Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• NotDeadYet

Participant

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9919005/dashon-goldson-tampa-bay-buccaneers-play-vs-seattle-seahawks

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

I think it’s funny how so many talk about us spending so much on Revis, yet we are also paying a boatload of $ to Goldson and he has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this year…I’ll lead the charge.This has been the biggest offseason error by the Bucs. Signing a safety who is below average in coverage and whose one strength of torpedoing ball carriers/receivers has been taken away by the league.

Please wait…

• Beatles123

Participant

Your move, Jags!

Please wait…

• bucs4eva

Participant

I think it's funny how so many talk about us spending so much on Revis, yet we are also paying a boatload of $ to Goldson and he has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this year...I'll lead the charge.This has been the biggest offseason error by the Bucs. Signing a safety who is below average in coverage and whose one strength of torpedoing ball carriers/receivers has been taken away by the league.

No

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

Fine, I’ll look at the silver lining…He has done one good thing this year......all that fine $ does go to charity.St. Goldson.

Please wait…

• warrenfb12

Participant

Another awesome FA addition by Dominik.

Please wait…

• TBTrojan

Participant

OH NOES!!!!Who's going to get us a few 15 yard penalties because they refuse to tackle properly this week if he can't go?

Please wait…

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

What a turd he has been. Fire Mark Dummynik.

Please wait…

• BucNY

Participant

Your move, Jags!

Haha

Please wait…

• JDouble

Participant

I disagree. I think Goldson is good. It seems like maybe he is taking as much time off as possible though from this injury. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to come back to this season either. We'll be happy we have him next year though. With a real coach and a real defensive scheme, he is a great player.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

The only way we see him play well is if:A. The league softens up on its concussion policies/rulesB. We put the best front 7 in football in front of him, which would include 4 all pros and excellent pass rushers.Unfortunately, we will never see him excel in a scheme with large amounts of overage responsibility.

Please wait…

• MPOG

Participant

Should’ve waited for Jairus Byrd.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

He’s certainly not done anything this year worth $8m for sure and I doubt he ever will. He is a two tool box playin’ safety not a difference maker.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

OH NOES!!!!Who's going to get us a few 15 yard penalties because they refuse to tackle properly this week if he can't go?

Thank God he is back to give us those much needed personal foul penalties and blown coverages.Dude has been a complete bum. What a joke of a signing.

Please wait…

• bradentonian

Participant

But he’s a “leader”

Please wait…

• Richie Cartman

Participant

Goldson the new goat for the bucs d.

Please wait…

• MPOG

Participant

Wish we’d gotten Byrd.

Please wait…

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

Who cares. Barron is a beast.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

It matters. Barron is only 1 of 11, and in the secondary, only 1 of 4/5.By comparison....Banks and the other CBs have sucked so far, that can't be ignored even though Revis has had a good year.

Please wait…

• Beatles123

Participant

Barron is coming along.

Please wait…

• buchead

Participant

we need to get a true free safety. Damn near a corner back there.In a passing league why would you pay/play two 4.5 run stuffers at safety? Get you a nice 210 pound 4.3 ball hawk who cant tackle worth a damn. Goldson looked great torpedoing guys behind what is unquestionably the best front 7 in football. Here he looks average.

Please wait…

• Beatles123

Participant

Then we must become a beast front 7.

Please wait…

• buchead

Participant

we need to get a true free safety. Damn near a corner back there.In a passing league why would you pay/play two 4.5 run stuffers at safety? Get you a nice 210 pound 4.3 ball hawk who cant tackle worth a damn. Goldson looked great torpedoing guys behind what is unquestionably the best front 7 in football. Here he looks average.

And on that note, spend a late rounder on a corner and convert him, like Tanard reefababy jackson. It seems like a good idea in todays game. Maybe more teams do it and I dont realize it.

Please wait…

• gone

Participant

Then we must become a beast front 7.

Yeah, that's the ticket.  Lets get 7 elite guys up front instead of replacing one overrated thug in the back.

Please wait…

• BucsGuru

Participant

Yeah….I’m so over anything Goldson is bringing to the table.  He is garbage and has cost us big games this year!  I cannot remember, but I know of at least (3) 15 yard personal foul penalties against him. 

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

Glad to see people are coming around and seeing Goldson for what he is…Welcome. ;)

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Forget about the 15 yard penalty, I’m more pissed about his blown coverage allowing a TD and a piss-poor angle on the rushing TD.  Really bad game from Goldson.

Please wait…

• Booker Reese

Participant

Forget about the 15 yard penalty, I'm more pissed about his blown coverage allowing a TD and a piss-poor angle on the rushing TD.  Really bad game from Goldson.

this^^^^

Please wait…

• Feel Real Good

Participant

I liked the Goldson signing but tried to temper people that he might not be as good as people think, and only heard back that he was named all-Pro so I must be wrong.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

Forget about the 15 yard penalty, I'm more pissed about his blown coverage allowing a TD and a piss-poor angle on the rushing TD.  Really bad game from Goldson.

All that sounds like a microcosm of his year.Personal fouls, blown coverages, missed tackles, poor angles. Theses have been present in multiple games, not just last night.

Please wait…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.