Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

Are 2 of my favorite guys in the draft. I would be cool with either of them in the first. It will be interesting to see where Rousseau goes. The fact that he only played 550 snaps in college probably makes it hard for a team to justify him in the 1st round. We would be the best possible spot for him to develop in, and if JPP don’t get the dog out of him, no one will. If he’s got it, he’d be the perfect replacement for JPP in a few years. Ossai is more in the Shaq Barrett mold, but I really like his game. I think he is being under-rated in most mocks, and I probably prefer him over Rousseau if I had to pick one, but if we played our cards right, maybe we could get both guys and just be guaranteed to make QBs lives miserable.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Not a fan of Rousseau. Doesn’t look explosive.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Not a fan of Rousseau. Doesn’t look explosive.

His pro day was not impressive either. He took a year off presumably to avoid COVID and train for the draft. A 30 inch vertical does not look good considering you’ve been training for the test for a year now.

I really like Zaven Collins but I’m not sure he’ll be there at 32.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Rousseau

Rousseau will do nothing in the NFL and I hope he’s not our pick. I see a few mocks that have us picking him. No way the Bucs take him.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Don’t like either of these guys at 32. They will not be BPA, rather get one of the top RB’s.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Rousseau is ok maybe. Plenty of other great players in this draft at other positions other than D-Line.

• Detrimental

Participant

Ossai would be my choice. He’s a better athlete and with grooming will develop into a force

• m_j

Participant

I would never draft someone who played so little, no matter how he looks like.

apart from that no clue who we should draft. IMHO either CB or best player available

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Rousseau is ok maybe. Plenty of other great players in this draft at other positions other than D-Line.

D line is one of our thinnest units tho. Very top heavy.

D line & RB are a must in rounds 1-4 imho.

Fournette/rojo both FAs after this year.

• m_j

Participant

there are plenty of good RBs available, and if necessary we can draft one next year as well

d-line, yes, why not if there is someone available we like.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

RB is not the position to draft for any future past this season, nor is any other position in case any attention has been paid to what Licht and BA are doing this offseason. Everybody keeps talking defense like backup DL are weak, for me the defensive problems start with weak starting DBs across the field except AW. People remember the chiefs game then forget they made some JV Washington QB look like a star in the making.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

RB is not the position to draft for any future past this season, nor is any other position in case any attention has been paid to what Licht and BA are doing this offseason. Everybody keeps talking defense like backup DL are weak, for me the defensive problems start with weak starting DBs across the field except AW. People remember the chiefs game then forget they made some JV Washington QB look like a star in the making.

If the clemson or alabama RB fall to 32 its a no brainer imho.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

If the clemson or alabama RB fall to 32 its a no brainer imho.

Wrong. It’s not a no-brainer.

RB’s have always been and will always be, horrible value as it pertains to draft capital.

Load up on the trenches.

• buccnation

Participant

Rb in the first round? Hell to the no. Dline, oline, or edge rusher.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I agree when its an early or mid first rounder. But when it’s literally the last pick in the 1st and you can draft the BPA who happens to be a RB… I’m 100% down.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I agree when its an early or mid first rounder. But when it’s literally the last pick in the 1st and you can draft the BPA who happens to be a RB… I’m 100% down.

Exactly, applying the usual bucs fans logic for 1st rounders is skewed by the usual being in the top 20 at a minimum, more like top 10 on average. To adjust, just pretend like we don’t have a first and we got a typical high 2nd rounder.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Team speed is the name of the game. None of the RBs I feel are the blazers that are worth a first round selection.

My guess is the Bucs go defense. A quick DL, a fast LB, a high twitch edge rusher or a lightning quick DB.

Build the trenches!

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Team speed is the name of the game. None of the RBs I feel are the blazers that are worth a first round selection.

My guess is the Bucs go defense. A quick DL, a fast LB, a high twitch edge rusher or a lightning quick DB.

Kamara is not a blazer, ran a 4.53. I wanted him badly at the top of the 2nd. I wanted him more than anyone on this board and couldn’t stand when the Saints stole him in the 3rd.

