Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 63 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

overall score considering the guys we drafted vs the needs we have…Best Draft grade in many years......... I'm giving it an A-Very impressed with what we took....very, very happy

• Anonymous

Inactive

C-Poor understanding of value, left too many superior players on the board, and worst of all failed to address major needs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Grade is subject to South Howard…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like the  Hargreaves and Spence picks…the other clowns drag the grade down

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d give it a B or B-. I think Spence was a home run. I don’t mind Hargraves at 9, but not super excited. Trading up for Augoyo was stupid, but  I don’t hate the player.  I don’t know much about Smith but we have 6 or 7 corners now so I don’t really get that pick, unless he plays Safety.

• mailmanrec

Participant

We got help in some of our most needed positions, and got one of the steals of the draft in Noah Spence. I loved our first 3 picks (Hargreaves, Spence, Aguayo), but I do not think we needed to trade up for Aguayo. I think Vitale the fullback was a good pick but other than that I was not a big fan. The NCCU CB in the 4th round is questioning unless he plays safety. We did not get a WR which is disappointing considering all of the WR talent this draft.  Overall I would give this draft a B-, it had its goods and it's bad

• Anonymous

Inactive

Before Aguyao A…AA (after Aguayo)A+

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd give it a B or B-. I think Spence was a home run. I don't mind Hargraves at 9, but not super excited. Trading up for Augoyo was stupid, but  I don't hate the player.  I don't know much about Smith but we have 6 or 7 corners now so I don't really get that pick, unless he plays Safety.

Koetter did say that Smith will start out at Safety.

• Anonymous

Inactive

F-

• Anonymous

Inactive

F-

sorry Mr Barth

• Anonymous

Inactive

Overall a better draft than last year because of fewer questions on the first (3) picks.A+

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bit of a head scratcher overall tbh. Either a flash of genius or wtf? Only time will tell.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Per Licht’s statement that he wanted 5 starters out of this Draft. I see 3..... 1 + 2  + 2b.....C-

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vernon HargreavesNoah SpenceRoberto AguayoRyan SmithCaleb BenenochDevante BondDan Vitale- It's the same thing during the Lovie era; good players, but who did we passup on for what?  An alright corner but not a shutdown corner vs Rankins. It's like these guys don't want to dominate in the trenches.  draft grade B- Good interesting players, but missed opportunities imagine McCoy/Rankins/Noah Spence/ (Robert Ayers/Jaques Smith/Gholston)- they should convert Hargreaves to safety while they're at it!

• Anonymous

Inactive

F-

You get 4 starters and you grade it an F?  ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t really like the Devante Bond pick. I would probably switch that for Mike Thomas WR. And I still don’t think we should have traded up for a kicker that would have been there in 3. But besides that I’m pretty happy about it. Especially our first two picks and Vitale. I give it a B

• Anonymous

Inactive

Per Licht's statement that he wanted 5 starters out of this Draft. I see 3..... 1 + 2  + 2b.....C-

Definitely 4 with Vitale. Ryan Smith should have an opportunity to get on the field at Safety at some point of the year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd give it a B or B-. I think Spence was a home run. I don't mind Hargraves at 9, but not super excited. Trading up for Augoyo was stupid, but  I don't hate the player.  I don't know much about Smith but we have 6 or 7 corners now so I don't really get that pick, unless he plays Safety.

Totally agree with a B minus and your comments.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There were three main attitudes on this board going into this draft:A) those that wanted us to trade backB) those that wanted us to draft a top CBC) those that wanted us to draft a top DESo what happens? We go out and do ALL THREE - then we go out and get a historically good kicker to patch up a major hole to bootWhat the hell is there not to like?  A+

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am giving it a solid CToo bad we pissed away two early picks on a kicker, but outside of that it was a decent draft. Would have easily been a A- without the kicker fiasco.Here's hoping he never, ever misses any kicks, or ever has any long returns.

