Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• Stagger Lee

Participant

3rd different story in 3 weeks . . crickets from the guys who care about free speech, wire tapping citizens, government intrusion

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/20/politics/trump-secretly-obtained-cnn-reporter-records/index.html

Trump administration secretly obtained CNN reporter’s phone and email records

The Trump administration secretly sought and obtained the 2017 phone and email records of a CNN correspondent, the latest instance where federal prosecutors have taken aggressive steps targeting journalists in leak investigations.

The Justice Department informed CNN Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr, in a May 13 letter, that prosecutors had obtained her phone and email records covering two months, between June 1, 2017 to July 31, 2017. The letter listed phone numbers for Starr’s Pentagon extension, the CNN Pentagon booth phone number and her home and cell phones, as well as Starr’s work and personal email accounts.

JBEAR IS PISSED (but he will not post)

GREENWALD IS OUTRAGEED (but he will not cover)

• Stagger Lee

Participant

@JBear got Betty White jokes but nothing when it comes to the Fuhrer

Not a single freakin Trumper?

But Cuomo …. in March (as Biggsly pointed out lol)

• jbear

Participant

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/opinion/sunday/if-donald-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.html

Your welcome from 2016.

Why would you want me to respond to this anyway. It’s an obvious troll. I talk about what I want and you do the same.

• jbear

Participant

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.

Your welcome.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.

Your welcome.

Or “you’re”

Trumps DOJ is okay because … Obama

Apples are the best fruit because … cannonballs

DeSantis is okay because Cuomo

Cheney should be fired fir not telling the Big Lie … because JBear doesn’t like her

(Sensing a common theme here)

• jbear

Participant

Or “you’re”

That’s weak. You know damned well I know the difference. You got nothin.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

@JBear

In a case of irony that almost tops Buggsy suggesting he could offer compassion (lol)

Your quote is from an OP-Ed written by the author of THIS earlier op-Ed

“ Reporters Face New Threats From the Governments They Cover
      The cases against Julian Assange and Glenn Greenwald may be models for a crackdown.”

Bwahahaaaa

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Or “you’re”

That’s weak. You know damned well I know the difference. You got nothin.

Lol.

I got possible compassion coming my way …

So that’s something

(“ It’s only a flesh wound”)

• jbear

Participant

You practically begged me to come in here. Why? It’s like you can’t remember all the inconvenient shit that happened before the orange guy.

My point isn’t that it’s ok my point is to mock your fake outrage. Because that’s what it is…. completely fake.

Can we agree on that and end this thread or do you want to argue that somehow someway you aren’t really a hypocrite? I really don’t see how you’re going to do that.

• jbear

Participant

Lol.

So that’s something

Don’t count on it…. lol

• Stagger Lee

Participant

point is to mock your fake outrage. Because that’s what it is…. completely fake.

Says the poster who was outraged at Obama but not Trump? Who worships Greenwald for his coverage of government overreach?

Probably didn’t think that one through

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Lol.

So that’s something

Don’t count on it…. lol

Damn?

I will try harder

• Stagger Lee

Participant

You practically begged me to come in here

Buggsy might say I mocked a loathsome sack

I wouldn’t say that though

• jbear

Participant

In a case of irony that almost tops Buggsy suggesting he could offer compassion (lol)

Your quote is from an OP-Ed written by the author of THIS earlier op-Ed

“ Reporters Face New Threats From the Governments They Cover
      The cases against Julian Assange and Glenn Greenwald may be models for a crackdown.”

Bwahahaaaa

Are you disputing that Obama spied on reporters and now you’re pretending to be outraged? Cause it’s pretty much an open and shut case….. Obama did spy on Reporters and worse and you’re outraged that the orange guy did it too? We might be on the same side then.

• jbear

Participant

Says the poster who was outraged at Obama but not Trump? Who worships Greenwald for his coverage of government overreach?

Probably didn’t think that one through

You’re actually going to argue the point? I addressed this already. I talk about what I want and you talk about what you want and Glen Greenwald talks about what he wants. You can no more force me to talk about what you want than I can force you to talk about Joe’s dementia or tapioca pudding day at the White house or Hunters laptop.

We all chose our battles but I can think of nothing that I would less like to do than join another Trump is an asshole thread as a part of team Karma. That’s a hard pass.

• jbear

Participant

I do give you credit for fighting through that first haymaker and fighting like a man but this battle was lost when you clicked submit.

• jbear

Participant

Now let me know when you find that video of Trump getting peed on by Russian hookers in a moscow hotel and we can have a good laugh….. I’ll hold my breath… Just kidding.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

I talk about what I want and you talk about what you want

And sometimes those two converge. Temporarily.

Like Ahmad Arbery and hate crimes (two words)

😁

• Stagger Lee

Participant

I do give you credit for fighting through that first haymaker and fighting like a man but this battle was lost when you clicked submit.

I can’t tell you how much that means to me.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Isn’t the clear and obvious point that Greenwald is cherry-picking stories to fit it liberal media narrative?

