Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

if Brady had steady receivers out of the backfield? They would be unstoppable.

And this offense is already revved up. But receivers that can catch screens and safety balances, and remember when he had David Johnson in his heyday? That guy, aside from his 16tds on the ground and 1600 yards(ish), he also had almost 900 yards receiving and 4 more tuds receiving. Remember when he would split out and run slants? Or he would flex out and just be a monster.

Man he was unreal, and if the Bucs could make either of those two stubborn or incapable guys catch the ball, this team would beat anyone all the time.

Bucs really need a receiving back, just unreal those guys just cannot figure out how to catch a damn football!! Drives me insane.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Speaking with some fans out of the afc north division, Bernard is supposed to be real good at it but haven’t seen him much. Maybe not up to speed yet.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Next year need a pass catching rb rounds 1-3 in the draft without a doubt.

Ask for Bradys help scouting like he did with Darden.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

DAMEON PIERCE has not caught a lot of passes in his career at Florida but he is capable and he is just better than anything the Bucs have on this team right now.

• Mic

Participant

Those backs are easy to find in FA and in the mid-late rounds every year save the premium picks for trenches and corners which is where you get real value from rookie contracts. Ie davis who’s getting 15-20m next year vs his 1? This year or like wirfs who is gonna get paid like a top 5 tackle in the future but we have 5 years of all pro work for cheap

Build the roster for longevity and we could have a real dynasty for what we have of Brady

• Swash

Participant

If only they had a guy like Gio Bernard on the roster.. oh wait?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Tbh, Gio looked like he was losing gas in Cincy. I see him as a true backup, who lacks a lot of explosiveness anymore.

If only they had a guy like Gio Bernard on the roster.. oh wait?

• SunnyD

Participant

I’ve also been disappointed in Gio. He looks small and doesn’t seem to make the first man miss anymore. I don’t know if it’s been by design or because he can’t do it anymore but he has also been a complete zero as a runner. James White can at least handle a few carries a game to keep the defense honest.

• seekpar

Participant

4net and jones need to call the raiders and get some stickum

• BadabingBucs

Participant

so we have Evans, AB, Godwin, Gronk and that isn’t good enough.

Fournette is just fine and should be the starter.

You can tell Bruce is getting tired of the Gio Benard questions. Dude is in the McCoy role and as he said, 2 minute back.

Rojo cant block or catch as good as Lenny so i am not sure why this is even a debate other than the favoritism towards Bucs draft picks. Rojo should be #2 guy and Vaughn should remain a healthy scratch

• SunnyD

Participant

I know Vaughn had a bad fumble last year but Rojo had an equally bad fumble this season, is a bad pass protector, and is a zero on special teams.

Jones had some good games last year but I’m not sure he should be active over Vaughn.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Giving Vaughn playing time over RoJo at this point should be an option. At least Vaughn has his better days ahead of him, RoJo has peaked, and maybe regressed at this point and he plays with less energy than he had in 2020 and he is making mental mistakes in his small sample of plays he has been involved with.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I know Vaughn had a bad fumble last year but Rojo had an equally bad fumble this season, is a bad pass protector, and is a zero on special teams.

Jones had some good games last year but I’m not sure he should be active over Vaughn.

That’s a bit of an overreaction

I agree that many Buc fans over-rate RoJo as i think he’s clear #2 to Fournette. He has better burst than Fournette but all-around Lenny needs to be in there at a 67% to 33% share of the snaps due to his superior receiving/blocking abilities. He’s also tougher and will fight for yardage where Rojo tip toes out of bounds.

Still despite Rojo’s weak play so far, he should still get snaps and be a part of the offense. Vaughn is in danger of being cut to be honest if we suffer a few injuries and need to make room.

• SunnyD

Participant

I don’t think anything I said is inaccurate. Jones is *probably* better than Vaughn as a pure runner but he is demonstrably less of an asset on ST than Vaughn and I’ve personally not seen Jones do anything as a reciever or in pass pro to make me think he is better than Vaughn in that arena.

I also think both Jones and Fournette are the type of runners that need a bunch of carries to get in a rhythm and start breaking off chunk plays so chopping up either of their carries just hurts the team overall.

I’d love to see Vaughn active this week especially if Minter is off the ST squad because of COVID.

• Swash

Participant

I’m not sure that any of us know what Gio can or can’t do anymore. The sample size of him running the ball is almost non existent as a Buc.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Q

he averaged 3.4 yards a carry with the Bengals last year and 3.2 in 2019.

Both of these are under what Rojo and Fournette did the last 2 years (Lenny – 1 with JAX)

both Lenny and Rojo are doing fine as runners. I mean they averaged 10 and 5 carries a game respectively thus far so can’t really expect 100 yard performances if we are going to be moving the ball through the air so easily.

The issue that wont change for the remainder of the year is that Rojo cant block or catch as well as Fournette. Gio can’t run as good as the other two but is better receiving.

Keep Fournette as the primary back, have Rojo as change of pace or close out games, and Gio as 2 minute guy or if we are down and need to obviously throw

given how we are as a team, dont expect Gio’s playing time to increase. This week, i could see us down in a close game but ultimately if we are up 2-3 touchdowns in games, you will see more running out the clock

• Boid Fink

Participant

He showed enough as a Bengal last season as to why he is relegated to third string in Tampa. He lost a step in Cincy, and that is that. He certainly isn’t going to get more burst and wiggle because he signed in Tampa…his wheels are getting loose. He isn’t a guy you want in the field fir more than a breather. ToJo and 4net if they could catch even a little bit would be fine. But both are miserable in the pass catch department, and RoJo’s just can’t do anything but take a ha Dogg and run. He is a poor blocker, a cross eyed receiver with casts on his hands, and he is more emotional than a small girl. If the Bucs had one average back with good hands, that average back would have a great year. And the offense would be completely unstoppable.

