Viewing 130 reply threads

• Author

• Hayseed

Participant

Still hasn’t practiced this week. This is worrying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still hasn't practiced this week. This is worrying.

I thought they were off today.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Hopefully he can go Sunday, we really need him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s Tuesday….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL.

Well it's true. There was a thread about this yesterday and today they didn't practice. How can we be anymore worried if there was no action today?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL.

Well it's true. There was a thread about this yesterday and today they didn't practice. How can we be anymore worried if there was no action today?

Thats why I laughed. People blow right pass those kind of facts sometimes.But I guess he's right, Mike didn't practice today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL.

Thats why I laughed. People blow right pass those kind of facts sometimes.But I guess he's right, Mike didn't practice today.

We still love ya, Hayseed.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston also didn’t practice on Tuesday. Slacker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston also didn't practice on Tuesday. Slacker.

MEDIA BIAS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everything is awesome in Buc Land. Evans looked like crap in limited preseason action, didn't practice Monday, and local media (Cummings) doesn't seem to like his chances for this week. But seeing that the Bucs have such an awesome track record with rookie sensation wideouts, I guess that's all just senseless dribble. No need for worry here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Evans would be a bust because a hamstring injury?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends on how frequent the injury becomes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston also didn't practice on Tuesday. Slacker.

Any insight on the Evans injury, his status for this week and/or why he didn't practice on Monday?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everything is awesome in Buc Land. Evans looked like crap in limited preseason action, didn't practice Monday, and local media (Cummings) doesn't seem to like his chances for this week. But seeing that the Bucs have such an awesome track record with rookie sensation wideouts, I guess that's all just senseless dribble. No need for worry here.

They dont have guys who match up with evans too well. If the guy plays, is relatively healthy, and they can get the ball TO him, its going to be a long day for the TITS.Im not too concerned. Dude is in good shape, and I doubt he will be out for game one. He might have some rust, but within the first two games he should regain his stroke. Plus, (IF he is out) against the first opponent, i dont think tampa has to worry about their lack of wrs, its the lack of an oline that should worry them.Im pretty sure tampa's 3rd and 4th string wideouts could eat that defense anyway. Its getting the ball out before jameis gets clobbered, thats the trick.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Just admit that you forgot the players were off on Tuesday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t realize they didn’t practice today. I’m not one of these chest thumpers that needs to be right and I have no problem admitting I’m wrong. However, it doesn’t change the fact that he didn’t practice on Monday and OBP has been misleading about his hammy. Hopefully he practices tomorrow. Forgive me if Im a little sensitive about this kind of stuff. I'm a Rays fan. We have to put up with paper cuts that turn into Tommy John surgery.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie hasn’t been required to give a medical status on players until today, IIRC. Why put info out there is he’s not required to? Even if Evans is out for the game, I’m sure Lovie wants them wasting time on preparing for him. Either way, we should find out about all the injuries today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So what are you really mad about? Our history or his injury? Tell us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everything is awesome in Buc Land. Evans looked like crap in limited preseason action,

i didnt get to see all the preseason games, was he dropping passes?  giving up on plays?  getting offensive pass interference flags? 

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Yes and because of that he must be traded to the Pat's. Too bad Schiano isn't around to feed players to the Pat's anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL; Lovie would NEVER reveal an injury if the NFL didn’t mandate it. And neither would any other HC…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Injury report comes out tomorrow.  Unless he is listed “doubtful” I think it is safe to say he is playing. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And in other news, former Buc WR Mike Williams was suspended again… Yawn…………

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And in other news, former Buc WR Mike Williams was suspended again... Yawn............

Dam WTH is wrong with these guys. Mike could have been one of the better WR's in the league, just threw it all away. I don't get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s unemployed and suspended? What a clown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And in other news, former Buc WR Mike Williams was suspended again... Yawn............

Dam WTH is wrong with these guys. Mike could have been one of the better WR's in the league, just threw it all away. I don't get it.

