Viewing 166 reply threads

• Author

• johnnythemoon

Participant

oh well …

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

worst case McCown throws 3 ints and we get pistol whipped again by Falcons …cant wait for that post game conference .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You gotta be shlttin me

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, when Lovie said it will come down to how well they practice this week… and they haven’t practiced…

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Glennon said Lovie and Arroyo said it would be best for the team if  MCCOWN started sunday …

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If this is true, they better try to sell me on Glennon is the guy next year. I’ll be done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You gotta be shlttin me

Called it. [img]http://rapradar.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/50laugh.gif?w=300&h=169[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is a stubborn man…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the worst thing they could do.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

So, when Lovie said it will come down to how well they practice this week... and they haven't practiced...

yea i thought about that ...that Lovie better hope McCown has good game ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a joke of a coach and short-sighted leader.  I no longer live in the TB area, but if I did I’d absolutely cancel my season tickets. 

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

If Glennon is a career backup ok ….Why not get him the reps so that whoever we draft gets hurt he is even more prepared to come in …i mean are they really gonna pickup the 4-5 million option on Mccown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is a career backup ok ....Why not get him the reps so that whoever we draft gets hurt he is even more prepared to come in ...i mean are they really gonna pickup the 4-5 million option on Mccown.

McCown will be back... as the starter.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Boy thats depressing ….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is done in TB… and I actually believe Lovie is going to try and aggressively win with McCown.  I hope we don’t mess up our tank rank. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

giphy.gif#ITSABUCSLIFE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve lost what little faith I had in this coaching staff.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

I've lost what little faith I had in this coaching staff.

Sadly i agree.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, when Lovie said it will come down to how well they practice this week... and they haven't practiced...

Has Smith told the truth about anything this year? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon gives us a better chance to win now.  McCown gives us a better chance at the #1 overall pick.  It’s a no-brainer…..Start McCown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is a stubborn man...

Because it couldn't be that the players agree ...or anything else ... It has to just be "stubborn" Lovie.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Because it couldn't be that the players agree ...or anything else ... It has to just be "stubborn" Lovie.

Mccown has succked for 13 years outside of 2 games ...how much more do they need to see of him ...Glennon has sucked for parts of his first 2 seasons in the league ...If Mccown loses sunday he will have lost as many games as Glennon this year ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon gives us a better chance to win now.  McCown gives us a better chance at the #1 overall pick.  It's a no-brainer.....Start McCown.

I don't know about that man.. I would rather Glennon learning by his mistakes than McClown out there trying to play hero ball. He would probably think a win helps us somehow. This is Lovie trying to save face because he turned over 70% of the roster and the results so far suck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When McCown was named the starter it was a “conspiracy” because Glennon HAD to be the man. Glennon got his chance, didn’t capitalize … and make no mistake, that is on Glennon …so the “conspiracy” returns … and Glennon just needs more time. LolI have always said I just want the best guy to start because I don't think either is great, but what more could Glennon ask for? He had a great opportunity and blew it.  Hope he recovers and goes onto greatness, but it's pretty silly to act like he is some guy who didn't get a fair shake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're right, but nobody can blame him after re-watching Glennon's craptastic performance on Sunday. And the week before that.  And the week...well, you get the point.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

You're right, but nobody can blame him after re-watching Glennon's craptastic performance on Sunday. And the week before that.  And the week...well, you get the point.

Yea your right cause Mccown really tore it up in his 3 games and didnt really get a chance ...Hopefully we can sign McCOWN to a lifetime contract ..i mean he played swell .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon gives us a better chance to win now.  McCown gives us a better chance at the #1 overall pick.  It's a no-brainer.....Start McCown.

I don't know about that man.. I would rather Glennon learning by his mistakes than McClown out there trying to play hero ball. He would probably think a win helps us somehow. This is Lovie trying to save face because he turned over 70% of the roster and the results so far suck.

+1. There's definitely some of that at play here but it's also that most NFL players don't really "tank".  Twenty maybe thirty percent or more of the guys on this team will not even be here next year so they are not going to tank because they are auditioning and loyal to themselves over the team. Another group of guys are just too competitive to tank. So, if you accept that most NFL players don't tank, you could see some players thinking they don't want Glennon at the helm after that Brown game b

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea your right cause Mccown really tore it up in his 3 games and didnt really get a chance ...Hopefully we can sign McCOWN to a lifetime contract ..i mean he played swell .

Your defense of Glennon was to trash McCown. You sort of made Buggsy's point for him, right? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The overwhelming majority on these boards were done with Glennon on Sunday. What’s changed? Who cares? McCown starting isn’t going to change anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t really get it, but who cares, honestly? Glennon had a chance to prove himself and failed by getting worse and worse as the games went on. He played very poorly the past 3 games, and you can’t really play the “everyone around him sucked” excuse because the rest of the team (besides Special Teams) played well against the Browns and he made crucial mistakes and didn’t step up which cost us the game.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

When McCown was named the starter it was a "conspiracy" because Glennon HAD to be the man. Glennon got his chance, didn't capitalize ... and make no mistake, that is on Glennon ...so the "conspiracy" returns ... and Glennon just needs more time. LolI have always said I just want the best guy to start because I don't think either is great, but what more could Glennon ask for? He had a great opportunity and blew it.  Hope he recovers and goes onto greatness, but it's pretty silly to act like he is some guy who didn't get a fair shake.

