.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Extend him now, he's only 23!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The deep balls he threw Sunday were decent and drew interference calls. He seems to be  improving in that area as his rapport with his wr's improves . He has thrown lots of nice intermediate balls , so that part of the criticism is bogus.

Saying he can't is bogus. Saying he doesn't make enough plays in that area is legit. The other side of the intermediate issue is that I'd like to watch the all 22 to see if he is missing those opportunities or if they just are not there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The most ideal situation is that no red shirt sophomores come out and the draft is Bridgewater and a bunch of late first and 2nd round caliber QB’s, Glennon shows excellent improvement as the season progresses, and Schiano continues to be completely inept.  This could be enough to give the Bucs the #1 pick and have a few teams in a bidding war for the that pick and get a kings ransom in a trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The most ideal situation is that no red shirt sophomores come out and the draft is Bridgewater and a bunch of late first and 2nd round caliber QB's, Glennon shows excellent improvement as the season progresses, and Schiano continues to be completely inept.  This could be enough to give the Bucs the #1 pick and have a few teams in a bidding war for the that pick and get a kings ransom in a trade.

I agree.  QB's outside of the top ten rarely are the franchise QB's people assume them to be which is why it is either Bridgewater/Mariota or look at other options.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn't this what people wanted from Freeman? hit the short and intermediate routes, game manage, control the clock, don't turn the ball over???Is the hatred for Schiano blinded people to the fact that we have a young qb, who has 8 tds to 3 picks in 5 games, shows poise and command, and is throwing to guys named Underwood, Wright and Skylar Dawson (or what ever his name is). It could very well be simply that schiano is trying to hold leads instead of going for the kill (which is funny since he wants to be a mini Bellicheck, and Bellicheck doesn't take the foot off the throat).If Glennon continues to improve, (and that is the key, continued development), I'll hope the kid stays and is the guy, people may chastise me and say Glennon doesn't have it in crunch time, but think of this. The whole Buccaneer world is imploding around him, Coach is on the hot seat, rb1 is down, wr2 is down, wr1 looks uninterested, and Glennon doesn't seemed to be phased by it, and goes out and leads his team to a 21-7 (still think there were two blatant blocking from behind non calls on tate's return) halftime lead in the 2nd loudest stadium, against the 3rd best defense. Schiano and Sully's conservative play calling in the 2nd half is what lost us this game along with broken containment. Not a rookie qb who  outside of the 1 take the delay of game to gain some yardage for the punt, sure didn't show signs of distress with the crowd noise.Get behind this kid and root for him.

People keep saying he is only a game manager but he shows glimpses of much more.  The ineptitude surrounding him with the coaching staff and injuries on offense are hard to overcome but he has put in an even better performance against a top ranked defense than last week.If Glennon starts to put it together in the 4th quarter of a game, which has been his Achilles heel thus far, he will be surprising a lot of people.

Alldaway,  I may be seeing more then what is really there, but I honestly think Schiano and Sully are trying to call a "hold the lead" "don't turn the ball over by being aggresive" approach. Glennon may miss a read, but I honestly think the coaches are dialing down the offense in the 2nd half to preserve a lead.case in point, 4th quarter, it's 3rd and 2, James has been giving us 3 yards almost every time. I understand he isn't the 3rd down back, but why not run him, he had the hot hand.Do you think I'm off base in thinking it's more the coaching, then Glennon hitting a wall?Maybe I'm just so happy to see a qb actually completing a pass that I'm blind to Glennon's struggles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is coaching because we saw the blown half time leads last year as well and the lack of adjustments.  The defense isn’t as bad as it looks but the scheme and play calling isn’t helping and the same applies on the offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His low YPA has nothing to do with being a rookie.  He was gun-shy and risk averse in college as well.  He plays it safe and goes to his check downs when the big play isn’t wide open.  Doubt that will change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As the pressure mounts, he seems to sense the pressure too early. Not sure he's going to be a "clutch" type of qb that will get you that late score to win.

FSU fans would beg to differ :wolfpack.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

College tape…really?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Glennon looked pretty good yesterday.Neither one of those TD passes were indicative of a "playing it safe guy."I think that Schiano/Sullivan go into a shell when we have a lead and put a serious leash on. Glennon is doing a good job. I still think we have to draft a QB, doesn't mean we can't keep Glennon. Competition is a great thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His low YPA has nothing to do with being a rookie.  He was gun-shy and risk averse in college as well.  He plays it safe and goes to his check downs when the big play isn't wide open.  Doubt that will change.

