Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Codmons

Participant

The draft is knocking on our door. So much speculation and smoke brewing all over.Hearing the Bucs are considering a move to the #2 spot? NO THANKS!!!!Swapping our first round pick, a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year. Plus possibly a 4th next year?... No way in hell... Our team has too many needs for depth to do that.None of these guys are sure fire hall of famers, maybe if we could see into the future to know who will produce and stay free from injury. At this point, that'd be dumb!I've been high on Mack, I mean look at Miami moving up to draft Dion Jordan last year? I view Mack as a way better prospect, but I'm hearing Mack isn't a good fit with us.So, that leaves Watkins and Evans. Teams could easily leapfrog us and move up for Watkins and Evans. Which if they did, that makes the fall of Manziel easier.I'm not in favor of drafting any player who will be a bench player that early. Especially with how we attacked free agency, if the goal is to win now... Then screw drafting a bench guy on day one!The way I see things...1. Evans2. Watkins3. Donald4. EbronI'm not in favor of drafting a tackle at pick 7. I don't see us paying Collins that kind of cash to ride the bench and Dotson is our best lineman from last season. So, a tackle to guard at 7 seems rotten in my eyes.I'm looking for potential, immediate impact and scheme fit.You want to throw the ball deep? You want to be run first? Evans...I feel Evans will transition into the NFL better than Watkins, while most people feel Watkins is easily the best receiver. I'm higher on Evans and feel he has more to prove.Evans + Vjax just seems like it'd be magic to me. I was right when I called for Vincent and we are all seeing how it turned out.Donald would add an immediate presence beside McCoy and also give us some nice depth on the line.With Ebron, I feel he has the tools to help us split the seams of the D and he works his ass off to improve.Really hoping that's how things play out and basically if we plan to draft Manziel and send him to the bench, I'm going to feel sour.Please don't waste a premium pick on a bench guy. Get the impact player and get this thing rolling just like they did with Free Agency!That's all I hope for and wish for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Codmons,"I'm not in favor of drafting a tackle at pick 7. I don't see us paying Collins that kind of cash to ride the bench and Dotson is our best lineman from last season. So, a tackle to guard at 7 seems rotten in my eyes".I agree, if that were the case. Believe that if either Matthews or Robinson is drafted, draftee will start at guard. We have no guards right now to protect the QB. So Evans, Watkins or anyone else will be of no value if McCown is on his butt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Codmons,"I'm not in favor of drafting a tackle at pick 7. I don't see us paying Collins that kind of cash to ride the bench and Dotson is our best lineman from last season. So, a tackle to guard at 7 seems rotten in my eyes".I agree, if that were the case. Believe that if either Matthews or Robinson is drafted, draftee will start at guard. We have no guards right now to protect the QB. So Evans, Watkins or anyone else will be of no value if McCown is on his butt.

Drafting Mathews/Robinson would make perfect sense - play them at guard for a year or two, then move them to tackle. It gives them time to adapt and strengthen up for the NFL, fits a position of huge need (guard), and gives you an elite left tackle for 10 years. Plus, you're protected if Collins busts - as like McCown you're betting on a player with very small sample size.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well certainly if Watkins or Evans is not there and the QB the Buccaneers want is not there with no trade partners available, drafting one of those two tackles would make perfect sense. I’m not really sure about Evans though.Is he a fit in the Tedford offense? Not exactly and we already have VJ.Having typed all that I really have NO idea what is in store tomorrow night. Well.......except for the usual end of the world screeching. I do think we'll get a player the Bucs like very much and a guy who will make this a better team. Duh. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv,Go back to sleep its nap time.  :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s crash

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We trade down and take our biggest need; OG, maybe twice  before the end of the 3rd round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't wait for tomorrow's crash

So are you predicting prior to the start of the draft - or at a certain draft pick?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love these boards, but honestly have trouble thinking of anything worse than reading people’s initial overheated reaction to the draft picks (mostly thinking of the redboard, of course). I’ll just wait until it quiets down I think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love these boards, but honestly have trouble thinking of anything worse than reading people's initial overheated reaction to the draft picks (mostly thinking of the redboard, of course). I'll just wait until it quiets down I think.

+1maybe the crashes are actually intentional timeouts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

See no reason to take a tackle and move them to G later.  All that does is open ANOTHER hole in two years when they DO move to T.  Neither do we have to move down a couple of times and take one in the first round.  We could do that and then take a 2nd round Wr but why not take a FIRST round WR (either Evans or Beckman or Cooks after trading down) then a 2nd round G where all the other Gs other than the UCLA one will go.  In any case we MUST draft at least one quality starting G.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bucjoe wrote:
      See no reason to take a tackle and move them to G later.  All that does is open ANOTHER hole in two years when they DO move to T.  Neither do we have to move down a couple of times and take one in the first round.  We could do that and then take a 2nd round Wr but why not take a FIRST round WR (either Evans or Beckman or Cooks after trading down) then a 2nd round G where all the other Gs other than the UCLA one will go.  In any case we MUST draft at least one quality starting G.Don't agree about moving a T. Moving a tackle to guard in a year or two creates a new hole... which we have a year or two to fill. Whether we draft a developmental guard this year, sign one next year in FA, if Collins busts (and then maybe gets moved to guard)... Plus, it gives us a chance to see if Nicks is healthy and if he's not we're not screwed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Evans baby!!! The top guy on my board! YES!!!! It’s coming true!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv,Did we do okay with Evans?I am so thankful it's not Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv,Did we do okay with Evans?I am so thankful it's not Manziel.

Yes we DID! To me it was obvious Mike Evans was the guy the buccaneers wanted all the time. Tedford will make it work and I imagine the match-ups will be a nightmare for the opposition on Sundays. I'd heard that disciplined route running was not his strong suit but I have to believe the Bucs were convinced he could adapt and thrive here. No WAY both Evans and VJ will be doubled covered all the time. McCown must be smiling. I still think we'll take another QB later. Murray?So far, so good Stan!

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.