Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 86 reply threads

• Author

• Bschucher

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, I hope that isn’t true.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, I hope that isn't true.

Agreed.. Doesnt sound good though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the depositions from several Jerry Sandusky victims that were unsealed Tuesday in a lawsuit over insurance claims, one victim says that a former assistant coach saw Sandusky rubbing his back as he was lying on a couch in a coaches’ area of the locker room.According to the deposition of the victim identified as John Doe 101, that assistant coach was Kevin O'Dea.The victim said in the deposition taken in November 2014 that he was lying on a couch in his underwear in the coaches' area of the locker room, and as O'Dea walked in, Sandusky tried to cover up what he was doing. "He always tried to play things in a different way than what was happening, yeah, for sure."O'Dea said nothing about it, according to the deposition.O'Dea, however, was a graduate assistant at the University of Virginia from 1988-90 and didn't join Penn State's staff until 1991. He later served as an assistant coach for the Nittany Lions from 1992-93 before leaving to join the staff of the NFL's San Diego Chargers. O'Dea was last a special teams coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.Buccaneers officials say O'Dea coached there for two years and he was released in January when a new special-teams coordinator was brought in. http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/07/sandusky_odea_assault_lawsuit.html

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously, Schiano should have taken it to the police after his bosses sat on it.  But he did take it to his bosses.  It’s not like he helped sweep it under the rug, like his bosses did.Reports are Paterno was told about this crap back in the '70's.  That's the POS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? It sounds like Schiano did the right thing and reported it to his boss.  The quote from the article:McQueary said Tom Bradley, then defensive coordinator at Penn State, told him that another coach, Schiano, had come to him with similar information in the early '90's. So Schiano had his suspicions and reported it to Bradley.  Now if Schiano saw a kid being raped and just walked off, that is a different story.  But there is nothing in the article to imply that.  Maybe all he knew was he saw Sandusky in the locker room with little kids and questioned why they were there but never saw anything of any sexual nature or a child in danger.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t believe that, as a single action, it is the right thing to do.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now if Schiano saw a kid being raped and just walked off, that is a different story.  But there is nothing in the article to imply that.

Reports are Schiano did see something in shower:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17015181/testimony-unsealed-documents-alleges-joe-paterno-knew-jerry-sandusky-abuse-1976McQueary said Bradley told him that he'd been approached by someone in the '80s who saw Sandusky "doing something to a boy" and that in the '90s, former assistant coach Schiano saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy."Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower," McQueary testified.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? It sounds like Schiano did the right thing and reported it to his boss.  The quote from the article:McQueary said Tom Bradley, then defensive coordinator at Penn State, told him that another coach, Schiano, had come to him with similar information in the early '90's. So Schiano had his suspicions and reported it to Bradley.  Now if Schiano saw a kid being raped and just walked off, that is a different story.  But there is nothing in the article to imply that.  Maybe all he knew was he saw Sandusky in the locker room with little kids and questioned why they were there but never saw anything of any sexual nature or a child in danger.

So he was white as a ghost after seeing him doing something with a little boy. Sorry but just going to the boss wasnt enough especially when clearly nothing happened after doing so.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Adam SchefterVerified account?@AdamSchefterIn response to deposition, Greg Schiano said: “I never saw any abuse, nor had reason to suspect any abuse, during my time at Penn State.”

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now if Schiano saw a kid being raped and just walked off, that is a different story.  But there is nothing in the article to imply that.

Reports are Schiano did see something in shower:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17015181/testimony-unsealed-documents-alleges-joe-paterno-knew-jerry-sandusky-abuse-1976McQueary said Bradley told him that he'd been approached by someone in the '80s who saw Sandusky "doing something to a boy" and that in the '90s, former assistant coach Schiano saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy."Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower," McQueary testified.

I stand corrected.  Despicable!

• rpratto

Participant

Reports are coming out that Paterno knew about this as far back as 1976.Edited to add:  If evidence proves that Schiano knew about any of this, then he's done coaching football at ANY level.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he was white as a ghost after seeing him doing something with a little boy. Sorry but just going to the boss wasnt enough especially when clearly nothing happened after doing so.

