Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Obviously we hope not. We all love that kid to death. He is one of the best players we have ever drafted, major props to Licht & the FO.

But with Mike being well paid

Bucs reportedly wanting AB back (10 mil?)

Brady’s boy Gronk wants back

Also Bruce has said multiple times in the last 2 years that SHAQ isn’t going anywhere, there’s a lot $ coming Shaq’s way

& of course the bright future of Tyler Johnson and Scotty Miller. Both combined are not better than CG, but do you need them to be when you have Evans & AB?

So could this be CG’s last game? Could we do a tag & trade or does he just walk? How likely is a long term deal? No deal he signs will be team friendly because he will make bank, and deservedly so.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Maybe it is. Good thing we have Brady and already have good receivers. We might not be able to pay him. Which sucks but that is how the salary cap works. If we lose this game and we want to make it a mission to come back with everyone and win it maybe he takes a small discounted deal to win it. But it wouldn’t be surprising if he took the money elsewhere.

• TURBO

Participant

Can’t completely count on AB and his shenanigans. It’s a long off season, which gives him plenty of time to fuck up again.

I think Godwin is a guy we NEED to keep, and do whatever it takes to make that happen…

Will be a sad, sad day to watch him leave.

• Roy

Participant

Godwin will get the tag.

The WR tag will be about $16 mil. That’s well worth it for a player of his caliber in the prime of his career. The Bucs can use the tag as some leverage to get a long term deal done if they can. There is no debate this year. So he might as well take that into consideration right now when negotiating a new deal.

• RW

Participant

They get rid of either one of Brate or Howard and possibly either Smith or Jensen before they lose Godwin. They can franchise him if they want.

• spartan

Participant

I don’t see them letting Godwin walk. They may WANT Brown back, but you don’t get everything you want. I do see Brate and/or Howard being let go. Howard can’t seem to stay on the field and although he has shown glimpses, he is up for 6 million next year with no cap hit if released. Same with Brate. As much as I like him, cut those 2, cut Gronk 2 million, throw in the 2 million he is making this year and have him resigned at 16.5 million if my math is correct.

• Bucman

Participant

Zero chance they let him go. Bruce has already said that multiple times.

• TBChucky

Participant

CG isn’t going anywhere IMO.. At least not this offseason. Hate the thought of him not being a Buc..

• SunnyD

Participant

As much as it pains me to think about a home grown stud like Godwin walking – I think the smart move would be to keep Shaq and David if the Bucs can only afford two of the big three. The drop off from Godwin to Scotty and Tyler Johnson would hurt this team less than the drop off from Shaq and David to whichever rookies or scrap heap FAs would replace them.

I hope we can afford all three. The Bucs have seemingly become cap wizards since Bruce Allen left so maybe there is a way but the COVID cap drop is going to hurt.

• RW

Participant

I think Shaq is good but not worth the huge money he will want. And I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his best game happens when Vea comes back. Barrett is replaceable as Vea is the key to the D line.

• BucHarbour

Participant

If this was a normal cap year, I think the Bucs would have a real hard time keeping the players they want to keep. However, since the cap is reduced this year, and most teams are much closer to the cap, or over it, than we are, where exactly would our guys go? This year is going to have a plethora of FA’s available of all calibers due to the cap space constraints this off-season. I think the Bucs will be able to do some cap friendly deals and keep the core guys here.

• TBChucky

Participant

Exactly @BucHarbour. There’s going to be a glut of available FA’s, and not a lot of long term, big money deals being signed. Going to be a buyer’s market. Lots of 1 year deals. I don’t see CG wanting to leave this team unless someone blows him away with a mega deal. Plus he seems to love it here, and loves this team!

• M4X

Participant

He will be back. Cap space won’t be an issue. There are many ways to manage the cap and the team will make use of them, given the fact that this is as win-now as it gets, with a 43-year-old Tom Brady as your Quarterback.

They could restructure Evans, Marpet and Pinion and extend Smith and Jensen. That alone could create up to 20 million in cap space.

Brady could take a pay cut, or the team could agree to add a void year to his contract.

They will use guaranteed money to keep the 2021 cap hit low.

There will likely be 17 games next season and the stadiums will be back to full capacity, so the cap won’t be reduced that much. 

Don’t be surprised if the Bucs keep all their key free agents and even make a big move in free agency themselves.

• TBChucky

Participant

Hoping like hell for full stadiums next season! Gotta get this virus under control!

• Buc on the Move

Participant

If we pay Brown and let Godwin walk, I will be irate! Appreciate what AB has brought this year, and would welcome him back if the price is right, but not at the expense of our homegrown talent.

• wolfet

Participant

Some of you are too worried. Licht and Greenberg have done a wonderful job with our cap. We have room for everyone, but there will be ramifications down the road (see Saints). When you have the GOAT you happily accept it and go all in. We will extend smith, restructure evans, marpet, Jensen. Godwin, David, shaq will get new deals. We will get veterans on the cheap that want to play with Brady like Edelman, Gronk, white. Hopefully we draft some edge and DT depth and young OL.

• JBSouthpaw

Participant

before we got Brady, I suggested we trade Mike for draft capital and the space to resign Chris.
      In hindsight, we don’t get where we are without both.

With Miller and Johnson blossoming, there is no way we keep AB for over $3M a year. I wouldn’t sign him at all, but if Brady wants him….

There will be other FA receivers available and our need to keep/upgrade the D-line is first and foremost.
      Need Gronk back too, his blocking can’t be replaced easily.

• aquilus

Participant

Hes not going anywhere…simply because Brady doesn’t want him gone. Brady I believe feels Godwin is the best reciever on the team. Godwin David Shaq all stay…Brady restructures his deal…signs an extension he will never play through…takes a massive paycut to keep the core here for at least the next 2 to 3 years. At this point $$$ is the least of his concern…winning more rings is what he is after….he wont do it without those 3.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No way does brown want 10 mil. He’d come back for half that.

Gronk would as well for under 5 mil.

Franchise godwin.

Cut Brate.

No chance all 4 are back, unfortunately. Just not possible cap wise without losing someone else mkrr important like lvd suh or jpp.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No way does brown want 10 mil. He’d come back for half that.

Gronk would as well for under 5 mil.

Franchise godwin.

Cut Brate.

No chance all 4 are back, unfortunately. Just not possible cap wise without losing someone else more important like lvd suh or jpp.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I really hope we don’t let Godwin go for AB.

It’s time to cut Brate’s big contract, re-sign Gronk and/or Howard, bring back Godwin, let AB go and let TJ and Scooter fight for slot targets, if Lenny wants to come back for cheap.. sure but I’d rather sign an RB who can actually catch the damn ball (James White?)

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

“Wanting” Brown back does not equal paying Brown over Godwin. Godwin is here to stay and if Brown “wants” to stay it will be at an amount both sides can live with

• Donkey

Participant

Dude….Bucs going to the Super Bowl. Worry about this crap in a couple of weeks.

• Runole

Participant

Dude….Bucs going to the Super Bowl. Worry about this crap in a couple of weeks.

Amen! Is there a more pessimistic fan base that posts here?
        Unbelievable

• Biggs3535

Participant

Zero chance they let him go. Bruce has already said that multiple times.

Yup, another dumbass thread by the OP.

• m_j

Participant

if he catches a couple of TDs he can go wherever he wants, same as keenan did :-)

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Couple really soft people in this thread LMAO. Go cry to your mother.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.