This dude even gets suspended when he's not on a roster. lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Injury report comes out tomorrow.  Unless he is listed "doubtful" I think it is safe to say he is playing. 

This... 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't realize they didn't practice today. I'm not one of these chest thumpers that needs to be right and I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. However, it doesn't change the fact that he didn't practice on Monday and OBP has been misleading about his hammy. Hopefully he practices tomorrow. Forgive me if Im a little sensitive about this kind of stuff. I'm a Rays fan. We have to put up with paper cuts that turn into Tommy John surgery.

I'm not sure I understand why you think they've been "misleading." As I pointed out in another thread, they've called it a "minor" hamstring injury which can be up to 3 weeks. It's been a little over 2 weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't realize they didn't practice today. I'm not one of these chest thumpers that needs to be right and I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. However, it doesn't change the fact that he didn't practice on Monday and OBP has been misleading about his hammy. Hopefully he practices tomorrow. Forgive me if Im a little sensitive about this kind of stuff. I'm a Rays fan. We have to put up with paper cuts that turn into Tommy John surgery.

I'm not sure I understand why you think they've been "misleading." As I pointed out in another thread, they've called it a "minor" hamstring injury which can be up to 3 weeks. It's been a little over 2 weeks.

Oh no don't let being reasonable get in the way. This man wants to be mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This dude even gets suspended when he's not on a roster. lol

LMAO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best ability is availability!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's the emoticon for "I pee'd on my leg from laughing"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh no don't let being reasonable get in the way. This man wants to be mad.

He just said he is worried.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not mad. Worried. Haven't bought into Evans. Numbers from last season look great on paper but he had just as many meh games as amazing ones. Now, he's apparently hurt. Not good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not mad. Worried. Haven't bought into Evans. Numbers from last season look great on paper but he had just as many meh games as amazing ones. Now, he's apparently hurt. Not good.

He had crappy QB play all season and still was a monster rookie WR. He embarrassed DBs last season, and I'm still sure he would have had 250 yards in that browns game if Glennon didn't miss on some throws. Mike Evans makes me comfortable with our QB play this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had crappy QB play all season and still was a monster rookie WR. He embarrassed DBs last season, and I'm still sure he would have had 250 yards in that browns game if Glennon didn't miss on some throws. Mike Evans makes me comfortable with our QB play this year.

Mike had an amazing stretch in the middle of last season against Cleveland, Atlanta and Washington. After those games, his highest receiving total was 54 yards. When teams started to game plan him, it was obvious that he fell off a bit. Sure, you can blame it on QB play on some of it, but the bottom line is, Mike is still a young player that still needs to develop his game. Hamstring injuries, which thus far, appear to be something that is reoccurring, aren't going to help that development one bit.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

worst thing a wr can do is rush a hammy injury.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven't bought into Evans.

what do you need to buy into?  why not just cheer for the guy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven't bought into the opinion by many on this board and around the league that he is going to be  a dominant receiver in this league. I'm just not sold. Doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer for the guy. I just don't get why being critical of a guy means you want them to fail.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven't bought into the opinion by many on this board and around the league that he is going to be  a dominant receiver in this league. I'm just not sold. Doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer for the guy. I just don't get why being critical of a guy means you want them to fail.

what does it take to be dominant?  or what do you consider dominant?for the second part, it just seems that there is no reason to be critical of the guy.  a tweaked hammy in the preseason?  seems similar to being critical of AP and Watt for sitting out the preseason.if its the end of the season yardage total, show the dropped passes, the quitting on routes, the mistakes he shouldnt have made.  i think if you back up being critical, it will be much better receieved. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD 2m2 minutes ago#Bucs WR Mike Evans (hamstring) is not practicing today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thing you don't feel that way about Winston otherwise you would get labled as "not a real fan".  But it's just Evans, so its OK.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thing you don't feel that way about Winston otherwise you would get labled as "not a real fan".  But it's just Evans, so its OK.