I agree. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow what a mess.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many times in 1 day am I allowed to be outraged?

• rpratto

Participant

Paterno fired Sandusky in 1998 when Sandusky was considered one of the best defensive coordinators in the country.  No one else hired him.  Now it’s pretty obvious why.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many times in 1 day am I allowed to be outraged?

In todays world? As many times as you see fit. OUTRAGE ERRYWHERE!

• Anonymous

Inactive

You see a kid getting raped, you call the police. I wouldn't tell my damn boss...that's stupid. I would grab he nearest bat or object du jour, and lump up the evil predators forehead. And then I would call the cops. Fug CHOMOs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is pretty sad if true. I don’t know how you don’t stop it. I sure as hell don’t know how you don’t inform every level above you until it stops. There is absolutely no reason not to go to the police.

• vlagatta

Kinda brings a whole new level of creepiness to “toes on the line”

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember bringing up the point that Schiano “might have knowledge” of things Sandusky-related…. and many board crybabies replied how preposterous it was to even consider it a possibility…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really don't understand this type of reaction.  I know the PC police, guilt us all into these reactions but I first heard about this and thought that Shiano was a great guy for reporting it.  He's a freaking graduate assistant for effin Joe Paterno at the height of his influence.  He saw something and he reported it.  It's real easy to be simpethetic to abused kids.... I get that and what Sandusky did is terrible but seeing something strange as a grad assistant and reporting it to your superior is the right thing to do and he did it.  What do you people want?  The problem at Penn State was at the top.  All of the reports should have been taken seriously and they were not.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really don't understand this type of reaction.  I know the PC police, guilt us all into these reactions but I first heard about this and thought that Shiano was a great guy for reporting it.  He's a freaking graduate assistant for effin Joe Paterno at the height of his influence.  He saw something and he reported it.  It's real easy to be simpethetic to abused kids.... I get that and what Sandusky did is terrible but seeing something strange as a grad assistant and reporting it to your superior is the right thing to do and he did it.  What do you people want?  The problem at Penn State was at the top.  All of the reports should have been taken seriously and they were not.

Agreed.  Putting myself in his position, I'd probably do the same thing - adding in an arse-whipping for that POS Sandusky.However, if I saw what is reported he saw, and my bosses did nothing with that info - I'm going to the police.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know the PC police, guilt us all into these reactions

This has nothing to do with political correctness.

• vlagatta

I was always one of those people who thought the events of his termination were odd.In all my life, I've never heard of a football coach being fired for being "too strict". especially when that was what the Glazers hired him for.with this latest revelation (which may or may not be true) perhaps the Glazer family was given this information......and therefore wanted to cut ties immediately.  Perhaps it was information that did not come out during his vetting........and only appeared to the Glazers later..... and if true....still did the right thing.this brings up many more questions than answers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was always one of those people who thought the events of his termination were odd.In all my life, I've never heard of a football coach being fired for being "too strict". especially when that was what the Glazers hired him for.with this latest revelation (which may or may not be true) perhaps the Glazer family was given this information......and therefore wanted to cut ties immediately.  Perhaps it was information that did not come out during his vetting........and only appeared to the Glazers later..... and if true....still did the right thing.this brings up many more questions than answers.

He was fired for many reasons. Being a meathead coach is one of them. He was a sad sack, glad he was fired. I don't know if what you say is true, especially since they fired Lovie two seasons in as well...

• rpratto

Participant

He was fired for many reasons. Being a meathead coach is one of them. He was a sad sack, glad he was fired. I don't know if what you say is true, especially since they fired Lovie two seasons in as well...

They fired both coaches because neither of them could win.