I disagree.His YPA is being dragged down with his first game performance (4.5).  This last performance he was (7.3).  Glennon had a lot of INT's in college which indicated he was taking too many risks and now needs to find a balanced middle ground.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that Glennon is a much better QB than Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t seen enough in Glennon, even trying to look past the team being 0-5 with him at the helm, to say that I’m comfortable moving into next season with him. Furthermore, there’s no telling he will fit into the plans/scheme of a potential new coach (assuming we will be getting one). At this point, I still think we should be drafting a franchise signal caller.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His low YPA has nothing to do with being a rookie.  He was gun-shy and risk averse in college as well.  He plays it safe and goes to his check downs when the big play isn't wide open.  Doubt that will change.

I disagree.His YPA is being dragged down with his first game performance (4.5).  This last performance he was (7.3).  Glennon had a lot of INT's in college which indicated he was taking too many risks and now needs to find a balanced middle ground.

I think that's more of a "coaching" issue than a "Glennon" issue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

College tape...really?

Yes , tape ...that's usually that thing scouts use to try and forsee what young unproven players are and aren't capable of ....you should try watching some sometime.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Glennon looked pretty good yesterday.Neither one of those TD passes were indicative of a "playing it safe guy."I think that Schiano/Sullivan go into a shell when we have a lead and put a serious leash on. Glennon is doing a good job. I still think we have to draft a QB, doesn't mean we can't keep Glennon. Competition is a great thing.

I can definitely see that, Schiano is such a control freak that I could almost see him telling Glennon to not throw deep and get an interception. That he's playing field position games, and Sheridan's d calling is too predictable to be of any help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Partly but he has to look more downfield for the intermediate routes.  He is a rookie so people expecting stardom are being a bit unrealistic because that is what they are asking (8-9 YPA).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Partly but he has to look more downfield for the intermediate routes.  He is a rookie so people expecting stardom are being a bit unrealistic because that is what they are asking (8-9 YPA).

Yeah, I'm fine with what he's doing right now.  I actually have low expectations, so he should be able to meet them.  I think he's doing fine considering the situation he's in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this kids is doing exceptionally well considering he’s a rookie and has to block out all the organizational and media circus material going on around him.I think this kid is very mentally tough, and if we get a solid coaching staff next year, this qb could be pretty good for the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

..and that was a great but play but doing it once in awhile is different from doing it consistently. I think the issue is that all too often he is throwing shorter passes. Unlike some I think he is obviously more than capable of working intermediate ranges effectively. He just needs to show he is willing to go there on a more consistent basis.  QBing is so much about consistency. When Brees is in 3rd and 12 are you confident he won't make it if we are on defense...no because that is a throw he makes all the time. With Glennon how do you feel?  Now, I'm not asking him to be Drew Brees but just working into that range more frequently will improve his effectiveness greatly.

Yeah, the difference is experience in the league. Oops, my bad, I forgot we're pretending Glennon isn't a rookie. Carry on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think hes developing nicely. Hes still a rookie. Our coaching staff hasnt been able to adjust in games and its hurting our team. Glennon is at least getting better each game. I look forward to seeing how he does in the final games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Monday night game is going to be important for Glennon as the Dolphins can score in a hurry.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Glennon is a much better QB than Freeman.

Agreed, and yet the team is still winless, and Josh (who is horrible) had the team in position to win 2 of the 3 games.  Maybe the issue isn't QB? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His college INTs were more due to mechanics than risk taking

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From scouting reports :"Displays a gunslinger mentality"http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mglennon.php" he makes some mental mistakes and challenges traffic at times. Often when trying to protect his body, he will throw balls up for grabs deep downfield.Though I mention dangerous throws and mental errors, Glennon can be observed going through his progressions and looking off defenders. "http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1594747-mike-glennon-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-north-carolina-state-qbBut when all else fails just make stuff up right ? LOLz Fact is Glennon is a smart dude , and if the coaches are coaching him to protect the ball , that is what he's going to do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(1165÷5)×16=3728

The NFL doesn't accept hypothetical stats :PP

So Kaepernicks 1800y last year were just 1800y, absolutly below average, 1000y less than guys like Ponder and Sanchez?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From scouting reports :"Displays a gunslinger mentality"http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mglennon.php" he makes some mental mistakes and challenges traffic at times. Often when trying to protect his body, he will throw balls up for grabs deep downfield.Though I mention dangerous throws and mental errors, Glennon can be observed going through his progressions and looking off defenders. "http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1594747-mike-glennon-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-north-carolina-state-qbBut when all else fails just make stuff up right ? LOLz Fact is Glennon is a smart dude , and if the coaches are coaching him to protect the ball , that is what he's going to do.

