Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 94 reply threads

• Author

• dexmonkey

Participant

I have to give him an A-he improved greatly from week 1 to 2he made some outstanding throws tonight. that seam pass to Shepard was beautifulconsidering how many times his line put him behind the chains with stupid penalties he played very well. he was decisive, made the correct line calls and ran the offense wellim hoping the ankle thing isn't bad and am glad the coaches finally had the sense to pull him. they should have called a TO when it became obvious he was hurting and wasn't going to be moving well

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A-.  If not for the overthrow to Evans it’d be an A+.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A-.  If not for the overthrow to Evans it'd be an A+.

true although I cant hit him too hard for that. if youre going to miss, miss long

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

AHe looked great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

true although I cant hit him too hard for that. if youre going to miss, miss long

A def. I think Mike lays out for that ball if it's regular season tho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

B+

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree.  If that's all I can knock him for, he was lights out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

B. He missed a target that was wide open, and he tripped over his own damn feet. That's a good performance. Aaron Rodgers has A games. What Winston did tonight was nice though, regardless of the poor O-line play, and Ridiculous penalties. He clearly has the jitters cleared away as I assumed he would. He is used to the big stage. He got "Deer in the Headlights" at the end though. That is what getting trucked over and over will do. He will get nervous and distrustful of his wimpy linemen. They need to do him better. Take their jobs seriously. And Warhop sucks. Nothing they can do about that until next year...In which I expect him to be fired. And another penalty as a I type. Off topic I know...but damn man. Mike Jenkins is garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we’re gonna be dogsh** if we don’t clean up these penalties. you cant win when you give  up 100+ yards in penalties and murder your drives

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

B+

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A- very impressive vs 1s of a very good D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For a rookie in his second preseason game, A. You cannot expect much more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BNeed to work on throwing mechanics and footwork.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Used his eyes much better this week. Nice progression from last week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

true and that will come as he gets more used to the NFL. his mechanics were a mess in game 1 and better this week. as he gets more comfortable and plays more calmly he will keep his mechanics under pressure

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he played the whole game had 300 yards 3 TDs, 0ints and above 65% completion, would u grade him a B because of mechanics and footwork?Winston was an A tonight. He had only 2 bad throws and was calling out defenses like he was a top vet QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You want style points over results?  It's hard to argue with the results.  If you want to argue the few throws he missed were due to mechanics, I'd listen, but i didn't see it that way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excelled in check -down range.  Decent in intermediate.  So so deep.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

AExactly what I expect out of him this season (minus the ankle roll).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought he played well in the beginning then tapered off.  He got 7 on the first drive and was plagued by penalties.  The intentional grounding cost us 3 points.  It was a C+.  The defense was lights out though.  Hats off to them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I give him a B+ but how good of a night could he have had without all the silly penalties. With that said, the 1st and 20 rope he threw to Shepard was a thing of beauty.Winston looked like an NFL QB tonight and I'm excited to hop on the roller coaster for his rookie season

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

I thought he played well in the beginning then tapered off.  He got 7 on the first drive and was plagued by penalties.  The intentional grounding cost us 3 points.  It was a C+.  The defense was lights out though.  Hats off to them.

And you continue to demonstrate your idiocy. And the IG did not cost us crap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes mechanics matter a lot with young QB’s.  That is why I gave Winston a B. 

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

B. Penalties didn’t help. O line looked a lot better then last week. Winston has gotta stop tripping though. Made some nice throws. Wish he would have hit Winston on that bomb though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he played the whole game had 300 yards 3 TDs, 0ints and above 65% completion, would u grade him a B because of mechanics and footwork?Winston was an A tonight. He had only 2 bad throws and was calling out defenses like he was a top vet QB.

Not true. The O line was showing signs of breaking apart, and IMO, it would have gotten worse for Jameis once they put the wood on him a few more times. He was getting shook under that dialed up zero.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes mechanics matter a lot with young QB's.  That is why I gave Winston a B.