• vlagatta

Bucs players not happy with SchianoPosted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2013, 7:55 PM EDTSchianoAPLast week, the Buccaneers deftly were able to sidestep the fallout of an ugly loss to the Jets by eventually shining a spotlight on quarterback Josh Freeman.This week, it could be a little trickier.While it’s clear that players question the commitment and leadership of Freeman, players also question the tactics and methods of coach Greg Schiano.  As one league source recently told PFT, multiple veteran players simply don’t like Schiano’s ways.  Recently, FOX Sports reported (via the New York Post) that cornerback Darrelle Revis isn’t happy with Schiano’s “strict” nature.It’s hardly a new development.  We reported last December that one veteran player wanted to know when these coaches would be sent back to college.  On Monday, Pewter Report chronicled the issues that have plagued a team that has now gone 1-7 over its last eight games.Meanwhile, the Cold War between Schiano and Freeman continues.  After Sunday’s loss, Schiano assumed blame for the loss while take a passive-aggressive jab at the man who seems to be not long for the job of starting quarterback.“I’m going to have to look at the tape to tell you what’s going on, because it isn’t just the quarterback. It, squarely, is on me,” Schiano said.He didn’t say it’s not quarterback.  He said it isn’t just the quarterback, which means that to a certain extent it is the quarterback.The reality is that coaches who win can get away with being hard-nosed disciplinarians.  Absent pelts on the wall, it won’t work.  While the Bucs showed some promise last season, it’s all moving in the wrong direction — and Schiano could be moving in the direction out of Tampa after this season, unless things turn around quickly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was a culture of look the other way at Penn State.  There were years of warning signs and JoePa and Co decided that football was too precious.  They will all burn in hell.  The Penn State deniers are an embarrassment to the university.  Disgusting.

• vlagatta

forgive my ignorance…….but I’m ridiculously unfamiliar with the exact specifics here….were these little children?  or were these older college level men?

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a pretty big charge, guys. Completely unfair to assume anything without knowing more. The following is from his Twitter account:Greg Schiano @ OSUCoachSchianoIn response to media reports from  earlier today:I never saw any abuse, nor had reason to suspect any abuse, during my time at Penn State.

• rpratto

Participant

He just closed on the sale of his house in Tampa for $6.6 million.  He’ll need that money for the legal firestorm that’s coming.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a pretty big charge, guys. Completely unfair to assume anything without knowing more. The following is from his Twitter account:Greg Schiano @ OSUCoachSchianoIn response to media reports from  earlier today:I never saw any abuse, nor had reason to suspect any abuse, during my time at Penn State.

Thank you. It's unfair and creepy that posters would string someone up based on a he said that he said that he said that he saw.  Based on the past personal hatred here for Schiano from the same posters, though, I suppose it's not surprising.  He's been blamed for MRSA, Josh Freeman's "fall", cheating on captain selection, you name it.  All proven lies.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is impossible to think that years of serial child abuse went on without warning signs.I think it is true that Schiano saw something.  And he probably did report it.  By doing nothing, Joe Pa and Co basically enabled Sandusky to prey on kids.  It's pretty disgusting. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m finding it quite interesting to see how many people we have sitting atop of their ivory towers.

• vlagatta

It is impossible to think that years of serial child abuse went on without warning signs.

again........I am asking..........where these "children" as so many are saying.......or were they in fact, adult male collegiate athletes?

• Anonymous

Inactive

again........I am asking..........where these "children" as so many are saying.......or were they in fact, adult male collegiate athletes?

try google.

• vlagatta

try google.

I did.....it said "See GameTime"

• Anonymous

Inactive

I did.....it said "See GameTime"

dadgum, I rule your Google.  Impressive.

• Anonymous

Inactive

try google.

Also, there's basically zero percent chance he doesn't already know the story and isn't pretending not to know for some other pointless, harebrained lie.

• Anonymous

Inactive

try google.

Also, there's basically zero percent chance he doesn't already know the story and isn't pretending not to know for some other pointless, harebrained lie.

LOL

• Anonymous

Inactive

but in all seriousness i would like to know too..are these “children” other coaches younger kids or in coming recruits? when i got recruited by Schiano back in ’04 i was 17 years old and there was no way at that age i would let a coach or any other human being for that matter touch me..

