Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• BuclsLiofel

Participant

The Glazers need to be talking with Jed York or whoever owns the 9ers and get a trade done for Harbaugh.  They need to do this before the Raiders, Dolphins, or Jets get in on this process.  Im positive the Raiders and Jets are going to go hard for him but I think Jim will be willing to come to the Bucs if we have the #1 pick.  If he has the opportunity to hand pick his own QB, im sure we will have a great shot at him that is IF he thinks Mariota or Winston are better than Derek Carr.  I have a gut feeling he feels that way.  Watching Lovie’s incompetence is just plain sad.  Change needs to be made and Harbaugh is the answer.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’ll never come to Tampa.  He and his family love the bay area too much.  That’s why the Dolphins couldn’t get him years ago to leave Stanford.  He’s going to Oakland if he stays in the NFL, otherwise he’s going to Michigan.

• richhussey

Participant

Lovie will be here in 2015. Harbaugh wouldn’t come to a place that fires a HC after only 1 year if they don’t produce. He’s not STUPID!

• billym

Participant

He'll never come to Tampa.  He and his family love the bay area too much.  That's why the Dolphins couldn't get him years ago to leave Stanford.  He's going to Oakland if he stays in the NFL, otherwise he's going to Michigan.

Didn't Michigan hire someone already? Maybe I am mistaken on that and it was just a rumored hiring?Anyway I agree with you. Hell, he could take the Raiders job, and not even have to sell his house or take his kids out of school.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He'll never come to Tampa.  He and his family love the bay area too much.  That's why the Dolphins couldn't get him years ago to leave Stanford.  He's going to Oakland if he stays in the NFL, otherwise he's going to Michigan.

Didn't Michigan hire someone already? Maybe I am mistaken on that and it was just a rumored hiring?Anyway I agree with you. Hell, he could take the Raiders job, and not even have to sell his house or take his kids out of school.

No, Michigan job is still open.  I think they really are waiting on Harbaugh to make a decision.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would probably cost us the 1st round pick to bring him here, so if that happened, he wouldn’t have the 1st round pick anyways…

• billym

Participant

No, Michigan job is still open.  I think they really are waiting on Harbaugh to make a decision.

Oh ok thanks.  Didn't the Michigan AD say a few weeks ago, he didn't know where all the Harbough talk was coming from?  And he wasn't even considering him?

• Anonymous

Inactive

All for it if he’s fired. But unfortunately it will not happen. Same goes for Sean Payton, but that too will not happen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie will be here in 2015. Harbaugh wouldn't come to a place that fires a HC after only 1 year if they don't produce. He's not STUPID!

Dumbest reason ever not to fire someone or not to take a job.  Lovie is worthless.  Not sure how anyone can defend this season.  Ultimate fail.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Harbaugh’s wife loves the San Fran area.  They’ve been there forever.  He ain’t leavin’.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe Harbaugh is on his contract year, correct? We wouldn’t need to offer anything to the 49ers in that situation or am I wrong?

• Anonymous

Inactive

As mentioned above, he isn’t leaving and there is no need to trade for him, because in all likelihood he will be released.

• billym

Participant

As mentioned above, he isn't leaving and there is no need to trade for him, because in all likelihood he will be released.

Agree.  I think the OP reason is trade for him before someone else snatches him up. Which I disagree with.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh ok thanks.  Didn't the Michigan AD say a few weeks ago, he didn't know where all the Harbough talk was coming from?  And he wasn't even considering him?

Michigan is trying to stay tight-lipped about their hiring process this time.  Brady Hoke wasn't their first choice last time and it made them look bad that they got turned down by other coaches and had to "settle" with Hoke.  This time they are trying to do it all behind the scenes so it appears whoever they hire that they were their "first choice" all along.  This day and age, I doubt they will be able to hide someone turning down the job, but who knows. 

• billym

Participant

Michigan is trying to stay tight-lipped about their hiring process this time.  Brady Hoke wasn't their first choice last time and it made them look bad that they got turned down by other coaches and had to "settle" with Hoke.  This time they are trying to do it all behind the scenes so it appears whoever they hire that they were their "first choice" all along.  This day and age, I doubt they will be able to hide someone turning down the job, but who knows.