I'll tell you what Glennon could ask for...................a competent OC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have two crappy QBs. It shouldn’t be surprising that a team returned to the original starter when he was healthy and the back up just played like crap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When McCown was named the starter it was a "conspiracy" because Glennon HAD to be the man. Glennon got his chance, didn't capitalize ... and make no mistake, that is on Glennon ...so the "conspiracy" returns ... and Glennon just needs more time. LolI have always said I just want the best guy to start because I don't think either is great, but what more could Glennon ask for? He had a great opportunity and blew it.  Hope he recovers and goes onto greatness, but it's pretty silly to act like he is some guy who didn't get a fair shake.

Like McCown has?While you were watching the Browns game in your Glennon onesy did you see those open receivers? You know, the guys who were open as a result of the incompetent OC's play call .. did you see Glennon miss them time and time again?  Maybe the stuffed giraffe was in the way?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The overwhelming majority on these boards were done with Glennon on Sunday. What's changed? Who cares? McCown starting isn't going to change anything.

This is kind of where I'm at.Who cares.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t even care at this point. Just give me a top pick and let us finally have a franchise qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't even care at this point. Just give me a top pick and let us finally have a franchise qb.

You won't get that with McClown going all out, diving head first for yards trying to get a win we dont need.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Like McCown has?While you were watching the Browns game in your Glennon onesy did you see those open receivers? You know, the guys who were open as a result of the incompetent OC's play call .. did you see Glennon miss them time and time again?  Maybe the stuffed giraffe was in the way?

Why would we care anything about McCown, he's older than you?  This is really dumb.  McCown has proven that he puts us in a better positions to fail.  Maybe we are trying to fail.  Also, McCown's vast experience should help him more without a proper OC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't even care at this point. Just give me a top pick and let us finally have a franchise qb.

Based on the free agents brought in this year I'm not even confident we will get our QB situation solved next year. Our luck we will get our pick of either  Jameis or Mariotta and wind up choosing the RGIII of the 2015 draft. Somebody else will get Luck. This team is cursed when it comes to QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon gives us a .0001% better chance to win now.  McCown gives us a .0001% better chance at the #1 overall pick.  It's a no-brainer.....Start McCown.

Fixed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they screw this up somehow, I’ll lose my mind… I’ll honestly go bat shlt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You won't get that with McClown going all out, diving head first for yards trying to get a win we dont need.

McCown also makes dumber decisions than Glennon (see Panthers game), so I think they both put us in a pretty good spot to lose. Not really sure if one gives us a better shot than the other. They both aren't any good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think I’m going to watch Sunday the lack of direction this team has is **** with Lovie,  please just fire him and promote Arroyo to head coach. I kinda want it to be the first time in history a qb coach became a OC and HC in the same season

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Your defense of Glennon was to trash McCown. You sort of made Buggsy's point for him, right?

Buddy i dont care if they bench Glennon but i would rather start Kafka than McCown...starting a 13 year washed up bum who played like a pop warner qb in his 3 starts doesnt help the team at all ....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown also makes dumber decisions than Glennon (see Panthers game), so I think they both put us in a pretty good spot to lose. Not really sure if one gives us a better shot than the other. They both aren't any good.

They better not fuck this up. Thats all I ask. I want Jameis or Marcus more than I want anyone else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sure Lovie wants to give his guy a chance to show he isn’t as bad as his first couple games indicate. I don’t see any reason for an uproar, neither guy instills a ton of confidence. At least the old guy plays like he has a pair. I think it should go Mccown,Glennon, Mccown, Glennon, Kafka, just for the hilarity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why would we care anything about McCown, he's older than you?  This is really dumb.  McCown has proven that he puts us in a better positions to fail.  Maybe we are trying to fail.  Also, McCown's vast experience should help him more without a proper OC.

You love Glennon but can't stop talking about McCown. Telling isn't it? Seems you should be calling up all the evidence that Glennon deserves to start ... But you're not, you're telling us why McCown doesn't deserve to start. So basically your saying your guy sucks, but not as bad as the other guy. Lol. Are you Glennon's agent?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you are worrying McCown is good enough to win us more games than we would have normally , don't .tearsofmccown.0.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fans will be chanting TEBOW soon. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buddy i dont care if they bench Glennon but i would rather start Kafka than McCown...starting a 13 year washed up bum who played like a pop warner qb in his 3 starts doesnt help the team at all ....

And Kafka would? Lol

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

You love Glennon but can't stop talking about McCown. Telling isn't it? Seems you should be calling up all the evidence that Glennon deserves to start ... But you're not, you're telling us why McCown doesn't deserve to start. So basically your saying your guy sucks, but not as bad as the other guy. Lol. Are you Glennon's agent?

