Viewing 59 reply threads

• Author

• DeltaBuc5

Participant

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Mike Glennon was sacked or under pressure on 63 percent (26 of 49) of his dropbacks. That gaudy number represents “the highest pressure percentage of any quarterback with 40 dropbacks in the last five years.”

http://thepewterplank.com/2014/10/13/buccaneers-offensive-line-hits-new-low/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess none of the Glennon-haters will mind this any attention…Let's draft a franchise QB so he'll get sent to the bench by opposing defenses with a broken rib every other play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right let’s draft a offensive lineman who can make sure our not very good QB stays upright to lead us to a 6-10 record. Good plan there chief.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Mike Glennon was sacked or under pressure on 63 percent (26 of 49) of his dropbacks. That gaudy number represents “the highest pressure percentage of any quarterback with 40 dropbacks in the last five years.”

http://thepewterplank.com/2014/10/13/buccaneers-offensive-line-hits-new-low/

It would probably help if the QB could read a blitz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess none of the Glennon-haters will mind this any attention...Let's draft a franchise QB so he'll get sent to the bench by opposing defenses with a broken rib every other play.

You have to understand that most people in the anti-Glennon camp are fools. They love the simplicity of a box score, it requires zero thinking. Having to watch and pay attention to a game, and keep track of several different variables that determine an outcome is just too much to ask. When they talk about dropped passes, they assume all QB's deal with the same number of them. It's easier that way. When they talk about pressure, they assume all QB's deal with the same amount of pressure and on the same number of plays, it's easier that way. There isn't varying degrees of pressure, the frequency is also never different...it's just, pressure. I don't know why we just don't sign five undrafted free agents each season to fill out our starting O-line. According to these clowns an O-line is only as good as the QB behind it. They say comical things such as this without realizing what they're actually saying. So let's just sign a bunch of undrafted free agents for the minimum. I don't know what we'd spend the extra money on, however, because also according to these same "fans" the defense and running game don't matter, either. It's all about the QB, he's supposed to make up for any deficiencies on your team. If he doesn't then he's not franchise material, second season or not. In other words, lower your expectations about these people. They are....special...and will rarely say anything that makes sense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right let's draft a offensive lineman who can make sure our not very good QB stays upright to lead us to a 6-10 record. Good plan there chief.

So your plan of drafting a QB so he can get killed every play will win us the division crown? Funny how when Mike is given time without even the help of a running game he is much better. There are bigger needs on this team in case you have missed the games this season. Lovie's teams when complete win with defense in the leading role and the offense as supporting cast. He will not be drafting a QB next draft. Give it up already.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess none of the Glennon-haters will mind this any attention...Let's draft a franchise QB so he'll get sent to the bench by opposing defenses with a broken rib every other play.

You have to understand that most people in the anti-Glennon camp are fools. They love the simplicity of a box score, it requires zero thinking. Having to watch and pay attention to a game, and keep track of several different variables that determine an outcome is just too much to ask. When they talk about dropped passes, they assume all QB's deal with the same number of them. It's easier that way. When they talk about pressure, they assume all QB's deal with the same amount of pressure and on the same number of plays, it's easier that way. There isn't varying degrees of pressure, the frequency is also never different...it's just, pressure. I don't know why we just don't sign five undrafted free agents each season to fill out our starting O-line. According to these clowns an O-line is only as good as the QB behind it. They say comical things such as this without realizing what they're actually saying. So let's just sign a bunch of undrafted free agents for the minimum. I don't know what we'd spend the extra money on, however, because also according to these same "fans" the defense and running game don't matter, either. It's all about the QB, he's supposed to make up for any deficiencies on your team. If he doesn't then he's not franchise material, second season or not. In other words, lower your expectations about these people. They are....special...and will rarely say anything that makes sense.

