Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• obuc

Participant

We know Gronk was hurt in the ribs, results were negative. What does negative mean? Obviously no break or hairline fracture but if the ribs give and ‘bounce’ back, they can be sore for some time.

I’m thinking about this common play he makes with Brady. He cuts up the middle of the field, extends his hands and the ball floats up over his head and in. but if you have sore ribs can you stretch to make that play? If they know you have sore ribs are you a target just to hit him there, even if it means taking a penalty?

the other side of this is Belickick may tend to bring stunts to get different guys to blitz up the middle into Brady’s face. They both know that is a weakness for any pocket passer who doesn’t run and Brady himself has said shut down the inside rush and let the outside go if you need to.

So, I’m curious, since AB is back and you can use Brate and our RB’s are questionable blockers, might they set Gronk at the end and pull him to take down a backer or safety that tries to stunt inside? Make him more of a blocker this game and not much of a receiver. I also think they will try to take away the passing game some and keeping Gronk in as a blocker to establish a solid run game might be the best way to do this.

• bucshot420

Participant

I get the strategy you’re suggesting but I think I’m this situation you get him out on screens and high competition percentage throws. Yes trying to haul in a pass with sore ribs sucks. Anyone that’s had a cracked or sore ribs knows that even breathing hurts,but when you block you’re using your whole core muscle group. So extending your arms and keeping a 250 or more pound human at bay and the resistance involved on your muscles and their insertion points is just as taxing if not more than extending for a catch.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

OP stop overthinking this.

They’ll use him to the best of his availability and will obviously not put him in a position to get hurt again.

We have a Super Bowl Cali we staff, proven. They have my trust.

• Biggs3535

Participant

They’ll use him to the best of his availability and will obviously not put him in a position to get hurt again.

I would agree if they did just trot him back out in the Rams game after getting injured. He was clearly affected by that hit, but they still sent him out there in a game that was out of hand in the 4th quarter.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He is listed as doubtful.

• Charles

Participant

He is out

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Apparently Gronk has broken ribs now. How did prior X-rays not show this??? Reports are he may miss several weeks.

• Lawdy

Participant

damn. from espn: further MRI testing during the week revealed the fractures not found on the X-rays, which do not show hairline fractures.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Lawdy.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

The coaching staff needs to be criticized for putting Gronk back into the game. I thought after he got injured that the team would rely more on Brate and OJ. Since Gronk was allowed to be on the field, Brady trusted Gronk to be 100% Gronk. We all witnessed it wasn’t there, but the coaching staff still put him out there than to use Brate and OJ more. Crazy to think that Gronk could have worsen his situation if he got hit hard enough to crack/fracture a rib or more.

This isn’t really a good look for the coaching and medical staff, but it appears like a nothing burger online. It should be a big story, though.

• m_j

Participant

yepp, multiple fractured ribs. so he is out for few weeks!

I have a feeling we already have more injuries than last year

• RHBucsFan

Participant

And all
      This talk about JPP being the most healthy ever, going into this season. He’s set to miss his second consecutive gain.

• kenntak

Participant

I agree with Hockey, they should not have put Gronk back in the game. Why take a chance?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Jesus, 4 cracked, 1 broken, and a punctured lung (thus the no travel, air pressure differences)…and the staff let him back in? They would be able to see the break and should have been able to see the puncture (flew back, dangerous). Someone needs to lose their job over this debacle.

A lot of bad energy heading into this game. A lot. And it’s going to rain so this impedes the passing game against a very good secondary that will be laser focused.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Jesus, 4 cracked, 1 broken, and a punctured lung (thus the no travel, air pressure differences)…and the staff let him back in? They would be able to see the break and should have been able to see the puncture (flew back, dangerous). Someone needs to lose their job over this debacle.

A lot of bad energy heading into this game. A lot. And it’s going to rain so this impedes the passing game against a very good secondary that will be laser focused.

So the rain should help us when NE is on offense, right? NE will need to run the ball more against the best run defense in the NFL. Of the 2 QBs who would you rather having throwing a wet ball if given the choice?

• Boid Fink

Participant

I’m just saying, the lack of pass rush, the secondary is a wreck, the run game is worthless, running backs cannot catch screens. These are legit bad enough reasons. The rain hinders our passing attack which is the basic strength of this team.

Emotions will be high, their pass defense is very good. They have better coaches by a mile.

This is a tough game, a lot of stuff just still feels funky with this team. I think their pass game will be fine because of those reasons. No pass rush, and our bad secondary.

If this just doesn’t look like a problem, I’m not sure what is. Unless those issues get fixed, this will be a 9-10 win team at best. Will that be good enough?

Not just this game, but all of them.

That said: let’s go Bucs!

So the rain should help us when NE is on offense, right? NE will need to run the ball more against the best run defense in the NFL. Of the 2 QBs who would you rather having throwing a wet ball if given the choice?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I thought we were supposed to be training OJ Howard to play like Gronk? We have yet to use OJ like Gronk. Why? Brady relies heavily on TE play. I really don’t care if it is Brate or OJ, but we’re not playing to give Brady that safety net.

I’m very disappointed with the Offensive coaches to not help Brady by giving him TE’s to pass to as a great safety net. OJ showed under both Koetter and Arians (with Winston) that OJ can be a significant difference maker. Why deviate away from using OJ in Gronk’s spot more? Either OJ or Brate needs to be used more in the offense for Brady. Otherwise, we’re going to be crap in the Red Zone.

• seekpar

Participant

They’re probably limiting OJs playing time so he doesn’t get injured and out for the season again ;o)

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by seekpar.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.