It goes back to why Greenwald sucks now… he writes for clicks, not for the truth and CERTAINLY not to brand himself as unbiased, bi-partisan, or moderate

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Isn’t the clear and obvious point that Greenwald is cherry-picking stories t

Yes and actually twisting them

That’s the point. The real world doesn’t have 24/7 outrage so that’s why you have Greenwald creating it.

No different than Ted Cruz tweeting about the 1st Am plaques

• Stagger Lee

Participant

4th story . . crickets from Greenwald?

• jbear

Participant

Isn’t the clear and obvious point that Greenwald is cherry-picking stories to fit it liberal media narrative?

It goes back to why Greenwald sucks now… he writes for clicks, not for the truth and CERTAINLY not to brand himself as unbiased, bi-partisan, or moderate

Isn’t the clear and obvious point that all media does this all the time but Glen Greenwald is one person. One person doesn’t have to cover all news because the public won’t know what’s going on if he doesn’t. Now on the other hand, when media coordinates to do something like suppress a story… like the laptop, like Joe’s gaff’s or just what they cover.

https://www.journalism.org/2021/04/28/at-100-day-mark-coverage-of-biden-has-been-slightly-more-negative-than-positive-varied-greatly-by-outlet-type/

About two-thirds of news coverage dealt with Biden’s policy agenda, while about three-quarters of early Trump coverage was framed around leadership skills

So yes it does matter but an individual journalist does not bear that responsibility.

There is also a really interesting graph that bears this out in that link.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lame excuse for Greenwald.

“He can’t cover all the news”.

Riiiiight, must just be a coincidence

• Stagger Lee

Participant

when media coordinates to do something like suppress a story… like the laptop

lol

• Stagger Lee

Participant

About two-thirds of news coverage dealt with Biden’s policy agenda, while about three-quarters of early Trump coverage was framed around leadership skills

this is completely understandable, right?

I mean, Trumpers play this like a victimization thing, like Trump was treated unfairly

Trump’s CHARACTER (“leadership style” is a euphemism) was the focus of coverage because Trump’s MO was to assault anyone who disagreed with him (media = “enemy of the people”), go it alone etc. and to do so DIRECTLY . . USING A VERY WIDE REACHING INFORMATION TOOL (TWITTER). The President often sets the news and almost every morning Trump aired a bunch of insane grievances on twitter, attacked people etc. This meant that the news was immediately set to him PERSONALLY because it was almost never policy, almost always grievance to rally his base (much of it FALSE) and no press secretary to really speak of. He was the direct source of everything, often times crossing wires with his own press secretary lol

This is precisely why Biden’s coverage is policy. Biden is a consensus building Senator. They also made a CONSCIOUS decision to be anti-Trump, to communicate from a press Secretary, and to quietly focus on POPULAR policy issues. If youre paying attention, you will actually dee Biden’s press sec refuse to really address Trump’s currently lunacy and certainly refuse to address “people are saying” type questions, the very essence of Trumpism.

Biden is boring. Trump was a tv show.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Trump’s CHARACTER (“leadership style” is a euphemism) was the focus of coverage because Trump’s MO was to assault anyone who disagreed with him (media = “enemy of the people”), go it alone etc. and to do so DIRECTLY . . USING A VERY WIDE REACHING INFORMATION TOOL (TWITTER).

right on cue

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The media unfair, victimhood mentality is so fucking funny.

The media doesn’t owe MAGA a damn thing. Stop being a whiny snowflake… you’ve got your alt-right echo chamber. Go to your safe space

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Trump intentionally or impulsively controlled the news cycle almost every day with his insane, signature grievance Twitter blasts every morning. He also INTENTIONALLY made everything about him. He has almost no cabinet and routinely stepped over people he appointed. Think of his CV19 “press conferences”

He was also appropriately impeached TWICE, events that dominated the news for months because of his Roy Cohen style of responding with “witch hunt” etc.

Lastly, partly out of ego, he used rallies to campaign and those rallies were always loaded with vile crap that was always going to control the news cycle.

He was a one man shit show so he was covered that way by a very antagonistic media (because he routinely told Americans they were the enemy lol)

NOW, come back time when Biden goes on National tv and accuses a female reporter of asking tough questions because she is on her periods or mocks a disabled guy

PFFFFFFFTTTTT…… snowflakes

• jbear

Participant

this is completely understandable, right?

I mean, Trumpers play this like a victimization thing, like Trump was treated unfairly

Trump’s CHARACTER (“leadership style” is a euphemism) was the focus of coverage because Trump’s MO was to assault anyone who disagreed with him (media = “enemy of the people”), go it alone etc. and to do so DIRECTLY . . USING A VERY WIDE REACHING INFORMATION TOOL (TWITTER). The President often sets the news and almost every morning Trump aired a bunch of insane grievances on twitter, attacked people etc. This meant that the news was immediately set to him PERSONALLY because it was almost never policy, almost always grievance to rally his base (much of it FALSE) and no press secretary to really speak of. He was the direct source of everything, often times crossing wires with his own press secretary lol

This is precisely why Biden’s coverage is policy. Biden is a consensus building Senator. They also made a CONSCIOUS decision to be anti-Trump, to communicate from a press Secretary, and to quietly focus on POPULAR policy issues. If youre paying attention, you will actually dee Biden’s press sec refuse to really address Trump’s currently lunacy and certainly refuse to address “people are saying” type questions, the very essence of Trumpism.