Most believe that if the QB can run then the o-line does not matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, people seem oblivious to the fact that QB’s affect how the line plays. Quick decision makers and passers will make a line look better. Pressure happens in this league if the argument is that Glennon gets pressed he’s no good that is a bad argument.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In other words, the numerous plays where Glennon was hit during his back peddle on Sunday were his fault? Let me ask you a question. If a QB can’t set his feet, if a WR can barely begin his route much less finish it, how exactly does that play stand a chance? I await your riveting reply.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, it wasn’t like the line played well nitwit. Christ on a popscicle stick I can’t imagine how dumb some of you are – after years of reading your drivel I should have some idea though. It is so flippin’ all nothing. The thing is it isn’t that the line was good and Glennon bad but that the line didn’t play well and Glennon amplified that at times. Simply put do you think if we put any other QB back there we would have had exactly the same outcome? Even mental midgets can figure out that wouldn’t happen.To throw your hands up in the air and say until we can block well we can't get a QB flies in the face of all experience in the league. We've seen too many teams where the line was just awful and a swap in QB's suddenly makes the line look better. The IND line was fine with Manning, awful with Painter and then magically is good enough again with Luck? Really odd how that happens. You get a good QB and he can function with a mediocre line....nothing can help a mediocre QB play better because they are what they are, mediocre. You go ahead and make your plans to win big with Fitzpatrick, Stanton, Locker and Tannehill. Get ALL the players you want, I'd  take Roth or Romo on our team right now to beat any of those clowns on SD right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah…. lets have our bad oline stop us from the getting the QB that we need.That should teach us a lesson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right let's draft a offensive lineman who can make sure our not very good QB stays upright to lead us to a 6-10 record. Good plan there chief.

So your plan of drafting a QB so he can get killed every play will win us the division crown? Funny how when Mike is given time without even the help of a running game he is much better. There are bigger needs on this team in case you have missed the games this season. Lovie's teams when complete win with defense in the leading role and the offense as supporting cast. He will not be drafting a QB next draft. Give it up already.

If we get a top 5 or so pick, we can use it on a QB and still use our other picks on O Line and other positions of need. Plus, if Lovie and Licht have any scouting ability on O Line youngsters, we'll hopefully get something out of Edwards and Pamphile next year. If our scouts rate Mariota, Cook, Winston or whoever as a top/franchise QB and they're there when we pick, I hope we take them. Lovie had a shot at Carr and so far, while's looked like a rookie, he's improving and helping Oakland compete. 4 TDs and 1 INT vs. SD ain't too bad.Then again, if Glennon impresses the hell out of everybody with the rest of his starts, who knows?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah.... lets have our bad oline stop us from the getting the QB that we need.That should teach us a lesson.

Let's let our bad o-line keep us from keeping the promising QB we have now. We need to use the top picks to improve our defense. Taking a QB in the 1st Rd is not a guarantee. I bet you were a big RG3 fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah.... lets have our bad oline stop us from the getting the QB that we need.That should teach us a lesson.

Let's let our bad o-line keep us from keeping the promising QB we have now. We need to use the top picks to improve our defense. Taking a QB in the 1st Rd is not a guarantee. I bet you were a big RG3 fan.

Promising what? Mediocrity? Fug RGIII... i never liked that diva.And improve our defense to do what? Give Glennon the ball back to go 3 and out faster? They don't play hard for him now so they may believe he's not the guy either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Promising what? Mediocrity? Fug RGIII... i never liked that diva.And improve our defense to do what? Give Glennon the ball back to go 3 and out faster? They don't play hard for him now so they may believe he's not the guy either.

I have seen Mike improve a lot. How many 3 and outs did he have in the two games prior to the last one when the o-line played at a somewhat professional level?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Taking a QB in the 1st Rd is not a guarantee. I bet you were a big RG3 fan.

Taking any player in the 1st round is not a guarantee. That shouldn't stop us from picking a QB if we have him rated that high and it's deemed a position of need at draft time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it all ties together.Brady is a good example. Traditionally good line, good qb play.. and most of the time, the rest of the other positions don't matter as much. Outside of moss and maybe gronk, they've had "ok" surrounding casts.Imvho, wr and rb are some of the most overrated positions on the field. In this day and age of football, ol, qb, and lb's are the most important, from a leaning rule perspective.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Taking any player in the 1st round is not a guarantee. That shouldn't stop us from picking a QB if we have him rated that high and it's deemed a position of need at draft time.