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a one hit wonder until he does it again.  Period.  Though I am extremely optimistic he will do it again.Missing wednesday practice?  Anyone know if old school Lovie is ok with this?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a one hit wonder until he does it again.  Period.  Though I am extremely optimistic he will do it again.Missing wednesday practice?  Anyone know if old school Lovie is ok with this?

Who cares?!If Evans isn't ready to go, and it is still tweaky, he needs to sit it out. I wish they would say what grade strain it was, but that ain't happening. Hey PR reporters, get a scoop on how that thing looks...and is he jogging or riding a bike ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a one hit wonder until he does it again.  Period.  Though I am extremely optimistic he will do it again.Missing wednesday practice?  Anyone know if old school Lovie is ok with this?

By definition, a one-hit wonder means that the wonder was incapable of recreating success. Not practicing Wednesday definitely makes him less likely to play. I'm guessing that they'll call him doubtful for Tennessee.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They dont have guys who match up with evans too well. If the guy plays, is relatively healthy, and they can get the ball TO him, its going to be a long day for the TITS.Im not too concerned. Dude is in good shape, and I doubt he will be out for game one. He might have some rust, but within the first two games he should regain his stroke. Plus, (IF he is out) against the first opponent, i dont think tampa has to worry about their lack of wrs, its the lack of an oline that should worry them.Im pretty sure tampa's 3rd and 4th string wideouts could eat that defense anyway. Its getting the ball out before jameis gets clobbered, thats the trick.

I have seen this sentiment posted 3-4 times on this board in the last week… that somehow we have a slew of playmaking WR’s.I don't see where people on this board are getting this logic from? Our WR's are unknown beyond Jackson and Evans. Is it from the hype articles out of training camp from PR? When will you people learn to stop falling for those things? How often has any player PR or any other outlet has hyped in the preseason actually panned out to be as "awesome" as the hype pieces made them out to be?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry I missed this thread. And OBVIOUSLY it’s no longer a “precaution” but a damn PROBLEM. He’s needed on the field and not the tub.Another reason why I LOATHE Lovie's new conferences where he says NOTHING of truth or value and treats fans and the media like idiots. Hey, it works for Belichick but then again, HE WINS FOOTBALL GAMES AND SUPER BOWLS!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv – just put yourself for a second in a coaches shoes. Who benefits from knowing the extent or duration of a player's injury? The NFL requires a specific type of disclosure because absent that disclosure a coach wouldn't tell the public a thing.  If you don't like it, I suggest you stop listening to his press conferences. It would certainly lengthen the longevity of your CAPS LOCK key.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On the plus side, Smith was back practicing 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus Garv – I’m pretty sure it was Mike Evans who said he felt he could go v. the Browns, not Lovie. http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-mike-evans-says-he-could-play-this-week-but-better-to-rest-20150827/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rookie QB with a shaky line and possibly without his top target. Not good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv - just put yourself for a second in a coaches shoes. Who benefits from knowing the extent or duration of a player's injury? The NFL requires a specific type of disclosure because absent that disclosure a coach wouldn't tell the public a thing.  If you don't like it, I suggest you stop listening to his press conferences. It would certainly lengthen the longevity of your CAPS LOCK key.

Thing is, I hear you really. But it's hard to take loss after loss after loss. Win a few games and the lying is easier to swallow. I had bought into the "precautionary" lie excusing Mike from the rest of the preseason. My bad.And I have most definitely cut way back on listening to Lovie, even when my smarter than me phone keeps reminding me when he's opening his yapper. But I LOVE THE CAPS LOCK! It's like swearing after stubbing one's toe.....it feels good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well since we’re in tank mode, who’s the top senior coming out in 2016?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get it. I'd just reiterate what I posted earlier. It's been a day or 2 more than 2 weeks. If it's grade 1, it can take up to 3 weeks. And remember, they haven't discussed it since a couple of days after it happened. Just a guess, but I suspect they simply want to avoid him reaggravating it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In before all the “let’s sign WR Reggie Wayne” comments and threads.Red board gonna red board

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares?!If Evans isn't ready to go, and it is still tweaky, he needs to sit it out. I wish they would say what grade strain it was, but that ain't happening. Hey PR reporters, get a scoop on how that thing looks...and is he jogging or riding a bike ?