Etienne clocked a 4.41 and 4.43.

Like Boid said both our top 2 RB’s have enough speed but neither of them can catch consistently nor do much once they do. Brady with a top pass catching back would be insane, heck a top pass catching RB is great for ANY qb let alone the GOAT.

• buccnation

Participant

I just don’t see the value taking a RB at 32. Just because there will probably be equal talent available at more important positions.

OL
      DT
      Edge
      CB

I’d also rather trade back than take an RB at 32. Doubt we get a future first but maybe a couple of 2nds and a 4th or something to that effect. Never know especially if there’s a QB available (doubt one of the top 5 drops that far).

• Barnz1

Participant

If we prioritze a RB in the first 2 rounds over Edge, IDL or OL it will be a disaster from a team building perspective.

Edge rotation – Shaq is great, JPP who’s playing on 1 knee, 32 years old, last year of contract and Nelson who should be barely a 4th edge guy on a DC playing above his role. No one else worth even mentioning. Need an infusion of high level talent fast.

IDL rotation – Vea coming off a serious injury (questions have to start being asked bout his durability). Suh 34 years old and last year you would say. Rochez is the main backup guy and he’s not good. Playing above his role.

OL has Cappa coming out of contract likely wanting a big deal. Jensen out of contract.

RB dime a dize.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Fournette is actually pretty fast. And so is RoJo. They just lack phone booth quickness.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

If we prioritze a RB in the first 2 rounds over Edge, IDL or OL it will be a disaster from a team building perspective.

Edge rotation – Shaq is great, JPP who’s playing on 1 knee, 32 years old, last year of contract and Nelson who should be barely a 4th edge guy on a DC playing above his role. No one else worth even mentioning. Need an infusion of high level talent fast.

IDL rotation – Vea coming off a serious injury (questions have to start being asked bout his durability). Suh 34 years old and last year you would say. Rochez is the main backup guy and he’s not good. Playing above his role.

OL has Cappa coming out of contract likely wanting a big deal. Jensen out of contract.

RB dime a dize.

This long term team building stuff is meaningless without mentioning the 44 year old QB. That’s exactly why it’s not about long term anything right now, because without a QB that DL you want for the future isn’t winning anything.

• buccnation

Participant

If it’s about short term then why draft an RB when we have RoJo and Fournette? If we draft an RB in the first round this year he will most likely be our #3 RB.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

If it’s about short term then why draft an RB when we have RoJo and Fournette? If we draft an RB in the first round this year he will most likely be our #3 RB.

Because it’d mean no more RoJo or Fournette on 3rd downs barely able to run simple routes out of the backfield let alone catch it…even on screens they don’t turn those into much. A passing catching RB has significant value if properly utilized.

• buccnation

Participant

It’s gonna take a lot to unseat Fournette imo on 3rd downs. And Rojo will be getting a ton of work as well. I agree a good 3rd down back is valuable but in the 1st? Not in my eyes. A first round running back should be your starter from day one and this pick won’t be that. A first round pick dt, edge, or cb would get almost if not more snaps than a third down back so neither position isn’t “short term” necessarily.

• buc-in-out

Participant

RB dime a dize.

This long term team building stuff is meaningless without mentioning the 44 year old QB. That’s exactly why it’s not about long term anything right now, because without a QB that DL you want for the future isn’t winning anything.

Amen brother! Preach!

• kegan

Participant

The scouts and coaches know a lot more than any of us. If they take the best player available each round it should be fantastic draft. I think they are watching a lot of tape and will pass on the workout warriors that can’t play football. I like Etienne (RB) or Ossai (ED) or Newsome (CB) 1st, Meinerz (Center) 2nd or 3rd, Benjamin St-Juste 3rd or 4th, there are a number of quality WR that would be very good…but we are a bit loaded at the position. We definitely need a pass catching RB. The Bucs combination of scouts and coaches are nailing the draft. I’m hoping they stick with that formula!

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.