Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• MarineBuc

Participant

One has got think that the Buc is gonna eat well on Sunday

Due to the ongoing ailments of Duane Brown and Xavier Su'a-Filo, the Texans were forced to start a hodgepodge offensive line against the Panthers last week. Things then went from bad to worse when Jeff Adams sustained a season-ending injury in the midst of the Carolina game, further weakening an already flagging unit.Not surprisingly, the Texans are scrambling for reinforcements on the offensive line, and that desperation was evident today as the team made a handful of moves. Aaron Wilson reports: The Texans signed tackle Edawn Coughman to the practice squad and worked out tackle Jesse Davis, according to a league source.Meanwhile, the Texans cut quarterback Zac Dysert and offensive tackle Joseph Treadwell from the practice squad.We can debate the shortcomings of Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer, and a running attack that's missing Arian Foster until the cows come home, but a decimated offensive line will only continue to hamstring an offense that's searching for any sort of consistency or spark.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah while the concern for the Bucs o-line against a fearsome Texans D-line is warranted I can’t see how everyone is overlooking the Bucs D-line going up against the Texans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah while the concern for the Bucs o-line against a fearsome Texans D-line is warranted I can't see how everyone is overlooking the Bucs D-line going up against the Texans.

Yeah, maybe George Johnson will get across the LOS this week. LOL. He had a really tough game vs. the Saints. Holy cow. Michael Johnson v2.0.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah while the concern for the Bucs o-line against a fearsome Texans D-line is warranted I can't see how everyone is overlooking the Bucs D-line going up against the Texans.

Yeah, maybe George Johnson will get across the LOS this week. LOL. He had a really tough game vs. the Saints. Holy cow. Michael Johnson v2.0.

Disagree on that. George came in with lower expectations and at least he is giving effort unlike MJ. I believe he has been solid against the run thus far and while he didn't have a great game against the Saints, he still almost had Brees sacked in the 1st half. He was right there to make the play, but just didn't get Brees down. I could see he was upset with himself, but at least he was there to provide pressure.In regards to the Texans o-line, you know it's bad when their signing a Bucs castoff (Edwan Coughman). I'm expecting a lot of pressure from our d-line on Sunday, but I also think the Texans defense will do the same thing to us. I think this game is going to come down to turnovers and which team can make the most of them. Would love to see a pick 6 from our D this week. Our LB's were very close on a few plays last week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think both offensive lines will end up being the major factor in who wins this game. Houston has no continuity along their line and have cast offs starting with probably limited experience with the playbook. That’s going to have to impact the Houston offensive play selection. Compare that to Tampa, where the same 5 players have been playing together for much of the off/pre-season and two games.  Koetter is going to have a wider play selection to choose from.Also, Koetter seems to be getting a handle on how to play to the line strengths. I expect to see a lot of two and three TE sets next game to give Winston time in the pocket or blocking for the run game. While a lot is being made about the play of Watt off the edge, Smith seems to be doing a pretty good imitation of Watt for us so far. Finally, this is the third time in five weeks that we've faced a 3-4 defense, plus there is two weeks of tape out there now on Houston, so I'm really, really hoping that we can put together a solid offensive game plan against their defense.I'm biased, I don't fully appreciate Houston's roster, but I think we have enough talent to win Sunday if we can cut down the number of penalties and don't have players free lancing on defense like we did against Tennessee.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched some of the replay of the Texans/Panthers game. The Texans plan was to get the ball out the QBs hands quickly. It looked a lot like the Mariota game plan from week one against us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree on that. George came in with lower expectations and at least he is giving effort unlike MJ. I believe he has been solid against the run thus far and while he didn't have a great game against the Saints, he still almost had Brees sacked in the 1st half. He was right there to make the play, but just didn't get Brees down. I could see he was upset with himself, but at least he was there to provide pressure.In regards to the Texans o-line, you know it's bad when their signing a Bucs castoff (Edwan Coughman). I'm expecting a lot of pressure from our d-line on Sunday, but I also think the Texans defense will do the same thing to us. I think this game is going to come down to turnovers and which team can make the most of them. Would love to see a pick 6 from our D this week. Our LB's were very close on a few plays last week.

I agree w/ him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched some of the replay of the Texans/Panthers game. The Texans plan was to get the ball out the QBs hands quickly. It looked a lot like the Mariota game plan from week one against us.

The difference is that they have Matt Cassel (or whoever that other guy is). ASJ loss does concern me however, I think it'll be a toss up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup and if the Bucs can be consistent from game to game with that pass rush, particularly against Houston with a temperamental QB, they might derail their offense enough to walk away with a shut out, and a low score W. Say…10-0. I can see that. Problem is, we KNOW the Texans pass rush is consistently brutal, and the Bucs Dline is not. So I think Vegas has it right in this game. Their pass rush against the Bucs Oline is going to be a brutal siege...But yeah, Smith and McCoy come in with chips ("playing" against Watt and Clowney), come in to show who can dominate and should be getting Subway commercials and chopping pine (weak) in a Verizon commercial...they can come in and say they are the Anti-Hype-Silverbacks. Time to beat up Mallet and pull those corners up. Jameis needs to be accurate and fast with his vision and decisions. Period.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want to see Marpet crush Cushing. What a DB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want to see Marpet crush Cushing. What a DB.

Give him cushlash?  Or a Cushcussion?  Crush the Cush!Yeah. He is a roided out crystal backer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The difference is that they have Matt Cassel (or whoever that other guy is). ASJ loss does concern me however, I think it'll be a toss up.

LOL @ Matt Cassel. He sure gets around.  ;D

Please wait…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.