Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• TampaBayBucs55

Participant

Hopefully, the Bucs have shaken all the preseason rust off by now. 5 weeks in and its time to see who these guys are. No Vea is going to hurt. Best player on the defense this year. Hope we can still get a good pass rush.

Offense will need to start playing as advertised or we have no shot this week. Not sure why Brate wasn’t on the field more last week. Don’t really want to see us throwing the ball to Tanner Hudson anymore. We only face one team with a record below .500 the next 7 weeks. We have to start playing good ball and it has to start this week.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Bucs have been talking like they’re putting it together and every week it’s nothing more than talk. Even at 3-1 it didn’t really feel like the bucs were a good team yet, and at the bears that was very evident. They’re going to need to play 4 quarters as good as they typically play one quarter just to compete against the packers, who are the best team we played all season by a mile, and i see that as unlikely. I got to be realistic here and I expect Rodgers to put on a show with Adams back against this defense. This will also be a first in that nobody is going to pick the bucs to win like in previous weeks, and for very good reason.

• ghost

Participant

chiefs were 4-0 and got handled by the raiders

10 days and a pissed off brady, i expect it to be competitive

• theknees

Participant

Tom Brady at 43 isn’t a guy who can get in a pissing match with Aaron Rodgers. If Tampa has any chance of winning, it’s because the defense plays lights out.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Well we are 1/3 of the way done and we NEVER got the pleasure of ONE lousy game of ALL our weapons 100%. All the hype and build up has been a huge letdown. Not blaming anyone but “ IF” we are to beat Green Bay or do anything this season. We have to get our weapons healthy.
      Most notably Chris Godwin. He is the most complete WR on the team, and top ten in the entire NFL. He can line up anywhere and hit on any route. Not to mention how him out there helps in maximizing Evans and Miller’s strengths.
      As a defense we were susceptible to blitzes before Vita got hurt. I believe we take a step backwards defensively. Thus we will HAVE to win some shootouts. Obviously the full Bucs arsenal helps in winning them.

• BucBalla85

Participant

It will be a tough game. I think they can still win though. If we can stop the penalties and finish some drives with some points more often then we will be fine. Gotta keep arod in check. Always easier said than done. I do like how our d has played. Will be interesting to see how they do now that vea is gone.

• creamsicles

Participant

Logic suggests otherwise, but I have a good feeling about the GB game. I had a very bad feeling about the Chicago game.

My feeling is contingent on Godwin, Evans, and Miller being healthy (Fournette would be a bonus).

• seekpar

Participant

If the Bucs play defense vs the Packers like they did vs the Bears, it’ll be a long day for them. If you’re going to try and pressure Rodgers, get those damn DBs pressing hard at the line of scrimmage, not 8 yards off.

• Castro

Participant

The defense will be tested here. As Arians said, we will know what type of team we are after this game.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Gb only favored by 1.5. Surprised by that.

• Biggs3535

Participant

It sucks that this was GB’s bye week.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Diehard nailed it. Are we EVER going to get. Game with both Evans AND Godwin both playing at 100%? Our offense will be unrecognizable if that ever happens. These two have to heal up and start contributing if we’re going to make any noise in this league.

• BP1

Participant

Is it me or do we always seem to play better against a quarterback with a big name?

• Dave

Participant

Hopefully piss poor coaching doesn’t cost us again. No reason we can’t win this week, even without Vita. Bucs by 10

• Detrimental

Participant

Davis will erase Adams. The other DB’s need to NOT get dominated and we will be in this game. I’m curious to see how the OL will respond after getting embarrassed in the spotlight.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

I think the Bucs will respond well, at home, and without the good press to give them the big head.

I also think it is fortunate for SMB that Lazzard is out. Biggest spotlight this week will be on Nacho to see if he is truly ready to step up. He got great hype this offseason, and he voices all the confidence in the world. If he can show it on the field, then we can beat anyone. Our front 7 needs to win against GBs OL in the run and pass, or AAron will feast on our secondary.

• TampaBayBucs55

Participant

After mulling over this game all week, I think I’ve found a glimer of hope for Sunday.

Week 1 – Vikings (1-4)
      Week 2 – Lions (1-3)
      Week 3 – Saints (3-2)
      Week 4 – Falcons (0-5)

That Saints (3-2) win was only a 7 point win. The loss of Vita Vea is a huge hit, but if the DL can still produce without him and our stars on offense (Godwin, Miller, Evans, and Fournette) are healthy again, this came could be a toss up, as opposed to a long shot. Should be a good one.

GO BUCS!!!!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Yeah it does.

As much as I hate to say it, I think LaFleur is going to out-coach Arians in every way this weekend.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Hoping our offense can hold tight in a shootout. LaFleur’s offense has been fun to watch, and much more modern than ours. I struggle to see our defense stopping it, much, and could easily see a defense on it’s heels, missing Vea, also having their worst week against the run all season in this one.

• Pennywise

Participant

I’m thinking bucs beat packers….if the offense keeps penalties 2 or less

• leeroybuc93

Participant

What’s going to change from what we’ve seen? We’re getting Godwin back but we lost Vea. I haven’t seen anything that suggests we’re a 12-4 team.

• TampaBayBucs55

Participant

What’s going to change from what we’ve seen? We’re getting Godwin back but we lost Vea. I haven’t seen anything that suggests we’re a 12-4 team.

You are being dismissive of TIME. If these guys start clicking (could happen any given week) they have the ability to fo toe to toe with GB…no doubt.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Yeah it does.

As much as I hate to say it, I think LaFleur is going to out-coach Arians in every way this weekend.

I’m looking forward to the LaFleur/Bowles matchup. Both guys are excellent playcallers.

The Pettine/Leftwich matchup isn’t a good for TB, although TB does have superior talent.

Bruce is just going be over there screaming obscenities and mismanaging the clock.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Hopefully we will stick with the run if it’s working this week. Thought we didn’t run enough in the second half last week, when it was working well and our WR roster was thin.

• BChaves8

Participant

Should be bale to compete if the offense is healthy. Worried about Rogers tearing up the secondary though. JPP and Shaq really need to bring their A game and get some heat on Rogers.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Hopefully we will stick with the run if it’s working this week. Thought we didn’t run enough in the second half last week, when it was working well and our WR roster was thin.

The run is a plus vs Green bay in Florida heat. The high has been in the 40’s up there this week.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Let’s go Buccaneers!! 🏴‍☠️

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.