Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• NCiggles

Participant

I just wanted to say congrats on the win on Sunday. I was actually surprised that our defense held Brady to just under a 90% completion percentage. Good luck the rest of the playoffs.

• TURBO

Participant

Eagles or Panthers fan?

I’m confused.

• NCiggles

Participant

Who are the Panther fans? I have been to several games and lived in the state for awhile but I haven’t met any of their fans.

But anyway, is there any chance the Bucs just decide to rest Tom on Sunday?

• NCiggles

Participant

I should clarify that clearly playing the Eagles will be like a 7 on 7 drill with no defenders for Tom but I mean could the Bucs just go with their 2nd string.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Solid troll.
      9/10

• NCiggles

Participant

Our only hope is to make Nick Foles an honorary captain so Brady has to shake his hand before the game.

• Pennywise

Participant

No chance

• Trask Force

Participant

Who are the Panther fans? I have been to several games and lived in the state for awhile but I haven’t met any of their fans.

Brady might get more rest if he stays on the field and hands off to Fournette and pitches a couple to Gronk and Evans. When he’s on the sidelines he has to walk around, talk to people, and worry about not dropping his Surface. He’s a busy guy on the sidelines. It will be a nice break for him to be out there on the field watching his guys clean up a garbage team.

• TURBO

Participant

Brady might get more rest if he stays on the field and hands off to Fournette and pitches a couple to Gronk and Evans. When he’s on the sidelines he has to walk around, talk to people, and worry about not dropping his Surface. He’s a busy guy on the sidelines. It will be a nice break for him to be out there on the field watching his guys clean up a garbage team.

This is just plain stupid.

Overlooking any team in the playoffs is ridiculous and dangerous.

I hope the players and coaches don’t think like you do.

• Trask Force

Participant

This is just plain stupid.

Overlooking any team in the playoffs is ridiculous and dangerous.

I hope the players and coaches don’t think like you do.

Just a little trash talk, dude. I’m not actually playing in the game, so you can relax.

• DaTruff

Participant

It was reported that Malcolm Jenkins spoke to Jonathan Gannon about the defensive scheme that the Saints used to win twice and blank the GOAT. Jenkins won a SB with the Birds and has a home and a charity that he is active in. Sounds like Jenkins wants to assist the Eagles….

• NCiggles

Participant

Gronkowski could have 20 catches for 300 yards on Sunday. We just don’t have any player that’s capable of covering him. I’m not as worried about Fournette as a runner. He killed the Eagles catching the ball out of the backfield. He may also get 300 yards receiving.

• NCiggles

Participant

It was reported that Malcolm Jenkins spoke to Jonathan Gannon about the defensive scheme that the Saints used to win twice and blank the GOAT. Jenkins won a SB with the Birds and has a home and a charity that he is active in. Sounds like Jenkins wants to assist the Eagles….

I like Malcolm but can he turn Alex Singleton into Kwon Alexander?

• Biggs3535

Participant

I like Malcolm but can he turn Alex Singleton into Kwon Alexander?

Kwon Alexander sucks. He’s not why the Saints D dominated the Bucs last time. The Saints DL was, along with shitty offensive gameplanning and horrible in-game offensive adjustments by the offensive coaching staff.

• RudeGuy

Participant

If I’m not mistaken the Panthers tried a similar type Saints scheme on Sunday. Once the Bucs found out what they were running they adjusted and we saw what happened after that in the 2nd half.

• Trask Force

Participant

I got the scoop on what he told him….”Hey guys, go back and watch the film!” “Oh really why?” “You can see how the Saints did it…” “Oh wow why didn’t we think of that? Hey lets go watch some film!” “Glad I could help!”

• seekpar

Participant

The problem is these other teams don’t have the personnel the Saints do.

• DaTruff

Participant

The problem is these other teams don’t have the personnel the Saints do.

You’re right, some teams have even better personnel.