If they do take a QB in Rd one, then they should also bring back Mike to compete as starter. May the best man win. Not like this season. It only makes them play better knowing the next man behind you might take your job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have seen Mike improve a lot. How many 3 and outs did he have in the two games prior to the last one when the o-line played at a somewhat professional level?

going against two trash defenses? In the words of Archie Bunker,  "whoop dee do".I have nothing against Glennon but he doesn't give me anything to believe in. His game screams mediocre. I'm not passing up on a good QB prospect for that when the QB position is the most important one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, it wasn't like the line played well nitwit. Christ on a popscicle stick I can't imagine how dumb some of you are - after years of reading your drivel I should have some idea though. It is so flippin' all nothing. The thing is it isn't that the line was good and Glennon bad but that the line didn't play well and Glennon amplified that at times. Simply put do you think if we put any other QB back there we would have had exactly the same outcome? Even mental midgets can figure out that wouldn't happen.To throw your hands up in the air and say until we can block well we can't get a QB flies in the face of all experience in the league. We've seen too many teams where the line was just awful and a swap in QB's suddenly makes the line look better. The IND line was fine with Manning, awful with Painter and then magically is good enough again with Luck? Really odd how that happens. You get a good QB and he can function with a mediocre line....nothing can help a mediocre QB play better because they are what they are, mediocre. You go ahead and make your plans to win big with Fitzpatrick, Stanton, Locker and Tannehill. Get ALL the players you want, I'd  take Roth or Romo on our team right now to beat any of those clowns on SD right now.

Unless you're putting your QB in position to succeed, it's foolish to throw him aside and search for another one. There's no possible way anyone can say that Glennon is in an environment that leads to growth. We don't have the players around him for it, and we don't have the coaches for it. Hell, he didn't even get the practice time necessary for it. For a franchise that has had such trouble finding a legit QB, it's amazing to me that some of our fans want to get rid of him so quickly given what he has to work with. The fact is, NOBODY is certain how Glennon will turn out. What we do know is that ever since he was drafted this franchise has been nothing but a circus, yet still he has performed better than anyone expected him to. Let's put an actual NFL caliber team around him and see what he can do. Whether you want to admit it or not, if that happens there's a chance we don't actually NEED to draft a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

going against two trash defenses? In the words of Archie Bunker,  "whoop dee do".I have nothing against Glennon but he doesn't give me anything to believe in. His game screams mediocre. I'm not passing up on a good QB prospect for that when the QB position is the most important one.

"Football games are won and lost in the trenches." This is what I believe. Build a strong o-line that can both run and pass block.IMO, Mike will be good enough to win games in the NFL. He is learning and growing each game. He will learn from games like last Sunday. He is a student of the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have to understand that most people in the anti-Glennon camp are fools. In other words, lower your expectations about these people. They are....special...and will rarely say anything that makes sense.

WWJD?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Football games are won and lost in the trenches." This is what I believe. Build a strong o-line that can both run and pass block.IMO, Mike will be good enough to win games in the NFL. He is learning and growing each game. He will learn from games like last Sunday. He is a student of the game.

if games are won in the trenches please explain the Browns. They've had a good OL and DL for years and haven't won anything.Now explain the Colts... they don't have neither but are winning.What about Kansas City before they got Alex Smith? Same thing as the Browns. Their fronts were loaded and played their way to the number one overall pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have to understand that most people in the anti-Glennon camp are fools. In other words, lower your expectations about these people. They are....special...and will rarely say anything that makes sense.

WWJD?

Not agree with illogical nonsense, I can guarantee you that. Coming out from under your bridge late at night? Or did you have to walk home after getting busted for yet another DUI?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they do take a QB in Rd one, then they should also bring back Mike to compete as starter. May the best man win. Not like this season. It only makes them play better knowing the next man behind you might take your job.

Yes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

if games are won in the trenches please explain the Browns. They've had a good OL and DL for years and haven't won anything.Now explain the Colts... they don't have neither but are winning.

So nine undrafted free agents should be adequate to fill out both lines, right? Why pay for players that barely matter?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

if games are won in the trenches please explain the Browns. They've had a good OL and DL for years and haven't won anything.Now explain the Colts... they don't have neither but are winning.

So nine undrafted free agents should be adequate to fill out both lines, right? Why pay for players that barely matter?

Who says drafting a QB in first means we can't draft lineman after that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WWJD?