Yes. They were markedly better this week, he release the ball quicker and looked more fluid in his follow through. Good touch on the screen. Great line presence. Needs to ear hole that football more, IMO. Might cut down on his release time. And ugh to these penalties....refs are getting some of them wrong. For chrissakes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what I expect from Winston when he gets good protection and a running game.  That was a big factor tonight.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Great game by Winston. On the completion to VJax his footwork was very sloppy. I’m sure the QB Coach & Koetter will address that. Overall the kid looks great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard not to give him a high grade. Penalties were killing his momentum, Wright had a big drop also. Nice to see Martin back to his rookie form, not sure what I’m more glad to see Winston or Martin. Both get A’s from me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard not to give him a high grade. Penalties were killing his momentum, Wright had a big drop also. Nice to see Martin back to his rookie form, not sure what I'm more glad to see Winston or Martin. Both get A's from me.

Oline looking at least deserving of being an NFL oline is the best thing for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jaworski coming up on Sportscenter with QB analysis on Jameis. This should be good. Pretty good for a 3rd rounder.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

AI don't know what he could of done better. Made all the throws. I think his best throw of the night was the one Wright dropped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

B+Missed on a few throws. Still needs to work on mechanics but all in all, a very impressive home debut for the rookie. Most importantly, he looked improved from last week. Let's see that carry over into the 3rd game and I'll start to get a little excited. Thing I loved most? His first drive in RayJay was pretty much a flawless TD drive against a good defense. Indicator of things to come? Hope so.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

I give him a B+ had to deduct a point for the missed td to Evans. Excited to see this offense develop. Koetter is going to do some special things with this kid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any chance that deep ball to Evans is where Evans tweaked his hamstring and that caused him not to get to it? I have no idea if this is the case, replay isn’t ready on NFL Gamepass, so honestly asking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also, I thought his best pass was the one Wright couldn’t hold on to. That was impressive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

B+. His footwork was atrocious at times. He misses Evans on surefire Td. But that throw was not an easy one. Definitely better than last game. Should be a good game Saturday. Winston should play almost the whole game and Browns should somewhat game plan for this one.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

we're gonna be dogsh** if we don't clean up these penalties. you cant win when you give  up 100+ yards in penalties and murder your drives

I'm not too worried about penalties as of yet. I remember last year, watching pre-season, (across all teams), and noticed that there were a crap ton of Interference calls. I was thinking that if it continued into the regular season, teams would be hard pressed to cover anyone. Once the actual season began, though, the calls died down in pretty much every game I watched.The other reason I'm not concerned, added to the above reason, is that the Bucs aren't the only one being hit with insane amounts of penalties. The Ravens had so many calls against them, I think Chip Kelly managed to disguise his wife or mother as a ref and get them onto the field. I think the Ravens finished with roughly 4,973 penalties for 23,784 total yards penalized in that game. :) (Yeah, I'm being slightly facetious. :) )Per Winston's grade, I would give him an A for tonight. Not only did he have excellent command of the offense, but he showed great improvement in just his second game. To me, this means that he's learned from the things he did wrong last week, and is able to adjust and get better. He really didn't look like a rookie out there tonight, Dalton did.I'm really looking forward to Saturday, as well as the first real game of the season. I can't wait to see Tennessee come in here on the 13th.TLDR; A for Winston. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We went from the 29 yd line to the 41.  It cost us three points.  You're the idiot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We went from the 29 yd line to the 41.  It cost us three points.  You're the idiot.

