Hall of Fame Board is for?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What tog said. It is not PR’s fault, every group takes a critical mass to maintain and the Insider Board just doesn’t have it. I myself rarely post because others are more informed and I have little of value to add except for opinion which is a ripe target for people.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tog – the difference occurred with the change in product, specifically the relationship between paying Insider members receiving responses to questions, getting information quickly and effectively.  With that broken in what one could consider PR’s discretion I do think at least a good portion of the collapse of this board is due to the PR decision.  And this is the longest member thread I have seen on this board in months. Sad. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Tog - the difference occurred with the change in product, specifically the relationship between paying Insider members receiving responses to questions, getting information quickly and effectively.  With that broken in what one could consider PR's discretion I do think at least a good portion of the collapse of this board is due to the PR decision.  And this is the longest member thread I have seen on this board in months. Sad.

Yes, you might be right in drawing the decline to the ending of a paying membership.  Participation by PR on the board in general changed at that time.I think PR's reporting, which was always very good, has improved since eliminating memberships. But interaction with PR and the Insider board suffered as a result and I miss both.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Tog - the difference occurred with the change in product, specifically the relationship between paying Insider members receiving responses to questions, getting information quickly and effectively.  With that broken in what one could consider PR's discretion I do think at least a good portion of the collapse of this board is due to the PR decision.  And this is the longest member thread I have seen on this board in months. Sad.

Yes, you might be right in drawing the decline to the ending of a paying membership.  Participation by PR on the board in general changed at that time.I think PR's reporting, which was always very good, has improved since eliminating memberships. But interaction with PR and the Insider board suffered as a result and I miss both.

IMO Pewter Report is better than ever. Better reporting, better web site, better videos etc. PR is simply much bigger than it was in the old days. Hell, I liked the paper magazine as much as anyone but have moved on. Really like the Pewter Pulse BTW.I do miss the smaller get 2 gethers we had.Anyway, I guess this board was my favorite because of the quality of the posters. I got to know many of them and really enjoyed their input. Buc Joe for instance. The Red Board was avoided in those days because it got so personal when it came to disagreements. It still can get that way and I have contributed to that nastiness myself at times.Different times. But I'll still post and read here from time to time, hoping some of those All Star posters show up. Including 4Bucs! Where the hell is Pat?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wanted to say wazzup fellas, miss you guys.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Back at you Chev, another CLASSIC old time poster from the golden age of the Insiders Board.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

IMO Pewter Report is better than ever. Better reporting, better web site, better videos etc. PR is simply much bigger than it was in the old days. Hell, I liked the paper magazine as much as anyone but have moved on. Really like the Pewter Pulse BTW.I do miss the smaller get 2 gethers we had.Anyway, I guess this board was my favorite because of the quality of the posters. I got to know many of them and really enjoyed their input. Buc Joe for instance. The Red Board was avoided in those days because it got so personal when it came to disagreements. It still can get that way and I have contributed to that nastiness myself at times.Different times. But I'll still post and read here from time to time, hoping some of those All Star posters show up. Including 4Bucs! Where the hell is Pat?

The Red Board was avoided in those days because it got so personal when it came to disagreements. It still can get that way and I have contributed to that nastiness myself at times.That is why this board exists. Generally speaking those on here try to be more civil and not constantly try to be sarcastic and Smart A##eS.  I admit I can be just as reactive in such an environment.  It is easy to fall into a reactive rather than proactive mode when you are attacked personally. Would like to know about Pat as well I enjoyed hearing him on the radio before guys like Duemig drove him off.  (I almost never listen to that show anymore)

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

And to you too my friend - I hope all is well with you and your family.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

change is never easyPR is a business, so I assume they do what's best for their business. They don't owe anybody anything.  Customers vote with their clicks.  If collecting $10 a month from a handful was better for their business than the current set up, I presume they'd go right back.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    vlagatta

change is never easyPR is a business, so I assume they do what's best for their business. They don't owe anybody anything.  Customers vote with their clicks.  If collecting $10 a month from a handful was better for their business than the current set up, I presume they'd go right back.

BINGO............ CK gets itthis is a business like any other business..........it's not a social hangout.  time is money and I'm sure the powers that be here understand that it is smarter to spend time digging for news to publish than hold the hands of a bunch freaks trying to keep their club together.  it just makes more business sense for them to be professional sports reporters.Message boards are Dying.  they are a thing of the past.  I understood and appreciated that back in the day when I was the Lead Mod on the Bucs Official Board.  Most team boards are run by amatuers now, as the NFL teams saw it was a waste of recsources and time for them.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

BINGO............ CK gets itthis is a business like any other business..........it's not a social hangout.  time is money and I'm sure the powers that be here understand that it is smarter to spend time digging for news to publish than hold the hands of a bunch freaks trying to keep their club together.  it just makes more business sense for them to be professional sports reporters.Message boards are Dying.  they are a thing of the past.  I understood and appreciated that back in the day when I was the Lead Mod on the Bucs Official Board.  Most team boards are run by amatuers now, as the NFL teams saw it was a waste of recsources and time for them.

