Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs still building, but need results  fenn_zpsfbp8ez0x.pngThe first practice of Buccaneers training camp was canceled Saturday, then later moved to USF. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS  By Martin Fennelly | Tribune Staff Published:  August 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM TAMPA — What an ominous beginning.The first open practice of Bucs training camp was ... canceled by rain. Off to the artificial surface and lights at USF.In the name of Jameis, you’d think by now that the Glazers would spring for an indoor practice facility. Maybe the head coach could organize a barn raising, a good team activity and all.Lovie Smith has bigger things to build. Still.It seems like just yesterday that it was the Summer of Lovie. It seemed like old times for the Bucs, Tony Time, because Lovie was back, a steady hand, a return to proven NFL coaching competence.It’s not the Summer of Lovie anymore. It’s the referendum on him. It’s the pressure on Lovie to raise this ship with Cap’n Jameis at the offensive helm.The Bucs were the worst team in the NFL last season, at least if you go by draft order. On the other hand, receiver Mike Evans hit camp Friday and pronounced that the 2014 Bucs “were the best 2-14 ever.” That sounds like bulletin-board material for the 2-14 Tennessee Titans, the Bucs’ opponent in the season opener.“Hey, WE’RE the best 2-14 ever!”Back to Smith. He can’t survive another disaster like 2014. But it would take that much for the Glazers, supremely tired of playing Fire the Coach, to shoot another one out of the cannon. It would take, say, another two-win campaign, plus a defense that doesn’t move forward, plus maybe Jameis crying “Mommy” in the huddle.It’s still a referendum on Lovie. The honeymoon was short-lived. Smith came in with total control, and look what happened. We went from, it’s great to have Lovie back to wondering if his way of doing things, Tampa 2 included, were in tune with the changing NFL, if this will be his last stop as an NFL head coach if things go wrong again. And I can’t remember Smith outcoaching too many guys last season.The Bucs need a turnaround.What’s Lovie got to do with it?A lot.In that regard, Smith was asked Friday if he needed to be more demanding this season.He was incredulous.“More demanding?” Smith said. “That’s saying I wasn’t demanding last (season). Let some things go by? That’s saying I purposely let something go by then. And I didn’t do that. Yeah, I have to be better. We all have to be better in all areas. That’s what I plan on doing.”He’s coaching a 2-14 team until these Bucs say different.“It (was) the first season. Things happen,” Bucs Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said. “Some things didn’t go as we thought they would with some of our offseason pick-ups. Things happen. But it doesn’t take away from his vision and what we see moving forward.”I’ll give Lovie some credit. Any inflexibility disappeared in a blink in the face of a debacle. He admitted mistakes. He’s about to start a rookie quarterback, having tossed Mike Glennon, once deemed “quarterback of the future,” into the dust bin of Lovie history.After one season, Smith dumped the three biggest offseason signings turned drips — Josh McCown, Anthony Collins and Michael Johnson. And he brought in a competent offensive coordinator whom he can leave alone, easily the best Lovie course. This might speak to desperation. I’m going with flexibility.Smith said it’s simply the business of football.“This is part of the process. We don’t give out lifetime jobs or anything like that.”Same goes for head coaches.“As a coach?” Smith said. “What do you think? Every coach feels that way. Every day I come to work, I don’t take that for granted. It’s about production. I realize that. But that’s how I’ve lived my life. There should be pressure. If you feel like there’s not any pressure on you, you’re misguided.”LovieVision, Part I, just went 2-14. Consider him guided.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did though.  Time will tell if he hit on that evaluation.  Hope the reports of Mike’s improvements are true and he looks sharp and decisive through the preseason.  There may yet be a market for his service. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“What’s loooovie got to do with it, …got to do with it…”Good song, just ruined.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I’ll give Lovie some credit. Any inflexibility disappeared in a blink in the face of a debacle. He admitted mistakes. He’s about to start a rookie quarterback, having tossed Mike Glennon, once deemed “quarterback of the future,” into the dust bin of Lovie history.But...But...he's is being developed...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be very surprised to see Glennon sign another contract in Tampa Bay. He’ll likely play this one out, then sign somewhere where he has a chance at starting…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be very surprised to see Glennon sign another contract in Tampa Bay. He'll likely play this one out, then sign somewhere where he has a chance at starting...

