Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Not good news.

I love me some CG but WRs are a dime a dozen compared to elite pass rushers.

Shaq should be the top priority imho.

Brown likely gone too if we spend 15+ mil on CG. Can’t pay 2 WRs top 10 WR money. Just isnt practical.

• seekpar

Participant

This has been discussed in multiple threads. Gotta find a way to keep Godwin and Shaq. They’ll figure it out. AB not so much.

• RW

Participant

You can for 1 year under a franchise tag. The Bucs should go all in for next season. I love Brady but he’s probably got one really good year left.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by RW.

• Pennywise

Participant

AB will be back , because Brady will want him back

So will gronk , Godwin , David

Fournette, Suh,shady ,brate ,gone

• KyBucfan51

Participant

He will get the tag they can’t let him leave Tampa have look what happened to Pittsburgh and Smith. AB is nice but I still don’t trust him he is not the future. Draft Dline Suh might retire next year JPP could be gone along with a couple other vets.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

AB will come back on a prove it deal. CG will probably give a hometown discount. I agree with the OP, Shaq should be a priority, but you want to draft an edge rusher early to have a replacement ready in case him or JPP leave.

• JC5100

Participant

Godwin is an easy contract because you can feel comfortable giving him a large signing bonus and guaranteed base salaries down the road. And a 4 year deal would put him in free agency again at 28-29.

You tag Barrett and shop him. If someone offers a good package you take it.

• Greattimes

Participant

All that is needed is for the Bucs’s to use some creative accounting (like other teams have done in the past) to keep the team intact.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Career averages: 885 yards. 6 TDs.

Bucs have more leverage after his sub par post season.

Do not overpay CG.

• JC5100

Participant

You should put some context behind that stat. He was still producing as the #4 WR

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think Barrett has to be the priority. Been one of our best pass rushers ever.

• Roy

Participant

If you let Godwin go, then you are left with high mileage Evans and the flake Brown. You could go from two to zero in a heartbeat. Then you leave Brady with a worse situation than he was left with in New England. You don’t put your future on those two guys. You put your future with Godwin. I think you ride with Godwin as the #1 WR and fit the rest around him.

The threat of the tag should be a bargaining chip for the Bucs. Sure he’d make $16 mil with the tag, but there is no security beyond the one year. He doesn’t want to do that. He plays hard, and if he tears up his knee or something that could be tough for him. I think there is incentive on Godwin’s part to get a long term deal done and avoid the tag. Don’t get me wrong its going to be a high price tag regardless, but I think something can be worked out that is mutually acceptable.

• RW

Participant

You forget Tyler Johnson and Scottie Miller? Brady loves both those guys. I want Godwin back but if he signs somewhere else it’s not the end of the world. They will find a replacement.

• TampaManiac

Participant

I really think theres a great chance the team can keep Chris and David and Gronk and Barrett. I really think its possible.

This will leave a bunch of holes all over the place but theres a ton of free agents this year that will take a one year deal. Like Brown, like Fournette who would love to come to Tampa. Compete for a ring on a great team then inflate their value and sign for $$$ in 2022.

• kenntak

Participant

I think winning the Super Bowl gives the Bucs some leverage. Does a player want to stay on a championship team–if not, plenty of others will want to come to fill the void. Is getting a little bit more money, having to learn a new playbook, and move yourself and family, worth the chance of giving up a repeat and a place where you are comfortable and doing well?

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Playoff Lenny won’t be back I could see David,JPP, and Gholston taking less to sign Barrett the Bucs can’t lose anyone up front.

• Roy

Participant

AB will come back on a prove it deal? Wasn’t this the prove it year? He may not break the bank like a top WR would, but he’ll be needing a two or three year deal for $6 or $7 mil per year. Emanuel Sanders makes $6 mil. Adam Humphries $6.75 mil. Tyler Boyd $8 mil.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.