• Anonymous

Inactive

B+Rd 1:  Getting Hargreaves after a small trade down was a big win, consensus was that he was a tiny bit overdrafted at 9 so, problem solved, well done.Rd 2 Pick 8: Noah Spence was great value and right now has as much potential as a pass rusher as any player drafted.  Big upside, great pick.Rd 2 Pick 28: Quality player, bad trade and draft value.  Aguayo basically has to be a consistently top 5 kicker for the next 10 years for this to have been good value.  Having a dependable kicker is extremely valuable and rare, is Aguayo one?        From purely a draft perspective, the Bucs undoubtedly lost the trade according to any trade value chart but does again demonstrate our GM's willingness to maneuver in the draft for a player he loves, which I definitely like from a general perspective.Rd 4 Pick 10: Don't know much about Ryan Smith so mostly a wait and see for me.  From the stats, seems like he was a much better playmaker early in his career at safety so I like that that's where we try him first.Rd 5 Pick 9: I've seen lots of Caleb Benenoch as a big time UCLA football fan in LA.  He has always been a solid but unspectacular starter who probably would have benefited from blocking for freshman phenom QB Josh Rosen for another year.  Had he done so you are looking at a 2-3 round prospect.  Lots of room for growth, exactly the kind of guy good teams draft in the 5th round.  Rd. 6 Pick 8:  Initially not a big fan of this pick but seems like there might be an interesting story here as his production is actually very good considering his lack of actually playing in games.Rd 6 Pick Pick 22:  I love the pick of "Superback" Dan Vitale.  I started a thread on him right after the combine, love this pick.Overall grade depressed by bad value in the Aguayo trade/pick but really a very strong draft.

• tlclay74

I agree with the OP. (A-)I particularly loved the Roberto Aguayo pick. It's been a long time since I have been confident in the kicking game... Anyone remember Kyle Brindza? *pukes slightly rises in throat* Good times ahead!

• Anonymous

Inactive

You walk away with the best pure edge player in the 2nd, a player I was pining for at #9. Plus you end up with the best off-man/zone and run defense corner.Oh and a fucking kicker in the 2nd round.Vitale is an interesting move TE/big slot option late.Solid B.If the trade up was for Justin Simmons, the 4th was Billings, and the 5th was Higgins it would be an A+.But alas I don't know shit about the day 3 guys outside of Vitale and could end up great players.

• Anonymous

Inactive

First two picks – A+++Next five picks - C

• Anonymous

Inactive

Solid A. Hargreaves is talented and can learn under Grimes. Spence was solid and can learn under Ayers. Aguayo was brilliant and it didn’t cost us anything. We got our first round pick and a trader pick, so why not move up? There hasn’t been a kicker with that kind of talent since Janikowski, and he’s rockin nearly 20 years. We got 3 areas of need in the first 2 rounds. Anyone that doesn’t believe an elite kicker is important, didn’t watch last season.The rest are hit or miss. I don't expect much more than depth after the first few rounds. We did that, in my opinion.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There were three main attitudes on this board going into this draft:A) those that wanted us to trade backB) those that wanted us to draft a top CBC) those that wanted us to draft a top DESo what happens? We go out and do ALL THREE - then we go out and get a historically good kicker to patch up a major hole to bootWhat the hell is there not to like?  A+

That pretty much says it all. Great draft. Even though I didn't like trading back into the 2nd for a Kicker. Though that could be a pick we learn to love. Or hate. Either way too early to tell. This draft should be remembered by the first two picks though. Hargreaves and/or Spence could bust but right now these guys look like good picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