What’s more valuable here?  Jameis getting those three points in preseason, or discharging the pigskin before he takes another MONSTROUS shot that might have further injured him?  I was grateful he threw that thing away before he got smoked. He was a B QB tonight. Definitely not an A. That's ridiculous. But he was good. The O-line was mediocre, the tight end chips were horrid, the penalties were a continuing trend from last season. That is on th coaches, the stupidity of the players, or perhaps a distribution of both. Regardless, it is a severe lack of discipline. Time to get their crap together, like right freaking now. Jesus, how freaking hard can it be to stay onside?  To not grab a jersey or lunge at a guy's face after the fact?Albeit some of the calls were bullcrap, and I'm sure they are getting graded on their performances as well (the zebras), and some of them might not be reff'ing too long as a pro with the "I think he did it" calls. The Bucs can't use that as an excuse. They are undisciplined and have been since last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those of you grading anything lower than an A…thats fine but then a B should still be a good bit higher than pretty much anything we have seen from our QB the last 2 years.I also love how he "missed" Evans on a bomb where Evans came up with a tweaked hamstring.  Some of you guys will never be happy, might as well admit it now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston played decent.  His IG cost the team 3 points no matter how it is rationalized.  I notice the Winston slurpers can’t handle any criticism of him.  He scored 7 on a great first drive.  What was he after that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say between a B+ and A- for me. He looked great but there are a few things to work on. Just like most QB’s the pressure was starting to get to him. He missed Evans deep which you can’t fault him to much because if you are going to miss with that throw you better miss him deep.One thing is for sure though, I am excited for this season. The defense looked great I just hope the oline can sure everything up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston played decent.  His IG cost the team 3 points no matter how it is rationalized.  I notice the Winston slurpers can't handle any criticism of him.  He scored 7 on a great first drive.  What was he after that?

if he doesnt ground the ball then he gets sacked.he was losing yards either way so its a wash. id rather see him attempt to protect himself than take an unneccessary shot

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Winston played decent.  His IG cost the team 3 points no matter how it is rationalized.  I notice the Winston slurpers can't handle any criticism of him.  He scored 7 on a great first drive.  What was he after that?

Pull your dress down--your hate is showing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have to give him an A-he improved greatly from week 1 to 2he made some outstanding throws tonight. that seam pass to Shepard was beautifulconsidering how many times his line put him behind the chains with stupid penalties he played very well. he was decisive, made the correct line calls and ran the offense wellim hoping the ankle thing isn't bad and am glad the coaches finally had the sense to pull him. they should have called a TO when it became obvious he was hurting and wasn't going to be moving well

I'm not down with the grading system, however I loved the improvement from week 1 to week 2.  It was like night and day. Do we attribute that to playing at home or a great week of practice or both?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Effective and diagnosing. In his second game. He really should have went 10-13 at the very least. Sims dropped one that your grandpa would have caught. And Wright had one hit him in the mitts, an absolute laser beam, and he dropped that one as well. Remember the seam route throw?  It was a stunner. And he shortened that release up a bit. Best thing he threw though?  Completion to VJax. He led him, and threw it to a spot where he was able to coral it, and slide without taking a huge shot. That was very nice to see!Now...he rushed for a Td. He had many penalties kill potential drives. The penalties were ridiculous.  And pushed the team back many times. He had a B game. He didn't play average. Average is what Glennon's backup looks like. Last night, anyway. It isn't about the "slurpers" as you may call the fans of the team's QB, but the agenda driven haters. He had a good game. It is reality, and the only one trying to rationalize anything is you, by saying JW had an average game. He played a solid game of ball. His teammates let him down consistently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a B QB tonight. Definitely not an A. That's ridiculous. But he was good. The O-line was mediocre, the tight end chips were horrid, the penalties were a continuing trend from last season. That is on th coaches, the stupidity of the players, or perhaps a distribution of both. Regardless, it is a severe lack of discipline. Time to get their crap together, like right freaking now. Jesus, how freaking hard can it be to stay onside?  To not grab a jersey or lunge at a guy's face after the fact?Albeit some of the calls were bullcrap, and I'm sure they are getting graded on their performances as well (the zebras), and some of them might not be reff'ing too long as a pro with the "I think he did it" calls. The Bucs can't use that as an excuse. They are undisciplined and have been since last season.

i gave him an A because it was an A performance for a rookie. that would have been a B- performance for a guy like Rodgers or Luck. im grading him based on expectations for a rookie and the things i wanted to see and he got an A for the improvementbetter field visionmade good throwsdidnt turn it overwent through progressionsmade correct line callsimprovisedhe was far from perfect but a huge departure from game 1. hes got plenty to work on but he is trending in the correct directionwe cant judge him against elite QBs who have actually taken real NFL snaps before. i expect them to be better because theyve been there before

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude it's preseason what more did you want after that? Plus he got rolled up and Lovie, smartly, took him out.  The left handed compliments truly suck coming from a troll.  Wish you guys would just leave, if I'm honest.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

For those of you grading anything lower than an A...thats fine but then a B should still be a good bit higher than pretty much anything we have seen from our QB the last 2 years.I also love how he "missed" Evans on a bomb where Evans came up with a tweaked hamstring.  Some of you guys will never be happy, might as well admit it now.

