Viewing 54 reply threads

• Author

• OneTruth

Participant

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. We are able to disassemble water molecules by running an electrical current through it in order to separate oxygen and hydrogen bonds. The reverse ~ If oxygen and hydrogen combine then the reaction should give off an electrical discharge i.e. a lightning strike. Suppose every time we witness lightning water molecules are being formed in the earth's atmosphere.That is logical to think there is not a finite volume of water contained within the earth's physical boundaries (sky, surface, and subterranean).Now about all those flood theories where there isn't enough water to cover the entire surface? smh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

where did all that O2 in the air come from?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.forbes.com/sites/singularity/2013/04/22/nearly-unlimited-water/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.forbes.com/sites/singularity/2013/04/22/nearly-unlimited-water/

that's relatively old news.  that's talking about fresh, drinkable water, which we all know is only limited to humans by how much standing freshwater is available, and how much energy we want to use to turn saltwater into freshwater(which if we cover the planet in solar panels, we could desalinate the ocean as we pleased; its doubtful the sun will stop shining. but seems we're not really interested in that)thomas is talking about something different.  thomas is talking about turning enough air into water to flood the continents.  so again I ask him again, where did all that O2 in the air come from?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For every action there is an opposite reaction. We are able to disassemble water molecules by running an electrical current through it in order to separate oxygen and hydrogen bonds. The reverse ~ If oxygen and hydrogen combine then the reaction should give off an electrical discharge i.e. a lightning strike. Suppose every time we witness lightning water molecules are being formed in the earth's atmosphere.That is logical to think there is not a finite volume of water contained within the earth's physical boundaries (sky, surface, and subterranean).Now about all those flood theories where there isn't enough water to cover the entire surface? smh

Flawed logic is flawed.yet another dumb topic by OneBabble.The Earth & it's atmosphere will have a threshold for how much oxygen & hydrogen it can hold, there is only so much room, thus if there is a finite value for those 2 there must be a finite number of how much water there could be.As far as floods go, we really don't need to know much more than if all the snow & ice were to melt we'd be f'ed, don't need to create more for that to happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought one of the properties of a gas was compressibility.http://www.chem.purdue.edu/gchelp/liquids/character.html

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Water is not a gas, and it is not easily compressible. I believe that at around a thousand times atmospheric pressure it can only be compressed 6%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

water vapor IS a gas

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Water vapor is not water though, is it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Water is essentially incompressible, especially under normal conditions.”http://water.usgs.gov/edu/compressibility.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the water molecule 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen… goes into 3 states… liquid ~ water/ solid ~ ice/ and gas ~ steam/ if this molecule were named after accepted nomenclature rules its name would be oxygen dihydride. Interesting little play on words you have here. steam is not water yet it is a water MOLECULE. Water vapor and steam as all gases are compressible. Even as the water molecule in its liquid state is not compressible as this is a characteristic of all liquids.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Ozone is not oxygen, yet each ozone molecule is made of three oxygen atoms. Sodium is a soft metal that is highly reactive and poisonous. It will often explode when exposed to water. Chlorine is a poisonous gas. But combine sodium and chlorine and you get halite, a compound that easily dissolves in water. They have an ionic bond, which completely changes their chemical properties.The point here is that you really don't know enough about chemistry to make any kind of tenable argument. What are you trying to prove anyway? A quick glance at the Greek myth of Deucalion and the even earlier 'Epic of Gilgamesh' quickly reveals that the tale of Noah is a heavily embellished moral tale not meant to be taken literally.The only thing you've ever accomplished in one of your little scientific exposés is to demonstrate that you have a very poor grasp on the basic tenets of science.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

illuminator I presume ….or John Galt?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Btw I have  3 semesters general chem (the junior college I went to broke gen chem into 3 parts though normally it is 2 parts) , and 2 semesters organic chem, and 2 semesters physics. Plus because I enjoy the subjects I have read much additional material. You belittling my knowledge is an attacking the person fallacy. Argue the points or be on your way. Your post seem eerily familiar as my previous post points out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think H2O is the least of the worlds probs.  IIRC, 70-75% of the planet is covered by water?  Sure, its salt water mostly, but the Saudis have been running desalination rigs for years.  Its not cheap, but they are rolling in dough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think H2O is the least of the worlds probs.  IIRC, 70-75% of the planet is covered by water?  Sure, its salt water mostly, but the Saudis have been running desalination rigs for years.  Its not cheap, but they are rolling in dough.