F-

Yeah, it would've been an A+ but we traded up 15 spots for a kicker. Kickers don't affect games. This draft gets an F.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just in case anyone else was wondering, here is how some of the other football sites graded our draft. FWIW nobody outside of the Red Board has put a high grade on the Aguayo pickhttp://www.bucsnation.com/2016/4/30/11543628/2016-nfl-draft-grades-fs-and-as-for-buccaneers-second-round-effortsPro Football Focus' Mike Renner named Roberto Aguayo as his single worst draft pick of day two, noting that he only went 14-for-22 on 40+-yard kicks the past two years, and the grading team gave them a D- for the selection. They did at least give the Bucs a B+ for Noah SpenceHigh grades for Spence and low grades for Aguayo is kind of a theme. Walter Football gave the Bucs an A for Spence, as they did for Hargreaves, but them liking what the Bucs couldn't possibly last. A "KICK THE KIELBASA INTO THE BACKSIDE MILLEN" grade for Aguayo. That's bad, in case you hadn't figured that out.Sports Illustrated's Doug Farrar: A+ for Spence, F for Aguayo. CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: B for Spence, F for the kicker. Eric Edholm of Yahoo!'s Shutdown Corner: A- for the pass rusher, D for a placekicker. Mike Tanier of Bleacher Report: A for Spence, F for Aguayo.All in all, that was to be expected. Perhaps we'll view this pick differently in four years, if Aguayo does very well. We'll have to wait and see.

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 / Hargreaves / B+I'd give this one a B straight because I think most figured this was the guy at 9 but I bumped us up to a B+ because we got an extra 4th rounder out of the deal.2A / Spence / A+Great value, best player available, and a big need. Should have been gone, but the draft worked for us this way.2B / Aguayo / CAwesome kicker, but I do think he's there if we wait until round 3. Just didn't like the trade up, that's all. Excited to have Aguayo nevertheless.4 / Smith / BProject player who fell about where he should go, could be an intriguing safety prospect for us next season. Good footwork and some return ability, so ability to contribute early on special teams should give him a very good shot at our active roster.5 / Benenoch / AGreat pick but I'm big on building the trenches so call me impartial. Quality Character player born out of Nigeria who faced tough competition at UCLA. I think he starts the season as a backup, he should need a season to develop. Might need to flash some talent at guard to earn an active roster position.6 / Bond / CJust didn't see enough from him, looks the part of a SAM / Special Teamer on one hand, also looks the part of a free agent after a first wave of cuts.6 / Vitale / ADon't think Vitale should be here, but teams don't value fullbacks as much anymore. Freakish physical ability and experience playing a variety of positions. Vitale is the new Ricky Razzano.  ;D

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Noah Spence will be a huge steal and coupled with just an overall improvement in our Secondary with these guys and Grimes, we are going to be feeling really good about this draft in a few months. A dependable kicking game is huge, but that was a lot of resources. Licht hit so much on those first 2 picks that he had that luxury, but it is a swing for the fences that a guy is a Hall of Famer type move. The guys I would have wanted over Aguayo would have been Javon Hargrave, Matt Judon and Moritz Boehringer (would have had to move some, but possible based on where the guys went). If Aguayo is great though, you’ll have to give it to Licht for it being a baller move.All the 3rd day picks seem solid. Ryan Smith is a Special Teamer and likely starter in that Safety rotation because you always need a few of those guys. Benonoch seems like he could be a starter, if not as a rookie over Dotson, then next year.  It sounds from what Koetter said like he may be playing that 6th man role (I wonder if it will be over Pamphile?) Bond is a special teamer you hope can be the SAM after a year, and we all loved Dan Vitale. This draft gets an A from me no matter what, just on Spence and Hargreaves and outside of the Kicker having solid picks all around. If Aguayo is a clutch playoff, Supberowl winning kicker, then obviously it goes to A++

• Anonymous

Inactive

C-Poor understanding of value, left too many superior players on the board, and worst of all failed to address major needs.

What, no D in your pocket? You are slipping dude.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like the  Hargreaves and Spence picks...the other clowns drag the grade down

Maybe we should wait to see them perform before declaring them "clowns".

• Anonymous

Inactive

F-

Maybe he's a Carolina fan.  ;)

• Anonymous

Inactive

I give it a C-. Got Spence which is the only day 1 starter drafted. Wasted 2 picks on a kicker, drafted a short armed somewhat slow CB in the top 15. The other guys are depth/ a couple of years away from starting.