Bingo. What will happen is that if Winston continues to improve and the offense continues to improve, they will simply stop posting. At first, they will try to nitpick and try to use advanced stats to prove that Winston is not that good. But eventually they will just quit all together and either stop posting, or if they do post, will only mention Winston after an obvious bad game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those of you grading anything lower than an A...thats fine but then a B should still be a good bit higher than pretty much anything we have seen from our QB the last 2 years.I also love how he "missed" Evans on a bomb where Evans came up with a tweaked hamstring.  Some of you guys will never be happy, might as well admit it now.

Bingo. What will happen is that if Winston continues to improve and the offense continues to improve, they will simply stop posting. At first, they will try to nitpick and try to use advanced stats to prove that Winston is not that good. But eventually they will just quit all together and either stop posting, or if they do post, will only mention Winston after an obvious bad game.

If only that were true...Turds will always come to antagonize.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Effective and diagnosing. In his second game. He really should have went 10-13 at the very least. Sims dropped one that your grandpa would have caught. And Wright had one hit him in the mitts, an absolute laser beam, and he dropped that one as well. Remember the seam route throw?  It was a stunner. And he shortened that release up a bit. Best thing he threw though?  Completion to VJax. He led him, and threw it to a spot where he was able to coral it, and slide without taking a huge shot. That was very nice to see!Now...he rushed for a Td. He had many penalties kill potential drives. The penalties were ridiculous.  And pushed the team back many times. He had a B game. He didn't play average. Average is what Glennon's backup looks like. Last night, anyway. It isn't about the "slurpers" as you may call the fans of the team's QB, but the agenda driven haters. He had a good game. It is reality, and the only one trying to rationalize anything is you, by saying JW had an average game. He played a solid game of ball. His teammates let him down consistently.

Agreed and IMO the Tim Wright throw was his best throw. Like you said he shortened up his throw and you could not place it any better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/636029899594006528I thought that was Jameis' best throw of the night. Perfect timing and placement. If his release was going to be a problem that ball would have been intercepted. I also like how he beat Carlos Dunlap to the corner. How bout dat 5.01 forty?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Look at you slurpers.  Like moths to a candle.  I'm not saying he played bad.  In fact,  if not for the IG he gets a B.  I think he played decent.  It's an honest eval.  Too bad some of you are unable to cope.  Hilarious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

B gradeIt would have been an A if he looked like a Peyton Manning, Rodgers, or Luck. It's alright though. he's a Rookie playing his second ever preseason game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Look at you slurpers.  Like moths to a candle.  I'm not saying he played bad.  In fact,  if not for the IG he gets a B.  I think he played decent.  It's an honest eval.  Too bad some of you are unable to cope.  Hilarious.

Your grading system is flawed if you deduct points for taking IG over a sack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

true and that will come as he gets more used to the NFL. his mechanics were a mess in game 1 and better this week. as he gets more comfortable and plays more calmly he will keep his mechanics under pressure

No knock on adw, but people in general don't seem to get that being in rhythm and comfortable improves your mechanics. I tried to tell people that last week and got a bunch of boos and hisses. He does need work on his mechanics, no doubt. Work he won't get till the offseason. But his mechanics will get cleaner as he adjusts to life in the NFL and the game speed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He looked much better from week 1.  His tendency to want to run without the speed is going to find him in RGIII mode.  Stay in the pocket and make the throws.  Looking forward to seeing him during the regular season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll give him a solid B. He looked great against vanilla defenses and then had issues against the blitz. That’s not an indictment on him, he’s a rookie. He played well and I’m proud of him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston played decent, but he's a "rapist" to me and so I will always say he is not very good

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not down with the grading system, however I loved the improvement from week 1 to week 2.  It was like night and day. Do we attribute that to playing at home or a great week of practice or both?