Nah, i think hes done as a starter anywhere.Too many options outside of him to a qb needy/crappy team. High qb pick, aged vets, FA value bin.Almost all of that would surpass glennon in interest by most teams.Glennon's best shot to start, is injury. Then make the most of it from there. IF he's that good, he will.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be very surprised to see Glennon sign another contract in Tampa Bay. He'll likely play this one out, then sign somewhere where he has a chance at starting...

Nah, i think hes done as a starter anywhere.Too many options outside of him to a qb needy/crappy team. High qb pick, aged vets, FA value bin.Almost all of that would surpass glennon in interest by most teams.Glennon's best shot to start, is injury. Then make the most of it from there. IF he's that good, he will.

I'm sure there are teams out there willing to give Glennon a crack. Take a look around. IMO the title of this thread is being used to bait Glennon supporters. It was only a small part of the story. Troll material.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm sure there are teams out there willing to give Glennon a crack. Take a look around. IMO the title of this thread is being used to bait Glennon supporters. It was only a small part of the story. Troll material.

I think they may showcase him a bit in preseason. Jameis cant play every snap. Then they would have until game 4 to move him, if they got an offer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they may showcase him a bit in preseason. Jameis cant play every snap. Then they would have until game 4 to move him, if they got an offer.

I don't want to see anyone get injured but the best value is for some team to lose their starter in a preseason game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It wasn’t much of a toss. Glennon was already halfway into the “dust bin”…it was more just a nudge.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It wasn't much of a toss. Glennon was already halfway into the "dust bin"...it was more just a nudge.

Yeah you are right.....they should just cut him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

maybe they should

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't want to see anyone get injured but the best value is for some team to lose their starter in a preseason game.

Agree.  Who knows, Carson is pretty fragile at his age. It could be a possible destination. And I think Ariens made some comments awhile back, about liking Mike.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree.  Who knows, Carson is pretty fragile at his age. It could be a possible destination. And I think Ariens made some comments awhile back, about liking Mike.

Same with Brees at NO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Smith came in with total control, and look what happened.” There are those, for some reason, that still deny that Lovie has total control.  "He can’t survive another disaster like 2014. ...It would take, say, another two-win campaign, plus a defense that doesn’t move forward, plus maybe Jameis crying “Mommy” in the huddle."I'm not sure that would get Lovie fired after this season.  2016, however, is a different story.  He's got to have a winning record by then, or both Lovie and Jameis will be replaced.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs Notebook in today’s Tampa Tribune had the following quote from Jaws:"I believe (backup) Mike Glennon could be a starting quarterback on 10 teams in this league. He's going to have a nice long NFL career. When I studied Glennon , I saw some attributes that would make him a rock-solid quarterback for a long time."I think we can get good trade value for him. I would go with what Jaws says rather than some of you ham and eggers on this board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would go with what Jaws says rather than some of you ham and eggers on this board.

A couple Jaworski jewels......"I truly believe Colin Kaepernick could be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever""I think Philly is arguably the best sports town - football town - in America"“The latest I’m hearing now from my sources around the league, who are pretty wired in, is that he’s(Mariota) going to go number one now to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Jaws is a bad talent evaluator and worse insider. Best as an ESPN talking head breaking down plays, but ESPN has Gruden who does that better than he does so Jaws is useless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would go with what Jaws says rather than some of you ham and eggers on this board.

A couple Jaworski jewels......"I truly believe Colin Kaepernick could be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever""I think Philly is arguably the best sports town - football town - in America"“The latest I’m hearing now from my sources around the league, who are pretty wired in, is that he’s(Mariota) going to go number one now to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers”

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Why are his quotes funny? Are they wrong or untrue? Take a look at the parts I highlighted above.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe Mike Glennon could be a starting quarterback on 10 teams in this league.