• dalaca

Participant

I honestly can’t say this year. I'm not really familiar with anyone we took. (Actually, haven't even taken a look at who we took. Did we just draft the five people? (CB, DE, K, CB, & FB?)

• billym

Participant

I give it a C-. Got Spence which is the only day 1 starter drafted. Wasted 2 picks on a kicker, drafted a short armed somewhat slow CB in the top 15. The other guys are depth/ a couple of years away from starting.

i agree with this guy

• Anonymous

Inactive

F-

Maybe he's a Carolina fan.  ;)

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

• Anonymous

Inactive

Before Aguyao A...AA (after Aguayo)A+

100% correct...  Of those 3 players which will have the best opportunity to WIN a game?

• Anonymous

Inactive

100% correct...  Of those 3 players which will have the best opportunity to WIN a game?

The same one with the best opportunity to lose one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Overall?  Solid C

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vernon Hargreaves – B- He's an average corner who will get pushed out of his lanes or off coverage by bigger receivers at the line of scrimmage. Just a younger clone of Verner.Noah Spence -A  Solid choice who has upside as he matures further. This man is hungry and has skills. That's what we need.Roberto Aguayo -D+ I don't give him an "F" only because he's our kicker for the next 8 to 10 years and he will be fine. But trading up and wasting picks for a kicker who would have been available in the 3rd round when we have demonstrated a lack of depth at EVERY position but QB? Just stupid.Ryan Smith -C  He's either camp meat or a special teams phenom. I only offer 50/50 odds on him making the team. The level of competition is much higher than what he's been used to and he won't make the adjustment. Something about the Bucs trying to find another Ronde Barber when there isn't one...Caleb Benenoch -B Possibly a hidden gem. Has experience with a pro-style attack and could grow into a good back up then starter in the next few years.Devante Bond -C- Probably could have picked him up as a UFA. Nothing special either camp meat or special teams if he's lucky and performs well in camp.Dan Vitale -B+ Has potential to become that sneaky FB/All purpose big back which Koetter's offense loves. Instead of 3 TE sets he can go into motion in the backfield, etc. Not a bad pick if he picks up the offense quickly.Overall: C-Some missed opportunities especially adding depth to the DL and OL.

• Anonymous

Inactive

exactly!  And that is why you draft the most accurate kicker in CFB history.

• Anonymous

Inactive

F-

sorry Mr Barth

lol nice. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would give it a B+. I love the Hargreaves and Spence picks. The Aguayo pick was a tad bit of a reach but I definitely don’t hate it. I like the Smith pick because there is a chance he could start at safety for us and the Benenoch pick is a great stash for the offensive line. The last 2 picks are good depth/special teams picks. All in all good draft and very excited for next season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

B+I'm not going to ding the draft because the Bucs didn't draft some player I liked because I watched a couple you tube highlight videos. Unlike some arm chair scouts on here...

• Anonymous

Inactive

B+I'm not going to ding the draft because the Bucs didn't draft some player I liked because I watched a couple you tube highlight videos. Unlike some arm chair scouts on here...

+1

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have watched all the videos I can find on the picks. Vh3 is going to give up a lot of TD's in the league to guys that are bigger, he is also going to give up a bunch to guys that are faster. Ryan Smith will be a good STer, Dan Vitale can possibly be a 3rd TE that will need to learn how to block, Benenoch is a guy that will have to sit for a year and could be a starter or at the very least real depth in 2017, and Bond? Probably a practice squad guy, possibly a depth LBer at some point in his career.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have watched all the videos I can find on the picks. Vh3 is going to give up a lot of TD's in the league to guys that are bigger, he is also going to give up a bunch to guys that are faster. Ryan Smith will be a good STer, Dan Vitale can possibly be a 3rd TE that will need to learn how to block, Benenoch is a guy that will have to sit for a year and could be a starter or at the very least real depth in 2017, and Bond? Probably a practice squad guy, possibly a depth LBer at some point in his career.

