Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• LVBUC2

Participant

Do you sign Godwin at 17 million per year or Brown at 12 million a year?

• buc_boi

Participant

You really think browns going to get 12 a year?

• TBChucky

Participant

Godwin all day, although I doubt we give him 17 million per..

• Watchman

Participant

Given the choice between the two I would choose Godwin.

Not sure about that #.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

godwin probably wont be 17 and AB sure as hell wont be 12

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Godwin the 3rd down machine over Brown. I like Brown but he can’t provide the same impact as Godwin at this point in his career so more than happy rolling with Godwin and Miller.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

We will keep them both and we will do it at numbers well below 17 million and 12 million.

• Richie Cartman

Participant

I think they use the Franchise tag on Godwin. If Brown wants to sign a cheap 1 year deal again that’s fine. I wouldn’t do it for more than 5 Mil or so.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

If Brown stays I think he gets 9mil. He def would want at least 12 but takes less because Tom is here. The Brady effect is the most powerful thing in sports.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Brown will be closer to a fournette type number

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Godwin for 12 (discount to stay)

Brown for 5

• SunnyD

Participant

I really don’t want the Bucs to bring back AB. I think he kept his head on straight this year because he knew he had to if we wanted to make his money.

Just watching the body language of some of his teammates after his TDs, not seeing him celebrate with his teammates at the parade, knowing his history, and the fact there is a civil trial coming up that could reveal some horrible things to the public – I’m really concerned about the idea of him getting any amount of guranteed money.

I think Evans-Godwin-Scotty- Improved 2nd year TJ, and Gronk is the way to go. When you have 5 weapons like that I think it makes sense to focus on Shaq and/or David rather than Brown.

• seekpar

Participant

Godwin > Brown. Shouldn’t take 17m though.

• LVBUC2

Participant

1. Falcons WR Julio Jones: $22 million
      2. Chargers WR Keenan Allen: $20 million
      3. Cowboys WR Amari Cooper: $20 million
      4. Saints WR Michael Thomas: $19.3 million
      5. Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins: 18.8 million
      6. Bengals WR A.J. Green: $18.2 million
      7. Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill: $18 million
      7. Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr.: $18 million
      9. Buccaneers WR Mike Evans: $16.5 million
      10. Texans WR Brandin Cooks: $16.2 million
      10. Vikings WR Adam Thielen: $16.2 million

Dont think Godwin 17 million? He is a top 5 WR

• JC5100

Participant

Godwin will be 25, home grown, high character, Bucs use him like a TE and FB in the run game (he shifted to TE, pulled and blocked the Chiefs MLB on a Jones run)

Brown will be 33, bounced off 3 teams in 2 years, legal trouble.

• buc-in-out

Participant

If AB wants to come back for cheap, then sure… but he’s a luxury at this point. The priority should be extending Godwin, Shaq and LVD. I’d rather give AB’s money to Suh if I’m completely honest.

I’m more then comfortable rolling with Evans, Godwin, Tyler Johnson and Scotty Miller. We’ve seen Brady’s been more comfortable in 12 personnel anyways. Not many teams in the league have a receiving corps deep like we had this season.

• BucWonder

Participant

Last night’s PR podcast is worth a listen. Godwin will get franchised and Brown will take a low cost incentive laden deal. Both will be back.

• JC5100

Participant

Godwin shouldn’t have to be franchised. Team should feel comfortable giving him a big signing bonus and guaranteed base salaries because you know he’s going to produce for the next 5+ years.

Barrett is the one to tag because there’s 20+ years history of pass rushers who only produced on contract years reverting back to their non-contract year production once they get paid. Demarcus Lawrence is the most recent example: 5 sacks in 2019, 6.5 sacks in 2020, making $25M in 2021.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Dont think Godwin 17 million? He is a top 5 WR

I don’t think anybody outside of Buccaneer homers would say Godwin is a top-5 WR. Here’s his rankings this season with Tom Brady at QB:

Yards – 36th
      TD’s – T-22nd
      Receptions – 38th
      YPR – T-45th

Obviously, his blocking is excellent. But he isn’t a top-5 WR.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Biggs to watch so much Bucs football, you sure have some awful biased takes.

Godwin was banged up this year, missing some games and gritting it out for others. He was also on one of the most stacked offensive teams in recent NFL history.

You might want to think back to his previous year when he was top 2 in most categories.

If we want to go just based on this year’s stats, I guess Stefon Diggs is the second coming of Jerry Rice lmao.

Godwin is easily in the top 5 discussion.

(My personal list Hopkins, Julio, Adams, Thomas, Godwin,) An argument for Hill, Metcalf, K. Allen could be made

Seems a lot of other teams out there would be on the phone with large deals if the Godwin hit free agency.

• Donkey

Participant

All I’ll say is the offense started taking off once we got Brown. If he wants to stay with Brady another year at a bargain I have no problem. He been on his best behavior here.

• JC5100

Participant

Any data to back that up because the week before they signed AB they scored 45 vs the Raiders with Miller having 109 and a TD

• Donkey

Participant

Ok. How about going 8-3 with him ? I’ll take that winning pct anytime.

