Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• BIZKITLIMPED

Participant

Every year for I don’t know how many years, this team has always started sluggish out of the box. And not much changed there after. Yeah we had a couple games here and there that showed they’ve been capable of offensive firepower but they’re so few and far between it’s sickening. So with that said, I'm looking forward to hopefully(finally) seeing some kind of spark with this team early on in games and that momentum carry on throughout the game. I can't wait for training camp to start as well as preseason to get a glimpse of this offense in full swing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sustained drives? We are talking about the bucs right? Seriously though, the bucs desperately need it. The last couple years have been ugly to say the least in this department. Hopefully the quick passing attack enables this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m hoping for this too. I love what I’ve seen from Tedford’s offenses in the past, and I love how they are building this offense. I wish we had paid more attention to the OL this offseason, but you can’t fix everything wrong with the 32nd offense in one year. It’s just not going to happen.However, I do hope you're right and we actually see some sustained drives for once. They've been very absent for a long time, although the game at Seattle last year was indicative of the fact that it COULD be done under the right circumstances.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I too hope to see a vastly improved offense, but what we need is scoring, not time of possession. Time of possession is extremely overstated. Last year the Bucs were #22 in time of possession at 29:29. The #11 held the ball for an average of one minute longer at 30:30. There’s not much that separates almost every team in time of possession.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s hope.  been a long time.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

If ASJ is a stud as billed we will sustain more drives. A stud TE can be a 1st down machine working over the middle against a nickel defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll be the first to admit that Evans wasn’t my first choice in the draft, but even I’ll admit that (along with VJax, ASJ, and Wright)  this offense is going to be mighty tough to cover on 3rd and short or in the red zone.  With that being said, I think the success of this offense will depend on the run game.  Did the team do enough on the interior O-line to ensure they can gain yards on the ground between the 20 yard lines?  Or will the blocking scheme cover a lack of talent if Nicks can’t go?  Time will tell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Offensive execution? Yes, I’m in favor of it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with FRG. I could care less about time of possession when compared to our scoring average. Fans of the Saints, Packers, Broncos, and Patriots; they all know that their respective team is capable of dropping 35+ points every time they step onto the field. They don’t feel like it’s nearly a lock that the kicker will be the one putting up points when they’re in the red zone. Have we EVER felt that way? It would be a nice change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish this same thing every year for the last 10 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Run the ball and Take shots down the field……

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The diversity of weapons at our skill positions should produce much more scoring than we’re accustomed to. One of the missing ingredients from the past was blocking from TEs and Backs. Adding 2 dual-threat TEs in Myers and ASJ should greatly help. And Wright at least has the mindset to become a good blocker and has bulked up to 235. We tend to blame blocking woes on the O’line, but it take more than 5 guys to block 7-8 defenders.     It will take some patience tho', with so many new players. Once they all get on the same page, we should be a juggernaut...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I too hope to see a vastly improved offense, but what we need is scoring, not time of possession. Time of possession is extremely overstated. Last year the Bucs were #22 in time of possession at 29:29. The #11 held the ball for an average of one minute longer at 30:30. There's not much that separates almost every team in time of possession.

Agree that t.o.p. is overrated and there is a very marginal spread amongst the teams.  Obviously scoring is the name of the game, but if there's one single offensive statistic I'd like to see greatly improved other then points it's 3rd down conversion.  31st in the league last year.  Combined with 24th in the league in 3 and out %.  Doing significantly better on 3rd down has to be a focus for our offense.  I continue to marvel at how we managed to go 4-12 last season while carrying a +10 in t.o. rate through 16 games.  The other 7 of the top 8 in the NFL in that statistic were playoff teams.  Only the Rams (7 wins with +8) and the Bills (6 wins with +3) were also able to win less then half of their games while carrying a positive or 0 number for the season. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Time of possession I think is a big deal. In the sense that if your D Is successfully getting off the field on 3rd downs and your offense is sustaining drives and taking full advantage of the opportunities created by the defense. Be it from turnovers and what not. You hold the ball while finishing drives with tds will win you the majority of your games every sunday!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you’re looking for that, offensive snaps per game (which we were 28th in the league last season) would be a better indicator imo.  t.o.p. is weighted to running teams in what has clearly become a passing driven offensive league.  The real time elapse between snaps following an incomplete pass and a rushing attempt are the same.  The defense gets the same time off benefit, but the t.o.p. is obviously significantly different.  I also see no correlation between t.o.p. and taking advantage of opportunities presented by defensive play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WE’RE GONNA SCORE TOUCHDOWNS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bucs-kid-cheerleaders1.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m interested to see how all the cogs work together.Tedford is supposed to have a quick offense, but you know lovie will want to be conservative. Yes, we all know he's going to want to run the ball, but on passing downs, is the "qb whisperer" in total control?If we can have quick-strike capability along with a stout defense, it won't matter. However, most of the time, especially in a lovie led system, the defense gets the work, while the offense is just preventing/limiting screw ups the best they can. One usually gets favored more than the other, or is limited by the players at hand. Idk if I see that in our particular case.

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.