Viewing 81 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

his contract is up in 2016?http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Mike%20Glennon&Position=QB&Team=BuccaneersMcCown is here for at least two years of his contract which would mean he is here till 2015.  So Glennon takes over in 2016? What if McCown is re-signed for 2 or more years then what?Thoughts?  ???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, unless he wins the job this year he isn’t the future anything except backup. The future does not wait on McC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

his contract is up in 2016?http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Mike%20Glennon&Position=QB&Team=BuccaneersMcCown is here for at least two years of his contract which would mean he is here till 2015.  So Glennon takes over in 2016? What if McCown is re-signed for 2 or more years then what?Thoughts?  ???

Glennon is the backup until he either wins the job or they find another QB of the future.  I know the Bucs were impressed by Glennon and he may get an extension if he plays at all over the next two years.  We all know this, if someone was to come along with better upside than Glennon, he would be the QB of the future no more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If only there was a way you could talk to a player and come to a mutual agreement that he should stay on your team longer. Damn it.Out of all the non-sense ramblings about why Mike won't be the QB OTF, his contract running out in '16 is probably the worst one I've seen.....so you got that going for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure how the NFL can possibly survive on boilerplate contracts…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only question in my mind, is how do decide at the end of the season to commit to Glennon as the future or draft an early QB in next years class if McCown plays every game this season. Glennon is likely to get reps with the 2nd unit in preseason. Im hoping that they let Glennon get PT with the 1st stringers in a preseason game or we have a game where we are ahead by enough to put in Glennon and see him work the new offense in his 2nd year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is the QB for the foreseeable future. The only way this doesn't happen is if Josh sh*ts the bed during training camp or preseason. Hopefully, he balls out for the next few seasons. We have a capable backup in Glennon during that time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

people can be offered another contract

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, unless he wins the job this year he isn't the future anything except backup. The future does not wait on McC.

I disagree slightly.  This goes counter to everything that has been said like how they want to let Glennon watch and learn, develop and so on.  Although it would be cool if he won the starting position because he played better (vice Josh getting hurt or just plain stinking up the joint) I think the base plan is for Glennon to prove he is the future; and he doesn't have to win the starting job to do that. BTW the main reasons Josh might get a second contract with starter money is if Glennon shows not to be the future or he plays Gannon like.So I  agree, this year  will determine Glennons future, but winning the starting QB job this year isn't a requirement, in my opinion.I know some posters, not you necessarily you, want a definitive answer right now, or at the start of the season, but this can be a long process and I doubt we will truly know until the FA period and draft next year, if then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There you have the simple answer to the question.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"There is a place for Revis on this team"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, unless he wins the job this year he isn't the future anything except backup. The future does not wait on McC.

I disagree slightly.  This goes counter to everything that has been said like how they want to let Glennon watch and learn, develop and so on.  Although it would be cool if he won the starting position because he played better (vice Josh getting hurt or just plain stinking up the joint) I think the base plan is for Glennon to prove he is the future; and he doesn't have to win the starting job to do that. BTW the main reasons Josh might get a second contract with starter money is if Glennon shows not to be the future or he plays Gannon like.So I  agree, this year  will determine Glennons future, but winning the starting QB job this year isn't a requirement, in my opinion.I know some posters, not you necessarily you, want a definitive answer right now, or at the start of the season, but this can be a long process and I doubt we will truly know until the FA period and draft next year, if then.

Well the reality is good QBs don't sit and wait and learn. They play.  They clearly don't sit for a player of the calibre of McC...there is no Brett Favre thing here or a Tom Brady blocking Jimmy G.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think, even with their talk, they aren’t committed.Glennon could grow to be a good qb, but in the meantime, glennon also has to progress to the point that he's better, or as good, as mccown. Contracts don't matter much in the longrun though. If they feel he's the guy, they pay him. Simple. No need to reinvent the wheel.Glennon will probably get another shot, but if he tanks, or is lackluster, it's going to be back to the good ol bench pretty quick.If mccown goes beastmode in the nfcs, they will pay him, not glennon, and glennon will be let go for a cheaper option when his contract wears out. Or, they may become comfortable with him and keep him as insurance/replacement. Remember, mccown is old, but he's also avoided the bangs most vets have at this point of his career. He very well could last longer than most of us expect. Also, it should be noted that we haven't had too many qbs go beastmode, so if mccown does, he's probably going to be here for as long as lovie can keep him on life support.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well the reality is good QBs don't sit and wait and learn. They play.  They clearly don't sit for a player of the calibre of McC...there is no Brett Favre thing here or a Tom Brady blocking Jimmy G.

I get that Arod sat behind brett favre, but sitting behind a veteran isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But right now mccown is coming in hot. 13 touchdowns 1 int, most of it lobbing to the big boys Marshall and Jeffery but hes playing hot. Lovie wants to win now. Normally youd prefer your future to beat out a stopgap but this gives Glennon, who obviously has his flaws, but he has potential too. Theres no harm giving him some more time to develop. At the worst we have a capable backup. At best in a year or two he comes out even more improved. Its pretty clear to me he will never be a superstar, but he could develop into a matt ryan or flacco which is good enough to go all the way with a good supporting cast. But that doesn’t mean we cant look to always upgrade the position as well.If that made any sense whatsoever.... Just my opinion

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There you have the simple answer to the question.

Uhhhh.. That wasn't suppose to happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay Hate....the quote was already a major fail on another thread. It is not the same as calling someone the QB of the future. Revis was a money issue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The elites not named Manning sat behind a vet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Foles sat behind a stopgap in vick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Foles sat behind a stopgap in vick

That too...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of last years starters who sat the bench for a while: Brees, Rivers, Romo, Fitzpatrick, Foles, Cutler, Rodgers, Schaub, McCown, CasselMy question to you dal, are you saying, if a QB doesn't start from day one, he is no good and never will be any good? Or maybe it's worth a chance to see if you can develop a player into a good starting QB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Believing anything lovie and licht say = gullibility.They have done a lot of bsing so far, so I think it's safe to assume a lier should be trusted to lie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Believing anything lovie and licht say = gullibility.They have done a lot of bsing so far, so I think it's safe to assume a lier should be trusted to lie.

Does that apply to just Lovie and Licht or the entire NFL?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

You can believe Lovie’s actions :No QBS picked , despite an all offense draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Patriots have made a living the past decade of grooming QB’s behind Brady and trading them for ridiculously high draft picks. I only hope the Bucs can emulate that same scam.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is the QB of the future because he has been cursed with a string bean body type. I have said all along that if you could put him on the practice squad for 2 to 3 years until he develops physically he may be able to QB in this league but not at 6′ 7″ 225 pounds. He almost got killed in the STL game. He will end up spleenles like Chris Simms.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many of them started, were benched, then returned to be productive?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can believe Lovie's actions :No QBS picked , despite an all offense draft.

After Manziel and Bridgewater, this class sucked balls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i highly doubt it’s going to negatively effect him. It’s not like he’s some egomaniac, not does he have low self esteem. He’s an overachiever and level headed. This can do nothing but good for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i highly doubt it's going to negatively effect him. It's not like he's some egomaniac, not does he have low self esteem. He's an overachiever and level headed. This can do nothing but good for him.

If he's over-achieved, as you suggest, then that doesn't project well for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does that apply to just Lovie and Licht or the entire NFL?

Everyone of course.It's just that we've JUST witnessed a lot of that since they came in. We like revis..love manziel..looking for a qb...speed in space...mw...etc etc.Now, I don't follow every team, and I assume most of them are like that, but lnl have done a lot of it. And because of that, I wouldn't trust them when they talk about glennon.Actually, them saying "future qb," could be a deathstrike.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most don’t say anything…..they just ramble on about nothing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously?  Is there a specific direction you want them to hop in while whistling?  Any favorite songs?Tom Brady comes to mind.  But that was an unusual set of circumstances, too...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of last years starters who sat the bench for a while: Brees, Rivers, Romo, Fitzpatrick, Foles, Cutler, Rodgers, Schaub, McCown, CasselMy question to you dal, are you saying, if a QB doesn't start from day one, he is no good and never will be any good? Or maybe it's worth a chance to see if you can develop a player into a good starting QB?

By their second year, yes they should be playing other than a handful of guys who have an excuse. We should not even be discussing the Cassel, McCown, Fitz who aren't good.  Brady, Foles, Brees for example are all guys who played in year 2 and played well. By year 2 QBs are who they are overall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously?  Is there a specific direction you want them to hop in while whistling?  Any favorite songs?Tom Brady comes to mind.  But that was an unusual set of circumstances, too...

When was Brady benched?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Brady benched?

After he won a Super Bowl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Brady benched?

I'll wait.........

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i highly doubt it's going to negatively effect him. It's not like he's some egomaniac, not does he have low self esteem. He's an overachiever and level headed. This can do nothing but good for him.

Well sort of. Hes not the most physically gifted that’s for sure. But he’s got just enough in him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Brady benched?

Say what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Brady benched?

Say what?

Inane answer to an inane question...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Brady benched?

Say what?

Inane answer to an inane question...

Translation: Hate wins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Glennon benched?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Glennon benched?

When they named McCown the starter. But, we can all see what you're doing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You should go back and read what Lovie said… and what Raheem Morris said about McCown’s brother being the starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=QB&Year=2016That is the list of 2016 UFA QB's.  I expect most to be re-signed before they hit FA but is Lovie/Licht banking on one of these guys shaking loose?  I guess they can always re-sign McCown in a worst case scenario.Also the only QB that I can think of that sat for a long time and ended up playing was Aaron Rodgers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You should go back and read what Lovie said... and what Raheem Morris said about McCown's brother being the starter.

You mean the part where Lovie has named McCown the starter? Or the part where he said that McCown is our QB and that he hopes he will be for years to come?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=QB&Year=2016That is the list of 2016 UFA QB's.  I expect most to be re-signed before they hit FA but is Lovie/Licht banking on one of these guys shaking loose?  I guess they can always re-sign McCown in a worst case scenario.Also the only QB that I can think of that sat for a long time and ended up playing was Aaron Rodgers.

Out of those, who would you like? And who do you think would shake loose? Rivers was the first name that came to mind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These circular arguments mean very little.  All anyone wants is Buc victories. Now that we didn’t bite on this crop of QBs, we are in much better position to do just that. Who cares who is under center as long as we win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You should go back and read what Lovie said... and what Raheem Morris said about McCown's brother being the starter.

I'm not one to dig up old posts but it seems we'll have to revisit your stance come opening day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not one to dig up old posts but it seems we'll have to revisit your stance come opening day.

What does opening day have to do with it.  Lovie got his guy... he also has his guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the bigger question is will he get a chance to win the starting job again. He’s gonna have to play at some point to really see if he can ball. You don’t want to judge everything on his rookie season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has already proclaimed McCown the starter which translates to Glennon being benched. Due to semantics, you don’t seem to agree. The only way to get true clarification is to see who lines up under center when we face the Panthers. Would you not agree?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon could outplay  McCown in preseason right? It could happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was a place for Revis on the team. He’d still be on this team, but he refused to restructure his contract. The fact that you keep bringing up that quote as some type of evidence that Lovie is a liar is weak Skip. You’re better than that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was a place for Revis on the team. He'd still be on this team, but he refused to restructure his contract. The fact that you keep bringing up that quote as some type of evidence that Lovie is a liar is weak Skip. You're better than that.

gtfoh with that nonsense. The guy signed a contract....why should he restructure? And those words are Lovie's, not mine.

Absolutely, it could  ::) But if that happens, we're in trouble!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was a place for Revis on the team. He'd still be on this team, but he refused to restructure his contract. The fact that you keep bringing up that quote as some type of evidence that Lovie is a liar is weak Skip. You're better than that.

gtfoh with that nonsense. The guy signed a contract....why should he restructure? And those words are Lovie's, not mine.

Why should he restructure? He signed a contract? Did he give money back to the JETS the year he got hurt? He got paid to play 16 games and didn’t. Everyone knows the contracts in the NFL don’t mean crap. He took $4 mil less from the Pats. But the point isn't whether or not he should have restructured, the point is you keep tossing out that lame azz quote as if it is some sort of proof you can't take Lovie at his word. There was room for Revis on the team, but not for $16mil.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“But as Josh will tell you, it’s just a starting rotation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why should he restructure? He signed a contract? Did he give money back to the JETS the year he got hurt? He got paid to play 16 games and didn't. Everyone knows the contracts in the NFL don't mean crap. He took $4 mil less from the Pats. But the point isn't whether or not he should have restructured, the point is you keep tossing out that lame azz quote as if it is some sort of proof you can't take Lovie at his word. There was room for Revis on the team, but not for $16mil.

You can take the quote any way you want to but the fact remains....those are his words, not mine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"But as Josh will tell you, it's just a starting rotation."

I have to give you credit. You will cling to every last shred of hope.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not the one whimpering "Johnny" into my pillow... But, it isn't hope.  It's observation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Umm...because there is a new sheriff in Dodge. Lovie meant every word he said when he said there was a place for Revis on the team......just not at $16mil....when they needed that money to plug all the other holes. If Revis would have restructured, he would still be on the team. He didn't want to be on the team that badly, so they parted ways. Can't blame either party.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not the one whimpering "Johnny" into my pillow... But, it isn't hope.  It's observation.

Lol. You'd like to think that. I was actually excited as all hell when I saw Evans and ASJ announced as our first 2 picks. I'm sorry that when you see Glennon not sitting on top of the depth chart, you die a little inside. Why don't you actually try and get excited about the potential this offense has? Just because you may not like that you're mancrush is currently holding the clipboard, doesn't mean you can't support the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fellas come on, why would any coach worth his salt reveal his plans to the public? What is there to gain from that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“We Have A Place For A Great Cover Corner”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why should he restructure? He signed a contract? Did he give money back to the JETS the year he got hurt? He got paid to play 16 games and didn't. Everyone knows the contracts in the NFL don't mean crap. He took $4 mil less from the Pats. But the point isn't whether or not he should have restructured, the point is you keep tossing out that lame azz quote as if it is some sort of proof you can't take Lovie at his word. There was room for Revis on the team, but not for $16mil.

You can take the quote any way you want to but the fact remains....those are his words, not mine.

They’re your words now. Now that you have posted them 100 times as if they are actually significant to something that has to do with the QB situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These circular arguments mean very little.  All anyone wants is Buc victories. Now that we didn't bite on this crop of QBs, we are in much better position to do just that. Who cares who is under center as long as we win.

I think we know that they would rather be right than win games. Just read their words. There is no room for wrong in their posts. Glennon supporters ask for a shot under the new coaches. The haters say he will never improve, so we should be rid of him. Therefore, they would rather be right and not really find out what we have in Mike.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These circular arguments mean very little.  All anyone wants is Buc victories. Now that we didn't bite on this crop of QBs, we are in much better position to do just that. Who cares who is under center as long as we win.

I think we know that they would rather be right than win games. Just read their words. There is no room for wrong in their posts. Glennon supporters ask for a shot under the new coaches. The haters say he will never improve, so we should be rid of him. Therefore, they would rather be right and not really find out what we have in Mike.

I think that goes both ways buddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think so. The supporters want to find out what we have in Mike under the new coaching staff. If he fails, then so be it. BTW, lol @ buddy. That is a first for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think so. The supporters want to find out what we have in Mike under the new coaching staff. If he fails, then so be it. BTW, lol @ buddy. That is a first for me.

Thanks for proving my point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whatever!  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You claim that Glennon haters would rather be right than win games. Yet, you say that Glennon should get the nod and if he fail, then so be it. So, basically, you're saying that you'd sacrifice wins just to "see what we've got". Like I said, it goes both ways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You claim that Glennon haters would rather be right than win games. Yet, you say that Glennon should get the nod and if he fail, then so be it. So, basically, you're saying that you'd sacrifice wins just to "see what we've got". Like I said, it goes both ways.

Is this not the way things are done with young QBs in the NFL? It makes sense to me. If he wins the starting job this year or next, he should be given a chance under this staff to win games. If this was the case and he took the team to the playoffs, how would you feel about that? Happy, or mad because you were wrong?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, you just don't understand, he's an over achiever that has potential to be even better.    ::)Remember it's the coaching, team mates, he's hard working, he's only 25.... Sorry When the list of reasons for Glennon being "The Man" gets listed I start getting flash backs to the years of excuses for Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this not the way things are done with young QBs in the NFL? It makes sense to me. If he wins the starting job this year or next, he should be given a chance under this staff to win games. If this was the case and he took the team to the playoffs, how would you feel about that? Happy, or mad because you were wrong?

That's not what you said nor is that what you implied. Now IF Glennon wins the starting job, then good for him. I wouldn't be "wrong" about anything. And, without a doubt, yes; I would be rooting for him. Unlike other Glennon supporters (well, actually just 2 of them), I want the best man for the job at QB. I could care less what the name on the back of the jersey says.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They're your words now. Now that you have posted them 100 times as if they are actually significant to something that has to do with the QB situation.

they must be of some significance since you seem to be clinging to them so tightly....i'm flattered.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By their second year, yes they should be playing other than a handful of guys who have an excuse. We should not even be discussing the Cassel, McCown, Fitz who aren't good.  Brady, Foles, Brees for example are all guys who played in year 2 and played well. By year 2 QBs are who they are overall.

Wow, didn't know it was so finite.  Is this written down somewhere on the NFL annals or is it something everyone just knows?BTW, who are the others?  What is their excuse?  Might Glennon have an excuse or is that not possible?The point I'm getting to Dal, it seems you simply don't want Glennon on the team and/or you think it is already a fact he will never be anything so he should be discarded already.  No second chance, no excuses, no exception.  That does seem pretty harsh and cut throat.  He just might work out.  Might not.  But if you just throw him away now, then we will never know.  I'm sorry if you didn't get the QB you wanted in the draft but I guess L&L don't agree with you.  Hopefully if Glennon comes around, you won't be bitter about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon will be moved...I expect a trade with the Pats for Mallett....Glennon plus a 3 or 4....possibly a 2....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s an interesting comment from Mark Dominik’s on 98.7 (posted from BucNation):Regarding the McCown signing and Glennon's standing with the team:"It makes a lot of sense what Lovie did to go get a guy that he's very comfortable with," said Dominik."That's the hard part of the CBA. The new coaches can't work with the players that are on the roster until the offseason program begins, and even then you're very limited in what you can even do. You can just really learn from how they are mentally without seeing them throw. So I think Lovie Smith and Jason Licht weren't very sure what Mike Glennon was, and so I think they stepped back and made sure they were protected with a veteran that they felt like they could turn to from day one."Makes sense what Lovie said about somebody having to take the first reps. Based on that, I can see where this might be more of a QB battle than people think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, didn't know it was so finite.  Is this written down somewhere on the NFL annals or is it something everyone just knows?BTW, who are the others?  What is their excuse?  Might Glennon have an excuse or is that not possible?The point I'm getting to Dal, it seems you simply don't want Glennon on the team and/or you think it is already a fact he will never be anything so he should be discarded already.  No second chance, no excuses, no exception.  That does seem pretty harsh and cut throat.  He just might work out.  Might not.  But if you just throw him away now, then we will never know.  I'm sorry if you didn't get the QB you wanted in the draft but I guess L&L don't agree with you.  Hopefully if Glennon comes around, you won't be bitter about it.