• JC5100

Participant

You know they went 7-2 without him, right?

And in two of the 8 wins with Brown, Miller had more yards in less snaps.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by JC5100.

• Donkey

Participant

Maybe I should have said we won our last 7 games with him playing. Brady targeted him a lot. It was obviously working. Several of those games we scored in the 40s. I’m not trying to pit him against any other WR on the rooster. I want to keep them all. And if he is willing to sign cheap why not?

• Biggs3535

Participant

Biggs to watch so much Bucs football, you sure have some awful biased takes.

You’ll have to be explain to me how using factual, statistical analysis is biased. It seems to me, the opposite is true. Stating a player is top-5 without any evidence to back it up is a biased take.

You might want to think back to his previous year when he was top 2 in most categories.

Godwin definitely had a better season last year, but he wasn’t top-2 in most categories

Yards – 3rd
      TD’s – T-3rd
      Receptions – 11th
      YPR – T-12th

This stuff isn’t hard to find. Maybe you should look it up so as not to appear so biased.

Godwin is easily in the top 5 discussion.

(My personal list Hopkins, Julio, Adams, Thomas, Godwin,) An argument for Hill, Metcalf, K. Allen could be made

Easily, eh? Where is Mike Evans – the team’s actual #1 WR? Or Diggs?

I agree Godwin should be in the top-10 discussion, but not top-5. Again, I’m guessing mostly Tampa homers are making that argument.

Seems a lot of other teams out there would be on the phone with large deals if the Godwin hit free agency.

Of course they would, as Godwin is a fantastic player. Do you think I’m saying otherwise just because he isn’t a top-5 WR? I like Godwin a lot, but I’m not a mindless homer. I take my opinions and balance them against factual data.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Just looking at the numbers this year don’t show Godwin’s true value. This isn’t moneyball.

Godwin was killing it last year in most stat categories before missing the last 2 games. A couple squeaked passed him in week 16, my bad he ended up top 3 not top 2.
        PFF rated him the 2nd WR last year. I guess they interpret 2019 stats differently than you.

Godwin is a better WR than Evans. Evans has done it for longer but Godwin is a game changer that is hard to shut down.

Why you shade certain Bucs players is beyond me.

Vita Vea is still waiting for his apology lmao

• Roy

Participant

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Roy.

• Roy

Participant

You have to keep Godwin. Think about our situation without him. Evans is tough as nails, but he’s aging and known to get injuries. He plays hurt, but he’s still hurt. And AB is still AB. He’s not some other body. You can’t put too many of your eggs in that basket or you’ll get burned. If you ride with Evans and Brown you could find yourself with a problem at WR really quick.

Godwin is a #1 receiver in his prime. Whatever else happens at that position if you have Godwin you are still in good shape. From here forward Godwin, Wirfs and Brady are what makes the offense go. You have to keep Godwin. You have just a little bit of leverage by holding the tag over his head, so get something done.

• Detrimental

Participant

I’m with @Biggs3535

Bucs fans overrate him. He is without a question a great player but he is not top 10.

Godwin hasnt even had a full season of starting every game. He stays on the injury report, and not only that has ONE thousand yard season to his name. Yet I still see ridiculous figures being posted.

AB can go, Miller and Johnson need more time anyway.

• JC5100

Participant

Because of his snap counts. In 2017 and 2018 the team had Jackson and Humphries still. When Jackson didn’t play he had 98+ yards in 4 of 6 games. Then in 2019 it’s his time and he goes nuts. In 2020 he pulls a hamstring, gets a concussion and break a finger in the first 7 weeks of the season.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I heard them talking about OBJ coming to tampa if we can’t retain some guys on offense. Him, Brown and Evans wouldn’t be fair either. I hope we bring back Godwin though. Loved what BA was saying to all ufas you aint going nowhere lol!

• Biggs3535

Participant

Bucs fans overrate him. He is without a question a great player but he is not top 10.

Godwin hasnt even had a full season of starting every game. He stays on the injury report, and not only that has ONE thousand yard season to his name. Yet I still see ridiculous figures being posted.

Top 5 in the NFL is pretty crazy. Let’s just focus on the NFC South. You have Mike Evans, Julio Jones, and Michael Thomas 1-2-3, whatever order you want to put them in. Here are the first three NFL seasons for the next NFC South WR’s:

Player A: 217 receptions on 328 targets, 3,061 yards, 14.1 YPA, and 26 TD’s
      Player B: 178 receptions on 272 targets, 2,700 yards, 15.2 YPA, and 16 TD’s
      Player C: 208 receptions on 335 targets, 3,156 yards, 15.2 YPA, and 10 TD’s

Which WR’s are #4 and #5 in the NFC South on your list? I’d take A and B.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

If Brady insists on AB coming back then he’s coming back

• BChaves8

Participant

Godwin.

Younger, better overall player at this point in his career. Just entering his prime.

Would be great to have AB back if possible.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant