GMC sacks?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AlecEiffel
    Participant

Family stuff kept me away from the early part of the game.  On a post-game radio show there was a comment that both of GMC’s early sacks came on straight up rushing, no stunts?  Thoughts? True?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Family stuff kept me away from the early part of the game.  On a post-game radio show there was a comment that both of GMC's early sacks came on straight up rushing, no stunts?  Thoughts? True?

Yes that is basically true.  They turned him loose.....without the stunt junk...and he basically took over that first Falcon's series when they got down deep in the Bucs zone.  He took them out of scoring position.  He was really disruptive throughout the game and caused Ryan to move or throw early numerous times.  He did get 2 roughing the passer penalties late in the game when they brought the first team defense back in after the Falcons had scored on the backups.  One was a low hit, but it was close to being a good hit.  I don't remember the other one, but I think it was a late hit....but could be wrong.  Overall, he was dominant.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The second one was a high hit on a QB. The thing about GMC is he’s so big that even when he’s trying to get low he can hit a QB high. But at that point, with such a big lead I’m all for smacking Matt Ryan around, even if it is a penalty. McCoy also almost had a 4th. I don't remember which quarter, but he had both arms on Ryan but he broke loose and overthrew Gonzales on the sideline. GMC was dominant today.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a brief hope of him having a 5-6 sack day at that pace.  Apparently the Falcons made adjustments or we started stunting again.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a brief hope of him having a 5-6 sack day at that pace.  Apparently the Falcons made adjustments or we started stunting again.

A couple of times it looked like they had 2 OLs and a RB blocking him.....he didn't see anymore 1 v 1s

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Early in the game the Bucs ran MOSTLY straight up rushes. Later in the game they did do some stunting.  As to McCoy’s sacks, I think they were ALL on straight up rushes.His two pearl foul penalties were one for hitting the Falcon QB below the knees, (which resulted in the QB having to be helped off the field) then the next for hitting Ryan too high, at which point McCoy held both arms out wide, as if too say "one too low ,then one too high". What am I supposed to do?"

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.