Yeah, he used the same "could be" about Glennon. What's your point, that Jaws uses a lot of qualifiers in his opinions?  It doesn't make him any less wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe Mike Glennon could be a starting quarterback on 10 teams in this league.

Yeah, he used the same "could be" about Glennon. What's your point, that Jaws uses a lot of qualifiers in his opinions?  It doesn't make him any less wrong.

Makes him 100% right when you think about it. I have no problem with him spreading good regarding Glennon. Can only help. Would you prefer we just cut him and go with Seth?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I cant understand the guy, Jaws. He is always talking a hundred miles an hour.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Makes him 100% right when you think about it. I have no problem with him spreading good regarding Glennon. Can only help. Would you prefer we just cut him and go with Seth?

No, I think Glennon will be a great back-up. I've said since Glennon's first few starts that he's in the 25-40 NFL QB range, meaning he can be a starter on a really bad team or a good NFL back-up. I'd say that's held up pretty well so far.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

It will be interesting to see what happens with him. It will say a lot about how much confidence they have in Winston if they pull the trigger on a trade. There are a few desperate teams out there. I don’t know what the hell Rex is doing at the QB position. He is the kind of guy to sell the farm for Glennon. He may think its win now or go home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All I know is if the offensive line doesn’t play any better than it did last season Winston can’t save this team with bad blocking.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

All I know is if the offensive line doesn't play any better than it did last season Winston can't save this team with bad blocking.

He has better mobility than the giraffe though.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I am in Bills country. And all the talk is, if we just had a QB.  Geterdun Jason Litch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All I know is if the offensive line doesn't play any better than it did last season Winston can't save this team with bad blocking.

He has better mobility than the giraffe though.

I agree with you on that point, I have to admit I wasn't for drafting him but he does have the athletic ability that none of the qb's in the past have had. If this offence can score points the defence is the best part of this team and will be bad to the bone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now don't go spoiling all their fun trying to make sense around here. This pic below is the secret Winston plan for this season. They don't need a line.the_invisible_man_by_stevedore.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with the additions of Marpet/Smith, a rededicated Mankins and a triggerman that actually inspires confidence from his teammates…… i expect significant improvement

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with the additions of Marpet/Smith, a rededicated Mankins and a triggerman that actually inspires confidence from his teammates...... i expect significant improvement

I guess they aren't watching these practices...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too many teams need a QB. Some team out there may be willing to give him a shot.But with our offensive line...he may be a starter sooner than you think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"What's loooovie got to do with it, ...got to do with it..."Good song, just ruined.

Nope. And Tina Turner was a sexy bitsch a decade ago. Her legs man! She was some strange celebrity crush I had. I've had a few. Another is Serena Williams. She is so feminine, and her azz...dear lord!And Goldie Hawn in Wildcats, when I was a kid, was hot. Yeah. Strange.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand the logic but not how it would work in any realistic sense. Ideally the Bucs would want to trade him for a value pick. Trading for him at the end of preseason doesn't allow him to have all that value since he'd have to pick up the offense. Unless you believe the team would move a value pick for the future of Glennon which may be the case.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"What's loooovie got to do with it, ...got to do with it..."Good song, just ruined.

Nope. And Tina Turner was a sexy bitsch a decade ago. Her legs man! She was some strange celebrity crush I had. I've had a few. Another is Serena Williams. She is so feminine, and her azz...dear lord!

I feel the exact same way. A lot of people talk about how she is "manish" or masculine and it's really quite the opposite. She is sexy as f**k.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope. And Tina Turner was a sexy bitsch a decade ago. Her legs man! She was some strange celebrity crush I had. I've had a few. Another is Serena Williams. She is so feminine, and her azz...dear lord!

I feel the exact same way. A lot of people talk about how she is "manish" or masculine and it's really quite the opposite. She is sexy as f**k.

i think a lot of guys are just intimidated by that much woman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with the additions of Marpet/Smith, a rededicated Mankins and a triggerman that actually inspires confidence from his teammates...... i expect significant improvement

I guess they aren't watching these practices...