I disagree with your Hargreaves scouting report. Will he give up big plays? For sure they all do but IMO he will cause a lot of turnovers and bring great run support. He will also be c a leader. The only pick that I question is the bond pick. Not sure about him. I wanted Aguayo. I would have waited till the 3rd but the Bucs went up and got their man so I don't have a problem with it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not arguing against the guy. I simply disagree with where he was picked and what we gave up. I think he would've been in the 3rd and possibly the 4th.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im thinking B.Love the VH3 pick.  I wouldn't have made it, but I think he's gonna be a great player for the next decade.  No off field concerns, high character, stud.  Some folks are worried, but some just like to worry. Nobody is perfect, but him at 5"10 ain't gonna make any difference IMO.Love the spence pick.  Would have been fine if we took him at 9, so at 39?  Perfect.  I was high on him early, starting just really liking everyone in the draft though.  But he's arguably the best DE in the draft.Love aguayo.  Hate how we got him.  I hate to hear that we could have drafted him later - no one knows that.  I wouldn't have drafted a K that early.  But I think he's a stud.  I would have held out and if we lost him we are still stable with Barth.  But again, he's a top notch K.Was shocked when we took smith.  Wanted a truer safety.  But hearing he is gonna play safety for us?  Perfect.  Yuccs likes him, that's enough for me.  He sounds like a deep safety with speed?  Exactly what we need.Caleb - hardworking OT with upside?  Right on.Bond - I really wanted Scooby wright.  This is a very similar player it seems.  SLB with rush skills.  His 10yard split and vert are similar to Von Miller.  His 3 cone and shuttle are not.Vitale - I know he was a fan favorite before the draft.The only gripe I have are what ifs.  What if we drafted more DL help.  What if we drafted a different safety?  But I think the K we have now is a stud, so I'm not that upset. 

• JonMott

Participant

Vernon HargreavesNoah SpenceRoberto AguayoRyan SmithCaleb BenenochDevante BondDan Vitale- It's the same thing during the Lovie era; good players, but who did we passup on for what?  An alright corner but not a shutdown corner vs Rankins. It's like these guys don't want to dominate in the trenches.  draft grade B- Good interesting players, but missed opportunities imagine McCoy/Rankins/Noah Spence/ (Robert Ayers/Jaques Smith/Gholston)- they should convert Hargreaves to safety while they're at it!

Im really questioning your football knowledge.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Perfectly said. We did everything we could have hoped for and more. We legitimately drafted 3 starters and perhaps 5 or more when it's all said and done. Haters gonna hate! Anyone that can't see this was a golden egg, not a turd draft...is not fit for fandom. Turn in your Bucs fan card b!tches!We drafted, check that trade up for a kicker...boo fuggin' hoo. How many 3rd & 4th round picks wash out? We just solved a position for a decade or more. JL knocked it out of the park! A ++++++++

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im thinking B.Love the VH3 pick.  I wouldn't have made it, but I think he's gonna be a great player for the next decade.  No off field concerns, high character, stud.  Some folks are worried, but some just like to worry. Nobody is perfect, but him at 5"10 ain't gonna make any difference IMO.