• thunt1

I'm finding it quite interesting to see how many people we have sitting atop of their ivory towers.

People who condemn child abusers and condemn the people who facilitated a cover up on child abuse are not in ivory towers. 

• thunt1

but in all seriousness i would like to know too..are these "children" other coaches younger kids or in coming recruits? when i got recruited by Schiano back in '04 i was 17 years old and there was no way at that age i would let a coach or any other human being for that matter touch me..

Why are you putting children in quotes?  You do realize Sandusky was found guilty of abusing children, right?  Sandusky used a charity called The Second Mile to give himself access to children to abuse.  Let me help you out: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=jerry+sandusky+child+abuse+scandal

• Anonymous

Inactive

but in all seriousness i would like to know too..are these "children" other coaches younger kids or in coming recruits? when i got recruited by Schiano back in '04 i was 17 years old and there was no way at that age i would let a coach or any other human being for that matter touch me..

Why are you putting children in quotes?  You do realize Sandusky was found guilty of abusing children, right?  Sandusky used a charity called The Second Mile to give himself access to children to abuse.  Let me help you out: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=jerry+sandusky+child+abuse+scandal

you must of stopped reading after the word children.. look bro i think Sandusky should get the chair if you ask me..but children and young adults are way two different things..i obviously dont know all the facts and thats why im asking.

• Anonymous

Inactive

apparently D-Rome you know all the facts so why don’t you enlighten me

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm finding it quite interesting to see how many people we have sitting atop of their ivory towers.

People who condemn child abusers and condemn the people who facilitated a cover up on child abuse are not in ivory towers.

That's not what it's about.  It's about people of today, using hindsight, about what happened 25 years ago and saying what they would or would not have done in that situation.  I call bull on every one of them.  I don't believe a single person who says "I would have said something".  Put yourself in a situation where you're working for an icon, have your dream job, and a perfect career in front of you and tell me, seeing that what happened to McQueary (lost his job, is broke, has to live with his parents, has no career, and lost his wife - and this is the guy who did the right thing!!), and tell me you'd have said something?  Bull crap.  They're all flipping liars.  That's what I mean by sitting on their ivory tower.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's not what it's about.  It's about people of today, using hindsight, about what happened 25 years ago and saying what they would or would not have done in that situation.  I call bull on every one of them.  I don't believe a single person who says "I would have said something".  Put yourself in a situation where you're working for an icon, have your dream job, and a perfect career in front of you and tell me, seeing that what happened to McQueary (lost his job, is broke, has to live with his parents, has no career, and lost his wife - and this is the guy who did the right thing!!), and tell me you'd have said something?  Bull crap.  They're all flipping liars.  That's what I mean by sitting on their ivory tower.

i actually agree with this..although its a tough situation to be in not many would bring all that to light and take down a power house like Penn St. used to be ...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, some folks have character and some do not.  That's a given.I couldn't see a child get molested by a perv and let it go.  Evidently you can.  Congrats on being a POS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, some folks have character and some do not.  That's a given.I couldn't see a child get molested by a perv and let it go.  Evidently you can.  Congrats on being a POS.

That's right, because in your perfect world and perfect scenario, everything is handled the right way.  In today's society, with social media and alike, it's a lot easier to come out and say things... 25 years ago, that wasn't the case.  As I said, enjoy your ivory tower oh great king.  (a$$hole)And besides, I never said what I would or would not do, so take your POS comment and shove them right up your rectum... or your mouth, since it's one and the same.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's right, because in your perfect world and perfect scenario, everything is handled the right way.  In today's society, with social media and alike, it's a lot easier to come out and say things... 25 years ago, that wasn't the case.  As I said, enjoy your ivory tower oh great king.  (a$$hole)And besides, I never said what I would or would not do, so take your POS comment and shove them right up your rectum... or your mouth, since it's one and the same.