I know, for real. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Key was all over her back in the day.  :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Key was all over her back in the day.  :D

yup, yup!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I made a comment awhile back about how Serena gets flak, yet people gush over how beautiful Caitlin is.    SMH

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I made a comment awhile back about how Serena gets flak, yet people gush over how beautiful Caitlin is.    SMH

now THAT is funny as hell. How anyone can look at Bruce and call him beautiful is beyond me. It's kinda scary, actually.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

now THAT is funny as hell. How anyone can look at Bruce and call him beautiful is beyond me. It's kinda scary, actually.

"Big news" today, Target will no longer label children's clothes gender specific. They don't want to offend anyone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bruce-Caitlyn Jenner is comical to look at. It just is. Sorry. I don't care if I offend you. Hell, I know it's a dude with a mangled groin. And I will never ever think it is sexy. Or cute. I am not casting stones (ahem), but it is a man, and will always be one. He will never be able to change his genetics. And every time I see him, I will know that it is posing as a woman, and that is again, fine. But attractive?  I laugh at every girl I have heard say that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bruce-Caitlyn Jenner is comical to look at. It just is. Sorry. I don't care if I offend you. Hell, I know it's a dude with a mangled groin. And I will never ever think it is sexy. Or cute. I am not casting stones (ahem), but it is a man, and will always be one. He will never be able to change his genetics. And every time I see him, I will know that it is posing as a woman, and that is again, fine. But attractive?  I laugh at every girl I have heard say that.

Right up Java's alley though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bruce-Caitlyn Jenner is comical to look at. It just is. Sorry.

No need to be sorry, it's the truth. How anyone can look at him and call him a she is craziness to me. And to hear him talk is even more effed up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bruce-Caitlyn Jenner is comical to look at. It just is. Sorry.

No need to be sorry, it's the truth. How anyone can look at him and call him a she is craziness to me. And to hear him talk is even more effed up.

A weiner in a blender does not a female make.And as far as looks, ...seriously guys? Thats an old guy who wanted to change himself into an old chick. There was nothing to look at before, or after. (Well, unless you're sabretooth hunter maybe?)The only image I've seen of him/her, was on a mag cover in line at the store. If the world wasnt in an uproar about it, i wouldnt have believed it at all, because it looked as if someone just photocopied his face onto an old lady body.Two seconds later, i viewed the next mag over (very hot woman with little clothing) for about five minutes, to get the horrible image out. Think rosie o'donell in thong(sorry).Personally, i believe people like him are selfish to do that to their families. To even put them into that situation in the first place is wrong.How would everyone feel about an african american saying they wanted to be white? Would you not try to convince them that its ok to be who they already are, or tell them you support them? Would he/she not be made fun of? Is that deemed "acceptable?" In his race and culture, or others?I dont know the answer to that, or to many of life's mysterious complexities, but i do know humans are a monkey-see, monkey-do type animal. There will be even more people doing this now, and that doesnt bode well for the family unit (no pun intended) whom is already struggling so much all across the us from other issues, besides the media trying to put a positive spin on gender reassignment as an option.Live and let live is fine by me, but when i know info is being force-fed by media, i also understand its implications to the society around those people. Sh1t will always run downhill. Just observe the media outlets trying to capture every race issue on film that they can.The more people hear it, the more people will accept it, put up with it, or flat out support it.Personal disclaimer here: i have no hate for anyone, ever. Nothing but love for all people and life. However, something that a person does within their lifetime can be held against them, as it was a personal choice, not a genetic issue. And when i say held against them, i mean as poking fun type of manner, not a hate/violent type act. Never should that be an option other than in self-defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny how this thread about Glennon turned into a thread about chopped liver Jenner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny how this thread about Glennon turned into a thread about chopped liver Jenner.

What are you?  New here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are you?  New here?

It's even funnier that the original article wasn't even about Glennon. Go figure.

Please wait…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.