Glennon looks awful in the two minute offense. I highly doubt he can overcome that. If he gained the ability to lead the 2 minute offense, I and many others would back Glennon.However. He has not. So it is very doubtful that Glennon will pan out. If he does? Great. Amazing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's an interesting comment from Mark Dominik's on 98.7 (posted from BucNation):Regarding the McCown signing and Glennon's standing with the team:"It makes a lot of sense what Lovie did to go get a guy that he's very comfortable with," said Dominik."That's the hard part of the CBA. The new coaches can't work with the players that are on the roster until the offseason program begins, and even then you're very limited in what you can even do. You can just really learn from how they are mentally without seeing them throw. So I think Lovie Smith and Jason Licht weren't very sure what Mike Glennon was, and so I think they stepped back and made sure they were protected with a veteran that they felt like they could turn to from day one."Makes sense what Lovie said about somebody having to take the first reps. Based on that, I can see where this might be more of a QB battle than people think.

The only problem with that is, based on what PR has reported McCown and Glennon showed in the minicamp that has been held, the two QBs were not close in performance. I guess that might change but I'm not sold that Lovie really wants it to. This all said from someone who would prefer they got Glennon out there this season and found out what he can do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's an interesting comment from Mark Dominik's on 98.7 (posted from BucNation):Regarding the McCown signing and Glennon's standing with the team:"It makes a lot of sense what Lovie did to go get a guy that he's very comfortable with," said Dominik."That's the hard part of the CBA. The new coaches can't work with the players that are on the roster until the offseason program begins, and even then you're very limited in what you can even do. You can just really learn from how they are mentally without seeing them throw. So I think Lovie Smith and Jason Licht weren't very sure what Mike Glennon was, and so I think they stepped back and made sure they were protected with a veteran that they felt like they could turn to from day one."Makes sense what Lovie said about somebody having to take the first reps. Based on that, I can see where this might be more of a QB battle than people think.

The only problem with that is, based on what PR has reported McCown and Glennon showed in the minicamp that has been held, the two QBs were not close in performance. I guess that might change but I'm not sold that Lovie really wants it to. This all said from someone who would prefer they got Glennon out there this season and found out what he can do.

I took from that article that McCown looked fantastic while Glennon looked alright. Of course, those are two different things. Who knows? All I am saying is, Dominik makes a good point about the new staff not knowing Glennon and having the ability to bring a somewhat-known, trusted veteran to play QB. I like McCown and I am hoping he can have a Gannon-esque revival. However, I would not be heartbroken to see Glennon flat out beat the guy in an open competition. Ultimately, it would be the difference between having a good offense for a few seasons vs a generation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I took from that article that McCown looked fantastic while Glennon looked alright. Of course, those are two different things. Who knows? All I am saying is, Dominik makes a good point about the new staff not knowing Glennon and having the ability to bring a somewhat-known, trusted veteran to play QB. I like McCown and I am hoping he can have a Gannon-esque revival. However, I would not be heartbroken to see Glennon flat out beat the guy in an open competition. Ultimately, it would be the difference between having a good offense for a few seasons vs a generation.

As I said...not sure he gets the chance. The one thing that concerned me regarding PRs analysis was the mention of Glennon still hesitant and non aggressive which I think is his biggest drawback as a QB. A lot of the 19 and 9 numbers is hidden in that tendency and that is in a negative way in my opinion. He'll have to overcome that tendency if the next step is to be taken and, frankly, I think that needs to be learned on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon looks awful in the two minute offense. I highly doubt he can overcome that. If he gained the ability to lead the 2 minute offense, I and many others would back Glennon.However. He has not. So it is very doubtful that Glennon will pan out. If he does? Great. Amazing.

Actually, I thought he looked pretty good in the planned hurry up offense. But yes at the end of game two-minute drill, he needs to improve. The thing with the two minute drill is more mental than physical.  Obviously everything is hurried up.  Rookie QBs are notoriously bad at the two minute drill.  Maybe he can't improve, but he has the tools and the smarts, I think he can get better at it.  He has this year to prove it and it may only be on the practice field and preseason.

Please wait…

Viewing 81 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.