lolz...Don't get butthurt after being called out for being a worthless POS that could watch a child be molested and keep quiet about it.  Own your douchebaggery.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is TBay calling himself a liar?  Or admitting he’s okay with child abuse as long as he’s got his dream job?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only Bradley and Greg know the truth and we likely never will.  “At no time did Tom Bradley ever witness any inappropriate behavior,” Bradley’s representative Brett Senior said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon. “Nor did he have any knowledge of alleged incidents in the 80’s and 90’s. He has consistently testified as such. Any assertions to the contrary are false.”In figuring out the exact players because I did not follow this closely this was a good quote that I think applies to all.Pennsylvania governor Tom Corbett, who as state attorney general opened the grand jury investigation, has said that McQueary "met the minimum obligation in reporting it up, but did not in my opinion meet a moral obligation that all of us would have."

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is TBay calling himself a liar?  Or admitting he's okay with child abuse as long as he's got his dream job?

You can assume anything you want, it's obvious Biggs did.  You guys like to make blanket statements saying things are black and white.  Truth is, they aren't.  You have no idea what really happened, what they saw, or what they did.  But you sit here trashing people saying that they didn't do enough.  You weren't there, you don't know what they know or what they did.  But that doesn't stop you from criticizing and judging.I don't know what they saw.  I don't know what they did.  That's why I'm not calling them out like some people.I can tell you this... if I told you that you would lose everything you have now if reported a crime... "EVERYTHING" (your family, your friends, your job, your career), you have... I'd bet you'd think twice about reporting it.  So don't sit there, with your buddy Biggs, and just assume that things are just black and white and it will all turn out rosy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only Bradley and Greg know the truth and we likely never will.  “At no time did Tom Bradley ever witness any inappropriate behavior,” Bradley’s representative Brett Senior said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon. “Nor did he have any knowledge of alleged incidents in the 80’s and 90’s. He has consistently testified as such. Any assertions to the contrary are false.”In figuring out the exact players because I did not follow this closely this was a good quote that I think applies to all.Pennsylvania governor Tom Corbett, who as state attorney general opened the grand jury investigation, has said that McQueary "met the minimum obligation in reporting it up, but did not in my opinion meet a moral obligation that all of us would have."

Yeah, a politician is a "moral compass".  GTFOH.  (this isn't aimed at you bent... just making an in-general statement)

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet Schiano did a Tackle End Stunt out of that bathroom.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys like to make blanket statements saying things are black and white.  Truth is, they aren't.

To anybody with character, child molestation is pretty black and white.

• thunt1

Put yourself in a situation where you’re working for an icon, have your dream job, and a perfect career in front of you and tell me, seeing that what happened to McQueary (lost his job, is broke, has to live with his parents, has no career, and lost his wife – and this is the guy who did the right thing!!), and tell me you’d have said something?  Bull crap.  They’re all flipping liars. 

Well, that's on you.  If you wouldn't have said something and you believe others would not have said something then you need to look in the mirror and examine your values I'm sorry to say.  I'm a parent.  If I saw something I would have said something.  I would have stopped it.  I believe 99% of the people out say they would have done something to stop it would have actually done something to stop it. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put yourself in a situation where you're working for an icon, have your dream job, and a perfect career in front of you and tell me, seeing that what happened to McQueary (lost his job, is broke, has to live with his parents, has no career, and lost his wife - and this is the guy who did the right thing!!), and tell me you'd have said something?  Bull crap.  They're all flipping liars. 

Well, that's on you.  If you wouldn't have said something and you believe others would not have said something then you need to look in the mirror and examine your values I'm sorry to say.  I'm a parent.  If I saw something I would have said something.  I would have stopped it.  I believe 99% of the people out say they would have done something to stop it would have actually done something to stop it.

They weren't parents!  You're putting you at your current situation in life in place of a 25 year old who just got his dream job in a dream situation.  It's not even close to the same thing.  I'm willing to bet you wouldn't thought twice.  And again... you don't know what they saw.  You're taking someone else's word on it.Today, I know what I would have done... 25 years ago, as much as I'd like to say that I know what I'd have done in their situation, I'm not so pompous to "know" what I would have done.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is TBay calling himself a liar?  Or admitting he's okay with child abuse as long as he's got his dream job?

