Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Participant

As new HC’s around the league start to build their staffs, they will be on the lookout for a DC that can field an effective defense quickly.  There's a very short list of guys that area available and capable.Jim Schwartz is one.Get him.Now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. He would be a home run hire, and I feel as if his attitude and Koetter’s will compliment each other.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gym Shorts! I’d love to see him here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• vlagatta

Gary Gibbs

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.

• Marcia

Participant

Give me a DC that gets our defense to be angry.  We never had that with Lovie/Frazier.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gary Gibbs

As a fallback option behind the current DB coach of the Panthers (Wilks), sure.... after we interview a few others.We need a guy that has proven to make a quick impact with different teams & rosters ...That guy is Schwartz.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Schwartz is probably my favorite choice, but…I've read in other threads that there's a worry about Smith leaving to be a HC after a year and then going back to square 1. Isn't that much more of a concern with Schwartz?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other part of this equation is a DC’s willingness to come here…Should be pretty compelling though:LVDAlexanderMcCoy (and a stacked group behind him)BanksVernerMoore...and most likely a defense driven draft.Plus the bar is set pretty low.On the other side, we have a franchise QB going into year two in the same system, and a very strong run game playing keep away to give the D a rest.Open the checkbook and get it done.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be down with Schwartz his defenses have been nasty at times. As for the Mike Smith thing, one reason why I do like it is we would be able to use his knowledge as a HC.  Would be able lean on that in many instances I’m sure…as the same goes for Schwartz.  Just without the working relationship Koetter & Smith had prior.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Schwartz is probably my favorite choice, but...I've read in other threads that there's a worry about Smith leaving to be a HC after a year and then going back to square 1. Isn't that much more of a concern with Schwartz?

Don't give a second thought to any opinion expressing concern that any potential choice might be too good. Ignore that shit and move on bro.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be down with Schwartz his defenses have been nasty at times. As for the Mike Smith thing, one reason why I do like it is we would be able to use his knowledge as a HC.  Would be able lean on that in many instances I'm sure...as the same goes for Schwartz.  Just without the working relationship Koetter & Smith had prior.

Excellent post muv. I'd have to admit Mike also appears to have the better demeanor to be that new HC "mentor". Not just familiarity.  Damn it, Mike Smith as DC does make a lot of fucking sense.  Fuck.

• Marcia

Participant

I would be down with Schwartz his defenses have been nasty at times. As for the Mike Smith thing, one reason why I do like it is we would be able to use his knowledge as a HC.  Would be able lean on that in many instances I'm sure...as the same goes for Schwartz.  Just without the working relationship Koetter & Smith had prior.

Excellent post muv. I'd have to admit Mike also appears to have the better demeanor to be that new HC "mentor". Not just familiarity.  Damn it, Mike Smith as DC does make a lot of (censored)ing sense.  (censored).

Mike Smith's demeanor is exactly why I don't want him on our staff.  You need a dick personality for one of your coordinator's imo, Smith is too nice.  I want someone that people don't necessarily like as a person.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excellent post muv. I'd have to admit Mike also appears to have the better demeanor to be that new HC "mentor". Not just familiarity.  Damn it, Mike Smith as DC does make a lot of (censored)ing sense.  (censored).

Mike Smith's demeanor is exactly why I don't want him on our staff.  You need a dick personality for one of your coordinator's imo, Smith is too nice.  I want someone that people don't necessarily like as a person.

This is the key IMO.  McCoy needs someone to push him, not someone to put him on a pedastal like Lovie did immediately after getting here. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Must agree here.  Get him in the building and let him build his staff – Today.He's doing some lame consultant gig with the NFL... nonsense.Mike Smith's defenses at Atlanta were always 'not tough enough'...  chicken/egg.Not a fan at all.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn't that much more of a concern with Schwartz?

That would be a good thing.In fact, I'd use that as part of the recruiting process... "Do well here and we'll get your name out there for an HC position"It will look great on a resume to take a defense that struggled under a "defensive guru" that gave up 30 points a game down the stretch and turn them into a contender giving up <20ppg.This mentality of wanting your coaches to get promotions to HC gigs will help us attract better coaching talent.As long as we stick with an aggressive 4-3 scheme and figure out if we're going man or zone it shouldn't be too difficult to find his replacement when the time comes ...

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the key IMO.  McCoy needs someone to push him, not someone to put him on a pedastal like Lovie did immediately after getting here.

Spot on.See how he responds ... if early indications are negative, trade him asap.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well … here’s to hoping we can get Mike Nolan for DB’s coach…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Went out and got me a cute pair today.  ;DSexy-Womens-Cargo-Shortsd.jpg

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.