Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

This is going to be disliked a lot but I wouldn’t mind trading or letting Godwin walk in the off-season. A win is a win though .

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Vance. Reason: Mis spelling

• BChaves8

Participant

Dislike. Godwin does everything well. Him and gronk are Brady’s favorite targets. We may not be able to afford him, but he will be a massive loss for the offense. One down game does not change that.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

If it comes down to whether we give big $ to him or Davis I’ll take Davis.

• Swash

Participant

Reactionary post. Hell no.. the versatility he brings to the offense is unmatched.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Thinking Godwin gets a 4 year, 17.5 mil per year deal from us this off-season

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I personally prefer Godwin to Evans

• RW

Participant

This is going to be disliked a lot but I wouldn’t mind trading or letting Godwin walk in the off-season. A win is a win though .

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Vance. Reason: Mis spelling

If you want Godwin to walk you literally have no clue about football.

• Vance

Participant

@RW I know football, Godwin is a good football player but for $14 million or more is questionable in my book. He doesn’t crack the top 15 in Touchdowns. In my opinion if Brown was playing he would be our leading receiver. Without Gronk and AB this offense sputters. Lastly if you take Gronk , AB and Fournette out if the super bowl who scores for us ?

• RW

Participant

@RW I know football, Godwin is a good football player but for $14 million or more is questionable in my book. He doesn’t crack the top 15 in Touchdowns. In my opinion if Brown was playing he would be our leading receiver. Without Gronk and AB this offense sputters. Lastly if you take Gronk , AB and Fournette out if the super bowl who scores for us ?

Vance. Godwin does everything you would want in a receiver. Great hands, runs good routes, catches in traffic, very good after the catch, can go deep and is a hell of a blocker.
      If Brady wanted to feed him the ball he would be well over 1000 yards and more TDs. Also he is a higher rated receiver than Evans and his catch rate is much higher. Huge mistake to let him go.

• Vance

Participant

@RW , I agree with you Godwin is a Swiss Army Knife. I am looking at the money situation to hard. Never said he was a bad WR .Just like some else said. Some tough decisions will have to be made. Maybe it is AB that has to go. We can win without him but our chances of winning with him are very very high.

• Mark

Participant

I would honestly trade Mike evans next off season for a 1st and sign AB to a 2 year deal. Mike is NOT a precise route runner and that’s what Tom values. Recoup his $20m elsewhere and pick up a premium pick. Hard decisions will have to be made and I would NOT get rid of Godwin, he does so many things!

• Hammerhead

Participant

I can’t believe what I’m reading. Trade Mike Evans and give Brown a 2 year extension? Really. The Bucs all time yardage leader and a future hall of famer in the prime of his carrier for AB a controversial injury prone ( how many games has he missed the year)aging player who has had a few good games fo us. Wow. He’s like Sherman he’s only going to decline and be hurt more. Chris Godwin is a stud receiver 4th in the Bucs all time yardage receiving after less than 4 years. 2 fumbles all year on 67 receptions. Look at his stats this year. He’s been a beast. Brady targeted Gronk and Lenny more in Colts game plan. This doesn’t mean Evans and Godwin suddenly become expendable. We aren’t where we are without them. AB hasn’t done anything for us this year because he’s constantly on the sideline injured.7]

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Guys…given that there are fans in the stands (democrat governors, willing, please we beg you…let us keep our freedom) the salary cap will go up this off-season. Also with the invention of voidable years, there really is no excuse not to bring back Evans, Godwin, and AB.

Godwin, like i said earlier, will get a 4 year deal at 17.5M, maybe 18.5 per year. It’s the going rate and a team on the market may give him $20M. We will likely use the tag for Carlton Davis.

AB being hurt could be a blessing in disguise because he was on pace for like 1300 yards and double digit TDs. Hopefully he is back this week but i dont see a team breaking the bank for him this off-season and he likely gets another 1 year deal from us

As long as Brady is with us, we need to go all in and mortgage the future. We are going to suck when this is over and it’s better to accept that now rather than think we can keep the championship train going.