You love Mccown and think he gives us a better chance to win hope you and lovie are right ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They better not (censored) this up. Thats all I ask. I want Jameis or Marcus more than I want anyone else.

I'm with ya man. I thought there was a chance Glennon could be a solid QB, but I'm done with him after Sunday. I'm down for a top 3 pick and a stud QB to get this team and franchise back on track.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Honeslty, I just want us to lose at this point and lose bad.  I have seen enough of the Lovie regime to know it going to evolve with the game of football.  The only hope I have is to lose out and start over.  We are playing the 1992 Cowboys with a team from Bedrock every week. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you are worrying McCown is good enough to win us more games than we would have normally , don't .tearsofmccown.0.gif

That's the crazy thing, some are saying McCown sucks while also worrying that he will win games. Lol. What the hell does that say about Glennon.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

And Kafka would? Lol

I dont know if KAFKA would ...but how many games did McCOWN Win ? was his QBR ,QB Rating or wins more than Glennon ?  Who Averaged more turnovers in their Starts ? ...i just go by facts and the fact is McCown has sucked for 13 years and never held a Qb job in the NFl loner than 12 games .....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honeslty, I just want us to lose at this point and lose bad.  I have seen enough of the Lovie regime to know it going to evolve with the game of football.  The only hope I have is to lose out and start over.  We are playing the 1992 Cowboys with a team from Bedrock every week.

Then you should be happy McCown is starting because you say he is clearly inferior to Glennon, right?

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Then you should be happy McCown is starting because you say he is clearly inferior to Glennon, right?

This decision is another in a long line of decisions over the past 9 mos. that demonstrate that Lovie is not a good coach.  We lose either way, this just confirms our plan to tank as a franchise. Great I guess.  Somone posted it last week and it was so true.  I will never root against Tampa during the game but at this point I am not unhappy if we lose.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

My thoughts on this are “who gives a crap”?  I haven’t given a crap about this team since they hired Raheem Morris in 2009.  I do like watching them lose now though, and they rarely disappoint!    Both Glennon and McCown are crap QB’s.  Glennon is far better than loser McCown, but he’s nothing special.  The Falcons are going to romp all over the Bucs anyway.  If the Bucs had any brains (which they do not), they would sign Tebow and start him.bucs-fan-put-in-tebow.jpg(Java was right all along....)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown = team intentionally tanking because to think otherwise would to say 10lb was wrong. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My thoughts on this are "who gives a crap"?  I haven't given a crap about this team since they hired Raheem Morris in 2009.  I do like watching them lose now though, and they rarely disappoint!    Both Glennon and McCown are crap QB's.  Glennon is far better than loser McCown, but he's nothing special.  The Falcons are going to romp all over the Bucs anyway.  If the Bucs had any brains (which they do not), they would sign Tebow and start him.bucs-fan-put-in-tebow.jpg(Java was right all along....)

Java is a damn genius .  Only thing he was ever wrong on is Princess Ruud.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i used to be a Glennon supporter but after watching not being able to command the offense even when the line gives him time i doubt he’s the future…not saying McCown is better but why not go with the older QB..who knows maybe he learned something while he was on the bench the last 4 or 5 weeks..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon apperantly outsucked McCown.It was too close to call from my couch.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Falcons are happy …..Their Cornerbacks run great routes …….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The overwhelming majority on these boards were done with Glennon on Sunday. What's changed? Who cares? McCown starting isn't going to change anything.

This is kind of where I'm at.Who cares.

LMAO at the board jester. He mad!!! ;D ;D ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith just devalued Glennon and hurt himself.  Just expect the worst and you are never disappointed with this team.  Nothing left to root for except the highest draft position they can get. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t give 2 shidtz about who starts…actually I do….put in Kafka!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where is Sean Glennon’s tweet at?!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My thoughts on this are "who gives a crap"?  I haven't given a crap about this team since they hired Raheem Morris in 2009.  I do like watching them lose now though, and they rarely disappoint!    Both Glennon and McCown are crap QB's.  Glennon is far better than loser McCown, but he's nothing special.  The Falcons are going to romp all over the Bucs anyway.  If the Bucs had any brains (which they do not), they would sign Tebow and start him.bucs-fan-put-in-tebow.jpg(Java was right all along....)

Tebow is such a great QB he's locked up by what team again? Freeman is a better QB and he's available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where is Sean Glennon's tweet at?!

courtesy of Gil Arcia on Twitter:https://twitter.com/GilArciaTBC/status/529746475975471104/photo/1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just give throw cold water on Freeman’s face, give him a cup of coffee and let him sling it to EvansCan't be any worse than this

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Glennon is a career backup, but no idea what playing McCown accomplishes. And if it hurts the #Bucs draft position it’s the wrong move.” – Evan Silvahttps://twitter.com/evansilva/status/529798509881335808This is my fear right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown probably looks better in practice and Glennon hasn’t been looking good in games.Too bad McCown looks like crap when he's actually in a game situation though. Anyways, the main thing is that neither of them wins a game. I don't want to deal with a QB situation this terrible again for a long time. I want to draft a good QB #1-#3 overall, and then watch them win us a couple of Superbowls over the next 10+ years. Then I want to draft another good QB when they retire.

