Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 35 reply threads

• Author

• Madman

Participant

Apparently Jason Licht needs some help finding talent at WR. That Krause pickup with his 2 career catches isn’t cutting it. Who’s available?

1. Roddy White…
      2. Brian Hartline…

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2016WR.php

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Hartline is a no brainer as you can stick him in the slot right away.  Roddy White is good to have depth wise to be able to kick him on the outside.

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Hartline is an intriguing option. He is an underwhelming player, but he can flash every  eight games or so…</p>

• Anonymous

Inactive

No to Roddy White. He is slow as dirt

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs need to put Dontaee Dye in as a 2 and see how that pans out. I like his “shift”. Hopefully he puts it all together and becomes a big contributor.

• Madman

Participant

Bucs need to put Dontaee Dye in as a 2 and see how that pans out. I like his “shift”. Hopefully he puts it all together and becomes a big contributor.

Didn’t we see that last year when VJax went down? He didn’t do much. Just looked it up. Only 11 catches in 5 starts. Dye does have more juice than the other guys though.

• inspecto

Participant

Roddy can’t run any more and we have to build for tomarrow

• Madman

Participant

Roddy can’t run any more and we have to build for tomarrow

Not like he’d be stealing playing time from a top prospect. Who’s better? Reedy, Spencer, Krause, Bell? Those guys are a waste of time and roster.  <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>They need to get someone else in here.</span>

• GameTime

Participant

I like dye – but what happened on that slant last night?  We still have guys missing easy catches.  Now do I want dye to be our #1?  Of course not.  But I’m fine with him as a #5 and depth.  With Vjaxs age, we almost certainly will make a play for a top tier WR after this season.

i think we need to continue to develop dye, shep, spencer, whomever for career depth.

• GameTime

Participant

I do like hartline.  Why is he still available?  I think he’d be solid vet depth at a low price.

• Madman

Participant

I do like hartline. Why is he still available? I think he’d be solid vet depth at a low price.

After selecting four receivers in the 2016 Browns cut ties with a veteran. Gained 3M in cap space. Chargers were working him out a few weeks ago.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000664368/article/brian-hartline-released-by-cleveland-browns

• youngone

Participant

Where the hell is Adam Humphries? Does he have a catch yet?

• dbucfan

Participant

I am watching to see our qbs better, admitting to nervous state of mind.

• BucsWin31

Participant

Shoulda drafted Will Fuller in the 2nd instead of…….

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Will Fuller went No.21 to the Texans. I am a nerd I mocked him to the Texans lol

There were plenty of good WRs this year in the draft. I was shocked we didn’t pick any. It’s not like everyone could not see that we had a serious deficiency there last year.

Fingers crossed that Louis Murphy heals up and ASJ grows a pair. If not there are going to be lots of slow starts this year

GottaJaboo wrote:
        (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
        Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Bucpride5

Participant

Licht didn’t do his QB any favors with weapons this off season

2016, can’t be worse than Lovie’s first year, right…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, but this all goes back to spending a 3rd and 4th on you know what.

• Knucknbuc

Participant

Anybody watched anyother teams this preseason thats has decent wrs that could be cut? I havent watched any so im unsure. Never thought id be waiting and hoping 4 louis murphy to come back. But i am. I think our wr corps would be decent enough when that happens. Evans,vjax,hump,murph,dye/shepard doesnt seem any less talented then most teams in the league.

• Booker Reese

Participant

PFF (after being cut by Dolphins):

“Failing to top 500 yards for the season, only six receivers who ran at least 200 routes last year gained fewer yards per route run than Hartline’s 0.99 mark. Held without a catch three times and only gaining more than 50 yards in a game three times all season, his decline from the remarkable consistency we saw before was dramatic.”

• CaptainStagger

Participant

The Titans shipped off DGB for an run of the mill Oline guy. I would have investigated that option. Seems Beckham has all the talent but could use a little motivation, something Winston can that perhaps Mariota can’t. And DGB is a legit outside WR prospect that could fill the shoes of VJax or Evans.

• Havok904

Participant

but…but he has mortar kickoffs…Stop it!!!

• Hank Scorpio

Participant

Louis Murphy needs to return to form, or else it’s going to be a rough year for the WR corp.  Although if ASJ continues to play up to his potential, that would help a lot.

• Bschucher

Participant

Except it doesnt. Please name me the 4-5-6 WR on most teams in the league. Give me a break.