I wouldn't say least ...  From what I've been reading, the way corporations and nations chase oil nowadays is the way they'll chase water in 50 years. Remember that 75% of earths coverage is only available through a huge consumption of energy, so water isn't just a "water" problem, it's still an energy problem

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Btw I have  3 semesters general chem (the junior college I went to broke gen chem into 3 parts though normally it is 2 parts) , and 2 semesters organic chem, and 2 semesters physics.”You'd think at some point you would have learned what salt is. Maybe it was coming up next semester.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had no idea you felt this strongly about sodium.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I had a strong idea you'd steer right around Deucalion and Gilgamesh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Onetruth, what exactly is your hypothesis?The biblical flood could have come from lightning strikes?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

matter is neither created or destroyed in the known physical… However molecules such as water (more accurately ~ H2O : I use the term water to mean the molecule not the liquid) can be increased and decreased and the entirety of the mass is not stable or fixed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

… That’s not a hypothesis, that’s a strangely-articulated version of the law of conservation of massWhat exactly is your hypothesis?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

pretty much stated everything I was trying to say.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't say least ...  From what I've been reading, the way corporations and nations chase oil nowadays is the way they'll chase water in 50 years. Remember that 75% of earths coverage is only available through a huge consumption of energy, so water isn't just a "water" problem, it's still an energy problem

Fair point. I was talking to a friend just the other day about nuke energy. I think it could make a comeback. If that was to happen, we could create energy out of basically nothing. Then use that power to desalinate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

pretty much stated everything I was trying to say.

So, what you're saying is: when lightning strikes, the oxygen and hydrogen in the air fuses together and forms water, and because of this, there is infinite water on earth?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen fuse together and might give off a small electrical discharge. when there are enough they form a lightning bolt. This theory provides the basis for a fluctuating total volume of water in/on/under/above the earth.Water is used in every living organism's life cycle. Water mass is converted from matter into energy, and without any replacements would eventually become depleted.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

First of all, you don't mean "fused." Hydrogen and oxygen share a covalent bond. Fusing occurs inside of stars, or in the massive pressure wave that results from stars exploding. It would take a star many times more massive than the sun in order to fuse oxygen. As for the hydrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere, they evaporated from water to begin with. Turning them back into water just sends them on another loop of the hydrological cycle, which they would have done eventually anyway.What exactly is it that you're trying to demonstrate here? You seem to be experiencing great difficulty trying to elucidate your idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually I do mean fuse. I didn’t say “fusion”. You are talking about a water molecule changing from liquid to gas. I am talking about a new water molecule forming. The bonds are part of theory regarding our current understanding of quantum physics. I am not talking about fusion of bonds between atoms rather the formation of a new water molecule from atoms available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually I do mean fuse. I didn't say "fusion". You are talking about a water molecule changing from liquid to gas. I am talking about a new water molecule forming. The bonds are part of theory regarding our current understanding of quantum physics. I am not talking about fusion of bonds between atoms rather the formation of a new water molecule from atoms available.

No one uses the word "fuse" at all in the creation of water.http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071031125457.htmhttp://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geophysics/manufacture-water.htmhttp://curiosity.discovery.com/question/how-does-water-form

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

The point, Thomas, is that the atoms you are combining to create water molecules came from the evaporation of water to begin with. You haven’t created any “new” water at all. Water evaporates, and then it precipitates out of solution as condensation. Over and over, round and round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually I do mean fuse. I didn't say "fusion". You are talking about a water molecule changing from liquid to gas. I am talking about a new water molecule forming. The bonds are part of theory regarding our current understanding of quantum physics. I am not talking about fusion of bonds between atoms rather the formation of a new water molecule from atoms available.

So, bam! Lightning! The energy from the lightning splits the molecular O2 floating in the area and in the same nanosecond, the two free oxygen atoms attach to some H2 molecules that are hanging around nearby - and boom u have new water molecules?If this is indeed what you've been trying to explain... For one moment I would like for you to consider where those O2 molecules came from

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, bam! Lightning! The energy from the lightning splits the molecular O2 floating in the area and in the same nanosecond, the two free oxygen atoms attach to some H2 molecules that are hanging around nearby - and boom u have new water molecules?If this is indeed what you've been trying to explain... For one moment I would like for you to consider where those O2 molecules came from

I'm guessing those O2 molecules were transported into existence from God at that exact moment so new water would be formed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

photosynthesis?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

photosynthesis?

great - now what's photosynthesis?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now about all those flood theories where there isn't enough water to cover the entire surface? smh

What if the ice caps melted?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

onetruth, what is photosynthesis?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spartan, a while back some homosexual atheists

what does their sexual orientation have to do with anything?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

He checked 'em out extra close and he wants you to know it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spartan, a while back some homosexual atheists did a study that determined if all the water (molecules) were in the liquid form and on the surface of the earth it would not be enough to submerge the tallest mountains. I am merely stating they do not know for a certainty if water volume is absolutely finite.