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

Yikes! Glennon never really took a step forward while he was the starter…but at least he never took 5 steps back like mccown. I would rather watch our offense do nothing then be completely shut down with mccown. Can’t wait to see what laughable turnovers he can create this weekend. #itsasuckslife

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

McCown = team intentionally tanking because to think otherwise would to say 10lb was wrong. Lol

McCown needs more time............soon, he will be ready to lead us to success. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the best news we could have received. I fully support McCown starting every single game we have left this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just give throw cold water on Freeman's face, give him a cup of coffee and let him sling it to EvansCan't be any worse than this

Lol, true. That coke head could throw a deep jump ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just give throw cold water on Freeman's face, give him a cup of coffee and let him sling it to EvansCan't be any worse than this

Lol, true. That coke head could throw a deep jump ball.

Not anymore:http://www.nflrush.com/video/giants/6325

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

2010 Freeman would be leading the league in passing yards and TDs with this group of dunkaneers. He was excellent at extending plays and throwing deep jump balls. Too bad that version of Freeman does not exist anymore. As far as McCown starting over Glennon, I have several emotions. The first and strongest is indifference. I really just do not care at this point, and I think most fans feel the same way. I personally do not think either guy changes our odds of winning or losing. I would start Kafka just in case though. We need to finish 1-15 for many reasons. What does bother me is that we did not trade Glennon before the deadline. If this regime does not believe in him, then why keep him? Why not get a decent 2015 draft pick for him? If Glennon was in the future plans of this regime, then starting McCown again and benching Glennon has zero logic. McCown was brought in for one reason. He was suppose to be a short term veteran that could help us win right away. That train has left the station though, so putting him back in now is ridiculous and serves no purpose...which unfortunately matches the theme of everything else this regime has done since taking over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Free could certainly throw the deep ball ….[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7874164480/h41610AFF/[/img]

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

2010 Freeman would be leading the league in passing yards and TDs with this group of dunkaneers. He was excellent at extending plays and throwing deep jump balls. Too bad that version of Freeman does not exist anymore. As far as McCown starting over Glennon, I have several emotions. The first and strongest is indifference. I really just do not care at this point, and I think most fans feel the same way. I personally do not think either guy changes our odds of winning or losing. I would start Kafka just in case though. We need to finish 1-15 for many reasons. What does bother me is that we did not trade Glennon before the deadline. If this regime does not believe in him, then why keep him? Why not get a decent 2015 draft pick for him? If Glennon was in the future plans of this regime, then starting McCown again and benching Glennon has zero logic. McCown was brought in for one reason. He was suppose to be a short term veteran that could help us win right away. That train has left the station though, so putting him back in now is ridiculous and serves no purpose...which unfortunately matches the theme of everything else this regime has done since taking over.

I agree ..first i am 100pct for drafting a qb next year but i would of rather they kept glennon in but maybe they think his trade value is going down by playing....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even if McCown throws for 3TDs and runs for 2 more and we shut the Falcons out..... what good is this move? We are 1-7, looking at 1-8. No playoffs, no prize... The best we could've hoped for is for Glennon to have a few good games and increase his trade value in doing so.... But now, even that scenario has been turned into a distant fantasy thanks to Lovie Smith.I have to say, even as a fan who has remained optimistic through the Raheem years and most of Greg Schiano's tenure, Lovie Smith's decision making has made me scratch my head bald this season. I just don't see it....whatever it is that this guy thinks he sees.... I just don't see it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No need to post this in every Glennon vs McCown thread. I think most of us read PFT as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree ..first i am 100pct for drafting a qb next year but i would of rather they kept glennon in but maybe they think his trade value is going down by playing....

i posted this very thought yesterday

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No need to post this in every Glennon vs McCown thread. I think most of us read PFT as well.

Glad you read it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

haha.....was about to post the exact same thing!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even if McCown throws for 3TDs and runs for 2 more and we shut the Falcons out..... what good is this move? We are 1-7, looking at 1-8. No playoffs, no prize... The best we could've hoped for is for Glennon to have a few good games and increase his trade value in doing so.... But now, even that scenario has been turned into a distant fantasy thanks to Lovie Smith.I have to say, even as a fan who has remained optimistic through the Raheem years and most of Greg Schiano's tenure, Lovie Smith's decision making has made me scratch my head bald this season. I just don't see it....whatever it is that this guy thinks he sees.... I just don't see it.

