Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

The top five Buccaneers most likely to be named to the ’14 Pro BowlBy Evan BattenJune 19, 2014 7:00 pm ?pro0_zps6873753a.png The defensive-minded Buccaneers carry a chip on their shoulders after finishing with a 4-12 record. New coach Lovie Smith and his smash mouth style of play will certainly elevate the Buccaneers into old territory among the NFC South’s elite. Here are some of the players who will standout this season. Vincent JacksonJackson has been on a yearlong Pro Bowl hiatus. With a new, talented passer along with young faces on the team, the outlook is promising. While Jackson hasn’t been the most consistent player on the field, he shows up against rivals. Especially the Atlanta Falcons.pro_zps5bb300ef.pngDoug MartinMartin is coming off a short season due to injuries. Many Buccaneer fans are still holding on to the potential that Martin flashed repeatedly during his rookie campaign of 1,454 yards on 319 carries. Many predict that Martin will become the new and improved Matt Forte under coach Smith. Gerald McCoy The two-time all-pro player is a lock for the pro bowl this season. With a defensive guru at the reigns of the team, we can expect a brilliant performance out of the young cornerstone player. Lavonte DavidHow a player makes first-team all-pro, but isn’t named to the pro bowl roster is beyond me. No matter, David will surely earn the title this year. Last season, David surmised 123 tackles. He accounted for 16 percent of the teams’ total 751 tackles. David also made 21 tackles for loss, 26 percent of the team’s total of 82 tackles for loss. Many are calling David as the next Brian Urlacher. And many of us know just how much the Bears dominated with Urlacher under coach Lovie Smith. pro2_zpsaf4fdd3b.pngAdrian ClaybornMany will see this pick as a surprise. Not the NFL fans who take statistics into account of predictions. Clayborn has steadily improved since his rookie season in 2011 after he finished with 7.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 29 tackles. In 2012 Clayborn played in three games and was subsequently placed on injured reserve after injuring his right knee. 2013 brought reassurance to his career after starting all 16 games, forcing two fumbles, achieving six sacks and finishing with 43 tackles. Head coach Lovie Smith has always utilized a strong end, Alex Brown in 2004-2006, Adewale Ogunleye in 2005-2008, and Julius Peppers from 2011-2012. Clayborn fits the bill as his next dominating force.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayborn ……bwahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Clay will do better than people are expecting. With Johnson and McCoy likely to get doubled, Clay should benefit by seeing a lot of 1 on 1 plays and quarterbacks that move into his area. Remember he got 6.5 sacks in Schiano’s stunt happy defense, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised with a double digit season from Clayborn if he can stay healthy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayborn will thrive under Lovie.  There is no doubt in my mind.  Just like I think Bowers will be tossed out, Clayborn thrives. Verner- He is going barring injury.  He is perfect for what we are doing under Lovie on D and will be a huge reason for our reemergence in the top 5 defensively.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see VJ, McCoy, and David making it. Martin won’t be getting all the reps so I don’t think he will make it. I could possibly see Johnson making it with him and McCoy both having double digit sacks. A long shot, but a guy who could possibly make some big plays with this defense is Barron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember when PR posted an offseason article on how there were 16 piotential pro bowlers on the roster and then they went out and won 4 games?  That was funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayborn is a long shot but I think Michael Johnson could be a possibility. McCoy/David/Verner/VJax/Martin are all possibilities as well if I’m feeling optimistic! :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a feeling were gonna get  a lot of love this year and be not so much under the radar with Dungy and Edwards in the media who are Lovie’s friends

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayborn is a long shot but I think Michael Johnson could be a possibility. McCoy/David/Verner/VJax/Martin are all possibilities as well if I'm feeling optimistic! :D

Clayborn has a better shot than Michael Johnson, IMO.  I think Clayborn responds to Lovie and has the season of his life. I am not sure what Michael Johnson is yet.  Meaning, I know Johnson has had some good seasons, better than Clayborn but I watch Clayborn on every play he is involved in.  If we can get more of the good Clayborn then I think he is in for a monster season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Realistic chance: mccoy, david, verner, vjPossibles: evans, wright or asj, mccown, banks, clayborn (depends if they use him in a jjwatt type role) and martin.Very slim: patton, goldson, rainey or james, dotson, herron, and maybe gholston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy, David, Verner and V-Jax all have pretty good chances, IMO.Martin, Goldson and Michael Johnson are also possibilities. I don't think anyone else has much of a shot just because a lot of it has to do with if you're a big name. Hell, Lavonte was one of the best defensive players in the league last year and didn't even get the nod.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy, David, Verner and V-Jax all have pretty good chances, IMO.Martin, Goldson and Michael Johnson are also possibilities. I don't think anyone else has much of a shot just because a lot of it has to do with if you're a big name. Hell, Lavonte was one of the best defensive players in the league last year and didn't even get the nod.

Well, it helps if you win more than four games.If they win 10 to 12 games, even guys like clayborn, evans, and martin will have a chance. All of which are questionable atm, but could get lucky if the season goes their way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, it helps if you win more than four games.If they win 10 to 12 games, even guys like clayborn, evans, and martin will have a chance. All of which are questionable atm, but could get lucky if the season goes their way.

There's a lot of competition at WR in the NFC. V-Jax, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Megatron, Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, etc. I would be shocked if Evans outproduces enough of these guys in his rookie season to make the Pro Bowl.Martin, I definitely agree that he could make it.I don't think Clayborn is going to put up more than 10 sacks. I could see him having a very good year overall, but if he doesn't have high sack numbers, I doubt he makes it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy, David, Verner and V-Jax all have pretty good chances, IMO.Lavonte was one of the best defensive players in the league last year and didn't even get the nod.

That speaks volumes.However, as Benchwarmer said above....winning games will help add more players to the Pro-Bowl squad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayborn is a long shot but I think Michael Johnson could be a possibility. McCoy/David/Verner/VJax/Martin are all possibilities as well if I'm feeling optimistic! :D

Clayborn has a better shot than Michael Johnson, IMO.  I think Clayborn responds to Lovie and has the season of his life. I am not sure what Michael Johnson is yet.  Meaning, I know Johnson has had some good seasons, better than Clayborn but I watch Clayborn on every play he is involved in.  If we can get more of the good Clayborn then I think he is in for a monster season.

Idk, I agree we don't know what MJ is but at least we know he's had double digit sacks and that's the only way a DE is going to the probowl for us. I'd love to see Clayborn get us 10+ sacks but I don't think it's as likely as MJ doing it.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.