Viewing 51 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

what do you think?(maybe just about Free)

Please wait…

• PewterBlitz

Participant

I think any moron should’ve been able to see the tremendous amount of dicks freeturd sucks and any one else ( including me ) would probably play better ( probably not ).

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

Solid? Solid?153.2 passer rating in the first half is a heckuva lot better than "solid".

Please wait…

• WC-Bucs fan

Participant

Glennon is on fire, especially considering we are playing @ Seattle. I was a Free believer, and I am now proud to have been wrong. Good call by Schiano on making that move early.

Please wait…

• Ramonb

Participant

Glennon is gonna be legit in the NFL.  I think he is a better bet to be a franchise QB than anyone coming out in the draft aside from Bridgewater.  Ppl cant seem to get past the 3rd round pick part, and are missing a guy that has alot of potential as a tremendous pocket passer.  Lets not forget, this is his 5th start.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Solid? Solid?153.2 passer rating in the first half is a heckuva lot better than "solid".

true, but I meant overall, since he took over

Please wait…

• Hate

Participant

Free was garbage, even when he played well. Dude lacks ‘it’….even Ray Charles could see that!!

Please wait…

• Feel Real Good

Participant

I don’t think there should be any question Freeman had to go.

Please wait…

• RogerGoodellSucks

Participant

Yep. Looking like I was wrong. Props to Schiano for recognizing it. Glennon looks awesome out there against probably the best competition in the league.

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

Glennon had Underwood for six. Gotta catch that ball, Tiquan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon had Underwood for six. Gotta catch that ball, Tiquan.

+1

Please wait…

• Ramonb

Participant

Its his 5th friggin start…if he had been a 1st round pick, ppl would be salivating about his future.

Please wait…

• Hate

Participant

Its his 5th friggin start...if he had been a 1st round pick, ppl would be salivating about his future.

Not this fan. In today's nfl, your QB has to be special, not average.

Please wait…

• Ramonb

Participant

I think the special part is on the way for glennon….he needs a real coaching staff

Please wait…

• gone

Participant

Its his 5th friggin start...if he had been a 1st round pick, ppl would be salivating about his future.

Guy has been getting better every week, and those deep balls are his main weakness.  And those have been creeping closer to target each week as well.  He's still playing very cautious ball out there, he needs to loosen up a bit.  Too much focus on not screwing up, not enough on making plays.  Needs to trust himself more.  But the potential is definitely there by reasonable standards.  He's just playing a different style of ball than the guys who make the big plays but big mistakes when they are rookies.  Not much highlight reel stuff.

Please wait…

• threadkiller

Participant

To the OP, Schiano is only “right” if Glennon wins more games then Freeman would have.  Had we not drafted Mike and treated Josh like a real starter would be treated though camps and preseason.  Very hard to argue the point that this team would be 0-8 right now had that been the case.  I will completely agree that our franchise is better off with Josh gone and giving Mike a chance to show what he has.  But that is a completely different discussion imo, then saying Greg was “right” to do what he did with our quarterbacks.  It's like this:  Let's say Greg Schiano breaks into my house tonight and rapes me.  As he's climbing back out of my window a million dollar bill falls out of his pocket.  Obviously he's not coming back for the money, so I'm "better off" with the money, but he's still not "right" for raping me. 

Please wait…

• gone

Participant

To the OP, Schiano is only "right" if Glennon wins more games then Freeman would have.  Had we not drafted Mike and treated Josh like a real starter would be treated though camps and preseason.  Very hard to argue the point that this team would be 0-8 right now had that been the case.  I will completely agree that our franchise is better off with Josh gone and giving Mike a chance to show what he has.  But that is a completely different discussion imo, then saying Greg was "right" to do what he did with our quarterbacks.  It's like this:  Let's say Greg Schiano breaks into my house tonight and rapes me.  As he's climbing back out of my window a million dollar bill falls out of his pocket.  Obviously he's not coming back for the money, so I'm "better off" with the money, but he's still not "right" for raping me.