Well it was a damn good "bunch of freaks" and it was a better board in those days. I still enjoy PR message boards but certainly don't take most of the "takes" all that seriously. "Experts" can be bad enough but message board "experts?" Well you DOD have to LOL at the ammount of posters who honestly believe they'be good NFL GM's.Still hoping some of the old crowd turns up soon. You never know. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Garv wrote:"IMO Pewter Report is better than ever. Better reporting, better web site, better videos etc. PR is simply much bigger than it was in the old days. Hell, I liked the paper magazine as much as anyone but have moved on. Really like the Pewter Pulse BTW.I do miss the smaller get 2 gethers we had.Garve I don;t know that I 100% agree with your statement. The boards and site are not better. The new site has been up how long and there are still issues that still don't work correctly even when called to the attention of the powers that be. In addition, the 4 people named on the site do not appear to be the same 4 people doing the writing and/or reporting. One writer seems to do nothing but report in quotes some information and then give us his personal opinion of what we just read. Don't see him writing any original copy (at least I haven't seen it)Just who is doing the writing and how much time are both Scott and Mark participating today with more timely information than they did previously. I don't know, but it doesn't appear to be more. Its definite less personal and more commercial, IMO.If the report and/or writing is better might I ask why is a nothing organization(JBF) getting on PFT and announcements made by other media before its on PR?Can't tell you about some of things they are doing as I (and am not alone) do not do any social media and or do not have a smart phone.Now even the rules are't being followed. People can say what they chose and no one from PR is seemingly editing and/or correcting the guilty poster so why mention PR as a family site? If that continues then why not just arbitrarily get rid of the rules like was done with: the non commercial G2G posting key articles on both boards the icon to ask PR a question and GET a responseany support for the Hall of Fame board the chat and anything else that might cause any kind of a waveBy far, IMO, the biggest mistake was created by Scott. He got so many of us to pay attention about the situation with a young man named Xavier.  Even to getting personal and asking us to pray about it, which many members did, and still gave updates on the boards. Later, when some of us had the "gall" to ask Scott for an update both on the boards multiple times and I (it was mentioned I wasn't the only one) sent a personal email for a response.TO THIS DAY SCOTT HAS CHOSEN TO IGNORE THE REQUESTS.So Garv, I'm very sorry but right now I just don't see it the way that you do.What we have now in PR is a pure commercial business site with most of the data now available elsewhere - and sooner.Unc

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, good to see you all here again. Kinda miss the old crowd.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m still here from the good ole Buc Mag days.  I mostly comment on facebook posts or read (ninja like) and post here very little while trying to take refuge from the trolls and other hacks that think their opinion matters more than others.  😛Boards have changed a lot, but the content is as great as it was in the beginning, which is all because of Scott. Keep it up!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I will be honest I quit posting some time ago and decided to only respond on the forums if someone asked me a question in a thread. Or if I wanted to see if there are like minded fans and a discussion with civility could be had. That might change the way I thought or looked at a  particular situation. But then I have also been taking as many Scouting / GM courses as possible to learn even more about the game I love, which has really taken much of my free time up.  I still read the forums multiple times per day. I do question the football acumen of some fans. Especially when you see the Red Board littered with garbage. The same fans complaining about the selection of  K Aguayo in the second round are the same one who complained about the kicking disaster last season. From a  roster management and team building standpoint I like the move. Last year the team left 36 points on the board (Missed PAT & Field Goals) and possibly and 8-8 or 9-7 season on the table due to poor kicking. So Licht decided to try and solidify the position and gain cap surplus in return as Aguayo is going to cost half of what Barth is costing and allows the team to project a  fixed dollar amount to its salary cap management in to the equation. While Licht hedges that Aguayo is at minimal on par with Barth or even better from an accuracy standpoint.  The Bucs lost four games by 6 points or less and additional two games by 7 points. If the team would have made those kicks and won half the games you’re looking at 9-7 season or an outside shot at the playoffs.I prefer to have an intelligent football conversation. Which I find it very hard to come by. I don’t even care if we disagree as long as there is tact, civility and well thought out banter to get both sides thinking. I say we make a pledge, that everyone of us who has responded in this thread to take the Insider Forum back and mold it in to what we want it to be. A place for true well thought out discussions on our beloved Bucs. We collectively as a group can lead the resurgence and shape the discussions and lead by example. If we want change lets be a part of the change rather than sit idly by and do nothing.  Who is with me???

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.