Here is a scouting report from someone who has actually been a scout in the NFLhttp://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=36204Glennon does not consistently stride into his throws and this leads to his intermediate (10 - 24 yards) accuracy not being great. He is so risk-averse and will not force throws that he throws the ball away or checks it down very fast, which leads to too many stalled drives as he does this often on third downs when the defense blitzes and gets fast pressure. He must get over this fear of mistakes and be willing to rip some throws in order to keep some drives going. Despite reading the defense well pre-snap, he does not consistently judge the safeties ability to break and close on passes correctly which leads to some of his deep, sideline passes being broken up or intercepted. .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Brad’s scout is correct then Glennon and Schiano are a match made in heaven

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing which really matters in an assessment of Glennon is whether he changes the need for a QB in next year’s draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing which really matters in an assessment of Glennon is whether he changes the need for a QB in next year's draft.

I think this is a good way to look at it. Is Glennon good enough to pass on a top QB. Right now no is my answer but I'm starting to see more people saying yes. Not sure if that is because they really think that or just want a shot at drafting Clowney.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing which really matters in an assessment of Glennon is whether he changes the need for a QB in next year's draft.

I think this is a good way to look at it. Is Glennon good enough to pass on a top QB. Right now no is my answer but I'm starting to see more people saying yes. Not sure if that is because they really think that or just want a shot at drafting Clowney.

my opinion dalbuc, (and it's just mine :) ),  if Glennon is going to get us 160-300 yards passing a game (which seems sporadic, but most qbs have those off games and red hot games), but keeps his td to int ratio better then 2-1, I feel we take the chance on the dlineman to get an effective pass rush (hoping that a new d coordinator comes in to make the d go). I think there are a lot of good pieces there, McCoy, Clayborn, Spence has impressed, David, Revis, and at times Barron, where I believe if we had a better scheme, and a legitimate pass rush threat, so that even if GMC is doubled, somebody else will bring the thunder, that is more important in my opinion then some potential elite qb. especially since qb's seem to be the biggest area of boom or bust coming out of college.--Just seems safer to attempt a dlineman with that high of a pick, but for all intents and purposes, clowney could become the next Gaines Adams just as easily as the next Peppers. So there are risks on either scenario.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly what I was afraid of.  He puts up good stats for a rookie and we pass up a star QB.  You can win with a guy like Glennon, assuming he reaches Brad level, in the regular season but you need a really good D and running game.  You can win with most any decent roster with a legitimate star QB. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly what I was afraid of.  He puts up good stats for a rookie and we pass up a star QB.  You can win with a guy like Glennon, assuming he reaching Brad level, in the regular season but you need a really good D and running game.  You can win with most any decent roster with a legitimate star QB.

But we won with Freeman, and most people say Glennon is better then Freeman, so why not attempt to get a dlineman that can either free up GMC or terrorize the qb himself?--I truly understand the "we can't pass on Brady/Manning/Brees v2.0", but if we won with Freeman.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many qb’s did we pass on while freeman was qb?...yeah, let's not make that mistake again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many qb's did we pass on while freeman was qb?...yeah, let's not make that mistake again.

The football gods are punishing us because we passed on Rodgers, which would have allowed us to have a need to draft Peterson two years later.... Imagine the Bucs with Rodgers and Peterson?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is a scouting report from someone who has actually been a scout in the NFLhttp://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=36204Glennon does not consistently stride into his throws and this leads to his intermediate (10 - 24 yards) accuracy not being great. He is so risk-averse and will not force throws that he throws the ball away or checks it down very fast, which leads to too many stalled drives as he does this often on third downs when the defense blitzes and gets fast pressure. He must get over this fear of mistakes and be willing to rip some throws in order to keep some drives going. Despite reading the defense well pre-snap, he does not consistently judge the safeties ability to break and close on passes correctly which leads to some of his deep, sideline passes being broken up or intercepted. .

