Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• ronald macdonald

Participant

I have a strong feeling if we could get even a 3rd round pick for him, Licht would pull the trigger.
      Yeah, he could rebound and play better this year, but at this point he is a bust. If he disappoints again he’s like to be cut after the season.
      If you hope to get any return from what looks to be a wasted pick, now is the time.

Maybe a team feels he’s being misused in our scheme, and still views him as the first round prospect he was going into the 2016 draft?

I think we could get at least a 3rd. Only takes one team to make it happen. Would you guys be in?

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

None

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

There is no chance that Licht would trade Hargreaves, unless somebody was offering a 1st or 2nd rounder this year… but nobody’s gonna do that. Plus they still believe he’s going to turn it around. VH3 isn’t going anywhere. Kind of a ludicrous post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VH3 played very poorly the first half of the season. Something clicked and he played much more aggressive the last three game prior to his injury. I think he can and will be a solid corner. He needs to continue to play agressive and not stand 10 yards off the receiver.

Please wait…

• Knucknbuc

Participant

A 3rd rounder for vh3 sheeiiitt where do I sign?

Please wait…

• tatmanfish

Participant

Hargreaves actually played pretty well the few games before his injury. I don’t think he has a ton of trade value and I don’t think it would be the smartest to deal a guy who started to show he was turning the corner…pun intended.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Ya, lets create MORE holes on our defense. Solid plan.

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I think you are high. Bucs couldn’t get a 5th rounder for him yet alone a 3rd.

Please wait…

• nybuccguy

Participant

What about a straight up trade, VH3 for Eli Apple?

Please wait…

• Hank Scorpio

Participant

Once VH3 moved to slot, which is the only position in Mike Smith’s stupid defensive philosophy that calls for press coverage (you know, the coverage that made him a 1st rd pick in college?), he started playing at a high level. Weird how that works.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

VH3 did a good job in his time filling in for Grimes at LCB as well outside of one big pass given up to Steffon Diggs (who did that a few times).

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

Hargeaves was awful last year and a really poor pick. That said, if I’m Licht, I’m on the phone with Buffalo offering him for Lawson. Seems both could use a change of scenery.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are no better or worse with HG3. He serviceable at times but for the most part he just fills space. I’d be tickled to land a 3rd for him. Tickled!

Please wait…

• T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Participant

Or we could recoup the entire value of the first round pick that we spent on him by playing him in a way that properly utilized his talent. You know, like a coaching staff is supposed to do.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Not sure if OP is seriousness. For good or ill, VHIII isn’t going anywhere. I suspect he’ll play much better in the fall once we have a little bit of a pass rush.

Please wait…

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• SunnyD

Participant

As someone else pointed out, he played pretty well when they moved him into the slot. That plus the fact that he is under contract for less than $5million combined in ’18 and ’19 (plus 5th year option in 2020) makes him far more valuable to the Bucs as a slot starter/dirt cheap depth than anything they could get for him in a trade.

Please wait…

• cvillebucfan

Participant

This is what KILLS me about this board! Marcus Peters was just traded for what? Now how in the hell could VH3 be moved for a 3rd???? Come on…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is the going rate for a short, slow slot corner who isn’t that good?

I’d say he is worth a seventh rounder. He isn’t all that. He won’t see a second contract in Tampa.

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.