Ya, I was just reading up on the situation. It looks like Jack Harbough and the whole family are really tight with Brady Hoke. So they are not that thrilled with Michigan at the moment.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie will be here in 2015. Harbaugh wouldn't come to a place that fires a HC after only 1 year if they don't produce. He's not STUPID!

It isn't about producing, it's about making the team worse. Lovie took a 4-12 team and made them worse.He deserves a swift kick in the nuts, and then handed his pink slip.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No thank you. I want to replace Lovie but I wouldn't want Harbaugh either. I would rather give Gruden a blank check to come back.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus, what the hell is Harbaugh but Lovie in Khakis. Offensive ranks in SF: 27, 24, 11, 26. Pound that rock!

• Anonymous

Inactive

It isn't about producing, it's about making the team worse. Lovie took a 4-12 team and made them worse.He deserves a swift kick in the nuts, and then handed his pink slip.

Agreed.  Lovie could have not been such a big spender in free agency and used this season to evaluate the then current roster and see who best fits into his scheme and what needs to be changed or players that need to be replaced.  Instead he talks all about "winning now" and completely overhauls the roster before really evaluating the talent he had, and actually brought in worse players.  I think if he would have just treated this year as a "growing pains" year like Raheem's first year, as a fan I could stomach the losing better and be willing to give him time. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  Lovie could have not been such a big spender in free agency and used this season to evaluate the then current roster and see who best fits into his scheme and what needs to be changed or players that need to be replaced.  Instead he talks all about "winning now" and completely overhauls the roster before really evaluating the talent he had, and actually brought in worse players.  I think if he would have just treated this year as a "growing pains" year like Raheem's first year, as a fan I could stomach the losing better and be willing to give him time.

Very true.I'd probably still grumble a bit, but if he said, Look we're a 4-12 team, I have a plan in place, we will build a solid team, etc. I'd be more patient.But he seemed to talk to the media like they are stupid, and so are the fans. Up until a week ago, he truly believed we were shooting for the playoffs. He proved he's nuts and needs to go.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The 49ers were winning big, BIG games with him, yet they are running him out of the building.Shouldn't that be a red flag?From all indications, this guy is Schiano's "toes on the line" on steroids. He dictates every little thing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus, what the hell is Harbaugh but Lovie in Khakis. Offensive ranks in SF: 27, 24, 11, 26. Pound that rock!

8 years before Harbaugh: 46-824 years with Harbaugh: 43-18

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only difference is, people are willing to tolerate it if you win. Schiano drove everyone crazy with with, but he won 11 games total in his 2 years. Harbaugh led a team to 3 straight NFCC games including a Super Bowl appearance. Everyone is willing to overlook things if you win. They likely miss the playoffs this year so now people are much less tolerant of it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The 49ers were winning big, BIG games with him, yet they are running him out of the building.Shouldn't that be a red flag?From all indications, this guy is Schiano's "toes on the line" on steroids. He dictates every little thing.

Harbaugh took over a 6-10 team and produced a 43-18-1 record, and lead them to 3 straight NFC title games and 1 SB appearance.  Schiano took over a 4-12 team and produced an 11-21 record, and lead the Bucs into the toilet.  They both may be control freaks, but as NFL head coaches, that is where the similarity stops.

• billym

Participant

For whatever reason, he wears out his welcome pretty fast.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be happy to make the playoffs three straight years and then have to fire him for going .500 his fourth.

• billym

Participant

I'd be happy to make the playoffs three straight years and then have to fire him for going .500 his fourth.

I hear ya, but before yesterdays game, it appeared he lost the team. Kap has defitnitly regressed. And he is the former QB that is supposed to be the guru.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hear ya, but before yesterdays game, it appeared he lost the team. Kap has defitnitly regressed. And he is the former QB that is supposed to be the guru.

That's the biggest reason why I wouldn't want him. He's supposed to be a QB guy and his QB is getting worst by the game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

After the Gruden trade didn’t the NFL ban trading for HC’s?

• billym

Participant

That's the biggest reason why I wouldn't want him. He's supposed to be a QB guy and his QB is getting worst by the game.

Early prediction.  Kap is the 2015 NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

After the Gruden trade didn't the NFL ban trading for HC's?

Goodell had it reversed when he took over, but the compensation between teams can't include money, only draft picks.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.