I hate hammy injuries. Evan Longoria had one last season and he still doesn't look back to normal running the bases.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unlike a lot of the simpletons, I hope the Buccaneers staff will recognize (which it appears they do) that the season as a whole is more important than week one.Hold Evans out until he's 100%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate hammy injuries. Evan Longoria had one last season and he still doesn't look back to normal running the bases.

baseball's the worst because you stand around for hours and then have to sprint.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unlike a lot of the simpletons, I hope the Buccaneers staff will recognize (which it appears they do) that the season as a whole is more important than week one.Hold Evans out until he's 100%.

Agreed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Go ahead...Jump...we won't stop ya...[img width=338 height=200]http://cdn3.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/migration_catalog/article25648119.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/bridge1[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unlike a lot of the simpletons

you just ooze self confidence . . . well, at least that's what the simpletons probably think

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Agreed. Some here just want to be angry so long term health doesn't matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you just ooze self confidence . . . well, at least that's what the simpletons probably think

Thanks for confirming.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who is saying “start him” if he’s not ready?Who is angry that he's hurt? Go back and read the thread title. His injury is worse than what was previously reported/said.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Who is saying "start him" if he's not ready?Who is angry that he's hurt? Go back and read the thread title. His injury is worse than what was previously reported/said.

Why does it make you angry that the HC didn't release injury information in week 3 of the preseason?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for confirming.

Omg. Lmao

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get it. I'd just reiterate what I posted earlier. It's been a day or 2 more than 2 weeks. If it's grade 1, it can take up to 3 weeks. And remember, they haven't discussed it since a couple of days after it happened. Just a guess, but I suspect they simply want to avoid him reaggravating it.

Absolutely. I get that. I was lead to believe it would have been 100% by now is all. Just don't want to hear ANY excuses for not winning on Sunday. Do NOT want to play him if it risks a long stretch on the inactives. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Breaking news: injuries occur in the NFLSigned,Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just trying to figure out “he’d go against Cleveland if it were regular season” to “he’ll play when he’s ready” now that the regular season is here. Seems to be very little info. Our local media is more concerned with Jameis’ race horse reference than the possibility of our top receiving threat missing time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans is a gamer. He will play on Sunday. Un-bunch your panties girls.And if he cant then he cant. Next man up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what was reported…"...The Buccaneers have a short turnaround from Monday night’s game against the Bengals to Saturday’s matchup with the Browns and they aren’t going to risk further injury to wide receiver Mike Evans’s hamstring by playing him in that contest.After that comes the fourth preseason game, which is usually conducted by players vying for spots on the lower rungs of the depth chart and/or the practice squad. Evans is in neither of those groups and, as a result, coach Lovie Smith announced Tuesday, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, that Evans will not play again until the regular season.As for whether Evans will be ready to play when the regular season gets started, Smith said that the team will “take every precaution” during Evans’s recovery and not rush him back into the lineup before he’s healed..."How is that different from what is the reality now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what was reported..."...The Buccaneers have a short turnaround from Monday night’s game against the Bengals to Saturday’s matchup with the Browns and they aren’t going to risk further injury to wide receiver Mike Evans’s hamstring by playing him in that contest.After that comes the fourth preseason game, which is usually conducted by players vying for spots on the lower rungs of the depth chart and/or the practice squad. Evans is in neither of those groups and, as a result, coach Lovie Smith announced Tuesday, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, that Evans will not play again until the regular season.As for whether Evans will be ready to play when the regular season gets started, Smith said that the team will “take every precaution” during Evans’s recovery and not rush him back into the lineup before he’s healed..."How is that different from what is the reality now?

