Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• Commish987

Participant

http://cbsloc.al/1nmPU9M

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good article.  If their guy is there they can pull the trigger. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is a bridge QB….Ray Charles could have figured that one out....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A QB drafted 7th overall shouldn’t need a bridge.If we make that pick he won't be sitting behind McCown ... that's just stupid and becomes a distraction.  Every time McCown throws an incomplete pass the boo birds will be out and calling for the rookie. Besides , we aren't good enough to sit a top 10 pick on the bench for a year. If you don't think he's already the best QB on your team then you shouldn't be making that pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is a bridge QB....Ray Charles could have figured that one out....

I figure the Skyway will get a lot of mention...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have positioned themselves to take one, but will they? We’ll find out in two weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano did a great job of positioning us in the 2014 draft by going 4-12 in 2013…  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am absolutely sure they will select a QB in the draft.  Although I am guessing it will be with a later round pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A QB drafted 7th overall shouldn't need a bridge.If we make that pick he won't be sitting behind McCown ... that's just stupid and becomes a distraction.  Every time McCown throws an incomplete pass the boo birds will be out and calling for the rookie. Besides , we aren't good enough to sit a top 10 pick on the bench for a year. If you don't think he's already the best QB on your team then you shouldn't be making that pick.

Doesn't that happen with every backup QB? I mean yes the higher drafted ones create more a of distraction. But I remember it with Glennon last year and with every other promising back up QB, boobirds rain down when the starter is playing bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A QB drafted 7th overall shouldn't need a bridge.If we make that pick he won't be sitting behind McCown ... that's just stupid and becomes a distraction.  Every time McCown throws an incomplete pass the boo birds will be out and calling for the rookie. Besides , we aren't good enough to sit a top 10 pick on the bench for a year. If you don't think he's already the best QB on your team then you shouldn't be making that pick.

Doesn't that happen with every backup QB? I mean yes the higher drafted ones create more a of distraction. But I remember it with Glennon last year and with every other promising back up QB, boobirds rain down when the starter is playing bad.

And Glennon was a third rounder.  I've said it before and I will say it again, if Tampa takes a QB with the #7 pick overall, that QB needs to start right away or you shouldn't draft him with the #7 pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

.Nothing like when a 1st round QB is on the bench.. and if it's rockstar like Johnny Manziel? Forget about it. Complete distraction.  The "mentoring" thing is baloney anyways . The best way to learn and get better is to just get out there and take your lumps.I'd prefer to go another direction  , but If we decide that one of these guys is the Franchise , then give him all the reps in camp and let's roll.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

.Nothing like when a 1st round QB is on the bench.. and if it's rockstar like Johnny Manziel? Forget about it. Complete distraction.  The "mentoring" thing is baloney anyways . The best way to learn and get better is to just get out there and take your lumps.I'd prefer to go another direction  , but If we decide that one of these guys is the Franchise , then give him all the reps in camp and let's roll.

Totally agree.  If we draft one of these guys I will be hammering for him to start day one.  I'm sure Manziel will respond real well to a mentor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And Glennon was a third rounder.  I've said it before and I will say it again, if Tampa takes a QB with the #7 pick overall, that QB needs to start right away or you shouldn't draft him with the #7 pick.

There is no rule requiring that you start a 1st round draft pick...but most likely if they do draft a QB first, he will start... McCown is the insurance...Glennon holds the clipboard...too slow to be a practice squad guy...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we are positioning ourselves to move down with an idiot GM/coach that doesn’t see this QB class as the steaming pile of garbage it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You clearly missed your calling in life. Shame.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone pay attention to Rodgers his first couple of years? Packer fans were calling him a bust because his first couple of years of preseason he looked like crap. I think there’s great value to a young QB sitting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone pay attention to Rodgers his first couple of years? Packer fans were calling him a bust because his first couple of years of preseason he looked like crap. I think there's great value to a young QB sitting.

That was a long time ago and there is no Favre on this team. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…and there is a Tedford…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Logic not bias.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano did a great job of positioning us in the 2014 draft by going 4-12 in 2013...  ;D

Well no just like everything else from Rutgers he even screwed that up by not going 3-13 and getting us get a better pick instead he wins enough to get the worst pick by a 4-12 team in like a decade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano did his part to tank.Lost the first game against a qb he has seen several times before, and with a whole offseason to prepare for them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano did his part to tank.Lost the first game against a qb he has seen several times before, and with a whole offseason to prepare for them.

When he cut bait on Freeman he showed his heart wasn't really into tanking it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman could have produced four wins. Not buying it.Schiano was a tank machine!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He probably had flashbacks. Geno and the mountaineers always had his number.

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.