I’m not sure that any of us know what Gio can or can’t do anymore. The sample size of him running the ball is almost non existent as a Buc.

• Runole

Participant

He showed enough as a Bengal last season as to why he is relegated to third string in Tampa. He lost a step in Cincy, and that is that. He certainly isn’t going to get more burst and wiggle because he signed in Tampa…his wheels are getting loose. He isn’t a guy you want in the field fir more than a breather. ToJo and 4net if they could catch even a little bit would be fine. But both are miserable in the pass catch department, and RoJo’s just can’t do anything but take a ha Dogg and run. He is a poor blocker, a cross eyed receiver with casts on his hands, and he is more emotional than a small girl. If the Bucs had one average back with good hands, that average back would have a great year. And the offense would be completely unstoppable.

Not ready to throw in the towel on Bernard he looked good at Cincy. AB and Gronk didn’t have immediate success here.

• RW

Participant

I’ve also been disappointed in Gio. He looks small and doesn’t seem to make the first man miss anymore. I don’t know if it’s been by design or because he can’t do it anymore but he has also been a complete zero as a runner. James White can at least handle a few carries a game to keep the defense honest.

I think you have him confused with someone else. He’s had 6 targets at most in 2 games caught 4 and had NO rushes!!! he’s been fine . He’s just not playing a lot. But on the winning drive against Dallas he was the guy in the backfield for all of it.

• RW

Participant

A sample size of zero so far.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Because 4net and RoJo are unreliable pass catchers and sub par blockers. It’s a shame that a third string back that is wearing down gets those snaps. An indictment of both of them.

I think you have him confused with someone else. He’s had 6 targets at most in 2 games caught 4 and had NO rushes!!! he’s been fine . He’s just not playing a lot. But on the winning drive against Dallas he was the guy in the backfield for all of it.

• Detrimental

Participant

Would love to bucs to draft an all round back. Watching CMC and AK41 these past years have been rough

we’ve invested a lot and still nowhere near close to the modern day rb

4net is soft and RoJo the best pure runner on the team has horrific hands

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Would love to bucs to draft an all round back. Watching CMC and AK41 these past years have been rough

lol you act like CMAC and AK41 are a common occurrence.

Drafting a running back high is typically a bad idea unless it’s those two.

Dalvin Cook is always hurt and Henry will be run into the ground in another 2-3 years. You can already see buyers remorse on ZEKE and SaQuan is ok but is he worth $15M a year once contract is up?

truth is, Bucs are doing it right at running back with low budget thrown that way and a multi headed attack. If the Bucs didn’t have 3 HOFs, 1 ALL PRO in the receiving core, i’d agree we’d need more of a stud but for now, we have enough budgeted $$$ there

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Dalvin Cook was a better pick than OJ Howard. Nobody is debating that. And the fact that the Bucs could have easily traded up in the 2nd to get Dalvin Cook after just trading up in the bottom of the 2nd the season before to draft a kicker (I don’t care how good of a kicker, it was still a horrible idea), just shows how clueless that Licht can be at times and that he needs a lot of guidance in drafting players to this day. Jaelon Darden was a wasted draft pick. Should have drafted a DB at that spot.

The Bucs should have made the obvious choice and signed Darrell Patterson and NOT Giovani Bernard. They could have solved their problems at RB AND got a top kickoff returner. It was a braindead move by Licht to not pick up Patterson (a player that the Bucs have had a lot of exposure to and have had to game plan for) and allow him to sign with a divisional rival. Licht is NOT the guy some of you Homer McHomersons think he is.

• Boid Fink

Participant

The point is even if the Bucs had a competent receiver with some gas in the tank this offense would be unreal. An average RB with good hands would probably put up big numbers here, with this group. Just a shame the runners think the ball is coated in Teflon. Gio is old, and didn’t do much in Cincy. He started to tail off, because that’s what happens with runners approaching 30.

lol you act like CMAC and AK41 are a common occurrence.

Drafting a running back high is typically a bad idea unless it’s those two.

Dalvin Cook is always hurt and Henry will be run into the ground in another 2-3 years. You can already see buyers remorse on ZEKE and SaQuan is ok but is he worth $15M a year once contract is up?

truth is, Bucs are doing it right at running back with low budget thrown that way and a multi headed attack. If the Bucs didn’t have 3 HOFs, 1 ALL PRO in the receiving core, i’d agree we’d need more of a stud but for now, we have enough budgeted $$$ there

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

if Brady had steady receivers out of the backfield? They would be unstoppable.

And this offense is already revved up. But receivers that can catch screens and safety balances, and remember when he had David Johnson in his heyday? That guy, aside from his 16tds on the ground and 1600 yards(ish), he also had almost 900 yards receiving and 4 more tuds receiving. Remember when he would split out and run slants? Or he would flex out and just be a monster.

Man he was unreal, and if the Bucs could make either of those two stubborn or incapable guys catch the ball, this team would beat anyone all the time.

Bucs really need a receiving back, just unreal those guys just cannot figure out how to catch a damn football!! Drives me insane.

They might need to break out the Jugs for our backs after every practice.

• Mic

Participant

Tbh were being nitpicky there is probably 30 other teams who want our offense, as long as the backs don’t fumble or drop balls that lead to pick we’re probably gonna be alright as an offense. This team would be much improved if we could play better defense. Is it me or does our run defense doesn’t look as solid and we need to keep edwards as the new nickel

• Boid Fink

Participant

Not saying other teams aren’t envious of the skill position depth the Bucs have. But suggesting a pass catching back would make this offense fairly indefensible is a fair statement, and want.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.