• ghost

Participant

So there wasnt a WR worth a pick in the 2nd round? ok

• Booker Reese

Participant

The Titans shipped off DGB for an run of the mill Oline guy. I would have investigated that option. Seems Beckham has all the talent but could use a little motivation, something Winston can that perhaps Mariota can’t. And DGB is a legit outside WR prospect that could fill the shoes of VJax or Evans.

He also came with a lot of baggage, and don’t forget that Robinson and Licht may have shared notes on the guy (I’m sure they did in Tampa when he was in the draft).

• Madman

Participant

When is Louis Murphy coming back? Have we heard anything on that?

• Bschucher

Participant

I dont recall typing that. Clearly they didnt feel they needed/wanted a WR or they would have taken one. Again, please name me the 4-5-6 WR on the rest of the NFL teams.. They are/were happy with the starters they currently have for this year. I imagine if someone pops up after cuts in the next two weeks that they think is better than the current crop of DEPTH, they will grab one. I fully expect VJ replacement to be drafted next year unless one of these kids shows a lot more promise this year.

• Bucpride5

Participant

Remember all those pre draft stories of Winston being able to throw open receivers with great anticipation…

maybe if Winston was more accurate he wouldn’t need better receivers

2016, can’t be worse than Lovie’s first year, right…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont recall typing that. Clearly they didnt feel they needed/wanted a WR or they would have taken one. Again, please name me the 4-5-6 WR on the rest of the NFL teams.. They are/were happy with the starters they currently have for this year. I imagine if someone pops up after cuts in the next two weeks that they think is better than the current crop of DEPTH, they will grab one. I fully expect VJ replacement to be drafted next year unless one of these kids shows a lot more promise this year.

Here is a better question. Name me a third round wide out on the Bucs. Just one. Aside from Evans And Big Boy.

• GameTime

Participant

Why wasn’t Antonio brown a 3rd round wideout?  What’s being a third round wide out have to do with anything?

heres a question – how many WRs on an teams roster should be 3rd round or better?

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Why wasn’t Antonio brown a 3rd round wideout? What’s being a third round wide out have to do with anything? heres a question – how many WRs on an teams roster should be 3rd round or better?

Agree. Hell, Dak is the talk of the league, and was a 4th rounder.

• Madman

Participant

Why wasn’t Antonio brown a 3rd round wideout? What’s being a third round wide out have to do with anything? heres a question – how many WRs on an teams roster should be 3rd round or better?

Antonio was a 6th rounder. Bucs can only dream of finding value in the 6th.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Maybe the Browns would be interested in trading Josh Gordon. Let him get a fresh start somewhere.

• GameTime

Participant

Cowherd was talking today about how dak hasn’t done anything yet.  18 of his 24 throws were 1st read with no presnap or post snap changes.  Who knows, I guess zac Robinson (ex QB now at PFF) did a breakdown.

• Booker Reese

Participant

People love to extrapolate off of tiny sample sizes.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Cowherd was talking today about how dak hasn’t done anything yet. 18 of his 24 throws were 1st read with no presnap or post snap changes. Who knows, I guess zac Robinson (ex QB now at PFF) did a breakdown.

I have slowly lost interest in PFF. They have put out some questionable stuff. At one point they had Richard Sherman rated as the 72nd best CB in the league.  WTH?

• ghost

Participant

Cowherd was talking today about how dak hasn’t done anything yet. 18 of his 24 throws were 1st read with no presnap or post snap changes. Who knows, I guess zac Robinson (ex QB now at PFF) did a breakdown.

I have slowly lost interest in PFF. They have put out some questionable stuff. At one point they had Richard Sherman rated as the 72nd best CB in the league. WTH?

what? hes top 50 easy!

• The Anti-Java

Participant

I have slowly lost interest in PFF. They have put out some questionable stuff. At one point they had Richard Sherman rated as the 72nd best CB in the league. WTH?

what? hes top 5[0] easy!

Fixed.

• blind melon

Participant

It’s sounding like Dye will make the roster (now combined with his initial gets on ST’s as a returner.)

That is:

Evans, Jackson, Humphries, Dye, Shepard and …

Krause, Murphy, Bell…  a whole lot of no production… everyone else having a shot at the PS.

Most teams have 10-12 receivers on their rosters today:

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/WR (Edit: click on the player name, says if they’re an FA or signed, – meaning the team is making a decision in TC about him.)

Still plenty of time to find a guy for the 6th spot.

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.