Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

With the Glazerhouses allowing a home game to be stolen from the fans I hope every home game is 70% opposing teams fans.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

No surprise thT you would

• Capt Kidd

Participant

It was a tradeoff for getting the Superbowl at Rayjay in Tampa. The community should be thankful to the Glazers.

• Biggs3535

Participant

With the Glazerhouses allowing a home game to be stolen from the fans

Here’s a guy that understands how the NFL works.

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

It was a tradeoff for getting the Superbowl at Rayjay in Tampa. The community should be thankful to the Glazers.

Restaurant owners and golf courses should be thankful, Buccaneers fans shouldn’t be. The superbowl being in Tampa is of no consequence to the Buccaneer fan base unless you believe the Buccaneers have a legit chance of playing the Superbowl.

• buc_boi

Participant

I think with the cost of season tickets, I’d rather spend that $$ going to London for the one “home” game.

Would love to go to London.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think with the cost of season tickets, I’d rather spend that $$ going to London for the one “home” game.

Would love to go to London.

It’s an interesting trade off I’m considering as well. It would also keep my money ‘mostly’ away from the Glazers and their bungling of everything for the last decade.

• BP1

Participant

With the Glazerhouses allowing a home game to be stolen from the fans I hope every home game is 70% opposing teams fans.

This makes as much sense as the episode of Friends when Joey thought Chandler took a pair of his underwear so he put on like 5 sets of Chandler’s clothes to get even with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q–6wtCPHg8

• CaptainStagger

Participant

As a Buc fan…and football fan…..I would gladly trade out a home game to host a SB……even if we aren’t in it. It seems illogical to think otherwise.

$400 for a round trip ticket to London right now, would be one hell of a fun trip. But hey Joe …you wanna cry…..you go ahead and be you…and I’ll be me.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

As a Buc fan…and football fan…..I would gladly trade out a home game to host a SB……even if we aren’t in it. It seems illogical to think otherwise.

$400 for a round trip ticket to London right now, would be one hell of a fun trip. But hey Joe …you wanna cry…..you go ahead and be you…and I’ll be me.

Ehh it would have no effect on you. It would just be a bunch of morons from whatever cities the superbowl teams are in driving around turing left from the right lane and things like that. The actual superbowl brings nothing to citizens of the city unless you work in the entertainment business.

• Biggs3535

Participant

The actual superbowl brings nothing to citizens of the city unless you work in the entertainment business.

lolz, continue to wallow in your ignorance.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

The actual superbowl brings nothing to citizens of the city unless you work in the entertainment business.

Is he joking?

• pewterblood

Participant

Going to games was never worth it for me. I think they are a waste of money. I would gladly go to London without having the urge to watch a football game.

• kenntak

Participant

The Bucs attendance was third worst in the league averaging around 54,000 per game (down 5,000 per game since last year!). Football is a business, and I don’t blame the Glazers for trying to increase exposure. You’d  be surprised to see how many fans the Bucs have in Europe, and they will sell the stadium out. Now, if I were still a season ticket holder at Ray Jay, I would want a discount for next year.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Is he joking?

I’m pretty sure he’s a convenience store worker, but even those people should know more people in city/community = more $$$$ for businesses in city/community.  Hotels, restaurants, beaches, drivers, etc., etc., and everyone who works in those industries would all see a two-week boon.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I’m pretty sure he’s a convenience store worker, but even those people should know more people in city/community = more $$$$ for businesses in city/community. Hotels, restaurants, beaches, drivers, etc., etc., and everyone who works in those industries would all see a two-week boon.

Exactly.

“…unless you work in the entertainment business…”

Lolz….

Tell that to the hotels around Orlando (specifically the International Drive area) when the bowl games come to town. Tell that to the numerous restaurants. Tell that to the transportation companies. Tell that to the retail outlets.

Hell, you see it during the Pro Bowl of all things (though they’re lumped in with the PGA Merchandising Show).

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.