You can assume anything you want, it's obvious Biggs did.  You guys like to make blanket statements saying things are black and white.  Truth is, they aren't.  You have no idea what really happened, what they saw, or what they did.  But you sit here trashing people saying that they didn't do enough.  You weren't there, you don't know what they know or what they did.  But that doesn't stop you from criticizing and judging.I don't know what they saw.  I don't know what they did.  That's why I'm not calling them out like some people.I can tell you this... if I told you that you would lose everything you have now if reported a crime... "EVERYTHING" (your family, your friends, your job, your career), you have... I'd bet you'd think twice about reporting it.  So don't sit there, with your buddy Biggs, and just assume that things are just black and white and it will all turn out rosy.

im not assuming anything.  I’m just going off what you said.  You said no one would report anything, called everyone liars.  The only thing I’m criticizing is YOUR blanket statements.  Or your morals.  But just one or the other, not both.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys like to make blanket statements saying things are black and white.  Truth is, they aren't.

And you know... for a fact, that that is exactly what Schiano and Bradley saw?

• Anonymous

Inactive

im not assuming anything.  I'm just going off what you said.  You said no one would report anything, called everyone liars.  The only thing I'm criticizing is YOUR blanket statements.  Or your morals.  But just one or the other, not both.

There's people saying here saying that it's black and white at what the situation was and what they'd do had it been them.  I'm saying that they're full of crap and that they'd definitely think twice had it been them in that situation.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course not.  I do know, for fact, what you said you would do - assuming the circumstances were true.You should bow out of this discussion, disgracefully.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course not.  I do know, for fact, what you said you would do - assuming the circumstances were true.You should bow out of this discussion, disgracefully.

Why, where did I say exactly what I would do?Why don't you bow yourself out of this message board like complete idiot that you are.

• Anonymous

Inactive

im not assuming anything.  I'm just going off what you said.  You said no one would report anything, called everyone liars.  The only thing I'm criticizing is YOUR blanket statements.  Or your morals.  But just one or the other, not both.

There's people saying here saying that it's black and white at what the situation was and what they'd do had it been them.  I'm saying that they're full of crap and that they'd definitely think twice had it been them in that situation.

I'm sure there are many, like yourself, that would consider how it might affect them before taking any actions, all the while the kid is being raped.  But I'm very certain there are many others who would have beat the (censored) out of Sandusky and worry about the consequences later. Some people just step in and help; others sit back and hope somebody else helps. Apparently you are the latter.

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolz...Don't get butthurt after being called out for being a worthless POS that could watch a child be molested and keep quiet about it.  Own your douchebaggery.

The definition of douchebaggery is to spit out a bunch of nonsense absolutes and then call someone a POS over your made up crap.  It's funny how the internet tough guys always pick the safest issue to be a prick about.  lolz...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty sure everyone is saying this based on “if this is true.” You’re right, we don’t know for sure. But I would really hope my 22-25 yo self would bash his head against the bathroom tile if I saw him doing something to a child. Honestly, if I just got my "dream job" and thats one of the first things I saw, it probably wouldn't be so dreamy anymore.PS. Sacked, I think they were like 9-13ish.

• Anonymous

Inactive

To illustrate....... Take an issue that you know that almost every person reading will be on your side and then proceed to act like a moral authority and all around tough guy.  Be sure to call out the manhood of everyone who disagrees, pat yourself on the back then ask your mommy why your dinner isn't ready. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

The definition of douchebaggery is to spit out a bunch of nonsense absolutes and then call someone a POS over your made up crap.  It's funny how the internet tough guys always pick the safest issue to be a prick about.  lolz...

To illustrate....... Take an issue that you know that almost every person reading will be on your side and then proceed to act like a moral authority and all around tough guy.  Be sure to call out the manhood of everyone who disagrees, pat yourself on the back then ask your mommy why your dinner isn't ready.