Not agree with illogical nonsense, I can guarantee you that. Coming out from under your bridge late at night? Or did you have to walk home after getting busted for yet another DUI?

way to make my point for me . . . I dont care what anyone says E, you're one hell of a Christian in my book  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But why should we even bother drafting them? What purpose do they serve, they clearly don't help your team win. For examples of this read your last post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WWJD?

way to make my point for me . . . I dont care what anyone says E, you're one hell of a Christian in my book  ;)

Who is Jesus btw. Oh, right. The guy you claimed was irrelevant. How soon you forget, must be the alcohol. The first step is admitting you have a problem buddy. You can do it, take that first step.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But why should we even bother drafting them? What purpose do they serve, they clearly don't help your team win. For examples of this read your last post.

never said that but carry on. I'm saying QB is the most important piece to winning. You won't win squat until you get a good one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

never said that but carry on. I'm saying QB is the most important piece to winning. You won't win squat until you get a good one.

So you didn't say this just a few minutes ago?

if games are won in the trenches please explain the Browns. They've had a good OL and DL for years and haven't won anything.Now explain the Colts... they don't have neither but are winning.What about Kansas City before they got Alex Smith? Same thing as the Browns. Their fronts were loaded and played their way to the number one overall pick.

This isn't you downplaying the importance of the OL and DL? The Colts don't have good lines but are winning, the Browns have good lines but don't win, same with the Chiefs who had good lines and played their way to a number one pick. Just so we're clear, none of this implies the lines don't matter? If not, please explain the point of this post. Thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can interpet it however you want, I really don’t give a shlt.I'll take a better QB first before going for OL or DL. That is all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, we both know I’m not interpreting anything. The intent was obvious, you just didn’t realize what you were saying…as usual. "The offensive and defensive lines matter sooooo much, I'm going to provide examples of where I think that isn't true, and then later on say that's not what I meant."LOL Solid argument chief, I'm sold.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very well said, Escobar. I once did a statistical survey of these people you speak of.....and 83% of them still believed in Santa Claus.....and would draft him in the first round.....regardless of his 40 time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Browns clearly show the futility of drafting a “sure fire” QB in rnd 1. Their current Oline has 2 first rounders, 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder as the starters. What they have clearly had is a complete lack of any production from behind center. That all changed when they got Hoyer (an undrafted QB) via FA. Stick Hoyer in behind that Oline and things happen. Stick the myriad of 1st rnd QBs behind that line and calamity happens.We seem to have the opposite, absolute crap on the Oline and a Qb that is actually trying to get things happening. Yet some of the fans of this team seem to think that a brand new untested rookie Qb is going to make this line look good. We currently have a QB that when given time can do things, so, instead of wasting a high pick on a non sure fire QB, how about we actually build around him instead of dumping him for the next gimmick from the college ranks?It starts in the trenches. This team has had a bad philosophy of not drafting good Oline talent for the past 7-8 years. It's not surprising we are struggling now and having to pay over the odds for the dregs of FA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very well said, Escobar. I once did a statistical survey of these people you speak of.....and 83% of them still believed in Santa Claus.....and would draft him in the first round.....regardless of his 40 time.

Escobar agrees!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We currently have a QB that when given time can do things

Like hit Rainey's shoe? Brilliant!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or hit Murphy to give us a chance to win v Pittsburgh, or VJax to win that game.As for hitting Rainey's shoe, every QB has probably laid it flat on an RBs shoe at some stage in their career. Nice try though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couple of things going on with the line. First, Warhop stinks. There’s a reason he was fired/not retained everywhere he’s been, including being fired in-season. Secondly, Collins and EDS are text book examples of how not to approach free agency. EDS was already out of the league once for being lazy, don't know why they expected any different once he got a nice sized contract. Collins just isn't good, at all, and his play resembles someone who has $3M of his 2015 base salary already guaranteed. Not caring.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who says the 1st round QB is the QB we need?Who says we should pass on a good QB?Wasting 1st rounders on bad QBs is not winning us anything, it does not even improve the OL a good QB could one day cash in with.Just drafting QB wont be the solution. It does not matter how much you doubt Glennon, its about the other QB being good(better than Glennon) else he is not worth to be brought in here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet some of the fans of this team seem to think that a brand new untested rookie Qb is going to make this line look good.

Actually, some of us think we should pick a QB if he is highly rated by our scouts at the position we draft. And we can add O Line in other high rounds. You can do both.Plus, we also have Edwards and Pamphile. Hopefully, one or both turn into starters next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Browns clearly show the futility of drafting a "sure fire" QB in rnd 1.

The Browns haven't drafted a "sure fire" QB since Couch a million years ago. IMO Manziel, Weeden, and Quinn were not "sure fire" QBs. They did pass on Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet some of the fans of this team seem to think that a brand new untested rookie Qb is going to make this line look good.