Chev...I think you attribute the improvement to a few things:1) It's his second start so he should improve2) It's his first game at home3) The Bengals gave zero (censored)s about this gameAll in all, Winston played very well to start the game and kind of faded there for awhile. I am pretty satisfied with performance tonight, but remain guarded. He is a rookie first and foremost so the inconsistent play will probably be an ongoing narrative for the majority of the season. I am REALLY interest to see how he will play an entire half with starters and how he performs in the second half of a game. It is not all his fault that drive where we ended 4th and 43 was so disgustingly reminiscent of last year...UGH. The Bucs really could have stepped on their throat right there...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His mechanics and footwork are fine...not much you can do when you're getting stomped by your OG....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Time for the expert to weigh in. He was solid, very solid. He gets a B+ from me. His best pass was dropped and if Evans had more speed, he’d have two big play completion in there. as well.He took a step forward no matter how you grade him, and that is all that matters!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

3) The Bengals gave zero (censored)s about this game

I find it hard to believe that any professional sports team wants to get embarrassed on national TV. Giving zero fucks about a game will get them just that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I find it hard to believe that any professional sports team wants to get embarrassed on national TV. Giving zero (censored)s about a game will get them just that.

We can agree to disagree. I think you are overestimating how much players give a damn about a preseason game...and I may by underestimating...but, I think it was clear that the game meant much more to TB than it did to Cinci...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s difficult to gage the motivation of a team in preseason just because the coaches evaluating have different things they want to see.  That may or may not translate to what they’d do in the regular season. Plus the pride factor just stepping on the field has to count as well. I’m hard pressed to say they didn’t care. But you can’t exactly rule it out.  Plus they are in a position not to care, they’ve been to the playoffs 4 years in a row.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I find it hard to believe that any professional sports team wants to get embarrassed on national TV. Giving zero (censored)s about a game will get them just that.

We can agree to disagree. I think you are overestimating how much players give a damn about a preseason game...and I may by underestimating...but, I think it was clear that the game meant much more to TB than it did to Cinci...

Obviously the backups care a lot about the game because theyre fighting for jobs, so I assume you are strictly talking about the starters. Which starters on Cinci did you see where they "clearly" didnt care?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously the backups care a lot about the game because theyre fighting for jobs, so I assume you are strictly talking about the starters. Which starters on Cinci did you see where they "clearly" didnt care?

I don't think that I can specifically call out certain players, but A.J. Green's play was certainly less than stellar...that gaff that led to a pick 6 was pretty bad. Dalton looked pretty awful as well...they just seemed "flat" and that is understandable, it's the second game of the preseason that mean very much to anybody who has a "spot". This is certainly not meant to belittle the Buc effort in any way, shape, or form. I team had intensity, confidence, and the ability to impose their will on the opponent. When I say the game "clearly" meant more to TB than Cinci...it has been reported by several outlets how giddy the Bucs where in the locker room post game. I can't say that I blame them, they hadn't tasted victory in RJS since Dec '13.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marine:  You can’t say that Cincy didn’t care because that means it is a slight on the Bucs.  We hadn’t won a home game under Lovie.  Our guys seemed a little pumped to get that first one.  Naw.  Couldn’t be.  SB 50(the NFL dropped the use of roman numerals for this one) here we come.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it is easy for teams that get whooped in the preseason to rationalize it as “just a preseason game.”  Bengals got beat from the opening whistle, and save the guys really fighting for roster spots in the 4th quarter, their guys lost the motivation.  I don’t think they came into the game unmotivated.  But once it got ugly, they didn’t show much fight.  Three straight turnovers will do that to you though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it is easy for teams that get whooped in the preseason to rationalize it as "just a preseason game."  Bengals got beat from the opening whistle, and save the guys really fighting for roster spots in the 4th quarter, their guys lost the motivation.  I don't think they came into the game unmotivated.  But once it got ugly, they didn't show much fight.  Three straight turnovers will do that to you though.