It's pretty easy to see.  Lovie hit the reset on his original plan.  He didn't want to start Glennon, but McCown's injury forced the issue.  We're back to Glennon being mentored by McCown, his guy.Man, I wish Amendment 2 passed...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t care who starts. I really don’t. I don’t really get the “let the kid play and see what he’s got”. We’ve seen him for 18 games. We know what he is and what he isn’t. Lovie doesn’t give two shites about your desire for Marcus Mariotta or crab legs. He needs to keep this team engaged and believing in the message and the best way to do that is win some games. He came into the season believing Josh McCown was the better QB and the Giraffe hasn’t really done a whole lot to change his mind. Make no mistake, this isn’t on Lovie. Glennon had every opportunity to take a stranglehold on this job and end the debate for good. He failed. Now Lovie is going back to the guy he believes in. Not surprised at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's pretty easy to see.  Lovie hit the reset on his original plan.  He didn't want to start Glennon, but McCown's injury forced the issue.  We're back to Glennon being mentored by McCown, his guy.Man, I wish Amendment 2 passed...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lovie Smith's original plan was based on "winning now". That didnt happen. Whats easy to see? For me two things:1.) We are no longer in win now mode2.) Glennon is not the future QB of this franchise

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Starting mccown is smart. This way we'll have a chance at mariota or winston for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lovie Smith's original plan was based on "winning now". That didnt happen. Whats easy to see? For me two things:1.) We are no longer in win now mode2.) Glennon is not the future QB of this franchise

Win now was out the window before McCown banged up his thumb.  But, Charles Sims is back, an football starts in November!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.) We are no longer in win now mode

Completely disagree

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Starting mccown is smart. This way we'll have a chance at mariota or winston for sure.

Watch the Bucs will not be drafting, Mariota or Winston..instead they will trade for Jimmy Garoppolo..Bucs will probably send Glennon and a 2nd pick for Jimmy

Please wait…

• wesleyc

Both have been pretty awful this year and neither are looking like they’ll be in our plans going forward. Ultimately this move probably doesn’t matter, my only hope is that Mccown doesn’t stumble into a win or two and put us out of contention for one of the top QBs with the season already over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch the Bucs will not be drafting, Mariota or Winston..instead they will trade for Jimmy Garoppolo..Bucs will probably send Glennon and a 2nd pick for Jimmy

I'd be happy with this.  I wanted them to draft Garoppolo in the second round anyway. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has fallen and he can’t get up. What is he thinking?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What anyone thinks about Glennon as a starter is irrelevant, the fact is he has a future in this league and McCown does not. Even if that future is as a backup, he still could benefit from more experience. The season is lost, there's not one bit of logic behind starting McCown. The Glazers are crazy if they let Lovie control our personnel going forward.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mic, we sorta tried that before with Raheem and I dont really wanna do that again. Although Im all for bringing in a real coach……God knows Lovies gonna blow our pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree 100% with Escobar. This is senseless and made even worse by the fact that Drago clearly didn’t earn the job based on his play to start the year.  Glennon for all his flaws has been much better than Drago. This feels like Lovie just being stupid because that guy was the “starter” as if that really means anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is much better and deserves to be the starter (despite recent performance) then he will be back soon, after we have another loss or two. So, what's the big deal?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree 100% with Escobar. This is senseless and made even worse by the fact that Drago clearly didn't earn the job based on his play to start the year.  Glennon for all his flaws has been much better than Drago. This feels like Lovie just being stupid because that guy was the "starter" as if that really means anything.

Funny , this wasn't the tone you were taking while Glennon was starting , nitpicking every negative you could find, even after the games Glennon played pretty well like New Orleans, to tell us how horrible Glennon is . LOLNow you want him back in . Interesting stance.  LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even both Qb are not the best I would rather see Glennon.I also think no coach will play for the next draft, especially Love. He wants a better result than shiano last year.What is left for me watching the next game?Waiting for a good play of #12 or things I can laugh about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even noch Qb are not the best I would rather see Glennon.I also think no coach will play for the next, especially Love. He wants a better result than shiano last year.What is left for me watching the next game?Waiting for a good play of #12 or things I can laugh about.

Rooting for losses so we can get the High Flying Hawaiian !!

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

I love how Lovie knew Glennon had a radio show and let him announce it …..I agree with T-kRASS i am really worried about Lovie mentally .

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

Completely disagree

+1We didn't trade VJax, Martin, or Glennon because Lovie still thinks we can win now. There is no chance of Lovie packing it in and looking to the future. He will be in win now mode even if we are 1-14 in our final game vs the Saints. He believes McCown can win now and that is the only reason he is putting him back in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love how Lovie knew Glennon had a radio show and let him announce it .....I agree with T-kRASS i am really worried about Lovie mentally .

Why won't Lovie just say it ?? It's ridiculous . It's not like he's fooling the other team by being coy with the media.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This whole thing is a joke, really. Lovie is a joke of a coach and is either absolutely clueless or a pathological liar. What is the end game here? Do you believe McCown is still a better QB? Are you trying to lose? I just don’t see a scenario where McCown over Glennon is the right move. You either love Glennon and want to give him the rest of the year to play and show us something or you think he’s a back and again, you give him the rest of the year to play and learn to be a decent back up while simultaneously securing us a high draft pick.He says the decision gives us the best chance to win this weekend, well that isn't what you said about Barron so which is Lovie?A large majority were fully behind Lovie Smith 6 months ago, I'd be surprised if a large majority still liked the hire. He looks like one of the worst coaches in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love how Lovie knew Glennon had a radio show and let him announce it .....I agree with T-kRASS i am really worried about Lovie mentally .