And this scouting report seems to be supported by the fact that Glennon had the lowest yards per attempt total of any QB drafted this year. The only QB with a lower ypa to enter the NFL this year was Jeff Tuel. Gunslingers usually don't scrape the bottom of the pool in yards per attempt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im-worse-than.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Delirious the Myopian is mad.In 2011, the only QB to be drafted in the last two seasons that had a worse yards per attempt stat than Glennon was Ryan Nassib. In 2011, Glennon's YPA was 6.7, and Nassib's was 6.5. In 2012, however, Nassib's yards per attempt jumped to 8.0, while Glennon's moderately ticked up to 7.1. Gunslingers don't scrape the bottom of the pool in yards per attempt two seasons in a row. Glennon is not a gunslinger, he is a caretaker, and Delirious is really mad about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL I really don’t give a shlt if he is a gunslinger or not . I care that he is light years better than Freeturd already , and you have no legit argument to contrary.60.3 com % , 1,165 yards , 8 TD's , 3 Int's.Im-worse-than.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL I really don't give a shlt if he is a gunslinger or not . I care that he is light years better than Freeturd already , and you have no legit argument to contrary.60.3 com % , 1,165 yards , 8 TD's , 3 Int's.Im-worse-than.jpg

There is one stat you missed .0000000000%

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is 1000x>FreemanIts quite clear it isn't close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quite clear indeed. To everyone except the idiot comrade. He mad .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His YPA is still worst in the league

Wait - "respectable 6 ypa?" There are 27 QBs who throw it a full yard per attempt further than Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly what I was afraid of.  He puts up good stats for a rookie and we pass up a star QB.  You can win with a guy like Glennon, assuming he reaches Brad level, in the regular season but you need a really good D and running game.  You can win with most any decent roster with a legitimate star QB.

I think this is one reason I'm now in favor of: a) keeping Schiano through the year;b) a total house-cleaning of the front office and coaching staff at the end of the yearI want a new staff to evaluate our players with a new set of eyes, and I don't want their evaluations being confused by some mid-season deck chair changes. This is especially true of Glennon. I was against him in the draft (not just round 3, but in general), but have been mildly surprised. I'm not convinced that he's a bona fide starter, but I am convinced that he can at least be a strong backup in this league. He's especially intriguing because of his price-tag, which allows us to spend more elsewhere. The draft holds some intriguing QB options, though I'm not 100% sold on single one of them yet. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quite clear indeed. To everyone except the idiot comrade. He mad .

My fear is we are looking at Glennon play better than Freeman, and thinking he is the answer. He is not. He is an average to below average QB with a limited ceiling. Potentially he is Brad Johnson, and yes Brad won the Bucs a Super Bowl. But, that was with am all-time great defense - and in today's league that kind of defense simply isn't possible. In the early 2000's you could win with a conservative offense and great defense, you can't now. Glennon looks good for a 3rd round rookie, but not good enough. I worry that we are comparing the garbage that was on the field for the 7 games prior to him starting, and in comparison he looks much better than he is. Also, the kid doesn't win. Like his coach what history has he shown of success in the past. I just don't see it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

0-5

So, this would make Alex Smith the best QB in the league. Got it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon has now thrown 144 passes without an interception. I’ve having trouble finding the stat but I believe that has to be closing in on a rookie record.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Glennon means we’ve found a QB and won’t have to upgrade. What I think it does say though, especially if things continue (he has improved every week, and hasn’t thrown a pick in what? 3 games?) on this arc, I think we have a guy who can win games like Brad Johnson or what Alex Smith has done in KC. If Glennon continues to improve (I want a 300-400 yard game or two, if that’s possible with our receiving core), then I think taking Matthews or Clowney or Mike Evans might be a better pick than a QB.I'm impressed with Glennon. I want to see him with some real coaching though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Baller.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL I really don't give a shlt if he is a gunslinger or not .