Actually, some of us think we should pick a QB if he is highly rated by our scouts at the position we draft. And we can add O Line in other high rounds. You can do both.

According to this place, you can't do both. It's impossible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, some of us think we should pick a QB if he is highly rated by our scouts at the position we draft. And we can add O Line in other high rounds. You can do both.

According to you, you don't need to do both.

if games are won in the trenches please explain the Browns. They've had a good OL and DL for years and haven't won anything.

LOLYou're clearly saying that a line is irrelevant, because IF it wasn't, please explain the Browns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to you, you don't need to do both.

if games are won in the trenches please explain the Browns. They've had a good OL and DL for years and haven't won anything.

LOLYou're clearly saying that a line is irrelevant, because IF it wasn't, please explain the Browns.

Yea lets draft 5 QBs because that's exactly what I said.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol @ escobar calling me “dramatic” in another thread.No one has been overreacting and reaching in the last few days more than mr. escobar.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well said.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the oline cant block its the qbs fault.Just ask Dalbuc and FRG. Lol. Keep those excuses coming , boys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m all for Mariota/Winston/Cook if they are franchise QBs but I just dont see Lovie taking a QB in round 1. He’s going to focus on the trenches and I don’t blame him at all. We suck on both lines and there’s a lot of merit to building a line through the draft like Dallas. Boring? Yes, but it works.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, what Dallas is doing only works because they have the QB to make the whole thing go. Yes, everyone is raving about Murray but the reality is if you don’t have Romo and his 100 rating then all you have is HOU last year. What Dallas is finally doing is catching up the rest of the team to Romo who has been good for years despite the overblown criticism. Now, will Lovie misunderstand the relationship between these elements and thing he can get a crummy QB to win with a really good line, maybe, but he’s stil wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt Romo is a hell of a QB but he’d have been miserable last sunday behind our line, too.Their Oline was the mvp of that game against Seattle. There's a reason that Tyron Smith won offensive player of the week, that line dominated and really won that game for them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People forget that Romo played for years behind a gawd awful OL where they had guys playing about like ours.  No one thought the Dallas line was great until this year. Smith has been very good for the last 2 years but they’ve been a wreck otherwise for most of that time….and Romo’s career passer rating is 96. That great line this year has ticked the needle up 4 points which is actually just range of variation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’ve also made Murray look like the best RB in the NFL. That’s not range of variation. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually hoping we take Mariota or even Winston but if they choose to build the Oline with their first pick, I have no qualms with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the issue is who are we taking. Much like on the DL, we have a lot of money tied up in a bunch of those guys. Most problematically Collins at LOT cost a lot and isn’t playing well. We obviously need help at ROG but we also need help at LOG but can the staff, like SEA, admit they whiffed with Mankins and walk away with a bit of egg on their face? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In retrospect I do wish we had that 4th back that was traded for Mankins…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Once again,  taken to the cleaners by Belichick.  Yes, we would have a MUCH needed 4th rd pick AND a young recieving TE who performed extremely well as a rookie.  L&L have lost EVERY move they’ve made so far.  IMO, had they left everyone in place on last seasons roster, we would be a MUCH better team.Zuttah, Penn, Joseph, Mike Williams, Tim Wright, AND Revis would be a better team than what Lovie has brought in.  This has been nothing less than absolute DISASTER, so far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets face it, our Bucs are still 3+ years away from competing. O-line doesn’t have any pieces that I would build around. GMC will leave if he is smart. His career will be on the downslope before this team is ready to compete. 2 very important pieces to the foundation of the team are broken.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Once again,  taken to the cleaners by Belichick.  Yes, we would have a MUCH needed 4th rd pick AND a young recieving TE who performed extremely well as a rookie.  L&L have lost EVERY move they've made so far.  IMO, had they left everyone in place on last seasons roster, we would be a MUCH better team.Zuttah, Penn, Joseph, Mike Williams, Tim Wright, AND Revis would be a better team than what Lovie has brought in.  This has been nothing less than absolute DISASTER, so far.

Kinda hard to disagree :- I like the draft for the most part, the first few picks anyways. Most of their other moves have been crap, grabbing the top flight guys at almost every position that were available and none have panned out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EDS and whatever trash they put at RG is killing this team.

Please wait…

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.