We are a talented roster but remember Brady went near a decade long between Superbowls at one point. It’s hard to get to this point.

• m_j

Participant

I would honestly trade Mike evans next off season for a 1st and sign AB to a 2 year deal. Mike is NOT a precise route runner and that’s what Tom values. Recoup his $20m elsewhere and pick up a premium pick. Hard decisions will have to be made and I would NOT get rid of Godwin, he does so many things!

mike is not the best route runner and definitely not totally in sync with brady, but he and lavonte are the faces of our franchise and never to be traded, never and under no circimstances!

• seekpar

Participant

If I had to choose, Godwin > Evans.

The Bucs should consider using Godwin more in the running game similar to the Rams with Woods and the 49ers with Samuel. Loved that third down play in GB to close out the NFC Championship.

• buc-in-out

Participant

^I think that statement is easy to make with Evans demanding bracket coverage every snap… Like Juju without AB in Pittsburgh, or Calvin Ridey without Julio.

I really wonder.. is Godwin a true alpha WR1? I’m not sure.

• buc-in-out

Participant

^I think that statement is easy to make with Evans demanding bracket coverage every snap… Like Juju without AB in Pittsburgh, or Calvin Ridey without Julio.

I really wonder.. is Godwin a true alpha WR1? I’m not sure.

With that said, I still want to re-sign Godwin, Evans and Godwin make a great 1-2 punch. Their skillsets compliment each other well, they’re both not selfish, real team guys with high character and squeaky clean records off the field. Use OJ Howard’s salary this year and extend Godwin.. as long as Brady’s our QB, you surround him with talent.

• Runole

Participant

Guys…given that there are fans in the stands (democrat governors, willing, please we beg you…let us keep our freedom) the salary cap will go up this off-season. Also with the invention of voidable years, there really is no excuse not to bring back Evans, Godwin, and AB.

Godwin, like i said earlier, will get a 4 year deal at 17.5M, maybe 18.5 per year. It’s the going rate and a team on the market may give him $20M. We will likely use the tag for Carlton Davis.

AB being hurt could be a blessing in disguise because he was on pace for like 1300 yards and double digit TDs. Hopefully he is back this week but i dont see a team breaking the bank for him this off-season and he likely gets another 1 year deal from us

As long as Brady is with us, we need to go all in and mortgage the future. We are going to suck when this is over and it’s better to accept that now rather than think we can keep the championship train going.

We are a talented roster but remember Brady went near a decade long between Superbowls at one point. It’s hard to get to this point.

AGREE!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Godwin>evans for sure if forced to choose.

Current, and younger as well.

If we end up cutting AB we’ll definetly need both though.

• Ramonb

Participant

Godwin is my favorite buc aside from Brady. He’s got an “X” factor to him, is surehanded, and runs like an angry man after the catch.

• Trask Force

Participant

Golladay got 4 years for $72 mil with $40 mil guaranteed. That’s $18 mil per year. Lockett got $17.25 mil per year. So considering salaries only trend in the upward direction, I would put Godwin’s price tag at $20 mil per year with over $40 mil guaranteed, or close to that. Some team who needs a #1 WR is going to pay Godwin that kind of money. As much as the Bucs will miss Godwin, they can’t afford him.

• seekpar

Participant

Godwin brought it today vs the Falcons. Proved why the Bucs need to keep him here in Tampa Bay. Chemistry with Brady is strong.

Chemistry between Evans and Brady not so much.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Godwin was a stud again today. He needs to be a long term Buc.

• m_j

Participant

barring injuries, this will be another 1000yds season for both mike and chris
      we need them both in 2022, no matter who plays under center

• Swash

Participant

The Godwin vs Evans debate is so stupid. In todays NFL, roster construction has to prioritize the WR position. You want two studs, and need to make the money work to have 2. Both have different games and playing elite. Mike is 2nd in TDs and Godwin is like 6th in yards and receptions.

Just wanted to add, Godwins preformance on Sunday. Wow. That dude never has a clean jersey, one of my favorite players ever to watch.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.