Of course it is finite. It is made up of specific molecules which in themselves are finite. Now just what the definition of is is, is a different question. By that I mean on a global, galaxy or universe level.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jesus H Christ. WTF are you boys talking about now, some of you must be bored out of your fucking skulls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outside of Anti Java, Spartan and Ozy, It’s nothing but a parade of sock puppets and psychos.lol.  .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think it is finite. More can be made and is every lightning bolt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think it is finite. More can be made and is every lightning bolt.

jesus h christ, because you're quick to ignore the m+m's i'm laying out for you, or unable to get it for yourself:You say O2 in the air + H2 in the air + lightning = infinite H2OSo I asked you where the O2 in the air comes fromYou correctly answered "photosynthesis"... and then somehow stopped considering the implications of thisPhotosynthesis can be summed up by a very simple equation, one you would know if you have taken 3 semesters of chemistry in college (or a keyboard and a finger to google photosynthesis):CO2 + H2O     

(+sunlight)

>      CH2O(biomass) + O2(byproduct)
      all the "infinite water" you plan on creating from lightning, came from water originally.and so unless you have some mechanism of capturing and sequestering all this "infinite" water created by lightning, there's a good chance its going to end up back being absorbed by land plans or algae when it falls out of the skyand thus stripped of its H2, returned to the air as O2, and ready to "infinitely" get turned into water again by lightningSo unless your theory involves destroying every plant and every primary producer on the planet (which I know it doesn't), you'd be hard pressed to turn all the actually finite amount of O2 and H2 in the air into an actually finite amount of waterdon't you see the fallacy of your whole idea once you consider the earth as a closed system with interacting parts? Its a cycle.  Everything just temporarily borrows elements.  So the thing that you gloss over in your theory, a way to create a sink large enough to keep water in this form so that it seems relatively infinite to humans, is in fact the most significant, and most missing part of your theoryand the only reason I go in depth explaining this to you like this is because this is perfectly indicative of your way of thinking.  no critical thought.  no big picture.  no reality.  just what a youtube video told youI mean, maybe you're just saying one of those things that you say at 4am when you're getting stoned with your buddies... "hey man, what if there was so much lightning that we could have water forever! lightning would be like water machines!"but in the real, like actual, real life world that the rest of us live in... no, no this doesn't or won't fckin happen

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

So you're saying it won't work?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you cannot understand the original post, or if you cannot understand the reaction process please do not lecture me with incoherent babble.Lightning comes AFTER the 2Hydogen and 1Oxygen molecule (hOh) is formed in mass. Lightning is the discharge from the reaction. Not Causing the reaction. This is the reverse of hydrolysis ~ using electrical current to break the bonds in liquid water molecule giving oxygen and hydrogen gas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you think lightning comes from the incredibly small amount of free floating oxygen atoms in the atmosphere snapping into place with free floating h2 molecules?In my incoherent-to-you-but-perfectly-coherent-to-the-rest-of-the-world post I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean that, because that's an even less realistic idea...But I guess you know what they say about assumptions... In that framework then, if you want an answer to your originally proposed question, I have it:No

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t want an answer from someone who has such little capacity for intelligence that they were unable to understand what was originally stated. However, in the future if I want answers from idiots I shall knock on your door firstly and inquire what stoners talk about after they have gotten rid of the munchies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't want an answer from someone who has such little capacity for intelligence that they were unable to understand what was originally stated. However, in the future if I want answers from idiots I shall knock on your door firstly and inquire what stoners talk about after they have gotten rid of the munchies.

This needs to be quoted. This is a clear contradiction to walking the 'narrow path'. A personal attack on someone? Really? I'd expect that from Escodrone but you seemed to be better then that. I guess even the mighty fall at some point.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“However, in the future if I want answers from idiots I shall knock on your door firstly and inquire what stoners talk about after they have gotten rid of the munchies.”So what was your intent, to lecture to us? To hand us down the mighty truth from on high?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody is perfect esp me. I know God opposes the haughty. It was a joke. Maybe a little mean spirited but mcdoug has a good sense of humor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol so long as we’re friends now… truthfully, don’t you see what I’m saying?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody is perfect esp me. I know God opposes the haughty. It was a joke. Maybe a little mean spirited but mcdoug has a good sense of humor.

Mcdoug might but god doesn't. Mean spirited is mean spirited. At least you now have something to pray about tonight. I'm sure he'll forgive you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lightning comes AFTER the 2Hydogen and 1Oxygen molecule (hOh) is formed in mass. Lightning is the discharge from the reaction. Not Causing the reaction. This is the reverse of hydrolysis ~ using electrical current to break the bonds in liquid water molecule giving oxygen and hydrogen gas.

That's not how lightning forms. 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Oh I suppose now you're going to give us some bullish*t about electromotive force?

Please wait…

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.