Biden is boring. Trump was a tv show.

One the one hand in one thread you claim to understand that there is media bias… here you pretend to not understand.

The media covers Joe Biden like he shits gold bricks. Lauren Wolfe gets the chills when the bettles..ehem I mean Joe Biden lands at the airport. I mean not Faux and alt right sites which is certainly a feather in their caps… a saving grace if you will. It’s not just the favorable coverage in general it’s the blatant refusal to cover anything remotely negative of the administration. I do not think it’s a conspiracy except perhaps in some newsrooms like CNN or the intercept. It’s just a whole bunch of biased, liberal leaning people spinning stories tinged with their world view.

Except the Hunter thing. Even you have to admit at this point that that was completely fucked. How do you censor a news story? I get why…. “OMG THIS MIGHT MAKE OUR SAVIOR LOSE!” …. obviously. I mean more obviously than that the U.S. demanded that France, Italy and Spain close it’s airspace to the Ecuadoran President because maybe Edward Snowden was onboard. Everyone knows, it’s not a debate.

The question now is how did it happen? And I am not saying as you will undoubtedly try to claim that I’m saying the laptop story was covered up because it proves Joe Biden is a crook in fact I never said that even though you imply that I did. It doesn’t prove anything but it’s embarrassing and would probably lead some people to believe Joe Biden could have known about it. This happens in every single cycle and you behave like it’s unprecedented. Negative stories about the opponent are paid for and pushed by one campaign against their opponent. That said for some reason the last time the story wasn’t supressed it instead started a 3 year investigation and impeachment trial.

Was the nonsense in the completely discredited dossier any more true than the laptop story? No Karma the answer is no.

• jbear

Participant

I am completely shocked that this devolved into a Trump bash!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Jbear, what you’re failing to recognize is that Biden has been an objectively (approval rating) better president thus far… in media, what you’re clamoring for is an equivalency bias.

Let’s put it in sports terms:

Brady gets better news coverage than Trubinsky.

Now you could say that isn’t fair to Trubinksy. Brady has better players, gets the calls, or whatever. And there may be some truth there.

But the reality is Brady gets better coverage because Brady is a better QB.

And that is the exact same with Trump. Everything he did, he did to himself. He CHOSE to call media the enemy, and spread his disinformation through less-credible news syndicates like Breitbart or OAN.

Life is full of choices

• Stagger Lee

Participant

I do not think it’s a conspiracy except perhaps in some newsrooms like CNN or the intercept.

Except the Hunter thing.

LOL

Jbear, what you’re failing to recognize is that Biden has been an objectively (approval rating) better president thus far… in media, what you’re clamoring for is an equivalency bias

and, importantly, objectively less incendiary. Call me crazy, but wehen the POTUS uses twitter to call the media an ‘enemy of the state” and to do all kinds of batshit crazy things EVERY MORNING . . and pushes aside medical experts to talk about injecting bleach etc . . the coverage is NOT going to be the same as Biden quietly fixing the vaccination rollout, passing CV9 aid unilaterally, now working on a infrastructure bill THAT TRUMP REFUSED TO PUT TO CONGRESS UNLESS . .. they withdrew an investigation of him

@JBear
      — before you spill more (non-Trumper, Libertarian) Trump tears, just think about this ONE DIRECT COMPARISON . . . Infrastructure

The INFRASTRUCTURE news story for Biden is ACCURATELY his efforts to bring Republican into a bill that Trump repeatedly touted BUT NEVER PASSED

The Infrastructure news story for Trump was ACCURATELY that he scuttled it HIMSELF in an hilarious fight at the White House with Pelosi and Schumer. This was the headline THAT RUMP CREATED in the LA Times

“Trump, angry over House investigations, blows up infrastructure meeting”

WHY DO I SAY TRUMP CREATED THE NEGATRIVE COVERSGE? Well, its right in the article:

Trump told reporters there that he gave the surprised Democratic leaders an ultimatum, warning that they needed to choose between pursuing infrastructure or their investigations of his finances, businesses and administration.

“You probably can’t go down two tracks,” he said. “You can go down the investigation track, or you can go down the investment track.

You Trumpers (well, not you . . you’re a Libertarian) are the only goofballs who claimed Trump was some kind of political genius, playing 4d chess. The REALITY was he was a FLIPPING POLITICAL MORON . . and worse than that . . completely resistant to any PROFESSIONAL political guidance. He is/was an EGO MANIAC who thinks he knows best . . so he ROUTINELY CLOWNED HIMSELF

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Add another to the list

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.