Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

How Long Until We Get To .500? Jul 6  2014, 10:01pmlovie_zpsd85d26db.png  Anyone who's familiar with the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers knows it isn't exactly known as a "winning franchise." In fact according to Pro Football Reference, our all time regular season record is an abysmal 233-362-1 (.392). That's good for dead last. Our next closest team is the Houston Texans with .411 but they've only been in existence for less than 15 years and expansion teams are suppose to be bad right? Well what about our success compared to the Seattle Seahawks? We came into the league the same year yet they boast a .492 record while only being ten games away from breaking even. As Lovie Smith tries to right this ship, I wondered to myself how many seasons of success would it take for our record to climb to .500? Surely it's going to be a long (hopefully successful) journey but approximately how long?I did some quick math to see how long it would take and here are my results Not including playoff and Super Bowl victories here are the best case scenarios: 8+ consecutive 16-0 seasons 9+ consecutive 15-1 seasons 10+ consecutive 14-2 seasons 13+ consecutive 13-3 seasons 16+ consecutive 12-4 seasons 21+ consecutive 11-5 seasons 32+ consecutive 10-6 seasons 63+ consecutive 9-7 season I personally think it'll take at least 25 years or so. 129 games is a lot ground to make up and that's including years where we finish with losing records as well. If you think this is depressing, at least we're not the Arizona Cardinals. Their record is .417 but due to their expansive history that's covering almost a century worth of games, they won't be reaching that goal in this century. Their record is 511-716-39 with a difference of almost 200 games. Surely we can climb out of our hole faster than they can...poll_zps77d4dffc.giflink

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

About 8-9 weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see why they can’t do it with 8 consecutive 16-0 seasons. We have Glennon after all just ask 10lbbass!

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Does this have to be another Glennon thread?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are talking about the "Future" right? Why would you want to selectively discuss the topic rather then the whole picture?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll definitely be dead.  I’m 39 and I don’t see any real logical scenario that would make them .500 before I die.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see why they can't do it with 8 consecutive 16-0 seasons. We have Glennon after all just ask 10lbbass!

Glennon is the worst thing to happen to this franchise, just as Mayhem and Hate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is the worst thing to happen to this franchise.

You don't say!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don't say!

Oh ye of super small football mind, you are an amusement to all of us here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don't say!

You sure have a lot of mice in your pockets. The human's on these forums all think you're a joke. Sadly not a very funny one either. Resorting to what you perceive as an attack was humorous. Please keep it up. You might become funny after all!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don't say!

You sure have a lot of mice in your pockets. The human's on these forums all think you're a joke. Sadly not a very funny one either. Resorting to what you perceive as an attack was humorous. Please keep it up. You might become funny after all!

I dont always come after other posters with vitriol but when I do I make non sequitur references to rodents.  - Mayhem is................the Most Belligerent Poster in the World.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don't say!

I dont always come after other posters with vitriol but when I do I make non sequitur references to rodents.  - Mayhem is................the Most Belligerent Poster in the World.

You can't give your title to others. Why would you want to anyways? You earned that damn thing fair and square!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I find the most amusing is that if you don’t agree with 10lb’s opinions, you apparently know nothing about football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I find the most amusing is that if you don't agree with 10lb's opinions, you apparently know nothing about football.

No one agrees with 10lbtrolls opinion that Glennon will start week 1 including you! (FYI: opinion not opinions SINGULAR!)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are talking about the "Future" right? Why would you want to selectively discuss the topic rather then the whole picture?

I agree. How can you discuss the future of the franchise and leave out the future of the franchise?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree. How can you discuss the future of the franchise and leave out the future of the franchise?

Damn right!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I find the most amusing is that if you don't agree with 10lb's opinions, you apparently know nothing about football.

No one agrees with 10lbtrolls opinion that Glennon will start week 1 including you! (FYI: opinion not opinions SINGULAR!)

I meant it to be plural. He has more than one opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only one is being discussed here. I'm sure he's got thousands of opinions and eventually we'll hear them all. It might be on his next screen name though after this one is toast because Glennon doesn't start week 1. :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only one is being discussed here. I'm sure he's got thousands of opinions and eventually we'll hear them all. It might be on his next screen name though after this one is toast because Glennon doesn't start week 1. :P

Mayhem, Java, Speedinspace, whoever you are - Keep on trolling brother!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mayhem, Java, Speedinspace, whoever you are - Keep on trolling brother!

I'm more then happy to rush to reply to your trolls as they amuse me. I don't switch accounts. Sorry to punch a hole in your trolling efforts but keep at it.  I'm not sure I'd be too proud of myself if you believe that I was trolling and you fell for it. Just saying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Week 1 is my guess. 0-0.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know it's just this one being discussed. But, I'm referring to it as a whole. He used to be insightful. He still is from time to time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Week 1 is my guess. 0-0.

McCrown us!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know it's just this one being discussed. But, I'm referring to it as a whole. He used to be insightful. He still is from time to time.

Fair enough. I only started following him when he made the statement that Glennon was starting week 1 in 2014 here. I can't comment on his past opinions other then what other's have said. Something about a shotgun approach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The premise of this thread is useless so the ensuing smack off is inevitable I suppose .

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.