Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Mariota and Winston are showing signs they are going to surpass Glennon.Carr, Bridgewater and possibly Manziel have already surpassed Glennon.It is clear as day that some people are pining for mediocrity at the QB position (Glennon) while teams around the league are going out to obtain QB's to lead offenses. Bucs made their choice to upgrade the QB position to keep up with the other teams in the league.  Glennon was part of having the 32nd ranked offense in terms of ypg.As mediocre as the Bucs offense has been the last three games of the 2015 season they are ranked #26 offense ypg and climbing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota was +2.4 yesterday and Winston was +0.2 as per PFF. Anything positive is a good day for a rookie. I loved Glennon but he had very few positive grades from PFF in his 20 starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve seen a pretty erratic rookie qb the first 3 weeks.  Not much different then what we saw Glennon’s first 3 games.  The only difference is Glennon didn’t have a legion of people apologizing and making excuses for him.  I don’t know why the bar is lower for a #1 over all pick then it was for a third rounder.  The same people who were ready to move on from Glennon after his rookie year are the same people who excuse Jameis for being a rookie.  It doesn’t make any sense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've seen a pretty erratic rookie qb the first 3 weeks.  Not much different then what we saw Glennon's first 3 games.  The only difference is Glennon didn't have a legion of people apologizing and making excuses for him.  I don't know why the bar is lower for a #1 over all pick then it was for a third rounder.  The same people who were ready to move on from Glennon after his rookie year are the same people who excuse Jameis for being a rookie.  It doesn't make any sense.

Glennon wasn't erratic. He was gunshy. He's a conservative backup that won't cost you games. Perfect for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

now?

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

Mariota and Winston are showing signs they are going to surpass Glennon.Carr, Bridgewater and possibly Manziel have already surpassed Glennon.It is clear as day that some people are pining for mediocrity at the QB position (Glennon) while teams around the league are going out to obtain QB's to lead offenses. Bucs made their choice to upgrade the QB position to keep up with the other teams in the league.  Glennon was part of having the 32nd ranked offense in terms of ypg.As mediocre as the Bucs offense has been the last three games of the 2015 season they are ranked #26 offense ypg and climbing.

Why dont you read the following post:https://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1327088.0.htmllol...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If [insert name] starts for our team, I will support him as starter.If [insert name] is not starting for our team, I will not support him as starter. ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon was asked to be a caretaker, which is why he had only 44 yards more than JW despite 40 more attempts and 29 more completions. JW has rarely made the conservative throws.  Dont know if that is a good thing or bad thing, but, to my eyes at least, JW appears to have a lot more on his plate in terms of running the offense. Lots of vertical passes and not a lot of gimme throws. Personally, I’d like to see a bit more of a caretaker’s approach with JW, but they were asked to do two totally different things at the same stage in their career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If [insert name] starts for our team, I will support him as starter.If [insert name] is not starting for our team, I will not support him as starter. ;D

Ah, if only it was that simple. If I post that [insert name] should be the starter then I must bash any other starter .... Lest my anonymous screen name lose its Red Board cred!(In which case I will start a new account. see rodtoastjones rule. )

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I forgot one.If [insert name] is not on our team, I don't care.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Jon Gruden rule?Oh wait ... yeah ... strike that

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jon Gruden Rule is an exception. We are all required by Buccaneer Code to have a picture of Jon Gruden in our mirror that we use every morning that says, "What would Jon do?".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

I've seen a pretty erratic rookie qb the first 3 weeks.  Not much different then what we saw Glennon's first 3 games.  The only difference is Glennon didn't have a legion of people apologizing and making excuses for him.  I don't know why the bar is lower for a #1 over all pick then it was for a third rounder.  The same people who were ready to move on from Glennon after his rookie year are the same people who excuse Jameis for being a rookie.  It doesn't make any sense.

Game 1 he didn't start well with his first throw being intercepted, but the Titans hit the team hard and put a lot of points on, and Winston had to air it out to try and make it competitive.Game 2 he was better. We controlled the game more and that helped Winston manage the game. He didn't need to chase the Saints. We got in front, stayed in front.Game 3 he was again having to air the ball to make plays to try and get us back in the game. Missed field goals and an extra point didn't help, if they were made we would have won the game. So sure, he's had two erratic performances and one well managed performance, but that is as much a result of trying to get his team back into the game as anything. Now if he was inaccurate and made poor decisions in a game we were winning, then maybe it's fair to criticise him. But week 1 and 3 we got behind and had to chase it, and generally speaking that doesn't always translate into many pretty throws and high accuracy unless you're Aaron Rodgers...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Must have been a slow day at the office for you to have to come up with this thread.  Would you like some popcorn for the show?  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn't the Jon Gruden rule, if [insert name] is not on our team, we can't talk about him due to league rules, but I love him.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Jon Gruden Rule is an exception. We are all required by Buccaneer Code to have a picture of Jon Gruden in our mirror that we use every morning that says, "What would Jon do?".

Gruden can do no wrong. The Glazers should have fired themselves and left Chucky in charge. :)(Ahh, if it were only that simple.)

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.