No disrespect, but if you think he's a 10 year starter, then it has to be a slam dunk pick.The speed and size deal is vastly overblown...He's big and fast enough. Hargreaves is very similar to another Florida CB, Joe Haden. Mentality and instincts are 2 of the most important attributes of a successful corner. VH III has what he needs(in spades) and isn't limited by anything physically.I think he's an A+ pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d go:VH3 - FSpence - AAguayo - FSmith - ARest - ?1 - I think the pick of VH3 is just really, really bad on multiple levels. I don't think any CB is worth taking this high regardless of measurables, but taking one that's this small means you can't legit have him cover every wide receiver without being at a major disadvantage against the bigger ones.2 - My favorite player in the draft and my preferred pick in the first round. The most important part of defense, pressuring the passer, and the Bucs might have gotten the best pass rusher in the second round.3 - I expect him to be an excellent kicker and I'm a fan of his because he's a Buc, but I don't even know how it's possible to justify the cost.4 - All of the draft guys I follow love this kid, he has versatility and can contribute on special teams. I don't know enough about the rest of the players to say anything.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd go:VH3 - FSpence - AAguayo - FSmith - ARest - ?1 - I think the pick of VH3 is just really, really bad on multiple levels. I don't think any CB is worth taking this high regardless of measurables, but taking one that's this small means you can't legit have him cover every wide receiver without being at a major disadvantage against the bigger ones.2 - My favorite player in the draft and my preferred pick in the first round. The most important part of defense, pressuring the passer, and the Bucs might have gotten the best pass rusher in the second round.3 - I expect him to be an excellent kicker and I'm a fan of his because he's a Buc, but I don't even know how it's possible to justify the cost.4 - All of the draft guys I follow love this kid, he has versatility and can contribute on special teams. I don't know enough about the rest of the players to say anything.

Love the RA grade...BRILLIANT!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im thinking B.Love the VH3 pick.  I wouldn't have made it, but I think he's gonna be a great player for the next decade.  No off field concerns, high character, stud.  Some folks are worried, but some just like to worry. Nobody is perfect, but him at 5"10 ain't gonna make any difference IMO.

No disrespect, but if you think he's a 10 year starter, then it has to be a slam dunk pick.The speed and size deal is vastly overblown...He's big and fast enough. Hargreaves is very similar to another Florida CB, Joe Haden. Mentality and instincts are 2 of the most important attributes of a successful corner. VH III has what he needs(in spades) and isn't limited by anything physically.I think he's an A+ pick.

i think Haden is a fine pick, I think the draft overall is a B.

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL.comTampa Bay Buccaneers Draft picks: Vernon Hargreaves (No. 11 overall), Noah Spence (No. 39 overall), Roberto Aguayo (No. 59 overall), Ryan Smith (No. 108), Caleb Benenoch (No. 148), Devante Bond (No. 183), Dan Vitale (No. 197) Day 1 grade: A Day 2 grade: C Day 3 grade: B+ Overall grade: B The skinny: The Bucs picked up a fourth-round pick, which in this draft is a potential starter. And they got the playmaker they wanted at No. 9 in Hargreaves! You knew the Bucs would pick a pass rusher in this draft, even after signing Robert Ayers. Spence is a good fit for their defense, and fell in the right spot in the draft given his off-field issues. Picking a kicker in the second round will always be questioned, especially when you give up an early fourth-round pick in a deep draft to do so. But he's a darn good kicker -- a position becoming more important with the recent rule changes. Obviously the team understood the issues they faced in the secondary, getting a well-respected cover guy in Smith. Benenoch would have been picked in the third round in a draft with less depth. He'll be a starter at guard or tackle very soon. Northwestern "Superback" Vitale can fit multiple roles for the Bucs.

• firecapt27

Participant

Heargeaves-  B-/C+ hard to justify taking a 5 10" cornerback 4.5 speed with the 11th pick. He has great competitiveness, I love that about him, but his measurables in a normal draft justify late 1st , 2nd round pickSpence-  AAguayo- D just cant justify taking him that early, he is not janikowski, dustin hopkin/fsu probably had stronger leg just not as accurate and he is struggling to make it in nfl(bills cut him). I am fsu alumnus and aguayo fan.Ryan Smith-  B-/C+ Didnt follow him, thought of of other def backs ,but can actually understand the allure of this sleeper pick. This pick was a need and a player with interesting traits and measurablesBenenoch-  C  no one really mentioned this guy , even as a sleeper,  but combine #s were good . labelled a projectdevante bond-  D-  nothing to suggest this guy was draftable, major reachVitale- C  6 1" 239lbs below average size, but is fast enuff. He sounds like he was a fantastic college player, but was college ball his peak, just doesnt seem big enuff for nfl