• Vance

Participant

I am worried about this game. I could be wrong, but the slow starts are not going to stop happening. The slow starts jabe leaked over to the defensive side of the ball. Now, maybe it is from multiple players being out. For the Eaglas they will have to stay out of that zone and get into Brady. My other issues with the Bucs is injuries. The wet weather and our hamstring issues is like bad mix.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Not worried about the field. It will be covered and drains really well

• NCiggles

Participant

Anyway, I came back to say congrats on the victory. Sirianni was overmatched by Bowles. I thought the Eagles would have had more success running but Bowles shut down the attack. LBs (especially Devin White) played very well but also your secondary was great in run support. Winfield had a great game. I thought our protection held up fairly well but Hurts was unable to pass the ball downfield. Hurts’ slow processing speed is exacerbated by his mechanics which don’t let him throw quickly and a below average arm. The INT Hurts threw in the end zone was a perfect example of him being slow and and not strong enough. A better throw and it’s an easy TD. Still the team has had some success and Bowles shut them out because well the 2 garbage time scores shouldn’t count.

Brady did like I would expect against the team. Maybe the score is a little different if the Eagles don’t have the mistakes on special teams that gave the Bucs the short fields but I don’t think that changes the outcome. The Eagles did get pressure on the Bucs. I think that mostly came after Wirfs’ ankle injury which served to rejuvenate Kerrigan.

Overall the Eagles came out and made a ton of unforced errors. The late hit by Barnett on Brady which likely extended the opening drive. Reagor’s inability to field punts which led to bad starting field position and 2 muffed punts. The shanked punt was terrible. There were other penalties that were problematic like the OPI on Watkins. I did think the first holding call on Kelce was utter b.s. but oh well.

Good game and I hope Wirfs is able to return to health. The Cardinals or Rams will present more of a challenge. I know the thought of most is that the Rams are a harder match up but I think the Bucs will get by them. McVay is a coward of a coach. Stafford has been less than accurate in the second half of the season. Donald and Von Miller will be issues. The Cardinals Chandler Jones and Golden are issues if Wirfs is out will be issues. They also have better LBs than the Rams. I can’t see the Cardinals scoring a bunch on offense unless Murray just runs all over the place.

Good luck the rest of the playoffs. I hope Brady loses but the NFC looks wide open. Weekend wasn’t all bad because the Cowboys lost in the most Cowboy way possible.

• seekpar

Participant

You’re a much better sport than most Eagles fans. Some were kicked out of the game in sections near us. A small group were in the rest room harassing Bucs fans looking for a fight. We’ve been to 10 home games during the past 3 seasons and never saw any ugliness between Bucs fans and opposing fans until yesterday.

• Trask Force

Participant

I don’t think the coaching had much to do with it in this case, at least not the in-game coaching. The Bucs have built up contending roster over time and they are well coached, but no amount of wizardry from Siriani was going to overcome the talent difference. Just look at the Patriots. They have the best coach in the history of the NFL, but it didn’t matter. They got steamrolled. Coaching can only do so much. I didn’t see the Eagles being poorly coached, just overmatched. They need a quarterback for starters.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

i mean to be honest, if the Bucs would have lost this game would have been one of the biggest upsets in the last 20 years. Im from Philadelphia and i realize how high our expectations as fans can be as fans but there isn’t one position that the Eagles are more talented than the Bucs.

without Fournette, the line moved to 7 points but still the Eagles are on dimensional running team going up against the likes of the Bucs front 7. No shot. You had essentially a rookie QB going against the GOAT.

as a Bucs Fan, i would have been extremely disappointed if they lost. I was actually disappointed how the Bucs closed out the game giving up 15 points. Luckily they ended on a high note.

Regarding officiating, i thought the Tom Brady roughing the passer call was pretty weak but still in this league, premier QBs like Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady will always get the calls. They are the faces of the NFL and the NFL wants to protect their product. The players should know this.

other than that, it does seem any big play the eagles had was wiped out by a holding penalty. Maybe the penalties were so blatant that they had to call them. otherwise, why would the refs be one sided in a 17-0, 24-0, 31-0 score.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.