Goal line offense

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Easythe great
    Participant

Why is it always heavy personnel and no Mike Evans on the outside for a 1-1 jump ball?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

Good question. And with the running game struggling so much, why haven’t we tried running in 3-4 WR sets to spread out the defense?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

Good question. And with the running game struggling so much, why haven’t we tried running in 3-4 WR sets to spread out the defense?

I know we have on a few occasions with some fairly decent success. I also feel that it would allow Jameis to audible out and into a wider variety of plays from those types of formations.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GottaJaboo
    Blocked

Yeah. There is something weird about our goal line and redzone play in general.

I really hope we figure that out this weekend. We have been struuugggggling the past two weeks to find any offensive rhythm.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

I know we have on a few occasions with some fairly decent success. I also feel that it would allow Jameis to audible out and into a wider variety of plays from those types of formations.

You’re right, we tried it once I believe a couple of games ago, it was a counter run and we got close to 5 yards….haven’t seen it since.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

You’re right, we tried it once I believe a couple of games ago, it was a counter run and we got close to 5 yards….haven’t seen it since.

I’ve seen them run it a few times a game over the last month or so. I think it was San Diego, where it was slightly more prevalent.

I mean, it doesn’t look like the line is getting much push off the snap; so I’m all for trying to run out of 3-4 receiver sets and trying to create some space.

We’re going to have to try and mix up our running formations, because Dallas is nasty on run defense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Swillyboy15
    Participant

I’m not sure what’s going on but early in the season they were great at scoring TD in the redzone… the past few weeks have been awful. Either play calling or execution or a combination of both just haven’t been up to par inside the 20.

I love Dirk Koetter, my only complaint is sometimes his situational play calling leaves you wondering what he was thinking.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    xbucsx_4_xevax
    Participant

I believe the reason  we try to pound it on the ground is to build a redzone identity.. is it working? Not really … I think DK wants the team to feel like we can punch it in at will…for the opponent to get demoralized after an 8min drive to finish it with a ” Alstott up the gut” (god how I miss those days).. anyways that’s my take on why DK tries to ram it in every goal line inside the 5

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucNCane
    Participant

He seems to like to call these crazy ass plays that might work on a normal 3rd and 2 but not on goal line. That one with the fake pitch fake hand off jumbled mess was dumb on goalie because all the DL is doing is crashing. Of course it was going to be a jumbled mess. He needs to go a bit more conventional offense instead of getting cute.

Although that slant was open #blamejameis.

I imagine we run a lot of jumbo because they like to have Jameis roll out at the goal line and that’s virtually impossible with just 5 OL.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Swillyboy15
    Participant

I love the idea of having the reputation of a smash mouth, run it down their throat, stack the box- we’ll still run it on you, “Alstott up the gut” team… but this OL does not consistently move the line of scrimmage enough to rely on that type of gameplan. I know it builds confidence for your OL to run it up and down the field but they can’t get it going enough to do so.

Stop running Doug in the A gap on 1st down. We all know it’s coming, including the defense. I like spreading it out like others have mentioned and running against a 5 or 6 man box. Use the pass to set up the run. It will help Jameis get in rythym early also.

I like the jumbo sets even when they’re not on the goal line to get the roll out opportunities. Has Jameis ever ran a QB sneak on a 1 yard to gain play in 2 years?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    meekerbeastman
    Participant

we would be way better off to just let the DL bumrush through the OL and toss a quick screen over their heads. Sims all day

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the quick slat (pick rub) play that New England runs with their slot guys… I’ve seen NYG do it with ODB.

I think we should run more slants in general. Spread them out on the goal line.

Same goes for being at our 1 yard line… that safety we took. If we have the faith in Winston to make plays, I say line up 4 WR and get something quick… that might lead to a holding call and safety (Stocker) but I think it’s a better play than an obvious run play.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

Unfortunately, on the few fade balls I’ve seen Winston throw, very few have been good throws.  He’s struggled with that throw, for whatever reason.  Hopefully that changes.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    xbucsx_4_xevax
    Participant

I just thought about something.. why not spread the offense out .. trips right and run a weak toss… do something different or like another poster said throw the 50/50 to Evans cuz god knows we haven’t seen that in a while.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    XFactor
    Participant

Just a guess but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Winston’s completion percentage drop and a lot of int’s come on 4 WR sets, maybe why we don’t see it as often..

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.