Why won't Lovie just say it ?? It's ridiculous . It's not like he's fooling the other team by being coy with the media.

He also tried to freeze the kicker, even tho' that doesn't work... cost him 3 points they could have used in the end.  He's just a stubborn man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has Smith told the truth about anything this year?

Sure he has.He said McCown was qb1 on the depth chart from the start.Doesn't mean Lovie is smart, just means he is following his "plan", not sure what the plan is though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even noch Qb are not the best I would rather see Glennon.I also think no coach will play for the next, especially Love. He wants a better result than shiano last year.What is left for me watching the next game?Waiting for a good play of #12 or things I can laugh about.

Rooting for losses so we can get the High Flying Hawaiian !!

I didn't know Gregory is a Hawaiian? :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This whole thing is a joke, really. Lovie is a joke of a coach and is either absolutely clueless or a pathological liar. What is the end game here? Do you believe McCown is still a better QB? Are you trying to lose? I just don't see a scenario where McCown over Glennon is the right move. You either love Glennon and want to give him the rest of the year to play and show us something or you think he's a back and again, you give him the rest of the year to play and learn to be a decent back up while simultaneously securing us a high draft pick.He says the decision gives us the best chance to win this weekend, well that isn't what you said about Barron so which is Lovie?A large majority were fully behind Lovie Smith 6 months ago, I'd be surprised if a large majority still liked the hire. He looks like one of the worst coaches in the league.

Sadly, cue Denny Green.... "He is who we thought he was, Crown Lovie's Ass"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This. With Glennon starting I'd have picked us to win this one. With McCown throwing fade away jumpers, not so much. Watch Lovie take a DE and not a QB with that top 3 pick too.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I'd be happy with this.  I wanted them to draft Garoppolo in the second round anyway.

Jimmy G is going to be garbage in this league.  Please, make it stop.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

All we need to do is send Glennon and McCown some sugar free gummy bears a few hours before the game.http://www.amazon.com/review/R1JISL51M4FG0D/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008JELLCA&nodeID=16310101&store=groceryhttp://www.amazon.com/review/R2U1KVCGTGD0HN/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B006J1FBLM&nodeID=16310101&store=grocery

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, this is definitely a win now move on Lovie’s part. Luckily for us so far Lovie has proven to be clueless

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully, it will sink in to Lovies coconut skull that you can’t win without a decent QB and he takes the first step toward fixing that problem. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Part of me wants to believe that this is part of a master plan… that McCown would actually be WILLING to intentionally lose football games, because his career is pretty much over anyway. He’s getting paid, what does he care? Part of me really wants to believe the organization is on board with tanking. Unfortunately, I am certain this is not the case =(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, this is definitely a win now move on Lovie's part.

Absolutely

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Completely disagree

+1We didn't trade VJax, Martin, or Glennon because Lovie still thinks we can win now. There is no chance of Lovie packing it in and looking to the future. He will be in win now mode even if we are 1-14 in our final game vs the Saints. He believes McCown can win now and that is the only reason he is putting him back in.

I don't know guys. For a defensive coach like Lovie Smith to trade his starting safety for draft picks.... it seems like he is looking towards the future. And yes, we didn't trade the players you listed... but I think that has more to do with the compensation we were being offered than us being in 'win-now mode' due to the fact that VJax and Martin were actively being shopped before the trade deadline. Hopefully we can still unload them next spring and get some kind of compensation for them though.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

IMO, this is definitely a win now move on Lovie's part.

Absolutely.  My strategy to fire Gruden hasn't exactly worked out like I planned.  The team sucks far worse now and still has the mindset of trying to win now with a mediocre to poor QB.  At least with Gruden the Bucs were a competitive NFL team.    I wish they could bring him back.

First time you ever made any sense.  Good post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least with Gruden Kiffin the Bucs were a competitive NFL team. 

FIFY

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…as if coordinators were important…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Part of me wants to believe that this is part of a master plan... that McCown would actually be WILLING to intentionally lose football games, because his career is pretty much over anyway. He's getting paid, what does he care? Part of me really wants to believe the organization is on board with tanking. Unfortunately, I am certain this is not the case =(

I want to believe that's the case. Maybe they told mccown they'll keep him around for the rook.