Viable^^^^^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about last night?  And overall for the pre-season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll give Winston a C- for last night. He made one real mistake, and that was because Mankins/EDS were whipped. Those guys are veterans and should have had some recognition of what was going to happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll also add that the C- is because Winston didn’t react to that better. Take the sack or just throw the thing at the feet of the defender.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

C-? C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTGJameis Winston 6/15 90 6.0 0 1 4-36 32.6C?  That's absolutely hilarious.  PR even gave him a D and it probably killed MC to do that.He's under 50% completion for the whole preseason.  No TD passes and 2 picks.  Numerous poor throws and decisions.  I think he's had maybe two decent drives all year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And numerous good throws. Regardless if the drive didn’t end well. Last night wasn’t great for anyone. We got whipped. Oline played terribly and Winston didn’t adjust. He also has 2 TD runs. Who cares if it’s a pass or a run?He's had some amazing throws and some head scratchers. Just what I'd expect from him. Now we get to see which direction he goes with it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I give him a D for last night, and a C overall for the preseason. He has shown some flashes of greatness, but has also made a lot of poor decisions. Typical for a rookie QB. Not sure why people are expecting him to be lights out right away, just unreasonable expectations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

C?He's 93rd overall in QBR.  Under 50% completion.  2 picks, no TD passes.Help me out.  I know I may grade him a little harder than others but how do you get a C, which is AVERAGE.  What has he done that is average so far?  His stats tell another story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d say he’s a long way from “lights out”, lol.  Pretty sure regular season’s expectations would be that he’d be at least a stone’s throw away of Mike Glennon’s career 83.7 rating and 2-1 TD/Int ratio, correct?  Don’t get me wrong, because I’m not expecting him to be better than Glennon, but most of Winston-World is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

C?He's 93rd overall in QBR.  Under 50% completion.  2 picks, no TD passes.Help me out.  I know I may grade him a little harder than others but how do you get a C, which is AVERAGE.  What has he done that is average so far?  His stats tell another story.

I am also taking the circumstances into consideration just like I do with all QB's. Rookie QB who is just getting the taste of his first NFL action, playing behind a god awful o-line. His numbers aren't great, but if you think it is all his fault, you are delusional. Lots of people love to peg all the blame on the QB and completely ignore that it is a TEAM sport. Without protection and receivers getting open, it doesn't matter who your QB is unless their name is Manning, Brees, Brady, Luck or Rodgers. I've been saying this since the Freeman days.Yes, Winston needs to improve protections at the line (would be a great if our bum of a Center could help him with that), be more accurate with the football and make smarter decisions. I am not denying that and that is why I am giving him a C. However, it is hard to ask for that much out of a rookie QB who has pressure in his face under 2 seconds consistently. And at the same time, Winston has shown some flashes of brilliance. Against Cincy he had some excellent throws and seemed very comfortable in pocket (Shocker, the one game EDS misses). His throw to Sheppard and the drop by Tim Wright were perfect throws that not many QB's can make.  Like I said, this should be expected. He's a rookie QB who is going to have a very up and down year, especially if the o-line continues to play like it does.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

F-.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d give Winston a D for last night and a C/C+ for the preseason thus far. He is what most of thought he would be…a gunslinger. He’s going to make some throws that will blow your mind and he’ll make some decisions that will want you to put your remote through your television. He needs to improve on his footwork and his decision making. It will be a rough season for him if our O-Line continues to play like dogshlt. You know, the same problem that Glennon had but didn’t get a pass like Winston does. I'm confident he will get there, it's just going to take some time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pro Football Focus ?@PFF 6m6 minutes agoPro Football Focus retweeted Sam MonsonWas pressured on 40% of dropbacks vs Browns Pro Football Focus added,Sam Monson @PFF_SamJameis Winston's QB rating under pressure vs Cleveland was 0.0. That's not very good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pro Football Focus ?@PFF 6m6 minutes agoPro Football Focus retweeted Sam MonsonWas pressured on 40% of dropbacks vs Browns Pro Football Focus added,Sam Monson @PFF_SamJameis Winston's QB rating under pressure vs Cleveland was 0.0. That's not very good.

Warhop needs to be canned today. Koetter needs to gameplan better for the upcoming barrage of blitzes we'll see.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

C-? C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTGJameis Winston 6/15 90 6.0 0 1 4-36 32.6C?  That's absolutely hilarious.  PR even gave him a D and it probably killed MC to do that.He's under 50% completion for the whole preseason.  No TD passes and 2 picks.  Numerous poor throws and decisions.  I think he's had maybe two decent drives all year.

