Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I would like to start off by saying that the team looks competitive for a change which is good.  Still, they are making too many mistakes, but it is one of the youngest teams in football.  However, the few veterans this team has though are making errors that should not be happening.Lovie Smith needs to have more discipline over his team and how they play.  A lot of the penalties yesterday were bogus and the refs were calling it tight while most NFL crews don't and let defenders play.On offense, I think Koetter called a brilliant game but the offensive players made errors and literally a few inches determined if a play was a success or not.  More practice can address this.Defensively, the Bucs defense wasn't as bad as people are saying.  The one area of concern was the lack of pressure by the defensive line.  Now moving onto the players:Winston - He had a lot of throws off target outside the hashes, but he had the right idea with the most of the throws with the exception of on throw (forced INT).  Still, a lot of receiver target had both mits on the ball and could not come up with it.Evans - A solid game for a normal WR but very average for Evans.  He will bounce back in time with more practice.VJax - This guy has found the fountain of youth.  The sole veteran that looks competent out there along with Melton and McDonald.Hawley - He simply is too light in the pants to go up against Wilfork types at the point of attack.  But he is significantly cheaper than Smith and he has a similar frame.Sims/Martin - They are slowly building into a nice 1-2 punch which we were all envisioning last year with Tedford.  Sims in space is what I have been asking for a long time and it is finally paying off  Keep it up Koetter.Tight End position is weak without ASJ, but I don't think he is that good.  If I was the Bucs I would start to look at TE's in college to draft next year.  Need a reliable TE to be added.  Myers is simply a stop gap.Donovan Smith had the best game so far as a pro and outplayed Marpet.Marpet simply put needs to hit the gym to build his strength.  This will come with another off season of work at the NFL level.  I like the tools but his power is lacking for interior play.Cherilus has been a pleasant surprise so far and the Bucs have depth at OT.Mankins - What a disappointment as he looks average out there.Murphy - A speedier version of Karl Williams.Rainey - Learn to catch football lol.Defensively, Melton came to play along with Gholston.  The rest were JAGS on the defensive line.  George Johnson looks out of place as starting RDE.  I would experiment and put Gholston out there if I was a head coach.Jenkins, ,Jennings, and Verner made plays despite not having much help with pass rush up front.Alexander is a rising star.  David is in need of a massive boost because he is making too many mistakes.Conte is playing some of the most sound football to date.  He is even the best form tackler on the team currently which is hard for me to say.Overall, I am pleased to see a team competing for a change.  Not pleased to see mistakes that should not be happening in the regular season.This is a 6-10 team unless they prove otherwise and reach above .500 some time this season.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• jgrable1

Participant

There were a lot of positives to take out of yesterday’s game and you hit on a bunch.If you would have told me that we would allow that DL zero sacks I wouldn't have believed it.I want to see incremental improvement and yesterday I did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the lack of talent is obvious but so it the amount of young talent.  I think a lot of these players have a bright future.  But I do have to question your comment about Conte and his form tackling.  Wasn’t he the one to get not one, but two face masking penalties using that form?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked that Winston was moving around in the pocket and climbing the pocket to make throws.  Donovan Smith was using his long reach to keep Watt to the outside.  Marpet received a crash course in being knocked off his pants by Wattt however haha learning experienced for the rookie.Evans made some brilliant catches but he also had head scratchers.  I think Winston was off with some throws but if two hands are on the ball you make the catch.  That is the NFL standard and expectation.Defensively, the defensive backs played the best game they have thus far despite having little help from the front seven.  Bucs defense is missing a legit RDE and FS.  Add those two pieces and this defense takes off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked that Winston was moving around in the pocket and climbing the pocket to make throws.  Donovan Smith was using his long reach to keep Watt to the outside.  Marpet received a crash course in being knocked off his pants by Wattt however haha learning experienced for the rookie.Evans made some brilliant catches but he also had head scratchers.  I think Winston was off with some throws but if two hands are on the ball you make the catch.  That is the NFL standard and expectation.Defensively, the defensive backs played the best game they have thus far despite having little help from the front seven.  Bucs defense is missing a legit RDE and FS.  Add those two pieces and this defense takes off.

Agreed. We need a legit FS to help our corners out and obviously at least 1 legit RDE. This draft should solve this issue along with some FA help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a team that’s somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10 IMO. There’s some talent scattered throughout the roster. But, with who he have at HC; I question whether we’ll get anywhere or whether we’ll get the most out of the talent we have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well the game was 10-9 deep into the 4th quarter, so you really can’t fault the effort. If Brindza hits those field goals and extra points, we would at worse have still been in it at the end.Too many penalties were once again our downfall, that and drops. The one turnover that was reversed by penalty is just something that can't happen.All in all, growth game. I had hoped that we could be good enough to beat a good, but injured team, but I guess it wasn't happening. Going 1-12 on 3rd down plays are just not going to win you many games in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. We need a legit FS to help our corners out and obviously at least 1 legit RDE. This draft should solve this issue along with some FA help.

Yup.Conte is a nice stop gap but a legit FS to cover  androam back there with a RDE bringing heat on the blind side would do wonders for this defense.  It is a work in progress though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ve been unable to run the balled since Evan Smith was knocked out in no. Coincidence? I think not. As much flack as Evans gets around here he is solid in the run game. We need him back. Hawley is a legit backup this oline is good mankind needs replaced next year. Smith and marpet have both show big potential imo.  I saw we draft a legit lg and c next year. I disagree on the corners. If only we had a revis type guy this secondary would be good. What happened to him? O well I digress lol. Banks is good Jennings has been alright too but verner and esp Jenkins have been trash. Jenkins sucks bad.Your right a lot to be encouraged by tho Evans is still rusty people forget he missed a lot of time in preseason and practices. He'll be fine if he makes the plays he usually does he has a monster game. I'm not worried about him. I would start gholston at lde Johnson has done nothing so far. And of course adw I agree with what u say about our tes. Mark dominik set this team so far back. We have one player left from 2010. Terrible u have to almost try to be that bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man a great FS would turn this team around.This year is the year of getting our offense on track. I'm pleased to see our offense making different mistakes from game to game. Means they're learning. Takes a while to have an offense click like the elite ones. But game 1 everyone looked confused. Game 2 we went conservative and made a few plays. Game 3 Winston was taking a lot of chances (which was great) and seemed to be throwing to the right guys. He was just a bit off and they dropped some catchable balls. In a few weeks that timing will be worked out and I think our offense will start to take off. Ain't no elite offenses that were built in a season. Continuity is extremely underrated and it's showing up in Indy. They get 3 new offensive players and can't do anything with it.As crappy as that loss was, we still looked better on offense. That throw to vjax in the corner was a great play. Just unlucky that the DBs leg happened to be where vjax was tapping down.

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.