You make absolutely no sense lol

Please wait…

• threadkiller

Participant

What is Greg Schiano’s goal as a head coach?  To stay employed and win football games or “do the right thing” for the long term interests of the franchise?  His decision to fast track Mike Glennon was supposed to win us more games this season.  That has failed, and it will be part of the reason why he will not be employed by the Buccaneers next season.  So it’s hard for me to say he made the right decision (even though I do believe it benefits the Buccaneers).  Mind blown?

Please wait…

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Glennon has been steadily improving week to week. That’s always good for ANY player. As a ROOKIE, it is a VERY good sign when every game he is noticeably better than the week before. And, this was against the toughest D he’s faced so far… 

Please wait…

• cyberdude558

Participant

It was a very tough environment too. A lot of rookies would self destruct there.

Please wait…

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

No doubt at this point that Schi was right to bench Freeman in favor of Glennon …even the national announcers were saying that was a great move today.

Please wait…

• threadkiller

Participant

No doubt at this point that Schi was right to bench Freeman in favor of Glennon ...even the national announcers were saying that was a great move today.

0 winz begs to differ

Please wait…

• CBWx2

Participant

To the OP, Schiano is only "right" if Glennon wins more games then Freeman would have.  Had we not drafted Mike and treated Josh like a real starter would be treated though camps and preseason.  Very hard to argue the point that this team would be 0-8 right now had that been the case.  I will completely agree that our franchise is better off with Josh gone and giving Mike a chance to show what he has.  But that is a completely different discussion imo, then saying Greg was "right" to do what he did with our quarterbacks.  It's like this:  Let's say Greg Schiano breaks into my house tonight and rapes me.  As he's climbing back out of my window a million dollar bill falls out of his pocket.  Obviously he's not coming back for the money, so I'm "better off" with the money, but he's still not "right" for raping me.

The analogy is bad, but I do get your point and agree.

Please wait…

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

No doubt at this point that Schi was right to bench Freeman in favor of Glennon ...even the national announcers were saying that was a great move today.

0 winz begs to differ

No it doesn't , because this is a team game . You can't pin wins on any one player ,  , and certainly can't pin the loss on a QB who threw 2 TD passes and zero INT's . So , you have no argument there, however Quarterback play has clearly improved . Even the national announcers with no dog in the fight acknowledge this . End of story.

Please wait…

• Richie Cartman

Participant

Glennon is better than Freeman.Neither are franchise QBs.

Please wait…

• threadkiller

Participant

You can find “national announcers” to reinforce almost any opinion you have.  Hell, Jaws was just on wdae again this week saying in his opinion reviewing the tape from the first few weeks the Bucs were NOT justified in benching Josh.  Also, this announcing team was clearly groping for anything nice to say about the Bucs.  Made me embarrassed more then anything to hear Moose talking about how gosh darn proud we should be about our guys effort.  Quarterback play improved is subjective.  I don't want to bad mouth Mike because I have been impressed with the way he is playing as a rookie.  No way this team is 0-8 if Mike is not drafted and Josh is the unquestioned starter the whole way though (imo). 

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

Glennon is better than Freeman.Neither are franchise QBs.

+1

Please wait…

• CBWx2

Participant

You can find "national announcers" to reinforce almost any opinion you have.  Hell, Jaws was just on wdae again this week saying in his opinion reviewing the tape from the first few weeks the Bucs were NOT justified in benching Josh.  Also, this announcing team was clearly groping for anything nice to say about the Bucs.  Made me embarrassed more then anything to hear Moose talking about how gosh darn proud we should be about our guys effort.  Quarterback play improved is subjective.  I don't want to bad mouth Mike because I have been impressed with the way he is playing as a rookie.  No way this team is 0-8 if Mike is not drafted and Josh is the unquestioned starter the whole way though (imo).

+1Freeman at his best is better than Glennon at his best. The best we can say about Glennon is that he hasn't lost us many games. That's all fine and good, but he hasn't won us any either. Freeman was inconsistent, but he's also shown the ability to put the team on his back and hit big plays late to win football games. Glennon has looked either meek or awful late in games so far. His 1st half stats are padding his overall numbers. He has made very few critical 2nd half mistakes, but he's made even fewer crucial 2nd half plays.

Please wait…

• gone

Participant

Freeman at his best is better than Glennon at his best

Still in denial I see.

Please wait…

• threadkiller

Participant

Still in denial I see.

