Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

2014 NFL draft: Sammy Watkins discusses his ‘freakish talent’ NFL draft 2014By Josh Sanchez    SI.comApril 2nd  2014sammy_zpscecad97c.jpgSammy Watkins caught 27 touchdowns in three years at Clemson. (Dannie Walls / Icon SMI) Sammy Watkins is unquestionably the top wide receiver in the 2014 NFL draft class, and many consider him to be the best receiver to enter the draft in recent years. Watkins has uncanny playmaking ability and should be selected within the first few picks of May’s draft. And he’s not shy about how great he believes he can be.Watkins said during an interview with 95.7 The Game that he has “some freakish talents and ability to make plays,” but he also describes himself as a quick learner that will dive into a playbook and prepare to help a team from Day 1. “I’m able to transition myself and work through tough conditions,” Watkins said, via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com. “I understand football and the preparation, so for me, it’s getting in with the team I’m with and learn that playbook. That’s all I need to do is really learn that playbook, and after that, just adjusting to the speed of the game and how cornerbacks play in the NFL. That would be the next step. I think after the first few games I’ll be definitely fine.” Wide receivers have had a history of slow transitions to the professional level, but Watkins is a rare talent that should make an immediate impact. If he can dive into his preparation like he plans to after he is drafted, Watkins could be a star player and Rookie of the Year favorite as soon as he enters his first NFL camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could definitely see him being ROY.  Too bad he’ll probably be gone before we pick..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Calling it now. Tradition. Raiders.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way he makes it to 7….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could definitely see him being ROY.  Too bad he'll probably be gone before we pick..

A lot depends on who his QB is. If he somehow landed with a team with a franchise QB already in place, it would be off to the races for Sammy.Dude has freakish talent, and can't wait until he can sink his teeth into the playbook?  What's not to like about this guy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really going out on a limb there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see the talent. I think he’ll be a threat in the NFL. I just dont see the “freakish” talent. He’ll be a top 15 WR. So will Mike Evans probably. Id take Evans before Watkins for most teams. We need speed bad, so Id probably take Watkins for the Bucs, but I think Evans is a more talented and rare WR prospect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really going out on a limb there.

Why go out on a limb, when the apple is sitting right in front of you?Schaub is their guy. To them, he's selmon's grill to their normal taco bell. And because of this, they're going to get him some weapons.We really don't need traditions to think they'll take him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Midget !!!! – Goldson Ages

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is it not a safety concern to allow a midget to play in the NFL?

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.