Since following along apparently isn't your strong suit, you should re-read the thread. There is one poster claiming that everyone here is spouting "BS" and "using hindsight" from their "Ivory Tower" about how they would react to seeing a child molested.  It's pretty easy to question the manhood of anyone that wouldn't stand up molested children. And I'm sure you'll get resistance on this being the only issue I've been a prick on. I'm prickish against dumbasses fairly regularly on here. Feel free to include yourself in that group.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty sure everyone is saying this based on "if this is true." You're right, we don't know for sure. But I would really hope my 22-25 yo self would bash his head against the bathroom tile if I saw him doing something to a child. Honestly, if I just got my "dream job" and thats one of the first things I saw, it probably wouldn't be so dreamy anymore.PS. Sacked, I think they were like 9-13ish.

What is "this"?  it seems like many of you have already leapt to the conclusion that saying you saw something means you witnessed at point blank range, an unmistakable child rape.  Maybe I'm reading his comments wrong but that's not what I read in TBayXXXVII's comments at all.  If you are a 25 year old graduate assistant at Penn State in the early 1990's and you think you saw one of your bosses in a weird position and you go so far as to mention it to a superior and they just look at your like your stupid I think anyone is going to question what they even saw in the first place.  The only time things are ever just black and white is when you have a conversation with an idiot/internet tough guy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since following along apparently isn't your strong suit, you should re-read the thread. There is one poster claiming that everyone here is spouting "BS" and "using hindsight" from their "Ivory Tower" about how they would react to seeing a child molested.  It's pretty easy to question the manhood of anyone that wouldn't stand up molested children. And I'm sure you'll get resistance on this being the only issue I've been a prick on. I'm prickish against dumbasses fairly regularly on here. Feel free to include yourself in that group.

Nuance isn't a strong suite of yours.  Far simpler to question the manhood of someone who repeatedly questions the manhood of others while sitting safely at his keyboard in mom's basement.  Seriously dude, I read the thread. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is impossible to think that years of serial child abuse went on without warning signs.

Why does this intrigue you so?..........perhaps your moniker is a double-entendre?......................................

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of the responses regarding this thread makes me shake my damn head. There is no time and era, no job nor situation that I wouldn't intervene violently to put an end to the molestation if I was a direct witness. I wouldn't be able to live with myself afterward. Know thyself. If I knew it occurred, I would call the cops. There is no chain of command, no "open door" policy regarding the elimination of a child molester from the ranks of society. Paterno...so close to Paternal. What a fuggin disgrace of a human being. He harbored a chomo, he will face his karma, his fate.  If nothing else, he ruined his families ability to function normally. That in itself is hell.

• Anonymous

Inactive

But he keeps his perfect job though.Wow...pretty disgusting dude

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/testimony-greg-schiano-knew-about-sandusky-abuse-as-penn-st-assistant/2285061

the events of the last few weeks have reminded us that society is full of some f*cked up people but i can't think of anything more f*cked than this. How grown men can stand by and allow this to happen to children is beyond me & anyone that knew and did nothing is as guilty at Sandusky himself.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously, Schiano should have taken it to the police after his bosses sat on it.  But he did take it to his bosses.  It's not like he helped sweep it under the rug, like his bosses did.Reports are Paterno was told about this crap back in the '70's.  That's the POS.

If Schiano witnessed Sandusky's deviant behavior, he should've beat his ass. Being a father of 2, there's no way i witness that type of behavior and walk away.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You see a kid getting raped, you call the police. I wouldn't tell my damn boss...that's stupid. I would grab he nearest bat or object du jour, and lump up the evil predators forehead. And then I would call the cops. Fug CHOMOs.

^^ this ^^Then there was the other clown(can't remember his name) that witness Sandusky in the shower with a lil boy and went and told his dad. WTF?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember bringing up the point that Schiano "might have knowledge" of things Sandusky-related.... and many board crybabies replied how preposterous it was to even consider it a possibility...