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just trying to figure out "he'd go against Cleveland if it were regular season" to "he'll play when he's ready" now that the regular season is here. Seems to be very little info. Our local media is more concerned with Jameis' race horse reference than the possibility of our top receiving threat missing time.

I think it was Mike who said that he'd go if it were regular season. I don't think it's odd that he's still out or that the Bucs have a couple of injuries to deal with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

keep him out a few weeks if that what it takeswould be dumb to rush him back, re-injure it, and be out the season

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didnt Evans have a hammy injury last year? IIRC he was supposed to be out 3-4 weeks and only missed one game. Is my recollection correct?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didnt Evans have a hammy injury last year? IIRC he was supposed to be out 3-4 weeks and only missed one game. Is my recollection correct?

All I know is that he injured it during the offseason and blamed it being out of shape due to the short turn around from the college and drafting process to the NFL. Different hammy, but I hope its not an out-of-shape related issue this time. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Go ahead...Jump...we won't stop ya...[img width=338 height=200]http://cdn3.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/migration_catalog/article25648119.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/bridge1[/img]

You're right. Winston not having Evans available is no big deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is possible to want to treat the injury properly AND be frustrated that he is starting his second season off with the same injury as his first.  You know, that gray area in the middle so many people on this board overlook.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(BOid)True. I doubt it's genuine anger, probably more super frustration than anything. New QB loses his best toy...it does stink. But anyone who has played sports, or specifically suffered a hamstring pull, you can walk around feeling completely good to go. Just a very slight, mild a be perhaps, and that only happens occasionally. So you figure, it's good to go, run around a few minutes, oh yeah..."it's good to go!", one starts to falsely presume, and then literally you can feel it pop and down you go. Heal that issue up 100 percent. Tell him to stretch more. He is young, so probably doesn't treat flexibility as seriously as he should. Common theme...young athletes often slack on warm ups and stretches, because at that age we all felt loose, all the time. He needs a good warm up and stretch routine, maybe even take some yoga in the offseason to help limber him up. Or he could just be prone to getting these "pulls", and we have an injury prone wideout. Either way, sit him for week 1 if there is any consternation on the staffs account, ignore what Mike says. He will obviously want to go. But make sure it is healed. A 90% good hammy, isn't a good hammy. At all. (Sammich):It is possible to want to treat the injury properly AND be frustrated that he is starting his second season off with the same injury as his first.  You know, that gray area in the middle so many people on this board overlook.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The injury report today will be the truth !  I’m guessing it will say Probable. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The injury report today will be the truth !  I'm guessing it will say Probable.

Not so sure about that…I would Belicheat them. Release nothing but lies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely. I get that. I was lead to believe it would have been 100% by now is all. Just don't want to hear ANY excuses for not winning on Sunday. Do NOT want to play him if it risks a long stretch on the inactives.

I heard a doctor who follows the NFL closely say that sometimes the hardest thing about recoveries is going from 90+% to 100%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans is a gamer. He will play on Sunday. Un-bunch your panties girls.And if he cant then he cant. Next man up.

agree  Hope he can play... I would love to see the full Receiver core in action as it appears that is a Tenn weakness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But think of the benefits if Evans doesn’t play.  Humpries would probably have a great game then we would have 100’s of threads from Red board GM’s telling us how we need to trade Evans while he still has value because Humpries is the next Wes Welker.Doesn't that just make you salivate?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But think of the benefits if Evans doesn't play.  Humpries would probably have a great game then we would have 100's of threads from Red board GM's telling us how we need to trade Evans while he still has value because Humpries is the next Wes Welker.Doesn't that just make you salivate?

Would be glorious. Trade McCoy and Evans for first round picks. Now we're thinking ahead.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

It is possible to want to treat the injury properly AND be frustrated that he is starting his second season off with the same injury as his first.  You know, that gray area in the middle so many people on this board overlook.