You don't even mention the o-line once in that reply.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would give him a C- and overall grade thus far a C+.  Learning how to deal with pressure is going to be tops.  Glennon had a learning curve and it is no different with Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am also taking the circumstances into consideration just like I do with all QB's. Rookie QB who is just getting the taste of his first NFL action, playing behind a god awful o-line. His numbers aren't great, but if you think it is all his fault, you are delusional. Lots of people love to peg all the blame on the QB and completely ignore that it is a TEAM sport. Without protection and receivers getting open, it doesn't matter who your QB is unless their name is Manning, Brees, Brady, Luck or Rodgers. I've been saying this since the Freeman days.Yes, Winston needs to improve protections at the line (would be a great if our bum of a Center could help him with that), be more accurate with the football and make smarter decisions. I am not denying that and that is why I am giving him a C. However, it is hard to ask for that much out of a rookie QB who has pressure in his face under 2 seconds consistently. And at the same time, Winston has shown some flashes of brilliance. Against Cincy he had some excellent throws and seemed very comfortable in pocket (Shocker, the one game EDS misses). His throw to Sheppard and the drop by Tim Wright were perfect throws that not many QB's can make.  Like I said, this should be expected. He's a rookie QB who is going to have a very up and down year, especially if the o-line continues to play like it does.

Thank you for a well thought out post.  Just so I'm on the same page, you are grading him on a curve because he's a rookie and the oline stinks?  I'm not asking for a TEAM grade however.  I am asking about his performance.  As someone posted above...he had a zero rating under pressure.  That's not all on the oline or coaching staff.  Someone said he was at OBP at 6 am watching film this week.  Uhhhhh...I don't think it helped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did Winston make good checks at the line?  Did he call for a hot read and make the throw a la Glennon from last week on the TD?  Winston comes from a pro-style offense.  Winston is the most pro-ready QB in years...blah blah blah.  He's just another rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m at a loss to hear that the 93rd rated QB is a C anything but that’s just me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is well ahead most rookie QB’s that I have watched.  The problem is the Bucs veterans on offense failed him big time.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Did Winston make good checks at the line?  Did he call for a hot read and make the throw a la Glennon from last week on the TD?  Winston comes from a pro-style offense.  Winston is the most pro-ready QB in years...blah blah blah.  He's just another rookie.

You would have a point if Winston sucked and Glennon was the bomb. But they both sucked so what does that point to?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you for a well thought out post.  Just so I'm on the same page, you are grading him on a curve because he's a rookie and the oline stinks?  I'm not asking for a TEAM grade however.  I am asking about his performance.  As someone posted above...he had a zero rating under pressure.  That's not all on the oline or coaching staff.  Someone said he was at OBP at 6 am watching film this week.  Uhhhhh...I don't think it helped.

Yes, I am grading him on a curve because of him being a rookie and a poor o-line.I understand you're not asking for a team grade, but part of (definitely not all) Winston's performance depends on the rest of the team to put him in a decent position to make plays. When the o-line is giving him 2-3 seconds to throw on every play that's not all his fault. Yes, it's most definitely part his fault because he is not calling out the correct protections and is making poor decisions when under pressure. I'm not denying this and I don't think anyone really is other than the fanboys.But at the same time, this is exactly why I am grading him on a scale. I'm not expecting a rookie QB to know all of the protections by week 3 of the pre-season and to be making all of the right decisions when he's constantly under pressure. That is part of the learning curve and is going to take some time for him to get down. Without a competent line, it is hard to grade him on the same scale as other QB's. I'm not even asking for a great o-line, I'm just looking for serviceable (like we had against Cincy. Again, the one game EDS was out who I believe is a huge culprit of the offensive struggles).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough but I think we can stop the playoff talk for now.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Fair enough but I think we can stop the playoff talk for now.

I don't post here much but were fans sayin playoffs? Thatsa frekin nuts. I think 8-8 would be a small miracle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

D.

Please wait…

Viewing 94 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.