Please wait…

• ronknight99

Participant

MCclown sucks and so does Mike Glennon, but Glennon is much better than the 35 year old journeyman.  Lovie its a reason why Mccown was a back up his whole career.  This upcoming draft we need a quarterback first round.  The two quaterbacks that is elite prospect is the qb out of oregan and Winston.  Watched both guys, I think mariota is better in other system than tampa more of a west style passing offense suits him.  Tampa runs more of a traditional system with qb under the center and in the shotgun.  We have vertical receivers and a slot possession receiver is needed.  Jameis Winston shoud be a buc next year, if he is off the board Gregory from Nebraska should be the pick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could find 3 DL and a OT I would take over Randy Gregory right now. I don’t get the hype.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree 100% with Escobar. This is senseless and made even worse by the fact that Drago clearly didn't earn the job based on his play to start the year.  Glennon for all his flaws has been much better than Drago. This feels like Lovie just being stupid because that guy was the "starter" as if that really means anything.

Funny , this wasn't the tone you were taking while Glennon was starting , nitpicking every negative you could find, even after the games Glennon played pretty well like New Orleans, to tell us how horrible Glennon is . LOLNow you want him back in . Interesting stance.  LOL

He's our best shot at 1-15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with our luck, McCown now becomes the McCown that existed for about 5 or 6 games in Chicago. We’ll win 4 of the remaining games.  :'(#ItsABucsLife

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Memory is short on some….McCown looked horrendous when he started here. He didn’t even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 10 yards let alone complete one. When both QBs stink, you always go with the younger one. At least he has a chance to improve. McCown will be retired next year. Glennon could be a serviceable backup for this team for a long time.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

Memory is short on some....McCown looked horrendous when he started here. He didn't even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 10 yards let alone complete one. When both QBs stink, you always go with the younger one. At least he has a chance to improve. McCown will be retired next year. Glennon could be a serviceable backup for this team for a long time.

They don't want to tank Glennon's stock into the toilet. Playing McCown is a safe move. Either way the results would be the same as far as our record goes.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

with our luck, McCown now becomes the McCown that existed for about 5 or 6 games in Chicago. We'll win 4 of the remaining games.  :'(#ItsABucsLife

Oh you know this is our destiny. I would put money on it. Then maybe we can pass on a QB all together and stick with McCown as our 2015 starter because he looked good.  :-[

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

McCown was 5-12 with a pick six last time vs. Atlanta.  Atlanta hasn’t shown any sign of life since then and are truly the least talented defense we will face in quite some time.  For any starter it’s almost impossible to lose to Atlanta they are that bad.  McCown will find a way to lose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Memory is short on some....McCown looked horrendous when he started here. He didn't even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 10 yards let alone complete one. When both QBs stink, you always go with the younger one. At least he has a chance to improve. McCown will be retired next year. Glennon could be a serviceable backup for this team for a long time.

They don't want to tank Glennon's stock into the toilet. Playing McCown is a safe move. Either way the results would be the same as far as our record goes.

So they don't want to play Glennon because that will expose his shortcommings and they are looking to trade him??? Brilliant idea. How'd that work out for Josh Freeman and his agent when they didn't want him to play the week following his debacle on SNF for the Vikings and Giants where he developed concussion-like symptoms after not taking a hit?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

anyone else have the feeling Lovie is going to pass on a franchise QB with our top pick next year and try shoving another round of McCown crap sandwich down our throats?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

anyone else have the feeling Lovie is going to pass on a franchise QB with our top pick next year and try shoving another round of McCown crap sandwich down our throats?

He's sticking to that plan...

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

How insane is it that the Falcons are 2-6 and unanimously considered one of the worst teams in the NFL this season….and yet they stomped us 56-14?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's our best shot at 1-15

I disagree... Kafka is our best shot at 1-15.An experienced vet is our best shot at winning a game or 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no conspiracy on why Lovie chose McCown.  He truly believes McCown gives them the best chance to win this week.  Lovie needs to win now.  He doesn’t care about draft position, or next year.  He’s a head coach on a 1-7 team with a current 4 game losing streak.  This team continues to lose, he WILL lose the locker room, if he hasn’t already.  That is all he cares about and should care about right now.  If he continues to preach his style of football and tell players “do it this way and we’ll be successful” and all that results are losses, then no one will continue to buy in.  For the fans that want a high draft pick, that's great, keep losing.  For the head coach, if he somehow gets another year after 1-15 or 2-14, players are just going to be apathetic and roll their eyes next season as Lovie again tries to coach his style and convince them it's successful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no conspiracy on why Lovie chose McCown.  He truly believes McCown gives them the best chance to win this week.  Lovie needs to win now. 

Yep

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sure players are having these same conversations. McCown led us to that horrendous loss last time he started, here’s to hoping he can do it again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with our luck, McCown now becomes the McCown that existed for about 5 or 6 games in Chicago. We'll win 4 of the remaining games.  :'(#ItsABucsLife

Oh you know this is our destiny. I would put money on it. Then maybe we can pass on a QB all together and stick with McCown as our 2015 starter because he looked good.  :-[

if that happens, they better change the Buccaneer customer support number to the suicide hotline.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

depends on how the season plays out.  if it goes the way most of us think, he will have no choice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie and Licht are putting all their chips in on McCown.I hope they are right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie and Licht are putting all their chips in on McCown.I hope they are right.

why?  you want another year of McCown?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Passing on the top QB for that??? That will be the last time I get kicked in the ass from this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve never been a bigger Falcons fan in my life. We do not need McCown winning games. We do not need to jump up the draft board with meaningless wins and we do not need Lovie having reasons to justify giving McCown another year of starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've never been a bigger Falcons fan in my life. We do not need McCown winning games. We do not need to jump up the draft board with meaningless wins and we do not need Lovie having reasons to justify giving McCown another year of starts.