Yes it's possible. I fall into that group. It's also possible there are posters here whining about being "lied to" by Lovie (even though Evans said it) and thus their hopes crashing to earth shattered. It's somewhat humorous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just heard – Evans is not practicing today either.Ready....set....jump!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Evans didn’t practice today either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 7m7 minutes agoBucs WR Mike Evans still sidelined by hamstring injury, not practicing again. Doesn't bode well for Sunday opener.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither has Dez Bryant, dudes a bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Evans didn't practice today either.

Then I assume he will be out for another two-three weeks, which is fine by me. It happened about three weeks ago?  About two months total time to get it back to good. Hey PR guys. Is he gimpy looking? Have you seen him in shorts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s been on the field the last two days in shorts and jersey, just not running drills.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's been on the field the last two days in shorts and jersey, just not running drills.

Yeah, I’m guessing another two-three weeks. The back of his leg doesn’t look all black/blue/red does it?  Like severe trauma?  I had one of those. If he has one of those, he is done sauce, for the year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's been on the field the last two days in shorts and jersey, just not running drills.

Yeah, I'm guessing another two-three weeks. The back of his leg doesn't look all black/blue/red does it?  Like severe trauma?  I had one of those. If he has one of those, he is done sauce, for the year.

He was throwing passes to WRs today. I am not worried about severe pull. If he is out this week, who cares? Let him rest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Evans didn't practice today either.

Then I assume he will be out for another two-three weeks, which is fine by me. It happened about three weeks ago?  About two months total time to get it back to good. Hey PR guys. Is he gimpy looking? Have you seen him in shorts?

It's been about 2.5 weeks, and grade 1 is 2-3 weeks. Grade 2 is 4-8 weeks. We'd know if it was grade 3. I'm guessing that it's grade 1 simply based on Mike Evans words. Grade 1 is not going to affect his walking and will just feel tight. If he thought he could have played in the Browns game, that suggests it's probably grade 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sometimes the reality is harsh, the consequences could get messy, but the solution is simple.Example: Click if ye dare ...Nothing wrong with waiting...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I'm guessing another two-three weeks. The back of his leg doesn't look all black/blue/red does it?  Like severe trauma?  I had one of those. If he has one of those, he is done sauce, for the year.

maybe i didnt suffer severe traumas but muscle pulls surely didnt stop me from going to and competing at States in track.. for free of course.Pole-vaulted with pulled groin, pulled hammies in both legs, and partially seperated shoulder where fluid leaked into my tricep causing me not to be able to flex my tricep. thats all at the same time. Im a fan of the Favre's of the ahtletic world who suit up and play when its game time despite whatever pulled muscles theyre dealing with.If Evans had the severe trauma that youre mentioning, then he wouldnt even be out there in shorts throwing the ball around. he wouldnt even be walking properly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

maybe i didnt suffer severe traumas but muscle pulls surely didnt stop me from going to and competing at States in track.. for free of course.Pole-vaulted with pulled groin, pulled hammies in both legs, and partially seperated shoulder where fluid leaked into my tricep causing me not to be able to flex my tricep. thats all at the same time. Im a fan of the Favre's of the ahtletic world who suit up and play when its game time despite whatever pulled muscles theyre dealing with.If Evans had the severe trauma that youre mentioning, then he wouldnt even be out there in shorts throwing the ball around. he wouldnt even be walking properly.

Pepsi, the problem isn't one of pain threshold, it's function, and risk of re-injury that turns a mild hamstring pull into a season-ending grade 3 tear.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes he would because I did, or at least I got around painfully. And he is a freaky athlete. And I’m not. It wasn’t mentioned if he was gimpy either…I am sure it isn’t severe. But if it goes, we as fans will regret he didn’t let it heal up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With them having such a hard on for THIS game,  it wouldn’t shock me if they are holding Mike out of practice but is running routes at night with Jameis in Lovie’s backyard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With them having such a hard on for THIS game,  it wouldn't shock me if they are holding Mike out of practice but is running routes at night with Jameis in Lovie's backyard.