How is that denial?  As much as we were pretty much all over Josh Freeman, anyone who says that Josh Freeman did not play better at his best then we have seen Mike Glennon play at his best has 0 credibility.  That person has been completely blinded by his/her hatred of Josh Freeman.  We watched him even last season (don't have to go back 2-3 years) play better football games then anything Mike has put together to this point. 

Please wait…

• gone

Participant

We saw Freeman at his best two weeks ago.  The guy is done.  His best is no longer as good as a rookie third rounder who’s still learning the pro game.

Please wait…

• threadkiller

Participant

We saw Freeman at his best two weeks ago.  The guy is done.  His best is no longer as good as a rookie third rounder who's still learning the pro game.

LOL.  Oh, you're trolling.  Carry on. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's say Greg Schiano breaks into my house tonight and rapes me.

Josh.....is that you?

Please wait…

• Benchwarmer#1

Participant

I saw some good qbing today. I also saw some playcalling I’m not used to seeing as well.Need to see more. However, without wins, glennon still won't be proving anything. It's something I said a few weeks back. Very unfortunate for mike to have a coaching staff that is this bad. He's not getting a fair start because of it.Of course, I've seen guys go out and play lights out one week, then suck Bojangles the next. That passer rating is nice, no doubt, but he's got to do that consistantly into the future. He's getting better, but this could possibly be his ceiling. Let's see first before crowning the kid. There is toomuch to lose not picking a QB next draft, so we have to be VERY confident in him going into the offseason.I'm not convinced, but there was improvement today.

Please wait…

• threadkiller

Participant

Let's say Greg Schiano breaks into my house tonight and rapes me.

Josh.....is that you?

No, but I could sure as shit use his stash right about now. 

Please wait…

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

Still in denial I see.

LOL.... Comrade : still the undisputed stupidest person on the forum.

Please wait…

• CBWx2

Participant

Still in denial I see.

How is that denial?  As much as we were pretty much all over Josh Freeman, anyone who says that Josh Freeman did not play better at his best then we have seen Mike Glennon play at his best has 0 credibility.  That person has been completely blinded by his/her hatred of Josh Freeman.  We watched him even last season (don't have to go back 2-3 years) play better football games then anything Mike has put together to this point.

You're right. They are blinded by hate, and have zero credibility.

Please wait…

• Hate

Participant

Guy has been getting better every week, and those deep balls are his main weakness.  And those have been creeping closer to target each week as well.  He's still playing very cautious ball out there, he needs to loosen up a bit.  Too much focus on not screwing up, not enough on making plays.  Needs to trust himself more.  But the potential is definitely there by reasonable standards.  He's just playing a different style of ball than the guys who make the big plays but big mistakes when they are rookies.  Not much highlight reel stuff.

Assuming we end up with the 2nd pick in the draft, you're kool with passing on a QB?

Please wait…

• gone

Participant

Assuming we end up with the 2nd pick in the draft, you're kool with passing on a QB?

Not at all, thought I made that abundantly clear with the many posts I've made saying there is no excuse for not taking a QB next year.  But I'm also not sold that Glennon can't be the guy either.  People who think they have seen enough at this point are jumping to conclusions too quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still in denial I see.

CBW saying somebody else has zero credibility . . .  . . shameless

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano being right about Freeman does not equal “Glennon is the savior.”  He’s playing well, but . . . maybe some overvalue his ability because of his success where Free failed

Please wait…

• threadkiller

Participant

Schiano being right about Freeman does not equal "Glennon is the savior."  He's playing well, but . . . maybe some overvalue his ability because of his success where Free failed

lmao-data1.jpeg

Please wait…

• CBWx2

Participant

Still in denial I see.

You keep posting, yet all I see is...peanut_butter_jelly_time_stickers-r641d9dcf20684b28818e660458969be4_v9wf3_8byvr_512_zps2e497ced.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Their last two games:Glennon in his FIFTH game ever, in one of the toughest away stadiums in the NFL against one of the best teams in the NFL:  17/23  2 TDs, 0 INTsFreeman, in his fifth SEASON, against one of the worst teams in the NFL:  20/53 0 TDs, 1 INTIf you don't see a stark contrast between the two, you may need to pull your head out of Freeman's azz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still in denial I see.