I'd like to add, we do not need Lovie giving the Glazers any reason to justify keeping his own worthless ass next year.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Glennon in his 5 starts had 1 win …2 games went to OT where the offense never had the ball other than the one play ASJ fumbled  .. one loss was a Blowout loss to the Ravens ..the other was last week at Cleveland which was his worst game but they still had the ball at 37 with 2 minutes left and chose not to run on 3 plays with a yard to go  ….So by Lovie changing QBS as it gives us the best chance to win , we are a lock to win this Sunday …..

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

So they don't want to play Glennon because that will expose his shortcommings and they are looking to trade him??? Brilliant idea. How'd that work out for Josh Freeman and his agent when they didn't want him to play the week following his debacle on SNF for the Vikings and Giants where he developed concussion-like symptoms after not taking a hit?

Ouch you're lumping Freeman and Glennon together? Not sure how that connect fits but WOW dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is really nothing McCown has done to justify playing him. When he played he was gawd awful. He offers not future. Glennon has undeniably not played well but none of McCown’s games were as good as Glwnnon’s worst game. Drago has no future and while I don’t think Glennon does he still might and some chance is better than no chance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon in his 5 starts had 1 win ...2 games went to OT where the offense never had the ball other than the one play ASJ fumbled  .. one loss was a Blowout loss to the Ravens ..the other was last week at Cleveland which was his worst game but they still had the ball at 37 with 2 minutes left and chose not to run on 3 plays with a yard to go  ....So by Lovie changing QBS as it gives us the best chance to win , we are a lock to win this Sunday .....

That's my fear

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Passing on the top QB for that??? That will be the last time I get kicked in the ass from this team.

I'm saying it now, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the early odds from Vegas, the game was a “pick.”After the QB change, Alt has been established as a 1 pt favorite.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is much better and deserves to be the starter (despite recent performance) then he will be back soon, after we have another loss or two. So, what's the big deal?

Lovie would look even more inept if he went back to Glennon yet again. Unless McCown gets injured there's no way Glennon sees the field again this season, making the switch again would provide further proof that Lovie needs to be let go.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Lovie would look even more inept if he went back to Glennon yet again. Unless McCown gets injured there's no way Glennon sees the field again this season, making the switch again would provide further proof that Lovie needs to be let go.

If McCown flops ...Lovie will have a long way back to convince fans he knows what he is doing .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Memory is short on some....McCown looked horrendous when he started here. He didn't even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 10 yards let alone complete one.

would you not agree that the offense is playing better now than they did the first few games....mainly the o-line?I'm not defending McCown because i don't want either of them under center but dude was getting pummeled those first few weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just read the article – where he is surprised.  That is stunning, makes you think he isn’t watching the tape.  Honestly I was good with him starting.  I really want a top qb in the draft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Memory is short on some....McCown looked horrendous when he started here. He didn't even ATTEMPT a pass longer than 10 yards let alone complete one.

would you not agree that the offense is playing better now than they did the first few games....mainly the o-line?I'm not defending McCown because i don't want either of them under center but dude was getting pummeled those first few weeks.

That's my fear... he'll put it together with better OL play and the defense is already playing better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect it, actually. I need a QB to play in place of Luck in my bullsh*t league….i’m picking up McCown and will play him instead of Flacco.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect it, actually. I need a QB to play in place of Luck in my bullsh*t league....i'm picking up McCown and will play him instead of Flacco.

So you'll finally cheer for our QB for one week? Hahahaha

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I expect it, actually. I need a QB to play in place of Luck in my bullsh*t league....i'm picking up McCown and will play him instead of Flacco.

McCown doesn't have him to win or even do well in Tampa.  He is terrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know, it actually makes sense to go back to Glennon if they keep losing. As it stands they aren't technically out of it yet, since the nfc south sucks. The vet thinks he has something to prove, so Lovie throws him back in to see if it sparks something. If it doesn't you may as well let the younger guy play it out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i expect a high scoring game.....and it's not like we're running the ball with consistency.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i expect a high scoring game.....and it's not like we're running the ball with consistency.

You would have had a better chance with Glennon... McClown won't throw the ball past 10 yards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i disagree….dude will light it up and tick me off!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i disagree....dude will light it up and tick me off!!

I doubt he'll light it up but I'm sure he'll tick you off. Probably end up winning a defensive struggle. Lovie ball !!!! We'll see tho

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

*yawn*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is my fear as well.  There is little, if any, long term advantage in positive outcomes at this point. 

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

McCown will have to play great for Bucs to win as Atlanta will score pts vs this Defense .

Please wait…

Viewing 166 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.