Perhaps it's because your posts are so clownish, that no one takes anything you type seriously.

• Anonymous

Inactive

care to elaborate??

• Anonymous

Inactive

you're freakin nuts.

• Anonymous

Inactive

seems to be the latter. Disgraceful, to be sure!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can assume anything you want, it's obvious Biggs did.  You guys like to make blanket statements saying things are black and white.  Truth is, they aren't.  You have no idea what really happened, what they saw, or what they did.  But you sit here trashing people saying that they didn't do enough.  You weren't there, you don't know what they know or what they did.  But that doesn't stop you from criticizing and judging.

McQueary, by his own admittance, witnessed Sandusky having sex with a young boy in the shower and turned and walked away. That's disgusting.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put yourself in a situation where you're working for an icon, have your dream job, and a perfect career in front of you and tell me, seeing that what happened to McQueary (lost his job, is broke, has to live with his parents, has no career, and lost his wife - and this is the guy who did the right thing!!), and tell me you'd have said something?  Bull crap.  They're all flipping liars. 

They weren't parents!  You're putting you at your current situation in life in place of a 25 year old who just got his dream job in a dream situation.  It's not even close to the same thing. 

Nasty old man with a young boy naked in the shower. And you have to think about what you'd do? No further comment.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm sure there are many, like yourself, that would consider how it might affect them before taking any actions, all the while the kid is being raped.  But I'm very certain there are many others who would have beat the (censored) out of Sandusky and worry about the consequences later. Some people just step in and help; others sit back and hope somebody else helps. Apparently you are the latter.

** thunderous applause **

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read a report that most people think they would physically do something if they were confronted with the situation but the majority wouldn’t because it’s so hard for you to immediately process what you’re seeing. It’s not until later that they full comprehend what they witnessed.I don't believe that the majority of people wouldn't contact police. I can see reporting it to your superiors at work to report to police, but when you haven't spoken to the police in the first 24 hours and nothing has been done, I don't think most people would say, "Well, I did what I could."

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read a report that most people think they would physically do something if they were confronted with the situation but the majority wouldn't because it's so hard for you to immediately process what you're seeing. It's not until later that they full comprehend what they witnessed.I don't believe that the majority of people wouldn't contact police. I can see reporting it to your superiors at work to report to police, but when you haven't spoken to the police in the first 24 hours and nothing has been done, I don't think most people would say, "Well, I did what I could."

I agree with what you're saying about processing the situation. This is something that would come up out of nowhere and it might very well be a "did I see what I just saw" situation. If I saw it I'd make sure it stopped and I would call the police. At the time calling the police would have meant finding a phone unlike today where we could simply stand there and dial 911. What I don't get is the bringing the issue to superiors. What isn't the first move the police? I know what the likely answer is but that doesn't make it correct. Overall, I am wary about a lot of third party stories involving others. Was there cross examination of what McQueary said?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read a report that most people think they would physically do something if they were confronted with the situation but the majority wouldn't because it's so hard for you to immediately process what you're seeing. It's not until later that they full comprehend what they witnessed.I don't believe that the majority of people wouldn't contact police. I can see reporting it to your superiors at work to report to police, but when you haven't spoken to the police in the first 24 hours and nothing has been done, I don't think most people would say, "Well, I did what I could."

I agree with what you're saying about processing the situation. This is something that would come up out of nowhere and it might very well be a "did I see what I just saw" situation. If I saw it I'd make sure it stopped and I would call the police. At the time calling the police would have meant finding a phone unlike today where we could simply stand there and dial 911. What I don't get is the bringing the issue to superiors. What isn't the first move the police? I know what the likely answer is but that doesn't make it correct. Overall, I am wary about a lot of third party stories involving others. Was there cross examination of what McQueary said?

Perhaps but I have not seen it. Without that it's a "whistleblower" describing what one person allegedly to him another person allegedly said with both denying the conversation.

Viewing 86 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.