You keep posting, yet all I see is...

CBW, the self-styled "intellectual" .... channeling The Scarecrow . .  . . lol

Please wait…

• NotDeadYet

Participant

SMH; when a player has improved his play noticeably in each game he’s played with only 1 healthy and experienced receiver, I am curious how ANYONE could conclude he had reached his peak. IMO, Glennon has only scratched the surface…

Please wait…

• Benchwarmer#1

Participant

“Where day go”  8)Seriously though, Freeman's "best" is proven to be better than Mike's best at this point. Sorry, but freeman won games with less talent on the roster.However, let's not just dismiss the kid. More than likely, he's not going to be the next manning or anything special, but it's still nice to see what the kid can do while we're wasting time setting up for #1.I don't see anything uber special about the guy to say that we can forget about qb round one. But I feel confident we'll have a qb that can sub in once in awhile, and maybe pull out a reluctant win.No matter what though, today wasn't his fault. That was on defense and coaching.

Please wait…

• CBWx2

Participant

No matter what though, today wasn't his fault. That was on defense and coaching.

Every week we say this, and I used to believe it, until I saw Glennon's 4th quarter statistics. He's thrown the ball 70 times in the 4th quarter. That is a crazy amount for a 6 game period. Drew Brees has only thrown the ball 54 times in the 4th quarter in 8 games. Same for Aaron Rodgers, and they throw all the time.You can't expect that the teams we play are never going to score. You have to be able to answer, and we simply do not in the 2nd half.The defense gave the offense three turnovers today, including one in the endzone late in the game. We punted the ball on our last 5 possessions of the game (including the one we got off of Tandy's endzone INT). We had a 10 point lead before those last 5 possessions, and allowed Seattle to score 13 unanswered points. If we manage just a fieldgoal on any of those last 5 possessions, it's ballgame. Just 3 stinking points on 5 possessions, and Seattle loses that game. We didn't, and so we lost. This game was not on the defense at all, IMO. On those 5 possessions, Glennon dropped back 11 times, was sacked twice, ran the ball twice, and went 5-7 for 31 yards on the rest of his attempts. 4.4 YPA. That type of performance is not going to win you very many ballgames.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

It is the inconsistency. Rookies are gonna do that. The first half was a very good effort, the second not so much. There is still a lack of chunk plays as well it forces us to go the long, tough road every time. He’s not making mistakes which is huge since usually you get turnovers by the barrel with a rookie. Someone said he might be Brad Johnson 2.  That might well be who he can turn into over time. The question is if you have a guy who can turn into Brad Johnson on the roster do you pass in the  draft on to guy you hope turns into, trying not to be overhyping here, Tony Romo?

Please wait…

• Benchwarmer#1

Participant

CBW, good response. I'd like to say the defense did well, but just look at what happened towards the end. Yes, the offense when into uber conservative mode, but they allowed them to come back into the game. Glennon controlled the ball well, so I cannot knock him for allowing turnovers into points. We were moving the chains more often than we have in the past as well.The players within the system played well enough, but the system failed them. I have to put it on them because, really, I cannot find anyone else to blame besides Seattle being Seattle. It sure felt like they would blow it when it was 21-o to me. Surprisingly, they found another new way to lose. Can't say that's not interesting I guess.That defense looked tired in the 4th to me though. That might have been part of it.

Please wait…

• jcm

Participant

Glennon’s inability to deliver the ball down the field to the wide receivers is what worries me about him long-term. He is ok at throwing intermediate routes to the outside, he is very good at throwing the ball over the middle, but sucks at throwing the deep ball.  This offense was supposed to be about running the ball and taking shots down the field. Freeman could hit the deep ball better than Glennon but was too inconsistent with the short to intermediate throws. Coaches just haven’t figured out how to make all the pieces of this puzzle fit together. They don’t have the best pieces to work with but they certainly should be doing more with what they have.

Please wait…

• MarineBuc

Participant

HOLY CRAP…0-8 is 0-8 and both sides of the ball are to blame…the O didn’t score but a measly 3 pts in the second half and the D had 0 answer for the Hawks running game.The contrast in the team from the first half to the second half is startling...sad...sickening...and it will be the demise of this coaching staff.

Please wait…

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.