• Anonymous

Inactive

i agree with this guy

Same. I grade it out as a C. We got a really nice pass rush specialist who has a big motor and loves practice. Hargreaves may be a hit or miss, hard to say given his size. But, he addresses a need and comes qualified as hell. I like Aguayo the kicker. Love it. But it was a head scratcher at the very least. Adding pressure to the kid before he steps into the locker room is not a good idea, nor was trading up to snag him when solid players were left on the board that may have shored up thin ranks. But what’s done is done. Hopefully he doesn’t have a fragile ego, and continues to snipe and work on the longer ranged field goals. If his effective range is 53-55, he was a serious reach. For what they paid and where they got him, he better be able to hit an occasional 58 harder, lol. Other guys?  Depth. Don't know much about them...sound like good prospects. Time will tell. Hargreaves worries me. He's going to get tested early. And often. Against some huge, polished wideouts. Big dudes.

• firecapt27

Participant

Quote from: PeanutGallery on Today at 05:04:50 AMQuote from: GIJoeWasThere on Yesterday at 11:18:45 PMI give it a C-. Got Spence which is the only day 1 starter drafted. Wasted 2 picks on a kicker, drafted a short armed somewhat slow CB in the top 15. The other guys are depth/ a couple of years away from starting.i agree with this guySame. I grade it out as a C. We got a really nice pass rush specialist who has a big motor and loves practice. Hargreaves may be a hit or miss, hard to say given his size. But, he addresses a need and comes qualified as hell. I like Aguayo the kicker. Love it. But it was a head scratcher at the very least. Adding pressure to the kid before he steps into the locker room is not a good idea, nor was trading up to snag him when solid players were left on the board that may have shored up thin ranks. But what's done is done. Hopefully he doesn't have a fragile ego, and continues to snipe and work on the longer ranged field goals. If his effective range is 53-55, he was a serious reach. For what they paid and where they got him, he better be able to hit an occasional 58 harder, lol. Other guys?  Depth. Don't know much about them...sound like good prospects. Time will tell. Hargreaves worries me. He's going to get tested early. And often. Against some huge, polished wideouts. Big dudes.Pretty much agree with all this, like spence and can live with what he becomes, worth the risk. Would have preferred DT help as opposed to heargraves, did not like the cornebacks that much in this draft, like william jackson the most  . The only pick outside of spence that intrigues me is ryan smith. Heargraves I can live with, aguayo lots of pressure just hope he doesnt hit a slump, can mess up a kickers head.Not excited and hopeful in any way of benenoch, bond . Vitale will be fun to watch but dont like his chances at next level.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not arguing against the guy. I simply disagree with where he was picked and what we gave up. I think he would've been in the 3rd and possibly the 4th.

You may be right though he was rated the 69th player in the draft and the BUCS pick was at #74.  Moving up from that pick with an extra pick that we didn't have before the draft was a slight reach at #59 but with the new kicking rules... ie  Only 5 teams converted all their extra points last season I think the fact that Roberto has never missed inside the 40 nor has ever missed an extra point is worth that 10 point reach.  The fact that the talking heads are blasting the Bucs for the pick yet praising the cowboys for a player that won't even play next year shows they have no credibility and are ignoring the rule change on extra points.  As I stated he will have the biggest impact on scoring of any BUC drafted.  That is important to me but I understand how others seem to think that has little importance.  It is called looking at the bigger picture rather than waiting for the first FG miss by Roberto and claiming the criticism was valid.  Kind of like Winston's first game and declaring what a horrible pick he was for the BUCS.. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

VH3 = A+ every team could use a CB like him to cover the fast shifty receivers and has tremendous ball skills. Dude is from Tampa and brings more attitude to the defense.Spence = A+ My favorite player in the draft. Nuff said.Aguayo = A+ NO MORE CONOR BARTH!! aka the "Momentum Killer" Rest of the picks get a B. Overall an A-.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am somewhere between B and C, let’s say C+

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.