That or just deeking the Titans until 1 hour b4 game time...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sit him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he’s out and Lovie is just playing the disinformation game to make Tennessee waste time by game planning for him. Good plan and probably better long term but disappointing nonetheless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he's out and Lovie is just playing the disinformation game to make Tennessee waste time by game planning for him. Good plan and probably better long term but disappointing nonetheless.

If he's out, having him sit out practice isn't disinformation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie said if he’s feeling good he could play regardless of practice status. That’s what I’m talking about. I don’t buy that from a conservative coach like Lovie regarding a young player like Evans.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Lovie on Mike Evans: “… he gets up Sunday morning & says ‘Hey, Lovie I’m feeling good,’ & we have a history with him… He’s gonna play.”

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Pepsi, the problem isn't one of pain threshold, it's function, and risk of re-injury that turns a mild hamstring pull into a season-ending grade 3 tear.

Don't you read??? If he was a tough "Farve type" of WR he wouldn't need hamstrings to run routes. He'd just run them!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie on Mike Evans: "... he gets up Sunday morning & says 'Hey, Lovie I'm feeling good,' & we have a history with him... He's gonna play."

Kenny Bell went to say that same thing and Lovie almost slapped a jerry curl in to his afro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“California Dreaming”?Bet money he's playing Sunday...

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

kenny bell isn’t Mike Evans, and lovie didn’t have a history with Kenny Bell..big difference apples and oranges

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Sarcasm is lost on this board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty much

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I knew I seen you somewhere before.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not worth getting all bent about … this is not a championship team, so let him rest and come back when he’s healed…not a big deal at all… they’ll get by without him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL @ Biod. Men's shorts don't look like this anymore.  :P[img width=200 height=200]http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img=/photo/2014/0703/soc_g_mario-kempes_mb_1296x1296.jpg&w=1500&h=1500&scale=crop&site=espnfc[/img]

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I knew I seen you somewhere before.

???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL @ Biod. Men's shorts don't look like this anymore.  :P[img width=200 height=200]http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img=/photo/2014/0703/soc_g_mario-kempes_mb_1296x1296.jpg&w=1500&h=1500&scale=crop&site=espnfc[/img]

Trust me, I rock the bagtastic bball shorts all day, Nike. If it was as I described, you would still catch glimpses of it if he moved…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope he sits until Carolina. It’s a long season and it’s not like we’re playoff bound anyway.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

agreed……..forcing him out early will only make it worse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 2m2 minutes agoEverything's a jog on Fridays, but Bucs WR Mike Evans going through receiver drills as he tests hamstring for Sunday. https://twitter.com/i/cards/tfw/v1/642367825995153408?cardname=__entity_video&native=true&forward=true&earned=true

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 2m2 minutes agoEverything's a jog on Fridays, but Bucs WR Mike Evans going through receiver drills as he tests hamstring for Sunday. https://twitter.com/i/cards/tfw/v1/642367825995153408?cardname=__entity_video&native=true&forward=true&earned=true

Thats promising.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He suits up and he will pop that sucker. I promise. Book mark it if you want.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

That's what she said!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what she said!

Indeed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why the fuck are you so negative? Everything is one extreme or the other with you. After the Bengals game you posted in here like we were going to win the Super Bowl this year and Jameis was gonna win MVP. After the very next game you acted like we were going 2-14 again and you haven't stopped that since.What I've read from you as far as Mike Evans hamstring is concerned is some of the worst insight I've ever read. The way you've been talking about his hamstring is like he's about to be paralyzed for the rest of his life. You legitimately think his hamstring is completely black and blue and he's in danger of missing the season.Please chill the fuck out. He's going to be okay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah dude you and a professional athlete are comparable

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of u were acting like wussy mothers or something. Glad to hear mike is out there being the athlete he is playing the sport he’s paid to play

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Calm down sweet pea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Calm down sweet pea.

It is about time to pea... a little bit.

Please wait…

Viewing 130 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.