Then why do you keep saying that he is? Why do you feel the need to respond whenever anyone rightfully calls out your boy for being a dink and dunk, check down machine? Those aren't the actions of a myopian who doesn't care. Those are the actions of a myopian who's mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK so some people are complaining that Glennon is not a gunslinger.  You do realize there are negatives to being a gunslinger right?  He currently has 8tds to 3 ints.  If he had a gunslinger mentality he would probably have 10-12 tds, but he would also have 10-12 ints.His current stats project (over a 16 game season) to almost exactly the same as Freeman's record breaking year.  The stats people used to justify a 4th year pro as a franchise QB are no longer good enough for a rookie only a year later.                                                                          comp %  td  int  yards  yards/attempt    ratingFreeman (2012)                                                  54.8      27  17  4065        7.3                81.6 Glennon (2013 projected over 16 games)          60.3      26  10  3728        5.7                83.1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK so some people are complaining that Glennon is not a gunslinger.  You do realize there are negatives to being a gunslinger right?  He currently has 8tds to 3 ints.  If he had a gunslinger mentality he would probably have 10-12 tds, but he would also have 10-12 ints.His current stats project (over a 16 game season) to almost exactly the same as Freeman's record breaking year.  The stats people used to justify a 4th year pro as a franchise QB are no longer good enough for a rookie only a year later.                                                                          comp %  td  int  yards  yards/attempt    ratingFreeman (2012)                                                  54.8      27  17  4065        7.3                81.6 Glennon (2013 projected over 16 games)          60.3      26  10  3728        5.7                83.1

The bottom line is at some point Glennon is going to have to attempt to complete difficult passes in order for his team to win a lot of games. As we've seen so far this season, you can't win playing it safe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK so some people are complaining that Glennon is not a gunslinger.  You do realize there are negatives to being a gunslinger right?  He currently has 8tds to 3 ints.  If he had a gunslinger mentality he would probably have 10-12 tds, but he would also have 10-12 ints.

I'm not complaining that he isn't a gunslinger. I'm simply pointing out that he isn't a gunslinger. Delirious is just mad about it. But I think the thing that you may want to consider is that Glennon's low TD to INT ratio has come at the expense of a lack of big plays, especially in the 2nd half when the defenses get into a rhythm and can schematically adjust to our playcalling.

His current stats project (over a 16 game season) to almost exactly the same as Freeman's record breaking year.  The stats people used to justify a 4th year pro as a franchise QB are no longer good enough for a rookie only a year later.                                                                          comp %  td  int  yards  yards/attempt    ratingFreeman (2012)                                                  54.8      27  17  4065        7.3                81.6 Glennon (2013 projected over 16 games)          60.3      26  10  3728        5.7                83.1

First of all, a projection being compared to actual output means nothing. That projection gives Glennon a better rookie season than Andrew Luck had. Luck had the 3rd highest YPA statistic in the league and won 11 games. Glennon has the lowest and has won zero. The stats can say what they want, but when you watch the game, you do not see a QB better than Andrew Luck. You don't even see a QB better than Freeman was in 2012.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then why do you keep saying that he is? Why do you feel the need to respond whenever anyone rightfully calls out your boy for being a dink and dunk, check down machine? Those aren't the actions of a myopian who doesn't care. Those are the actions of a myopian who's mad.

I'm not saying he is or isn't . I simply pointed out his MO coming out of NC State wasn't really of a guy afraid to pull the trigger. Not from the scouting reports I read. You took this simple comment and had yourself a little hissy because you know this criticism is the last leg you have to stand on in your laughable Freeman defense. If you'd actually pay attention to what I've been saying on this board , you'd know that I'm not even sold that Glennon is our QB of the future and that I want to draft another one. However , I am stoked that he is playing as well as he is . I think we now have a guy who can be a solid backup at the least , or possibly even cash-in for a higher draft pick if some other team gets desperate and likes his film . This dink and dunk argument doesn't really matter at this point to anyone except idiots like you who are desperately trying to find something to discredit this kid . The fact that YPA is the best you can do speaks volumes for the rookie. LOLFreeman sucks and he is your Waterloo. Get over it  , and don't take your fail out on Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not saying he is or isn't .

Liar.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CBW’s Waterloo….he mad.Im-worse-than.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that we have to draft BPA, which may be a QB, but I honestly think that in a real QB competiton, that Glennon would be the victor against any rookie QB. That may not be the case the season after next, but I think that Glennon deserves 2 years if he keeps on progressing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that we have to draft BPA, which may be a QB, but I honestly think that in a real QB competiton, that Glennon would be the victor against any rookie QB. That may not be the case the season after next, but I think that Glennon deserves 2 years if he keeps on progressing.

The good news is that this plan might wind up putting us in the hunt for Famous Jameis Winston. The bad news is that we will have to stomach another 16 games of mediocre offensive football before that happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m very impressed with the poise and leadership of the kid

Please wait…

Viewing 97 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.